PDA

View Full Version : BACK ON! LOCATION CHANGE! - Kadilak's Dual Land Draft II 8/5/06

Peter_Rotten
08-02-2006, 03:22 PM
OH LOOK! Kaddy has a tourney! Hopefully no dumbasses post some of the stupidest and lamest shit in this thread

This is the sequel to My first Dual Land Draft!!!!

Where: Syracuse, NY

Here is the site where you can find directions:

http://www.theredmillinn.com/pages/map.asp

Date: Saturday, August 5th, 2006.

Time: Doors open at 10 am and the tournament will start at 11:00 sharp.

Entry Fee: $25

More Prizes are being added!!!

This event will be Sanctioned, so bring your DCI number.

Prizes: A full set of Dual Lands to be drafted by the top 8. I will be posting more prizes according to attendence. And there will be a raffle for many kick ass prizes. THE DUAL LANDS ARE GURANTEED!!!!!and will be ON HAND!!!!

Selections:
4x Underground Sea
4x Tundra
4x Tropical Island
4x Volcanic Island
4x Taiga
4x Bayou
4x Savannah
4x Plateau
4x Scrubland
4x Badlands

Door Prizes:
TBD
Cookies:
1 Dozen Peanut Butter cookies

Head Judge: Eli Kassis

Format: Legacy

Deck Registration Required!!!!

I will edit this with more updates on raffle prizes and other prizes!!!

Hope to see everyone in August!!!

Please note updated Location, entry fee, and additional prizes are being added.

Peter_Rotten
08-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Oh, cool. Kaddy has a tourney. Everyone should go.

Jander78
08-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Dude....This is awesome. I'll def. be there with a TV to host whatever video game Anwar was going to smash you in.

Michael Keller
08-02-2006, 03:43 PM
...is it just me...

or did this thread just enter the Twilight Zone...

Peter_Rotten
08-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Oh, I'm sure Anwar is going.... going to lose!

So many people are going to this - it's going to be awesome!

Moby Dick
08-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I still need a ride.

herbig
08-02-2006, 05:05 PM
I don't think I can make this one, but good luck to everyone going!

quicksilver
08-02-2006, 05:06 PM
I don't think I can make this one, but good luck to everyone going!

After all that talk about the Herbig project and now you arn't even gona go! Wow, I didn't think the Herbig project could get any lamer, but well there it is.

Peter_Rotten
08-02-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm so glad that no one is making any stupid posts in this thread.

Nightmare
08-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Guys, awful news. How You Play the Game (formerly Altered States), has just failed a fire inspection, and is closed until further notice. The event is going to be postponed indefinately. Sorry to you all who have made plans to attend. More info is to come. Thanks.

Peter_Rotten
08-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Here's a copy of the PM that I got.

Matt,
We had a visit from the Fire Inspector today at the store. It didn't go very well. WE HAVE TO CLOSE OUR EVENT AREA UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE! I e-mailed Kadilack but when I went to edit the thread I saw it was "stickyed" . Could you post that the event is postponed and/or moved? I want to get the word out ASAP so players can change plans. Yea, this sucks.
Nate, event coordinator
Play the Game, Read the Story

Damn, I wish that this was some sort of elaborate prank, but I think it's the real deal.

NICK C. Gimme my Bayous back!

quicksilver
08-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Guys, awful news. How You Play the Game (formerly Altered States), has just failed a fire inspection, and is closed until further notice. The event is going to be posed indefinately. Sorry to you all who have made plans to attend. More info is to come. Thanks.

You can't be serious about this. Please tell me you are joking. And if you wanted maybe the tournement could be held in Rochester? I'm sure Ed Fear would let that happen.

Michael Keller
08-02-2006, 06:04 PM
...wow.

Jander78
08-02-2006, 06:10 PM
That sucks.....bad.

Di
08-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Ed Fear wouldn't happen to want to take this tourny under the Millenium roof only a couple days prior, would he?

Or anywhere else where this could be held? Amrod's? Fuck, I dunno. This shit is gay. Altered States is gay.

Parcher
08-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Tell Ed that you have some poker players in the group. He doesn't mind losing, but he won't give his money away. If you can get 6-8 players to keep him occupied on the back room table, he may let you run something like this. I can't go, or I'd skip the tourney to empty his wallet again. Just find someone from Altered States to run it.

Peter_Rotten
08-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Bump so all see the bad news. :(

Moby Dick
08-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Atleast now I don't feel so bad about my plans falling apart.

Jesus
08-02-2006, 09:22 PM
I know a place we could hold this but i doubt befor anyone reads this post that we'll get an answer from kaddy Message me ill toss yah my cell tommarow!

herbig
08-02-2006, 10:23 PM
This definately sucks. Play the Game Read the Story, formerly How You Play the Game, formerly Altered States should have had their shit together instead of spending so much time coming up with names. I think we should definately try to find a place to hold this quick. Everyone was really looking forward to this.

Getsickanddie
08-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Even though Amrod is out, could somebody call the owner of Tri-County to lease out the food court. I'd throw a couple extra dollars in with my entry fee in order to have this go down.

on1y0ne
08-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Something is in the works...

Whit3 Ghost
08-02-2006, 10:59 PM
We all are waiting.

Moby Dick
08-02-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm all for having this held in worcester.

TeenieBopper
08-02-2006, 11:56 PM
I wasn't particularly looking foward to this, but it's still some seriously gay bullshit.

We should all go vandalize the fire inspector's office in mattydale. Stupid fucker.

Ebinsugewa
08-03-2006, 12:51 AM
Wow, that's weak. I was really hoping I could come to this. What's the word on Plan B?

AnwarA101
08-03-2006, 12:54 AM
Are we sure PR didn't make a call to the inspector's office to make him check it out right before the tournament? I know he was shaking in his boots about playing me in SF2 and perhaps he got a little desperate. I would have gone easy on you PR. You didn't have to cancel the tournament. Apparently I will never have my chance at defeating you!!!

Jesus
08-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Ed Fear Most likely cannot host this tournament as i'm fairly certain he is hosting a Yu-Gi-Oh Sneak Peak this weekend, Though ill email him anyway Not that i'm alowd to attend there but i'd hate to see you all get fucked in the End do the Popular belief Jesus is a nice guy if you need a place though I'm Fairly sure i have a semi Guarnteed place in Rochester NY, Might be a lil tight but i'm sure it would do.

*Alright i emailed Ed good luck guys if it doesn't work Out sorry i did my share, Btw i'm going into the National Guard as soon as i can get a few things Finished in chester, Good luck sourcers and god's speed*

Kadishack
08-03-2006, 01:39 AM
I had not heard this info until just now. I have not had power at all today( being Wednesday). I was at Altered States Tuesday night and was not informed of this. Sorry to everyone

Di
08-03-2006, 02:02 AM
Hey, this tournament definately isn't cancelled yet. Hopefully we can find a nice-sized area to get for the day and all will be fine.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
08-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Scheduling it a few weeks later on a weekend without a PTQ at the Tri-County place would seriously be the best ending ever coming out of this crap. I've been dying for want of some doughboy's.

EdFear
08-03-2006, 03:33 AM
Gentlemen,
Ed Fear speaking; I was only just made aware of the situation (3 AM Early Thursday Morning). Here are my comments in order of importance:

1. Whoever thinks they took my money playing poker really needs come on out and ante up. Name the stakes; I'll set up a feature match table and embarrass you in front of your friends (or lose terribly.)

2. I don't know the guys at Altered/game/whatever all that well but the three times I spoke with the owner it made me amazed the guy could stay in business. The last time I was trying as hard as I could to run a Yu-Gi-Oh Regional there. First he demanded a fee. I tried to explain to him that I was going to bring over a hundred Yu-Gi-Oh players and parents into his store and that he would probably make several thousands of dollars in additional sales, but this concept seemed a little out of his reach. I wanted to run some events in Syracuse for the players there because as an Upper Deck employee I felt a responsibility, so I decided I would pay the fee. We had to cancel anyway because he from rescheduling to not having enough space and just being generally rude.
And in a related note, in the hundreds of events other people have run in my store the grand total I have charged them for the space is exactly zero. Hell, I lose money on the majority of tournaments my employees run. I host/run events so that in turn my players have a fun/safe place to play which in turn keeps them playing the game and in theory will lead to additional purchases. Maybe I should charge 50% more for my events and give out store credit for prizes which is only usable on worthless things or as a fraction of its face value. In a shocking move, at Millennium Games, $10 STORE CREDIT is worth $10 CREDIT on anything in the STORE. Shocking. We already took the StarCity Power 9 events and we should have the Magic Pre-Releases soon; there has got to be a limit to the amount of crap Gray Matter can stand. Which might sound like a bad thing to Syracuse Magic players except that it will probably finally put that place out of business so I can open you guys a decent store.
By the way, how in gods name do you fail a fire inspection? I get one about every five years. Here's how the last one went:

INSPECTOR: Mr. Fear you have a couple problems. First of all, you have too many extension cords on the ground back there. Also you need 2 more fire extinguishers located x and y, and all your extinguishers need to be located hanging on posts/walls.

ME: Okay, any recommendations on where to purchase the extinguishers and hooks?

INSPECTOR : (This Place)

ME: Ok, I'll order the stuff right now, and call you when it comes in...

No shut down, no missed events/weekends etc. WTF is going on out there where something like this happens and can't be fixed/resolved in 5-6 days time? Napalm leaks? A family of fire elementals living behind the register?
Sorry if I'm being unfair here, but I literally hear a dozen complaints a week about a store 70 miles away from me. That's almost impressive.

3) Last but not least, the tournament organizer/s can contact me at ed@millenniumgames.com and I can likely accommodate them for this weekend.

Ed

Ed, thanks for paying attention to our tournament woes and making a kind offer. We're trying to keep this as amiable as a last minute cancelation can be - and tempers obviously can get heated - so I took the liberty of removing a few insults about AS from your post.

herbig
08-03-2006, 03:52 AM
1. Whoever thinks they took my money playing poker really needs come on out and ante up. Name the stakes; I'll set up a feature match table and embarrass you in front of your friends (or lose terribly.)

I accept.

Michael Keller
08-03-2006, 03:52 AM
Sorry if I'm being unfair here, but I literally hear a dozen complaints a week about a store 70 miles away from me.

Imagine living literally right next door to it.

At any rate this is a remarkable turnaround from the events which have unfolded over the last 24 hours. Thank you Ed for that - truly. At any rate, let's get on top of this, shall we?

Getsickanddie
08-03-2006, 04:24 AM
I think the fire inspection problem probably had to do with how far back the play area is, and that is no exit except the main one. (well, that and I think one more they covered with shit).

As much as I loathe the city of Rochestor, I must give a tip of my hat to Mr. Fear.

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-03-2006, 07:29 AM
So folks.. is this tournament definitely going to be held at Millenium Games and Hobbies in Rochester??? Are any plans definite yet??? I'm assuming those who would need to travel would like to know ASAP... so keep the info coming guys!!!

bigbear102
08-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Well I just sent a pretty nasty e-mail to AS, or, HYPTG, or PTGRTS or whatever the hell it is now, so Mr. Fear, if you would like to open a store in syracuse I would be extremely happy, as the way Chris is I might just be banned from AS anyway now.... And I bet we could still probably get Tri County if we really tried, as that place has absolutely nothing going on in it....but a gaming store is always better in my opinion, so I vote Rochester.

Whit3 Ghost
08-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Ugh, I don't. Just for the reason that it makes a 2 hour drive into a 4 hour one. I live north of Albany.

Although I agree 100% that AS needs to get its shit together.

EDIT- This is nothing against Mr. Fear

Watcher487
08-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Ugh, I don't. Just for the reason that it makes a 2 hour drive into a 4 hour one. I live north of Albany.

Although I agree 100% that AS needs to get its shit together.

No the actual thing is that Albany needs to get it's shit together and actually support a store that is willing to deal more with Magic and actually have enough room to support a decent size tourney.

But I'm with the Ghost on this one. 4 hours is too damn long of a trip just to deal with Jesus. I'm voting for the Tri-county Mall too.

@ BigBear: Clear out your damn PM box.

Drathro
08-03-2006, 08:54 AM
No the actual thing is that Albany needs to ... support a store that is willing to deal more with Magic and actually have enough room to support a decent size tourney.

Hey, it could happen! For example, Science & Hobby is moving to a bigger location (and, no, I don't know how big) in Latham (just north of Albany) sometime soon , so it's possible they could host larger Legacy events in the future. Just please be nice about it if you approach them about a larger tournament - the one employee who runs the weekly tournaments sometimes seems to be a little stressed from dealing with Magic players every week, and who can blame them? Kidding! ... sort of.

Jesus
08-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Your Welcome guys as i said and good luck, I'm glad this will now all work out for you, even though i cannot compete best wishes Just remember Jesus is not a condescending player. My hopes and of course Prayers go out to you all.

Watcher487
08-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey, it could happen! For example, Science & Hobby is moving to a bigger location (and, no, I don't know how big) in Latham (just north of Albany) sometime soon , so it's possible they could host larger Legacy events in the future. Just please be nice about it if you approach them about a larger tournament - the one employee who runs the weekly tournaments sometimes seems to be a little stressed from dealing with Magic players every week, and who can blame them? Kidding! ... sort of.

They actually just moved about 2 days ago into Watervlet, into an old Knights of Columbus building. Dee is more than willing to hold Legacy events but it's a matter of having people attend the damn thing in the first place.

Peter_Rotten
08-03-2006, 09:33 AM
They actually just moved about 2 days ago into Watervlet, into an old Knights of Columbus building. Dee is more than willing to hold Legacy events but it's a matter of having people attend the damn thing in the first place.
That place is so damn close to my house I'd go - if there actually was a tourney about the size of the Guild's old tournies.

Anyway, try not to bad mouth AS too much. Shit happens. Also keep in mind, that there is a very good chance that you could be playing there sometime soon. No need to bite the hand that feeds you.

Kadishack
08-03-2006, 10:32 AM
I am in the process of contacting Ed Fear about this. I was wondering if everyone would still be willing to come up for this if it were in Rochester.
Such as Albany, where the drive doubles from 2 hrs to 4hrs. Let me know what you guys think of this.

Thanks

EDIT: Would rescheduling this be better for everyone???

noobslayer
08-03-2006, 10:40 AM
I personally think this weekend is fine. Most of us have filled the day with it already, what's it matter if you have leave a little earlier? If you want to play this shouldn't change a thing.

Parcher
08-03-2006, 10:42 AM

Ah, Ed. While my name might mean little to you after so many years, I am the one who would join you in games after my scrubbing out Day one during many a Pro Tour. My favorite being at Team PTDC back in 2000(?),when we went 0-1-3.

You and I bribed the clean up crew at the hotel to let us use one of their banquet rooms for a nice sized tournament, that you lost an all-in on like the third hand, and started backing side games. I cleaned out Gallitz on pocket two's two hands in a row, then he threw his ring at me and started kicking holes in the wall. Then I won the whole deal after Justice basically gave up, and then by cleaning out Igor Freyman on a river Royal Flush. Then we got reported to the organizers and they tried to make us pay for Gallitz's damage, and we had to clean up the whole freaking room because after seeing the wall, everybody else ran. Good times.

I try never to get as close as you are to Jersey, but if you ever roll down to the D.C./VA area, I'd be more than happy to watch you go all in on every hand again. I think the only person you beat regularly was that buyer from Troll and Toad, Gaming Steve was it?

Obfuscate Freely
08-03-2006, 10:57 AM
The NoVanites are still in for this weekend. There's no difference between Rochester and Syracuse for us, except for lodging (would we still be staying with you, Kaddy?).

AnwarA101
08-03-2006, 11:05 AM
I am in the process of contacting Ed Fear about this. I was wondering if everyone would still be willing to come up for this if it were in Rochester.
Such as Albany, where the drive doubles from 2 hrs to 4hrs. Let me know what you guys think of this.

Thanks

EDIT: Would rescheduling this be better for everyone???

I concur with ObFreely. We would still be interested as long as we can still stay with Kadliak ofcourse. Though wouldn't the Tri-County Mall be an option? I imagine it can't take much to rent out the space over there?

Jesus
08-03-2006, 11:08 AM
If people need some help message Ol'Jesus i can find a place for you all for one nite most likely, AOL :WerriMG

quicksilver
08-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Well if this does indeed end up being to Rochester, I could probably put up the nova crew, don't forget I still have an apartment up there. Although it might be a bit tight, and I would have to get the ok with my roomates who are not fans of magic players in general.

Also it is like only an hour and a half from syracuse to rochester depending on driving speed. Maybe like 2 hours for Anwar.

Kadishack
08-03-2006, 11:17 AM
I am in the process of contacting places near by such as Tri- county mall, to see if I could rent out the space. I should know later today where we will be.

Jesus
08-03-2006, 12:26 PM
I just hope this works out for all partys involved.

Shriekmaw
08-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Kaddy, I know you want to really have this tournament, but I feel rescheduling this would be the best plan. I'm very dissapointed on the events that happened in the last few days, but I feel getting a location and putting this off would be the best for everyone.

Thanks.

on1y0ne
08-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Though I cannot help with the woes of the possible cancellation of Kadilak's tournament, recent events have inspired a friend of mine to kick some plans into overdrive. Someone with whom I play Magic has a DBA and has gotten all of the paperwork necessary to get product direct from Wizards. He currently lacks a storefront, however.

I recently became a TO, and this friend is working on the same. Together, we are trying to find a suitable location for regular events. As it stands, there will be booster drafts at 6:00pm on Wednesdays at the food court of the Carousel Mall. Soon, there will be a regular, hopefully centrally located, gathering place so that events can be run on other days, as well. As soon as he has a permanant storefront, I will let y'all know.

As for Kadilak's tourney, I wish the best for those involved in making it a success despite this major setback. I know that many are concerned and are working franticly to avoid an altogether cancellation of the event.

Bryant Cook
08-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Even if the event is at Tri-County Mall, where are we going to get the computer with the program?

EDIT: People from Albany should go to rochester if need be. Look at how many times VA has taken 8 hour car rides up here and back. Compared to the 4 it'd be for you.

EdFear
08-03-2006, 01:40 PM
1) The buyer for Troll and Toad was Gaming Jim, very close. I was completely awful at poker back then, surprised I made it to hand 3.

2) It is almost 2PM on Thursday; I have received no emails nor telephone calls about the tournament.

Ed

Michael Keller
08-03-2006, 03:03 PM
People from Albany should go to rochester if need be. Look at how many times VA has taken 8 hour car rides up here and back. Compared to the 4 it'd be for you.

Quoted for Truth.

noobslayer
08-03-2006, 03:03 PM
I for one, and I think most of the Rochester crew would be willing to go the extra mile and help out with whatever so this tournament can happen.

bigbear102
08-03-2006, 03:10 PM
I would vote that we have it this weekend, whether it be in Rochester or Tri-County or what. I know a lot of people made plans, I have a friend coming n from watertown.

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-03-2006, 03:38 PM
It appears as though little progress is being made... regardless of whether or not we decide to postpone or hold the tournament, I think that a solid and final decision needs to to be made before tommorow. We all need to understand that some people are going to have to make along drive, so if a decision could be made on Thursday that would be excellent for all of us.

Jim
08-03-2006, 03:42 PM
I had planned on going to this event, and I don't care where it is or whatever, I'm still in. If I have to drive to Rochester (hour-something), that's fine. If I have to go to tri-county, that's fine too (10 mins. away). If it's in Rochester I guess I could drive some 'Cuse people. we'll see what happens.

Lego
08-03-2006, 03:43 PM
the one employee who runs the weekly tournaments sometimes seems to be a little stressed from dealing with Magic players every week, and who can blame them? Kidding! ... sort of.

She also doesn't get paid for most of the Magic tournament stuff she does. She stops getting paid at like 8PM, and tournaments often run longer than that.

The reason us Albany players can't make it if it is moved to Rochester is that we go down and back the same day. Were I staying over, I'd have no problem making it to Rochester, but I have to work the next day, so the extra two hours both ways is a deal breaker for me (well, specifically for my ride, and therefor for me.) I'd still go it if was anywhere in Syracuse though!

I still say we should rent out a place in Albany. There are a bunch of places here big enough for the tournament, and I'm sure I could find one if you'd like. I can also supply the laptop with DCI Reporter if anyone needs it. Can't supply the judge though.

noobslayer
08-03-2006, 03:46 PM
It's all about finding a balance. If it were to move to Albany (which I don't even think Kadi was considering), you may lose members of the Rochester group, as well as (I don't know, is it even that much further for the Virginians?) the NoVa crew.

legacyplayer0
08-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I for one, really hope that this tournament happens on schedule, and would love for it to be in Rochester.

Di
08-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Alright so like, we need up-to-date information on this. Kadilak start fuckin posting stuff so we know what to do. Same goes for anyone else with relevant input.

Also, if this happens to go down in Rochester, I will be in need of a ride. And if nobody has a ride to offer me, then I might drive myself and will have a little space in the car, but I warn everyone I am a terrible driver and there's a good chance you will be killed.

Kadishack
08-03-2006, 03:51 PM
i am working on a place right in Baldwinsville. They are finalizing the transaction. So we should be good to go.

The entry fee will be increased to $25 as the cost of the space has increased greatly. But this also means more prizes so that extra $5 will be well worth it. I will post the new site info as soon as it is finalized.

Thanks Everybody!!!

TeenieBopper
08-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Guys, seriously, it's in everyone's best interest to just postpone the tourney. If you try to wing it somewhere else on two days notuce, the turn out is going to be horrendous.

Just postpone it for a few weeks and either A) Altered will get it's shit together, or B) you'll find someplace else to hold it, and it will give everyone time to figure out logistics.

Michael Keller
08-03-2006, 03:56 PM
i am working on a place right in Baldwinsville. They are finalizing the transaction. So we should be good to go.

The entry fee will be increased to $25 as the cost of the space has increased greatly. But this also means more prizes so that extra $5 will be well worth it. I will post the new site info as soon as it is finalized.

Thanks Everybody!!!

All right...so...is it...a go?

EDIT: Also, I feel this tournament should be held on Saturday. It doesn't really make a difference if the location is like 3 miles farther than from where Altered is now. Once Kadilak posts the directions it will be as if none of this ever happened (hopefully).

Di
08-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Guys, seriously, it's in everyone's best interest to just postpone the tourney. If you try to wing it somewhere else on two days notuce, the turn out is going to be horrendous.

Is it in the best interest to postpone this tourny for those living outside New York state who had to clear their schedules to make this? Postponing just fucks everyone outside the area schedules up.

Besides, if this tournament does in fact carry on Saturday, I doubt the turnout would be much different, considering the site would be what, 10 minutes away from altered?

We'll still need a computer with DCI Reporter, however. Anyone got one?

Shriekmaw
08-03-2006, 04:20 PM

Just postpone it for a few weeks and either A) Altered will get it's shit together, or B) you'll find someplace else to hold it, and it will give everyone time to figure out logistics.

I have to agree with Mike.

I believe Postponing the event would be the best interest of everyone.

This will let people know where and when, then preparations can be made.

If this event will go on this weekend, I will be there.

Jander78
08-03-2006, 04:29 PM
I have to agree with Mike.

I believe Postponing the event would be the best interest of everyone.

This will let people know where and when, then preparations can be made.

If this event will go on this weekend, I will be there.
I disagree. Most have already planned this weekend around attending a MTG event in Syracuse. This includes scheduling time off of work, family, travel plans, lodging, etc. Rescheduling will have to occur way in the future as it would have to re-require these arrangements to happen. As long as it's only 15 mins from the original location, I don't see how this venue move is a big deal as long as it is well communicated and everyone is aware of the change.

Make sure that you post a flyer at How You Play the Game (if permitting) redirecting any folks who may not follow this site daily.

I will definately be there. Still with a TV. And still ready to watch Anwar smash peter_rotten.

Whit3 Ghost
08-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Is it in the best interest to postpone this tourny for those living outside New York state who had to clear their schedules to make this? Postponing just fucks everyone outside the area schedules up.

Besides, if this tournament does in fact carry on Saturday, I doubt the turnout would be much different, considering the site would be what, 10 minutes away from altered?

We'll still need a computer with DCI Reporter, however. Anyone got one?
I agree with Di, a ton of people have gotten off from work for this and the location is very close.

Nightmare
08-03-2006, 04:43 PM
NEWS UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Kadilak, he has booked a hotel space for this at the RED MILL INN in Baldwinsville, NY. This tournament IS STILL ON FOR SATURDAY, with the location being changed. Matt said he'd update soon with details on directions, etc. and this means the VA crew will still be able to crash at his place. WE ARE A GO FOR THIS WEEKEND. More info to follow.

Way to go, Legacy community, for keeping this great event on.

Michael Keller
08-03-2006, 04:46 PM
NEWS UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Kaddilak, he has booked a hotel space for this at the RED MILL INN in Baldwinsville, NY. This tournament IS STILL ON FOR SATURDAY, with the location being changed. Matt said he'd update soon with details on directions, etc. and this means the VA crew will still be able to crash at his place. WE ARE A GO FOR THIS WEEKEND. More info to follow.

Way to go, Legacy community, for keeping this great even on.

Signed...sealed...and delivered.

Whit3 Ghost
08-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Awesome

Kadishack
08-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Here is the site where you can find directions:

http://www.theredmillinn.com/pages/map.asp

The place is called The Red Mill Inn.

Thanks Everyone!!!! Hope to see ya Saturday!!!

Di
08-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Also if anyone posted this on other boards, please edit those threads with the information and new directions.

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Ok so let me get this straight.. Red Mill Inn at what time??? Is it still 10 A.M. doors open and tourny begins at 11..???

Kadishack
08-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Ok so let me get this straight.. Red Mill Inn at what time??? Is it still 10 A.M. doors open and tourny begins at 11..???

Correct. Also, the entry fee was moved up to $25 because the space is more expensive.

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Is there a generous amount of space for all of us?? Or are we going to be in a giant room with like people coming to eat or chill?

Jander78
08-03-2006, 05:10 PM
The first post has been updated to include the new location, fee, etc. Good job Kadi on pulling this back together on extremely short notice!

noobslayer
08-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Should we do name tags? (Only half serious)

quicksilver
08-03-2006, 05:17 PM

We already have name tags. If you could read the thread in the secret adepts forums you would know that the adepts and mods get name tags.

Nightmare
08-03-2006, 05:19 PM
If only I had remembered to print them...

Kadishack
08-03-2006, 05:22 PM
One rule this place has is that you CAN NOT bring in FOOD into the Banquet Hall. They don't want a mess.. I know it is lame but we have to abide by the rules.

AnwarA101
08-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Make sure post this change on other websites!!! Just in case people are checking them to see if they are coming.

What about SF2? Is that a go? PR are you still coming? Because I want to make you weep like a little girl!!!

Bryant Cook
08-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Can I be Zilla?

Kadishack
08-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Make sure post this change on other websites!!! Just in case people are checking them to see if they are coming.

What about SF2? Is that a go? PR are you still coming? Because I want to make you weep like a little girl!!!

I already changed it on the other sites. They are allowing us to play video games and such. Some one needs to bring SF2 and the system though!!!!

noobslayer
08-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Mine will say "Chuck Norris, creator of Thunderbluff."

Jander78
08-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Mine will say "Chuck Norris, creator of Thunderbluff."
I hope you get beat up. 2 of the lamest jokes I can think of.

Nightmare
08-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Make nametags if you want, but the REAL ones are the ones I make. Suckas.

Watcher487
08-03-2006, 05:44 PM
I already changed it on the other sites. They are allowing us to play video games and such. Some one needs to bring SF2 and the system though!!!!
Done.

EDIT:

And I'm bringing my copy of NBA JAM.

Vacon
08-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Fulton FTL :(
You couldn't have been like "NEW LOCATION AT NEAR VACON"S HOUSE!"?
Have Fun everyone.

Jander78
08-03-2006, 05:49 PM
umm....Fulton's not that far man. Jessh......get a ride or something.

Kadishack
08-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Eli will have his dealer booth setup if you need cards!!!

What would everyone want this event to be, sanctioned or unsanctioned??

It may be tough to get a comp with dci reporter on it. I want to hear what you guys think.
Thanks

noobslayer
08-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Yea, considering we won't likely have another HUGE legacy event close by for some time, you might as well grow a pair and show the hell up.

rsaunder
08-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks Kadishack, I'm really glad this ended up working out. The last one was a ball, and I expect the same from this one...or else...:mad:

Mad Zur
08-03-2006, 06:02 PM
I already changed it on the other sites. They are allowing us to play video games and such. Some one needs to bring SF2 and the system though!!!!Done. Make sure the version is to PR's liking. Remember:
-No Cammy or Dee Jay bull
-SNES controller mandatory
-He has to be able to kick ass with Balrog

Any other requirements I'm forgetting?

Michael Keller
08-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Make sure the version is to PR's liking. Remember:
-No Cammy or Dee Jay bull
-SNES controller mandatory
-He has to be able to kick ass with Balrog

Any other requirements I'm forgetting?

Yeah...that I'll smash all your faces at SFII like it's a career with benefits.

Watcher487
08-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Hey all PR gets is the Origonal SF2 and that's it.

8 dorks, no turbo and one hell of a messed up Boss system.

URABAHN
08-03-2006, 06:50 PM
So I was all ready to go, then it got cancelled, and I was all ready not to go. I've already made new plans and won't be attending. That sucks.

Obfuscate Freely
08-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I'll bring a Genesis, along with both SFII Championship Edition (with bosses but without Cammy and DeeJay bull) and SFII The New Challengers (with Cammy and DeeJay bull). Both have Turbo settings, and are better than the original SNES version.

I remember that last time PR, like myself, changed the button mapping on the SNES controllers so that the fierce/roundhouse and jab/short commands were set to the face buttons, relegating the medium/forward commands to the shoulder buttons. Now, the 6-button Genesis pads simply have 6 face buttons, which means he should feel right at home with them. They also more closely mimic the layout of the arcade machines than do the SNES controllers.

BTW, can we set up multiple televisions? I say that anyone who wants to play Smash Bros. or any other shitty game should bring their own set, because we didn't get to play nearly enough SFII last time.

overlord95
08-03-2006, 07:02 PM
So I was all ready to go, then it got cancelled, and I was all ready not to go. I've already made new plans and won't be attending. That sucks.
Ditto

legacyplayer0
08-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Eli will have his dealer booth setup if you need cards!!!

It may be tough to get a comp with dci reporter on it. I want to hear what you guys think.
Thanks

Eli better stock sleeves too.

Vacon
08-03-2006, 08:46 PM
umm....Fulton's not that far man. Jessh......get a ride or something.

I live just North of Albany, even a tiny bit farther than Syracuse may as well be another 100 miles. I wasn't going anyways, my point was why not... Glens Falls? I already know that answer except I can always dream...

Peter_Rotten
08-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey all PR gets is the Origonal SF2 and that's it.

8 dorks, no turbo and one hell of a messed up Boss system.
Meh. Turbo with bosses = the best. The 8 dork version has some serious flaws. Like Blanka loses 1/2 half if you punch him out of his ball attack.

Brushwagg
08-03-2006, 10:09 PM
One question, I looked on the map thingy but it really didn't tell me what I wanted to know. How far is this away from Tri-County??

Totally awesome that we have a spot for this, I was very bummed that it looked like it was going to be canceled, I hope we still have a good turn out.

herbig
08-03-2006, 10:22 PM

Thanks
I would prefer sanctioned if you can do it. I could bring a laptop, I'll look into getting reporter.

Jesus
08-03-2006, 10:28 PM
I have access to the reporter and a laptop who's giving head?

Kadishack
08-03-2006, 10:28 PM
One question, I looked on the map thingy but it really didn't tell me what I wanted to know. How far is this away from Tri-County??

Totally awesome that we have a spot for this, I was very bummed that it looked like it was going to be canceled, I hope we still have a good turn out.

It is about a mile from Tri County Mall. Not too far at all.

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-03-2006, 10:42 PM
This tournament is going to be sweet..... Good job Kadilak on pulling everything together when it seemed like all hope was lost...

Bryant Cook
08-03-2006, 10:57 PM
I have access to the reporter and a laptop who's giving head?
Can anyone bring Landis? Just gotta make sure to watch your shit. It'll be gone faster than you can say Roland Chang.

Whit3 Ghost
08-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Kadi, you still bringing the Gamecube?

noobslayer
08-03-2006, 11:37 PM
So who want's their ass handed to them in SSBM by Diablos?

scrumdogg
08-03-2006, 11:59 PM
I would prefer sanctioned if you can do it. I could bring a laptop, I'll look into getting reporter.

If you have the laptop, Rich (onlyone) should be able to get latest DCIR downloaded as he is now a TO. See if you guys can coordinate that, hopefully.

@Vacon: STFU and go back to MishMash. Either you suck it up & get a ride (and despite a bunch of different Albany groups going, none want you, get a fucking clue...) or organize a major event in the Albany area but quit yer whining & sniveling.

Kadishack
08-04-2006, 01:05 AM
I got a dwnload from Rich earliier today so I should be set.

Whit3 Ghost
08-04-2006, 10:57 AM
So who want's their ass handed to them in SSBM by Diablos?
I don't care as long as I wipe the floor with Calosso.
T is for Tool is also pretty damn good.

quicksilver
08-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Can we try not to insult anyone or any stores here. Things did not work out perfect but that doesn't mean we have to go around being rude to people.

on1y0ne
08-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Can we try not to insult anyone or any stores here. Things did not work out perfect but that doesn't mean we have to go around being rude to people.

QFT

They didn't close the gaming area on purpose, and the landlord should have had the building up to code before Altered moved in, so they are partly responsible, as well.

The most important thing is that Kadilak's Tournament will be going off, and their may soon be a new place to play.

I wish I wasn't going out of town in a couple of hours for a wedding, or else I would be there, but I did e-mail both the latest version of Reporter and Altered's Local Player Database to Kadilak, so as long as someone opens the attachment on whatever computer they will be using to run the event, then things should be fine.

Also, If the file for the tournament is emailed to me, then I can get it sanctioned. All is good, and I applaud Matt for taking into consideration the fact that so many people took the time off to attend, and didn't cancel or postpone the event. Great job!

Mulletus
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
So is it going to be sanctioned? Will any extra time be allowed to get food, since we can't eat in the play area? Maybe a lunch break where after the last match of a round finishes, the pairings can be held for a half hour or something?

troopatroop
08-04-2006, 01:22 PM

Same. Sucks.

quicksilver
08-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Is there gona be a certified judge there? Like a level 1 or level 2.

Kadishack
08-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Is there gona be a certified judge there? Like a level 1 or level 2.

Yes, a level 1 Judge.

scrumdogg
08-04-2006, 02:45 PM
And Eli is a good Level one judge....so show up (even if some of us can't...dammit...). Has anyone contacted AS about them re-directing players to the event? They should do this since it in no way conflicts with their events for the day......

Kadishack
08-04-2006, 02:47 PM
And Eli is a good Level one judge....so show up (even if some of us can't...dammit...). Has anyone contacted AS about them re-directing players to the event? They should do this since it in no way conflicts with their events for the day......

I just came back from there actually. I gave them some directions to hand out to people who stopped in looking for the tourney.

quicksilver
08-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Hmm, despite about a week of planning out rides, Anwar decided not to pick me up for some unknown reason. I guess I will not be attending this. :(

edit: Anwar did show up three hours after i was expecting him. Apparently very rough traffic around the D.C beltway.

herbig
08-04-2006, 05:05 PM
If anyone would like to play in this but doesn't have a deck, I have monored goblins and rifter extra that they could borrow. PM me if you are interested.

Braves54321
08-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Someone needs to bring a meltdown for me to borrow.
The only decks mine loses to are ravager and stax, and I only have 3 meltdowns.....so someone please bring one for me.

Michael Keller
08-04-2006, 05:58 PM
The only decks mine loses to are ravager and stax...

Haha...we'll soon see about that...

Vacon
08-04-2006, 07:57 PM
@Vacon: STFU and go back to MishMash. Either you suck it up & get a ride (and despite a bunch of different Albany groups going, none want you, get a fucking clue...) or organize a major event in the Albany area but quit yer whining & sniveling.

I had a ride with the black mini-van of death Mr. Masturbachusettes. Please don't flame me at random?

Yeah so have fun everyone. Go Albany players! Maybe I'll be able to make it to the next cool event.

Michael Keller
08-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Go Albany players!

Albany won't make it alive out after the second round.

Shriekmaw
08-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Someone needs to bring a meltdown for me to borrow.
The only decks mine loses to are ravager and stax, and I only have 3 meltdowns.....so someone please bring one for me.

Let me guess what your playing.

hmmm.... Gro with a red splash for sb Meltdown to beat your two worst matchups in affinity and stax.

I would probably allocate board space for decks that you would actually see instead sideboarding 4 meltdowns for like 2 or 3 players in the tournament.

Thats pretty funny.

hahahahahahaha

scrumdogg
08-04-2006, 10:24 PM
I had a ride with the black mini-van of death Mr. Masturbachusettes. Please don't flame me at random?

Yeah so have fun everyone. Go Albany players! Maybe I'll be able to make it to the next cool event.

I flame you very specifically, as you are a fucktard. Who let you out of Mish-Mash again? If you had a ride, why aren't you either A) going or B) shutting up? So your contention is that you will be attending IamFishman's Legacy Open on Sept 3rd? Good, 6 or 7 people could use a bye. I hope this event is spectularly successful for Kadilak, who is awesome & did a great job audibling at the last minute. Also, people should check out the Sept. 3rd option as well, which looks to be amazing, as it would be run by the guy who does the Vintage Waterbury tournaments.

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Time for bed... see you all tommorow!!!!!! Zach Fine will not be attending unfortunately.. but he will still win the duals!!!

Nightmare
08-05-2006, 12:46 AM
Drinking is going to occur afterwards again, for those 21 or older. Details will be discussed (and worked out) before the tournament ends tomorrow. Good luck everyone!!

Michael Keller
08-05-2006, 03:31 AM
Whatchyah gonna do, Legacy players...when Hollywood MK and the power of Team Headstone...DESTROYS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/richmond49er/HulkHogan.gif

NoGameShow
08-05-2006, 03:47 AM
Four people from the top of the state will be there but we have a favor to ask of any sourcers that may attend and that is we need 4 nimble mongoose so one of us can play his deck we will pay cash for them if you see a guy in an Ozzfest 2006 shist he will pay you for them if you can produce them thanks in advance good luck to all

Mulletus
08-05-2006, 04:29 AM
I got out of work at 11pm and it's 1/4 after 4 am before the tourney @ 10... and I just pucked. It's been years since i pucked with no good reason.... I am deffinately winning this! With all this stomach space i can start my second 12pack. bad thing is I'm kinda shakey on the directions. Good thing doug is riding shotgun. I really need to find my flask. Yeah i need my flask, pillow, and a cooler.... no a blanket. Yeah you toons are as good as dipped! I pooped my pants

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-05-2006, 07:46 AM
I pooped my pants

ROFL. My money is on Mulletus to win the whole thing!!!

Bryant Cook
08-05-2006, 08:45 AM
The Herbig Project will be unleashed in 2:15 minutes. Scared yet?

Nightmare
08-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Good thing doug is riding shotgun.Tell him to bring my battleaxe!

herbig
08-05-2006, 09:08 AM
I poured a bowl of cereal, to start my day off right and you know what, no fucking milk left. Its a sign. Good luck everyone!

Bane of the Living
08-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Drinking is going to occur afterwards again, for those 21 or older. Details will be discussed (and worked out) before the tournament ends tomorrow. Good luck everyone!!

Why after?

Michael Keller
08-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Back to the old drawing board...

Getsickanddie
08-05-2006, 07:45 PM
For those interested, when I left near the end of round 6.....
Ewokslayer is in with Solidarity
Jander78 is in with Stax
Dampening Engine is in with Mono Blue Fish/Blue Skies
Mulletus is in with RGSA.
Some Dude that always wins door prizes is in with Gro I believe.

There were still a lot of spots up in the air. The metagame was very heavy with solidarity, gro, and survival varients.

The location was great, although the wedding that as going on made it kinda strange....

Zilla
08-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Jander78 is in with Stax

He told me last night he was going to be playing artifact aggro, so I think it's something closer to 5/3 than Stax. Just clarifying.

Brushwagg
08-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Well it's about damn time some Syracuse players defended our home turf, because I couldn't.

I have to give some Props.

To IBA for Altering my Helldozers. They rock thanks man.
To Kadi for getting this thing put back on. Nice Job!!!
To the Red Mill Inn, nicest place ever!1!111!! for holding a tourney.
To Kadi's Mom for baking some damn good cookies!

overlord95
08-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Well it's about damn time some Syracuse players defended our home turf, because I couldn't.

I have to give some Props.

To IBA for Altering my Helldozers. They rock thanks man.
To Kadi for getting this thing put back on. Nice Job!!!
To the Red Mill Inn, nicest place ever!1!111!! for holding a tourney.
To Kadi's Mom for baking some damn good cookies!
Thats cool and everything but uhh... who won?

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-05-2006, 11:23 PM
This was the top 8 in no particular order

Mike Herbig w/ Solidarity
Doug (DampingEngine) w/ Mono Blue Fish
Jessie Hatfield w/ Threshold
Me w/ Solidarity
Ewokslayer w/ Solidarity
Mulletus w/ RGSA
Jander w/ 5/3
Some dude with threshold

Herbig and Damping Engine ended up splitting 1st and 2nd, Herbig selecting the Tundras because he won seas at the last tournament... lol. Perhaps I will put up a tournament report later...

legacyplayer0
08-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Scrubbing out makes me want to light babies on fire, but a fun time was had anyway. Hopefully there won't be a very long delay between now and the next dual land draft.

Lego
08-05-2006, 11:58 PM
I came close to Top 8 contention with Truffle Shuffle, basically close enough that tie breakers could have gotten me in, except for an unfortunate last round. My biggest problem was going to time, in that every single match went to time. This cost me two matches, both of which turned from wins to draws, Landstill and Affinity.

I'm probably going to catch some flack for being a rules lawyer to TheNick in the last round, but he really was playing a lot slower than he had to be, and had he not been slowplaying all round (and had I not made a crucial play error) I would have won, and sadly finished 9th or 10th on tiebreakers. As is I think I finished around 18th. Mad props to the judge (I don't remember his name) and to Kaddi for putting up with me that last round when I kept calling them to watch Nick for slow play. I know a couple of people, myself included, got pretty emotional about it, so I just want to say right now that I don't want this to become a flame war or anything. I apologized to Nick afterwards for getting heated during the round; I should have handled it without getting emotional.

Props:
IBA for who he is and what he does.
Herbig for inspiring me when inspiration seemed nonexistant.
bigbear102 for being a generally all around good guy.
Kadi for putting this great tournament on, and for being such a genuinely awesome guy.
The judge for doing his best and working through a tough situation.

Slops:
David Gearhart. He knows why, and this slops list must remain otherwise empty to emphasize the single entry.

Mulletus
08-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Well lets see here.... I rolled out of bed around 10:30. Still wicked drunk, I kept it in between the lines to get to B'ville by 11ish. I got regged and once again start sobering up and finding myself around magic players....

Round 1 win
White based Stax by ?
Game 1: Chalice stops me dead, followed by a well timed Geddon.
Games 2&3: I get wish targets and dudes to attack with, oh and I had Survival both games.

Round 2 win
Deadguy by the other Eli Kassis
Game 1&2: he had to read what survival did... this match went fast. At one point he vindicated a 3 counter vial, then the next turn said, " I think I should have chosen the Survival"

Round 3 draw
Angel Stompy 3c by Legacyplayer0
Game 1: He gets 3 duress, it hits Anarchy all 3 times.
Game 2: Meltdown saves the day and I overrun him
Game 3: This goes back and forth, but he pretty much has me beat. I satabalize at 1 life with a spore frog lock. Then time gets called in the round.

Round 4 win
Grow by Alix Hatfield
Game 1: I get a turn 1 vial, he kinda got mana screwed.
Game 2: I mulled to - chalive vial survival 3 land... top card ended up being squee. For some strange reason I won

Round 5 win
Deadguy by ?
Game 1: i realize what he's playing and tell him how I made top 8, he's like "you're 4-0-1 though right?" I was like " yeah but I crush your deck" He proceeded to smash me down to single digit life, the I took control and killed him in like 2 turns, with no land and 2 vials.
Game 2: I keep a bad hand, but he makes me discard it all anyway.
Game 3: I had answered to all his threats, I even drew survival the turn after he duressed one from me.

Round 6 ID

Top 8
Round 8 Loss
Solidarity by Herbig
Game 1: he gets tripple high tide and goes off in responce to my turn 4 tsunami
Game 2: He gets 3 force and 3 remands. So my 1st 6 spells get countered.... :(

Record 4-1-2

Michael Keller
08-06-2006, 03:31 AM
Congratulations to everyone who made Top 8 - you all deserved it.

Jesus
08-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Whatchyah gonna do, Legacy players...when Hollywood MK and the power of Team Headstone...DESTROYS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/richmond49er/HulkHogan.gif
RIP HOLLYWOOD

Whit3 Ghost
08-06-2006, 11:33 AM
ugh, 1-4 drop with UGR Gro

Round 1- Deadguy Deed.dec
Game 1
I overextend into Deed and Exalted ruins my day.

Game 2
After 5-7 ld spells, I throw in the towel with another resolved Angel.

Round 2 Wastedlife with UGRB Gro
Game 1
I ride a 'Goose FTW

Game 2
I come back from double Goose on turn 2 but I lose to Bob's card advantage.

Game 3
Trips Goose win me the damn game

Round 3- Getsickanddie with RG GARV.Dec
Game 1- I keep his dudes off the table while Werebear beats for a lot.
Game 2- I don't counter a Boa, which ends up killing me
Game 3- I have a Goose Bear Dragon FTK on the board and a FOW in hand(I can hardcast the damn thing), but I don't have threshold. I draw 2 striaght lands when I needed cantrips and he Berserks into FOW, then Price of Progress.

Round 4- Jack Elgin with Truffle Shuffle
I get rolled both games

Round 5 Some guy- RB.dec
I roll him game 1, then he sees Dystopia both games, I can't find FOW, or Naturalize or a Dragon, so I can't do anything as he drops Double hyppie again, in both games. This is after he took 10 minutes to sideboard and shuffle.

I just wanted to do Props and Slops
//Props
-Chris(rsaunder) for placing 14th with deadguy and a being topdecked survival away from Top 8
-Di for being awesome as always, and playing my favorite deck evAr.
- IBA for the Gigapede
-Chris again, for Altering my Rituals
-Chris' family, for the food, and the ride
-Chris again for letting me borrow pretty much the entire deck
-The dollar bin, for giving me a Sea Drake, and a bunch of stuff that I can finish Burn with
-Team Lvl 4 Wizards(team glens falls) for being awesome company and the secret solidarity tech which was a topdecked High Tide away from ruining Herbig's shit when he was playing against our 62 card Landstill
-Team Albany for playing burning tog and doing damn well with it
(I apologize to Norm for being an ass, I felt like shit after I had to play Jack)
-Calosso, for being only slightly less of an asshole than the random people who were playing SSB.
- Kadi, for being awesome and a half, and congradulating me on beating Bryant.
- Everyone, who I hadn't met before for being awesome as hell(Jander, Scott, Rotten, Fakespam, ect)
- Everyone else for also being awesome as hell
- Chris, one last time for smashing face in SSB
- The Top 8, for having some damn good decks

Slops
-The people who played SSB and were assholes. OMG I HAVE MLG LEVELS!!1!!11!!!!!! OMG I PLAY T3H BETTERZ THAN YOUZZ YOU R TEH NOBZOR OMG
- Me, for not bringing an n64 so I could smash face in the origional and shut everybody the fuck up.
- Kirby, for being Nerfed in Melee
- UGR Gro, for crapping out on me
- Me for not owning Pithing Needles
- Deed. For ruining my day
- Me, for forgetting the rest of my slops

PS, How did the Rotten V. Anwar thing go? I'm hella curious.

My Name Is Scott
08-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Props to Hooters girls, Jander, and apple pie. Happy birthday Wastedlife.

Also, Props to myself.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5834/jackalakzl5.jpg

Slops to Jack Elgin.

EDIT: Props to Kadilak for harboring the VA crew.

bigbear102
08-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Ok, so now that this thing is over, and I officially scrubbed out, congrats to everybody who T 8'ed.

Props:
Kaddi for keeping this thing on
Eli for judging and getting my friend forces for cheap so I get mine back
Everybody who lent me cards ( Jim, LegoArmyMan, and Herbig)
LegoArmyMan for being a cool guy, even though he ass-raped me round 1
ME FOR 2-0ing SOLIDARITY WITH RABID WOMBAT!!!

Slops:
Me for playing the dumbest deck I could
Herbig for winning all these tourneys and not giving me back my Cunning Wishes/ giving me a cut for using them
Me for not having 1 island and cunning wish main
Me for keeping the cards that LegoArmyMan lent me, I'll PM ya

CavernNinja
08-06-2006, 02:14 PM
So how many people showed up?

Getsickanddie
08-06-2006, 02:20 PM

Kadishack
08-06-2006, 02:27 PM
We had a great turnout even with the location change. We had 57 players for this event and these are the decks that were played:

8 Gro Decks
- 3 UGw
- 1 UGb
- 1 UGr
- 2 UGbr
- 1 UGbw
7 Solidarity
6 Goblins
- 3 White Splash
- 2 Green Splash
- 1 Mono Red
3 Train Wreck
3 Burning Tog
3 Survival Variants
- 1 RG Survival Advantage
- 1 RGb
- 1 Crappy Survival Jank
3 Deadguy Ale
2 Truffle Shuffle
2 Angel Stompy
- 1 3 color
- 1 Mono White
2 5c Eternal Garden
2 Angel Stax
2 Hollywood Sligh
1 5/3
1 Belcher
1 R/B Aggro
1 Dirt
1 Iggy Pop
1 Garv.dec
1 Landstill(UW)
1 Affinity
1 Rifter
1 Zilla Stompy
1 Blue Skies( Faerie Stompy)
1 9 Land Stompy
1 Dragon Force
1 Rabid Wombat

noobslayer
08-06-2006, 02:32 PM
1 Zilla Stompy

That will never happen again.

Kadishack
08-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Here are the t8 decklists in order of picks:

1st Place/2nd Place Split
Doug McKay(DampingEngine) Blue Skies
Pick: 4 Underground Sea 4 Plateau

4 Flying Men
4 Cloud of Faeries
4 Sea Sprite
4 Serendib Efreet
4 Sea Drake
2 Mask of Memory
3 Umezawa's Jitte
2 Sword of Fire and Ice
4 Aether Vial
4 Force of Will
4 Standstill
3 Wasteland
4 Mishra's Factory
14 Island
SB:
2 Pithing Needle
4 Old Man of the Sea
3 Counterspell
3 Disrupt
3 Winter Orb

1st Place/2nd Place Split
Mike Herbig(Herbig) Solidarity
Pick: 4 Volcanic Island 4 Scrubland

4 Reset
4 High tide
4 Force of Will
4 Brainstorm
4 Impulse
4 Remand
3 Turnabout
3 Cunning Wish
2 Flash of Insight
2 Brain Freeze
4 Meditate
4 Opt
3 Polluted Delta
3 Flooded Strand
12 Island
SB:
1 Stroke of Genius
1 Turnabout
1 Chain of Vapor
1 Echoing Truth
4 Hydroblast
1 Brain Freeze
4 Disrupt
2 Twincast

3rd Place
Rick Argiro(Jander78) 5/3
Pick: 4 Tropical Island

4 Juggernaut
4 Synod Centurion
3 Su-Chi
2 Masticore
2 Myr Enforcer
3 Phyrexian Warbeast
4 Chalice of the Void
3 Trinisphere
3 Crucible of Worlds
4 Tangle Wire
3 Sword of Fire and Ice
4 Mox Diamond
4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Traitors
4 Mishra's Factory
4 Wasteland
3 Crystal Vein
2 Blinkmoth Nexus
SB:
3 Caltrops
3 Tormod's Crypt
2 Duplicant
1 Triskelion
3 Pithing Needle
3 Smokestack

4th Place
Jon Dufore (unregged) UGw Gro
Pick: 4 Tundra

3 Nimble Mongoose
4 Werebear
4 Meddling Mage
2 Mystic Enforcer
4 Swords to Plowshares
3 Mental Note
3 Serum Visions
1 Sleight of Hand
4 Brainstorm
3 Daze
2 Predict
2 Counterspell
1 Disrupting Shoal
4 Force of Will
3 Pithing Needle
1 Island
4 Windswept Heath
4 Flooded Strand
4 Tropical Island
4 Tundra
SB:
3 Orim's Chant
2 Ray of Revelation
1 Pithing Needle
3 Armageddon
3 Blue Elemental Blast
3 Tormod's Crypt

5th Place
Brian Diefendorf(Ewokslayer) Solidarity
Pick: 4 Taiga

4 Reset
4 High tide
4 Force of Will
4 Brainstorm
4 Impulse
4 Remand
3 Turnabout
3 Cunning Wish
2 Flash of Insight
2 Brain Freeze
3 Meditate
2 Opt
2 Peek
1 Twincast
3 Polluted Delta
3 Flooded Strand
12 Island
SB:
1 Stroke of Genius
1 Turnabout
1 Chain of Vapor
1 Echoing Truth
4 Hydroblast
2 Brain Freeze
3 Twincast
1 Rebuild
1 Meditate

6th Place
Greg Dziduch(Nantuko Shady) Solidarity
Pick: 4 Badlands

4 Reset
4 High tide
4 Force of Will
4 Brainstorm
4 Impulse
4 Remand
3 Turnabout
3 Cunning Wish
2 Flash of Insight
2 Brain Freeze
4 Meditate
2 Opt
2 Peek
3 Polluted Delta
3 Flooded Strand
12 Island
SB:
1 Stroke of Genius
1 Turnabout
1 Echoing Truth
4 Blue Elemental Blast
2 Brain Freeze
4 Disrupt
2 Twincast

7th Place
Jesse Hatfield(MadZur) UGw Gro
Pick: 4 Savannah

4 Nimble Mongoose
4 Werebear
2 Mystic Enforcer
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Serum Visions
4 Brainstorm
4 Portent
3 Daze
4 Predict
3 Counterspell
4 Force of Will
3 Pithing Needle
3 Island
1 Forest
3 Windswept Heath
3 Flooded Strand
3 Tropical Island
4 Tundra
SB:
3 Naturalize
1 Mystic Enforcer
3 Nantuko Monastery
2 Armageddon
3 Blue Elemental Blast
3 Stifle

8th Place
John LaCasse(Mulletus) RG Survival

4 Survival of the Fittest
4 Burning Wish
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Flametongue Kavu
4 Eternal Witness
3 Aether Vial
3 Wall of Blossoms
3 Ravanous Baloth
2 Llanowar Elves
1 Squee, Goblin Nabob
1 Deranged hermit
1 Genesis
1 Troll Ascetic
1 Goblin Sharpshooter
1 Anger
1 Yavimaya Elder
1 Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
1 Indrik Stomphowler
4 Taiga
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Windswept Heath
1 Mountain
9 Forest
SB:
1 Viridian Zealot
1 Loaming Shaman
1 Tinstreet Hooligan
1 Land Grant
1 Spore Frog
1 Tsunami
1 Meltdown
1 Pyroclasm
1 Fireball
1 Anarchy
1 Reverene Silence
4 Chalice of the Void

Shriekmaw
08-06-2006, 03:23 PM
\ I apologized to Nick afterwards for getting heated during the round; I should have handled it without getting emotional.

I would like to start this post by saying that I do have fun sometimes on these threads by making remarks toward people or decks that I don't mean.

This is not the way I am in person. I have a very high respect for the game and the players that play the game.

That being said, I believe the way Lego_Army_Man handled this last match was disrespectful to say the least. I've been playing this game a long time and I'm very clear on the rules of the game. This situation should of never came up if he made some better plays and not throwing away game 2.

I do have a problem with people making posts that are inaccurate. Lego_Army_Man never apologized to me after the match or the tournament.

Overall, I had a good time at Kaddy's tournament and even though I didn't do that well with Affinity this time around, I do believe its still a very good deck to play in the current Legacy Metagame.

Kadishack
08-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Here are the decklists from 9th-16th:

9th Place
Dave Price(Quicksilver) RGb Survival

4 Survival of the Fittest
4 Burning Wish
4 Duress
3 Cabal Therapy
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Flametongue Kavu
4 Eternal Witness
2 Ravanous Baloth
2 Llanowar Elves
2 Fyndhorn Elves
1 Squee, Goblin Nabob
1 Genesis
1 Anger
1 Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
1 Indrik Stomphowler
1 Tinstreet Hooligan
4 Taiga
4 Bayou
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Bloodstained Mire
1 Mountain
6 Forest
SB:
1 Chainer's Edict
4 Engineered Plague
1 Anarchy
1 Hull Breach
1 Pyroclasm
1 Regrowth
1 Tsunami
3 Mesmaric Fiend
1 Loaming Shaman
1 Cabal Therapy

10th Place
Matt Pietarian(Petter Rotten) Burning Tog!!!!

4 Force Of Will
4 Counterspell
1 Circular Logic
4 Fire/Ice
3 Diabolic Edict
4 Brainstorm
2 Fact or Fiction
4 Psychatog
2 Fire Imp
2 Flametongue Kavu
4 Nightscape Familiar
3 Burning Wish
4 Polluted Delta
2 Flooded Strand
4 Underground Sea
4 Volcanic Island
2 Swamp
2 Badlands
5 Island
SB:
4 Engineered Plague
4 Duress
1 Haunting Echoes
1 Pyroclasm
1 Deep Analysis
1 Massacre
1 Perish
1 Chainer's Edict
1 Meltdown

11th Place
Steve Normandin(Braves54321) Burning Tog!!!!

4 Force Of Will
4 Counterspell
1 Circular Logic
4 Fire/Ice
3 Diabolic Edict
4 Brainstorm
4 Accumulated Knowledge
2 Fact or Fiction
2 Intuition
3 Psychatog
3 Flametongue Kavu
4 Nightscape Familiar
3 Burning Wish
4 Polluted Delta
2 Flooded Strand
4 Underground Sea
4 Volcanic Island
2 Swamp
1 Badlands
6 Island
SB:
4 Engineered Plague
4 Chalice of the Void
1 Haunting Echoes
1 Pyroclasm
1 Deep Analysis
1 Massacre
1 Perish
1 Chainer's Edict
1 Meltdown

12th Place
Jim Lampman(Jim) Train Wreck

2 Overgrown Tomb
14 Swamp
4 Bayou
4 Cabal Coffers
2 Bloodstained Mire
1 Polluted Delta
3 Helldozer
3 Chainer's Edict
3 Staff of Domination
4 Duress
4 Hymn to Tourach
3 Decree of Pain
3 Regrowth
2 Crime//Punishment
4 Putrefy
2 Haunting Echoes
3 Mutilate
SB:
4 Wrench Mind
1 Haunting Echoes
2 Gaea's Blessing
3 Infest
3 Engineered Plague
2 Cranial Extraction

13th Place
Adam Barnello(Mr. Nightmare) UGbw Gro

4 Force of Will
4 Brainstorm
4 Serum Visions
4 Swords to Plowshares
2 Portent
2 Predict
3 Daze
2 Counterspell
4 Meddling Mage
4 Werebear
4 Nimble Mongoose
4 Dark Confidant
1 Mystic Enforcer
3 Tundra
3 Tropical Island
3 Underground Sea
4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
1 Island
SB:
2 Pithing Needle
2 Naturalize
2 Worship
2 Tividar's Crusade
2 Blue Elemental Blast
2 Hydroblast
1 Mystic Enforcer
2 Armageddon

14th Place
Chris Saunders(rsaunder) Deadguy Ale

4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Duress
4 Funeral Charm
4 Sinkhole
4 Vindicate
4 Dark Confidant
4 Hypnotic Spector
4 Nantuko Shade
4 Dark Ritual
2 Cursed Scroll
1 Tomb of Uruami
1 Godless Shrine
4 Wasteland
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Scrubland
8 Swamp
SB:
3 Chains of Mephistopheles
3 Perish
4 Engineered Plague
2 Pithing Needle
3 Serenity

15th Place
Anwar Ahmad(AnwarA101) Iggy Pop

4 Lion's Eye Diamond
4 Lotus Petal
4 Dark Ritual
4 Cabal Ritual
4 Brainstorm
4 Mystical Tutor
4 Infernal Tutor
3 Intuition
4 Tendrills of Agony
4 Leyline of the Void
1 Echoing Truth
4 Ill-Gotten Gains
4 Polluted Delta
4 Flooded Strand
2 Underground Sea
4 Island
2 Swamp
SB:
3 Pithing Needle
3 Massacre
2 Echoing Truth
1 Rushing River
4 Xantid Swarm
2 Tropical Island

16th Place
Bryant Cook(Wastedlife) UGrb Gro

4 Volcanic Island
3 Tropical Island
2 Underground Sea
3 Flooded Strand
3 Polluted Delta
2 Island
1 Fledgling Dragon
4 Werebear
4 Nimble Mongoose
3 Dark Confidant
4 Serum Visions
4 Brainstorm
4 Predict
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Magma Jet
2 Ghastly Demise
3 Counterspell
4 Force of Will
3 Daze
SB:
4 Pyroclasm
3 Pithing Needle
2 Withered Wretch
2 Phyrexian Furnace
2 Naturalize
2 Winter Orb

Peter_Rotten
08-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Quick report. I didn't take notes so I don't remember all of the important details.

Round One: 1-1-1 vs Rifter.
A turn two cycler clues me in to a very long a likely impossible to win game one. In retrospect, I could have scooped game one ASAP and try to win out on two and three. I lose the first game to an eventual swarm of soldiers.

Game two, with Humility on the table, I resolve an Engineered Plague naming Soldiers and one naming Dragon. I have a the other two in hand ready to name Angel. He eventually scoops to a massive Haunting Echoes.

Game three, not enough time.

Key to winning vs. Rifter: Lose Game one. Game two, let Humility and Moat resolve. Counter Lightning Rift and any Disenchant effects targeting your E.Plagues. Burning Wish into Haunting Echoes.

Round Two: 2-0 vs Secret Force splashing Blue.
Game one: Burning Wish into Perish. Counter Natural Order.
Game two: Same plan but highlighted by an early Burning Wish into Pyroclasm.

Round Three 0-1-1 vs Truffle Shuffle.
Game One: I realize there is no realistic way for me to win this match but Lego Army Man does not realize that I have a slight chance with the Haunting Echoes plan to remove all of his win conditions. When the time is right, I Echoes away his Gigapedes, Eternal Dragons, and Crappy Cycling Warthog thingy that IBA likes so much. Alas, it is not enough since he still has that Scarab-dredge jerk in his library. Even if I snagged the Scarab, it wouldn't have mattered since he has two big fat recurring win conditions in his hand.

Game Two: Funny play of the day. I side in E Plague and name Insect. Fuck you Gigapede. We both have a good laugh when we realize that Scarab-dredge jerk is an Insect also. Time gets called before I lose this one too.

Key to winning vs. Truffle Shuffle: Scoop it up and get a beverage. You currently have no realistic way to beat his recurring Fatties. Save yourself the agony of playing against another of IBA's boring-as-hell cycling decks.

Round Four 2-0 UGb Gro
Game One: Burning Tog reams white or black Gro. Yes indeed it does.
Game Two: I ignore an early Needle naming Tog while he gets busy stalling on two lands for ever. I beat down with Nightscapes and Counter/Kill anything of relevance. He never gets his fourth land to cast his Krosan Squirrel Beasts.

Round Five 2-0 Wub Angel Stompy
Game One: Phil over-extends into a Burning Wish/Massacre. I topdeck like a pro and Fire Imp a Morphed Angel then Edict away a Pro-Red Douche Bag. Fuck you, Pro-Red, fuck you.
Game Two: This one was much closer. Phil has Mages, Dark Confidants, and Ninja Rats. The two times he hits me with that stupid Ninja Rat, I discard two lands. FU, Ninja-Rat, FU. I counter his Geddon and later when he recasts a game winning MMage, I hard cast Force of Will to seal-the-deal.

Round Six 1-1 he concedes to me. THE MIRROR!
Game One: Alex out-draws me while I flounder on two lands for way too long.
Game Two: I win a few key counter wars, draw better than Alex, and then cast a pretty effective Echoes.
Game Three: Alex concedes to me when we hear that 4-2 will not be making top 8 and if I win I'll have a chance of Top 8ing.

Props:
- Scrumdogg for loaning me Fire Imps and Haunting Echoes!
- Me, Norm, Alex, for playing BURNING TOG! ROAR!
- Kaddy for combining Magic the Gathering and a Wedding Reception.
- Me for going to a Magic the Gathering tournament instead of staying home and celebrating my wedding anniversary. SAVAGE TECH.

Slops:
- IBA for throwing his dirty garbage in the river and for making a deck that unintentionally reams Burning Tog.
- Dark Confidant. # of times played against me = 4. # of cards drawn from him = 1. Suck it, Confidant, suck it.
- Friendly Phil for dropping and ruining my tie-breakers! How dare you?
- Anwar for cheating at SFII and beating me with almost any character he chose. Cheaters never prosper, Anwar!

Extra Sloppy, Sloppy Seconds, Slops:
- Lego Army Man for calling slow play against his opponent when there is simply no evidence of such.
- Lego Army Man for asking the same "slow playing" opponent to turn all of his green sleeves the same direction. Come on, dude. They are all green. I wonder where some of that important "slow-playing" time disappeared to?
- Lego Army Man for trying to bust balls when his "slow-playing" opponent names Persivious Deed with his Needle instead of Pernicious Deed. Here's the relevant link to naming cards (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273).
- Lego Army Man for trying to be a Rules Lawyer. Here's our exchange during our match:
He looks at my colored-in altered art Brainstorms and Counterspells, "You know, those are illegal cards."
My response? "Yup. You should call the judge."
He repeats, "Those are illegal."
I say, "Call the judge."
He doesn't call the judge even though the cards are fully and technically illegal - not the whole art is showing, no casting cost is showing, and no text is showing. If you are going to be a rules lawyer, rules lawyer everyone.

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-06-2006, 06:11 PM
First and foremost, this post is NOT intended to bag on anyone. I just feel that being a stifler with the rules just makes the whole game state very uncomfortable. NO BODY benefits from trying to twist and bend words to make things go your way. Yes it is understandable to qeustion the rules if rules are actually broken. I was watching Lego Army Man's and Nick's matchup and I see both sides of the story... However, I belive that Lego Army man was incorrect in trying to call slowplay. Yes The Nick enjoys shuffling his deck, but we must all take into consideration the fact that Lego Army Man requested to switch his sleeves around and re-shuffle his deck. He also counted His cards and sideboard and such. Had Lego not done either of those, then I can see his claim as justifiable. Don't get me wrong Lego, I think your a good guy, I just believed that the situation got WAY out of hand... The whole match got foul after Nick named Pervivious Deed off of Pithing Needle. For the rest of the match, name calling ensued and the match just got ridiculous.... I mean cmon guys, win the right way. I hate too see two sourcers go at it and get emotional over a card game. Lego Army Man's post was sensible and it did clarify things... but you are susposed to have fun when you play Magic. Regardless of who was at fault, in the end both players were upset, which should NOT be happening. Ok, I am done. I hope that Lego Army Man and The Nick will put this whole situation past them .

P.S. = Kaddy, please do another one of these tournaments ASAP !!!!!

Michael Keller
08-06-2006, 06:22 PM
RIP HOLLYWOOD

QFT.

Jander78
08-06-2006, 07:39 PM
QFT.
sigh.......Not again Mike.....not again. Don't quit.

EDIT: Will write up a report........later.

Brushwagg
08-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Round Four 2-0 UGb Gro
Game One: Burning Tog reams white or black Gro. Yes indeed it does.
Game Two: I ignore an early Needle naming Tog while he gets busy stalling on two lands for ever. I beat down with Nightscapes and Counter/Kill anything of relevance. He never gets his fourth land to cast his Krosan Squirrel Beasts.

That has pretty much how it went. Then in my Free Unhinged pack I get a Foil Mana Screw. Talk about rubbing it, god damn it!

Edit:@Hollywood:You better not stop/quit again. Damn you!

Zilla
08-06-2006, 07:51 PM
1 Zilla StompyThat will never happen again.
I warned you.

Di
08-06-2006, 08:30 PM
quick report

I played a new list of Eternal Garden that you can all see in the thread if anyone cares.

Round 1: Goblins

G1: He plays turn 1 Lackey. I play turn 1 Innocent Blood. He plays Piledriver and Warchief and beats, but I have a turn 3 Crucible followed by turn 4 Exploration and cast Crop Rotation during his next attack phase getting Chasm. A couple turns later Barbarian Ring wipes his whole team and I win.

G2: He plays turn 2 Tinkerer, I play turn 2 Needle naming Tinkerer with 2 Mox Diamond in play. I get a Crucible a couple turns later and begin aggresively dredging with LftL with Nostalgic Dreams in hand. I get an Exploration online, and when he's got mad dudes I Burning Wish with a Devastating Dreams for 4. I easily win from there.

1-0

Round 2: Stompy

G1: He plays some dudes, and I have a pretty quick Crucible followed by an Intuition for Explorations with Chasm in yard. He has no outs to Chasm.

G2: He mulls to 5 and opens with a Vine Dryad and a Rancor off 2 ESG, and I play turn 1 Innocent Blood. He draws a land a few turns later and casts Quirion Ranger, then I Needle it the following turn. Soon after I get a Devasdating Dreams for 2 and fuck his shit up.

2-0

Round3 3: UGw Thresh (Mad Zur)

G1: I open with Land, Exploration, Land. He plays land, Serum Visions. I Waste, play a land and Crucible. He plays a Trop and Mongoose. I play Intuition for Ring, Chasm, and Tabernacle, waste his Trop and play Tabernacle then he scoops.

G2: I open a questionable hand and don't see any business spells at the same time being land screwed while he gets a few creatures and his card advantage finds enough counters for anything I can find.

G3: I keep a pretty good hand but am lacking a black source for the 3 removal spells in hand, and I get stuck on 2 land for a long time, and by the time I get my 3rd land he casts Armageddon and I lose shortly after.

2-1

Round 4: Train Wreck

G1: I mull to 6 with a shitty hand that has Intuition. I plays turn 1 Duress, hitting Intuition. I find a Crucible shortly after and Waste a couple lands, and then get an Exploration and Barbarian Ring, but he has a Staff of Domination to slow my winning. He eventually Echoes me to nuke a lot of my deck, but the turn after I Burning Wish and DD for 5 discarding 5 lands and he scoops.

G2: Similiar to g1, but he taps out for a Pernicious Deed and I Needle it next turn. I find the Crucible/Exploration/Ring soon enough, and then another Exploration, and win.

3-1

At this point all I need to do is win the next round and I can draw in. I'm feeling pretty good until I look at the pairings.

Round 5: Iggy Pop (AnwarA101)

Of course of all the decks in the tournament I get the deck with a 100& win ratio against me. So much for a top8 shot.

G1: He wins.

G2: I have some hate, then he plays Leyline followed by IGG. I remove 2 Boil, a Nostalgic Dreams, and some other stuff from that. I die soon after.

3-2

Now I don't even really care wtf happens as I'm just depressed from last round.

Round 6: Deadguy

G1: I remember getting Crucible/Exploration pretty quickly, but then he Vindicates Crucible and I die from some Shades soon after.

G2: I don't remember this game very well, but it went on very long and I was about to win with 2x Exploration and Ring recursion, but he Needles it. All of my Burning Wish got discarded, so my only way to win was Coliseum. I have 3Exploration in play, so I start hitting him like 12 cards a turn. He scoops when he's down to 15 cards I have like 18 life.

G3: I have a great start with a lot of Explorations and Crucible, but he plays Serenity. I searched for a Wish with Coliseum but can't find it and my shit dies. I of course draw Wish the following turn. wtf. He kills a lot of shit afterwards and I can't come back.

3-3

So basically at one point I was almost a shoe-in for t8, but Anwar had to go and mess that up. But karma got the best of him in the pairings next round against herbig. Should've took the draw man :) lol

Getsickanddie
08-06-2006, 08:32 PM
First and foremost, this post is NOT intended to bag on anyone. I just feel that being a stifler with the rules just makes the whole game state very uncomfortable. NO BODY benefits from trying to twist and bend words to make things go your way. Yes it is understandable to qeustion the rules if rules are actually broken. I was watching Lego Army Man's and Nick's matchup and I see both sides of the story... However, I belive that Lego Army man was incorrect in trying to call slowplay. Yes The Nick enjoys shuffling his deck, but we must all take into consideration the fact that Lego Army Man requested to switch his sleeves around and re-shuffle his deck. He also counted His cards and sideboard and such. Had Lego not done either of those, then I can see his claim as justifiable. Don't get me wrong Lego, I think your a good guy, I just believed that the situation got WAY out of hand... The whole match got foul after Nick named Pervivious Deed off of Pithing Needle. For the rest of the match, name calling ensued and the match just got ridiculous.... I mean cmon guys, win the right way. I hate too see two sourcers go at it and get emotional over a card game. Lego Army Man's post was sensible and it did clarify things... but you are susposed to have fun when you play Magic. Regardless of who was at fault, in the end both players were upset, which should NOT be happening. Ok, I am done. I hope that Lego Army Man and The Nick will put this whole situation past them .

P.S. = Kaddy, please do another one of these tournaments ASAP !!!!!

The bullshit with The Nick isn't the only controversy that Lego Army Man had either. Another earlier round he claimed a draw with his opponent, who thought he should have had the win. Lego Army Man claimed he "scooped to him", but the kid seemed pretty sincere that wasn't the case. Not to mention lying about apologizing to The Nick?.

Flame deleted. -J

Alright I won't flame, but I think he showed his true colors at this tournament.

herbig
08-06-2006, 09:40 PM
The Herbig Project triumphs! This tournament was a lot of fun, props go to Kadi for pulling this off despite the Altered Name debacle. The venue was pretty awesome and everyone there was really cool. I got to match a lot of faces to the names I read here everyday and meet some hip people.

My matchups were UGw Gro 1-1, Landstill 2-0, Truffle Shuffle 2-0, RG Survival 2-1, Solidarity 1-1, IGG 1-0, RGb Survival 2-0, and UGw Gro 2-1, for a 6-0-2 record, despite about a billion mistakes. If I do well at gencon I plan on writing an article about what I believe to be the current best deck.

Thanks to Gearhart for creating such an amazingly fun deck, Bigbear for letting me keep his Wishes for so long, and High Tide for doubling my mana. Also many thanks to Kadi for letting me borrow his set of power for gencon, I'll try not to lose them, but I can't promise anything, except another victory!

Whit3 Ghost
08-06-2006, 09:46 PM
What did you think about Landstill's Solidarity tech(4 Freeze, 3 blessing)?
Worth the board space or is it better spent on Mage/Lab

Di
08-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks to Gearhart for creating such an amazingly fun deck, Bigbear for letting me keep his Wishes for so long, and High Tide for doubling my mana. Also many thanks to Kadi for letting me borrow his set of power for gencon, I'll try not to lose them, but I can't promise anything, except another victory!

I will fucking kill you if those things don't come back to New York. They are all I have left of a once great collection :[ :)

Watcher487
08-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I will fucking kill you if those things don't come back to New York. They are all I have left of a once great collection :[ :)
Here D, I'll make a deal with you. If he doesn't have them when we leave Indy, he won't be leaving Indy.

Is that ok with you?

Kadishack
08-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Notice: It may take awhile for this tournament to get reported. Just to let evryone know. I will let you know when it should be reported.

Thanks Everybody for the great turnout!!!!

Brushwagg
08-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Notice: It may take awhile for this tournament to get reported. Just to let evryone know. I will let you know when it should be reported.

Thanks Everybody for the great turnout!!!!

Does it have to be reported?

Lego
08-06-2006, 10:53 PM
The bullshit with The Nick isn't the only controversy that Lego Army Man had either. Another earlier round he claimed a draw with his opponent, who thought he should have had the win. Lego Army Man claimed he "scooped to him", but the kid seemed pretty sincere that wasn't the case. Not to mention lying about apologizing to The Nick?

I didn't respond to what Nick posted because I specifically didn't want this to spiral into a flame war, and I still don't want that to happen. When the match with Nick ended, and Kadi finally made the call that we could not have an extension, we both packed up our stuff and Nick looked pretty pissed. As he was getting up, I said something like, "Look man, I'm sorry this got so out of hand" and he walked away with no response.

I don't feel the need to sit here and justify myself, but round 2 I honestly thought my opponent was being a nice guy. He won game 1 and when game 2 was into extra turns I cast Haunting Echoes to remove every threat he had left. He began to pick up his cards and said, "Okay, we draw." I said "Thanks" and he said "Sure." I was genuinely thanking him for giving me the draw, when I knew he could just take the win. The judge heard us and walked away. Later, Kadi called me up because the kid told the judge he had actually won the round. Kadi asked me how it had gone, and I confirmed that he had won game 1 and we had gone to time in game 2, and I had been under the impression that he was conceeding game 2 because he knew he could not win. I said I thought he was just being a good sport, and the judge said to let it ride because he didn't know how to change it anyway. I felt bad about the kid drawing when he didn't have that intention, but my plan wasn't to screw him out of his win.

I'm sorry that you think I "showed my true colors." I'm honestly a bit dissapointed that this sort of bickering could come out of such a great tournament. For me, this was a really fun, well run tournament, and I'll look back on it with satisfaction, despite my showing. A lot of things happen at tournaments that you didn't want to happen, and sometimes you regret things in retrospect. I wouldn't choose to screw someone out of a win, and I feel bad about letting my emotions run wild with Nick. If he didn't hear my apology the first time, I'm apologizing now. In no way do I think those two things make me a bad person, or even say anything about the type of Magic player I am. It simply means that I care about the game and I care about my play, and sometimes emotions are a part of that. I am sincerely sorry that people were offended, but I'm moving on now. If you want to continue to argue and flame, feel free. I probably deserve a lot of what you want to say, but I'll kindly refrain.

Peter_Rotten
08-06-2006, 10:56 PM
I probably deserve a lot of what you want to say, but I'll kindly refrain.

Best possible response to a flame. If it's followed.

Getsickanddie
08-06-2006, 11:23 PM
I don't feel the need to sit here and justify myself, but round 2 I honestly thought my opponent was being a nice guy. He won game 1 and when game 2 was into extra turns I cast Haunting Echoes to remove every threat he had left. He began to pick up his cards and said, "Okay, we draw." I said "Thanks" and he said "Sure." I was genuinely thanking him for giving me the draw, when I knew he could just take the win. The judge heard us and walked away. Later, Kadi called me up because the kid told the judge he had actually won the round. Kadi asked me how it had gone, and I confirmed that he had won game 1 and we had gone to time in game 2, and I had been under the impression that he was conceeding game 2 because he knew he could not win. I said I thought he was just being a good sport, and the judge said to let it ride because he didn't know how to change it anyway. I felt bad about the kid drawing when he didn't have that intention, but my plan wasn't to screw him out of his win.

Wow dude, I was sitting right next to Kadi when this all went down. Eli had no clue about that shit, he obviously did not hear you. Secondly, it was pretty obvious he was calling the game a draw, not the match.
Flame deleted. Trevor calm down.

Michael Keller
08-07-2006, 12:32 AM
sigh.......Not again Mike.....not again. Don't quit.

I'm not quitting Rick...but I am going to highly re-evaluate my deck creation/choices from here on out. I guess this tournament finally taught me that you just can't compete with the highest quality decks/players in the format without having one/being one yourself. I'd like to think I'm a high-calibur player...but the truth is...I just play shitty decks and it finally caught up to me. Now, I know.

Jander78
08-07-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm not quitting Rick...but I am going to highly re-evaluate my deck creation/choices from here on out. I guess this tournament finally taught me that you just can't compete with the highest quality decks/players in the format without having one/being one yourself. I'd like to think I'm a high-calibur player...but the truth is...I just play shitty decks and it finally caught up to me. Now, I know.
Ok....whew. That, I can respect. You had me scarred for a second. Well, cheers to new beginings. If you need help tuning a shitty deck, run it by me. I'm the master at making shitty decks somehow work. Seriously.....look at this tournament. ;)

This thread is on the being heavily watched. Do not post flames or personal offenses. If you feel a situation needs to be discussed, handle it like adults and not like internet namecalling douchebags. (and yes I did just lower myself to an internet namecalling douchebags to call "internet namecalling douchebags", internet namecalling douchebags.)

AnwarA101
08-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Ok, so I'm home now, but I'm not really up for a decent tournament report. But I'd like to get to Props and Slops before I forgot the stuff I want to mention.

Props:
Kadilak for both pulling this tournament together at the last moment and ofcourse letting the VA crew stay at his place.
Me for organizing the VA crew (God can we ever plan anything!).
Krieger for having good taste in music.
Everyone for making to the tournament despite the bad press.
Micheal Bomholt for making the most fun deck of Legacy (Yeah I'm talking about Iggy Pop).
Ewokslayer and Mad Zur for making Top8, way to go VA crew.
Me for being awesome at SF2.

Slops:
Calosso.
IBA for yet another control deck.
Mike Herbig for during game 2 I try to go off with Iggy Pop where Force of Will will beat me but instead plays Disrupt (for no reason) then I ask him if he drew the Force and he says "No, I already had it in hand." Who is this guy? From now on this will be referred to as "pulling a herbig". By the way Herbig at least I don't have to Disrupt my own spells to go off!
ObFreely for debating the Gro sideboard till the end of time.
Me for not playing Red Death (Was everyone playing Solidarity?)
For the guy who played Red Death without making Top8. Are we even sure this was a real Red Death list? I mean the deck just makes Top8 that's it.
Anyone who played Deadguy Ale. If you don't know that deck is bad. I am telling you now. Play Red Death.
Oh my I almost forgot. Petter Rotten for being the most hyped SF2 player I have ever heard about. I mean he lost to my Dhalsim and pretty much anything I did. I think I had the tally at 10 wins for me and 2 losses. Does that sound right PR? At least I was hoping that you would be decent.

herbig
08-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Mike Herbig for during game 2 I try to go off with Iggy Pop where Force of Will will beat me but instead plays Disrupt (for no reason) then I ask him if he drew the Force and he says "No, I already had it in hand." Who is this guy?
To be fair, I did mulligan into it first game. I'm pretty impressed with the deck being so consistent though. Once Reset gets banned maybe I'll give her a whirl.

AnwarA101
08-07-2006, 02:24 AM
To be fair, I did mulligan into it first game. I'm pretty impressed with the deck being so consistent though. Once Reset gets banned maybe I'll give her a whirl.

Don't worry Mike keep playing Solidarity - Red Death will come your way. You'll know what it feels like to be disrupted!

TheInfamousBearAssassin
08-07-2006, 02:29 AM
God, shut the fuck up and die.

I'd like some commentary from whoever sat down next to the match in question, but my impression from playing the Nick the previous round was that he was kind of an asshole. He didn't say anything specifically, but his general attitude seemed very arrogant and condescending while he was peeling a few very, very lucky wins, like triple Cranial Plating in his first dozen cards while I'm mana screwed off of Wrath.

Tournament Report:

Round 1: Calosso with Vial Goblins

Not a matchup I want to play, but at least it's Calosso and there's no Ports. Game 1 he gets a slow hand and I lock up the board. Game 2 he wins a 1-wasteland hand with Vial into Lackey and nuking one land to keep me off Wrath mana for long enough. I draw an StP the turn after Lackey drops SCG, too. Game 3 is less eventful, but I keep his guys down, nuke his hand with Hymn, and win with Hiearchs.

1-0

Round 2: Brian Diefendorf with Solidarity

Frowny face. Fucking terrible matchups. Game 1 I might even have won, drawing mostly highly relevant cards, except I can't find black mana til turn 3, and by then it's a little late. Game 2 I steal with Therapy-Witness-Duress savageness. Game 3 I mana to nuke a lot of his hand, but triple Meditate and a need to sac my only real pressure in Hierarch to a critical Therapy allows him to pull it out.

Round 3: David Price, playing RGB Survival Advantage.

Games 1-2 I get rolled by heavy discard, Burning Wish, and Survival generated hasty creature advantage beats. I'm never able to keep the board controlled for long enough to set up a real defense. Also, what the Hell's with all the Frog players?

Round 4: White_Ghost playing Gro

So I finally get a positive matchup. Not that it matters, but it's fun at least. He gets me down to 7-8 once or twice, going for a burn plan, but the dck makes a terrible counter-burn, and Hierarch makes game 2 completely unfair.

Round 5: The Nick

This is the loss that actually pissed me off the most. Mainly because it's basically a very favorable matchup that I just got creamed in through some absolutely nutty draws and mana screw. I did make some major mistakes sideboarding game 2, bringing in too much fat and bringing out Duresses which would probably have been a lot more useful, but it's not all that relevant as I still get a pretty decent draw that should work but just wasn't fast enough, and I once again lose to not drawing the 4th land.

Like I said, Nick didn't say anything, but I got the impresison that he basically thought his deck was the shit and mine was just shit. I could be wrong, but he gave off that kind of attitude to me. I was also already pissed at the time to be fair.

Round 6: Person I can't remember playing Vial Goblins (Smart)

Totally can't remember his name. Pretty good guy. We're just fucking around at this point. Game 1 I get rolled, game 2 I pull my plan together perfectly. Someone says something about prizes for top 16 and I promptly lose. Oh well. Wouldn't have made it anyway, but it was symbolic.

2-4. Ouch.

Overall, an extremely pleasant experience. Possibly the best run Legacy tournament I've been to, including the GP. Only problem was the short-staffed Judging. The location was infinitely nicer than anything I've seen in Syracuse before. It being warm rather than abysmally cold helps with that. Scott Taylor and I spent a large part of the day altering cards. Scott, Lego and I grabbed bagels after walking across most of Baldwinsville looking for the Subway. On the brief list of things I did win, a pack of Coldsnap for being the first to be able to name four lands from Arabian Nights (Elephant Graveyard, Diamond Valley, City of Brass and Library of Alexandria. It would've been supreme tech if I had remembered enough to continue listing Oasis, Desert, Bazaar of Baghdad, Island of Wak-Wak and Mountain. I got to soothe my ego by smashing Phil 2-0 in a fun game against his 3c Angel Stompy after letting him draw a bunch of extra cards and tutor for Armageddon, and then we retired for Hooters wings followed by staying up til 3 with beer and GTA: San Andreas. So good times.

Props:
Alix for driving
Kadi for hosting us and the tourny
Eli for buying stuff at sane prices and not being SCG. Also judging.
Jander for winning-ish.
Herbig for inventing Solidarity.
Jesse H. and Diefendorf for top 8'ing.
Scott and I for badass Helldozers.

Slops:
Matt for being a *** and not coming.
Ian for being a *** and not coming.
Scott S. for being a *** and not coming.
Allan, for not coming.

Peter_Rotten
08-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Oh my I almost forgot. Petter Rotten for being the most hyped SF2 player I have ever heard about. I mean he lost to my Dhalsim and pretty much anything I did. I think I had the tally at 10 wins for me and 2 losses. Does that sound right PR? At least I was hoping that you would be decent.

Bah. Anwar clearly cheats at SFII. First, it's been obvious that he has been practicing. He was still able to do all the "power-moves" on command. What a cheater. Next, to beat me, he had to resort to having some hired cronies distract me by putting a sheet of paper in front of my character - essentially blocking my view and causing me to lose many matches that would have otherwise been blow outs (in my favor).

My only regret is that Burning Tog did not get to stomp on his IggyPop.

Mulletus
08-07-2006, 09:14 AM
God, shut the fuck up and die.

... his general attitude seemed very arrogant and condescending ...

Wow, I've never met anyone like that before. Especially not a magic player, nor any Virginian....

There's a big difference between arrogance + condescention, and plain poor sportsmanship. That's like confidence (yourself) compaired to sore loser (L.A.M.).

Drathro
08-07-2006, 09:59 AM
The Herbig Project triumphs!
So, the "Herbig Project" was a plan to bring Solidarity? Wow, I didn't see that coming! :rolleyes:

I wish I had played against the "Herbig Project," but I choked in the first match, and never saw any Storm all day. On the other hand, how much fun did I have playing Void (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Void), and how dense was I to replace Terminates (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Terminate) with Consume Spirits (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Consume_Spirit)? Also, people, Dystopia (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Dystopia) will show up post-board. Get used to it!

Nightmare
08-07-2006, 10:20 AM
So, the "Herbig Project" was a plan to bring Solidarity? Wow, I didn't see that coming! :rolleyes:

I wish I had played against the "Herbig Project," but I choked in the first match, and never saw any Storm all day. On the other hand, how much fun did I have playing Void (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Void), and how dense was I to replace Terminates (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Terminate) with Consume Spirits (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Consume_Spirit)? Also, people, Dystopia (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Dystopia) will show up post-board. Get used to it!The Herbig Project was a joke that people NOT on our team started. We said we had new tech. This tech was 4 color Gro. You all replied "your new tech is Herbig joining your team." We then named the gro decks "The Herbig Project" to mock this. Best part is, both the decks we built, as well as Herbig, made the T16. It was a good day for the team, even if I did have to basically knock Bryant out of T8 contention round 1.

Krieger
08-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Props:

Kadi for holding the tournament, finding a new place to hold it and have the VA crew at his house.
Mr. Kadaliac for the breakfast and lodging us/putting up with us.
Most of my opponents for being cool.
Anwar for the ride and discussions and music.
Jesse H. for making top 8.
Brian D. for making top 8.
All who participated in Jacks “mark of the beast” symbol!
All the Gro players who tap out for Mystic Enforcer
NoobSlayer for being cool
wastedlife for having Team Unicorn sign his Pearl Unicorn.
Alix for the drinks and Fun with GTA
The cool location for the tournament
Dave Price for being the King of Beatdown!

Slops:

Team Unicorn for not representing by 1) not showing up, 2) playing Truffle Shuffle, and 3) not representing in the top 8. (Punishment will follow)!
Colosso
Me for sucking at the mirror match
Dave Price for not playing Deadguy Red
All the Deadguy Ale Players for not playing decks that are better

Drathro
08-07-2006, 04:05 PM
For the guy who played Red Death without making Top8. Are we even sure this was a real Red Death list? I mean the deck just makes Top8 that's it.
I'm guessing this might refer to me, but I was definitely not playing Red Death. Even if I was going to play it, I was missing at least 1 Sink, 3 Shades, and 4 Negators, which would not have been a good start.

What I did end up playing was a deck I threw together the night before (thanks to the temporary cancellation), and it performed adequately, considering I went 3-3 with it. Actually, the deck performed better than I did, since I should have beaten the eventual top 2 Blue Skies player in the first round, but I made a stupid play mistake (more than one actually), and my opponent didn't make any mistakes I could capitalize on.

AnwarA101
08-07-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm guessing this might refer to me, but I was definitely not playing Red Death. Even if I was going to play it, I was missing at least 1 Sink, 3 Shades, and 4 Negators, which would not have been a good start.

What I did end up playing was a deck I threw together the night before (thanks to the temporary cancellation), and it performed adequately, considering I went 3-3 with it. Actually, the deck performed better than I did, since I should have beaten the eventual top 2 Blue Skies player in the first round, but I made a stupid play mistake (more than one actually), and my opponent didn't make any mistakes I could capitalize on.

You definitely didn't play Red Death. You weren't playing Negator? I think he's one of the defining cards of the deck. You only had 1 Sinkhole. Yeah this doesn't look like Red Death. Is it okay if Kadilak changes this to B/R aggro? Were you playing the burn?

quicksilver
08-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Here is my tournament report; I think it was especially interesting in my last match.

So Friday afternoon comes and I leave work early, either due to a misspeak or a mishear I expect Anwar at 2pm when he should actually be there around 3. So around three I am getting worried and around 4 I give up hope and don’t think he is going to come. I didn’t feel like driving up by myself because that would be boring, plus no one to split the gas with. So around 4 I go to my room and watch TV. At 5 Anwar shows up and after banging on my door for 10 minutes lets himself in; I didn’t hear him cause of the TV and I wasn’t expecting him anymore. Well we were planning on me, Anwar, Jesse Krieger, and David Gearhart to be in the car, but to my surprise Calosso is there. Putting 5 people in a small car for 7 hours with one of them being Calosso seemed less than good, so I offer to drive. I get the privilege (sarcasm) of riding up and back with just me and Calosso (also only two people in the car sucked for gas efficiency; it cost us $40 each). We get in around 1, and stayed at Kadilak’s house. But now after that intro let’s get to the tournament.

I play RGBSA my list is here: http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?alt_format=vin&DeckID=18000

Round 1-RGBU Thresh
Game 1: I resolve a second turn survival, but somehow still don’t win. I was fairly mana light and he ran lots of burn keeping me off of mana. I manage to stabilize at one and was going to do double Baloth next turn. He had no hand and top decked a lightning bolt.
Game 2: Again second turn survival his build was unfamiliar to me and does some things I don’t expect, like engineered explosives. In retrospect I could have easily made some different play choices here to win the game. But hindsight is 20/20. I end up losing my survival, and with his removal for mana critters made me not able to get a genesis when I had it out. But I did loaming shaman him. He removes the loaming shaman. I top deck over the next like 15 turns, a combination of lands, birds of paradise, cabal therapies and duress, and lose from the high teens to a 1/1 mongoose for like 15 turns.
0-1

Round 2-Beserk affinity
Game 1: He gets some good stuff, ravager and disciple, something to modular onto. My hand was rather sub par but I still pull out a win, SotF is just that good. Seeds of innocence in the board would have been an enormous bomb for me, but I didn’t have rrom for it but also didn’t need it since I won 2/0.
Game 2:I start with a duress I think. He has a sub par hand of like 2 workers, 2 aether vials, and some land. I crush him.
1-1

Round 3-Truffle Shuffle (Jack Elgin, IBA)
Game 1:Let’s just say this is not a very good match for him. He has few outs to survival and I draw well and he doesn’t get the nutz.
Game 2:See game one
2-1

Round 4-I don’t know what this is; it looks kind of like this but not exactly: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3913&highlight=phyrexian+arena
Game 1: Black based control decks like this are just really good match ups, I win.
Game 2: See game one
3-1

Round 5-Same deck as last round, only a slightly better version of it.
Game 1: He has the perfect answer to everything I do and keeps me very low on mana.
Game 2: He answers everything I do and puts me on one mana with no cards in hand. We both top deck some land and I pull out of it.
Game 3: I get mana, survival, I think, I just crush.
4-1

At this point there is only 1 round left and I figure I can just draw in at 4/1/1. Standings go up and I am in 9th place unfortunately. I see tables 1-3 draw. Now if I draw all 6 of those people will either have more points than me or the same number of points with better tie breakers. So that leaves only two possible spots for me. At table 5 is Anwar vs. Herbig. The winner of that match will have more points than me if I tie. If their match draws, then Anwar beats me in on tie breakers. So that leaves only one possible spot for me. My opponent who is also 4/1 but has better tie breakers than me. If we draw then he beats me in and I get 9th place. So sadly for me I am forced to play it out. And need a 5/1 record to make it in.

Round 6- UGW Thresh
Game 1: Neither of us knows what the other is playing. I start by mulling to 5. He starts by laying two mongooses, then proceeds to counter every spell I play before I die. Card advantage is really important in this match and the mull killed me.

Game 2: He gets stuck on one land. I go turn two mesmeric fiend with a mana open. He has FoW. He again misses land, I go survival, FoW is his only out. He has FoW. He misses land again. I play Survival, FoW is his only out, and lo and behold, FoW number 3. He misses land again. I go witness with 4 mana on the board bringing survival back to my hand. He rips the land and lays meddling mage on survival. A few turns later I get B.Wish and wish for anarchy with 5 mana on the board. Next turn I play anarchy and he has the counterspell. Next turn I play FTK, it hits and mage dies. Next turn I play survival, it hits, I have mana open and a creature in hand and he can’t stop me. Again card advantage is really good and the loss of it for him due to triple FoW was amazing.

Game 3: He gets a mage on survival, a mage on B.Wish and a needle. I tin street the needle and FtK the survival mage. Doesn’t matter cause I never see a survival the whole game. I had ripped his hand apart with therapy. I had edict in hand from B.Wish (his other mage dies at some point), he had no cards in hand and another needle on board and no creatures, I got 5 power out. I say go. Time gets called. We get a judge ruling and his turn is turn 1. He didn’t have any permanents to untap and hadn’t drawn a card yet. He rips a swords and kills my ftk on his turn (the only card that could draw the game for him and he needed it that turn). I play a second FTK hitting my birds of paradise. On my turn (turn 4) I get him down to one life and I can put out a total of 4 creatures with power 1 or greater. Also my hand is gas with edict. He had absolutely no out, but I was one damage short of killing him. If only time had been called like 1 second later. Time could also have been called like 1 second earlier. Had I known that time was gona be called right then I could have FtKed my own bird, or wintessed back junk to get a little more damage on the board. But no, time had to be called in the brief period after I said go when it was too late to play beats, and before his turn. I won that match, but he got the draw on a technicality. So he makes it into top 8 and I get 9th place.

4/1/1 - The only 4/1/1 who doesn't make it in.

I can deal losing to good players, even bad players, I can deal losing to good and bad decks. I can even deal with losing cause my own deck crapped out on me. But one thing I HATE losing to is to time when I had the match guaranteed. And not only did I lose to time, but an incredibly small amount of time. ONE SECOND, if I just had like one second more I would have been in top 8, but no, I couldn’t get the last turn and I could only get him down to 1 life. God I really hate losing to time, especially when my deck can put out a very reasonable clock.

Props:
That hotel, it was nice and totally worth an extra 5 dollars.
Kadilak for putting us Virginians up and running a good tournament.
Kadilak's dad for getting us breakfast.
Props other people gave, I agree and will not re-list them all.

Slops:
The clock. God damn you clock, why couldn’t you have been like 1 second slower, or even 1 second faster.
Scott Taylor. Trying to give the 9th place person 40 copies of the Mask on VHS. No one wants that and you know it, stop trying to give others your trash.

Michael Keller
08-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I can deal losing to good players, even bad players, I can deal losing to good and bad decks. I can even deal with losing cause my own deck crapped out on me. But one thing I HATE losing to is to time when I had the match guaranteed. And not only did I lose to time, but an incredibly small amount of time. ONE SECOND, if I just had like one second more I would have been in top 8, but no, I couldn’t get the last turn and I could only get him down to 1 life. God I really hate losing to time, especially when my deck can put out a very reasonable clock.

That's heartbreaking...I almost feel the pain.

AnwarA101
08-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Bah. Anwar clearly cheats at SFII. First, it's been obvious that he has been practicing. He was still able to do all the "power-moves" on command. What a cheater. Next, to beat me, he had to resort to having some hired cronies distract me by putting a sheet of paper in front of my character - essentially blocking my view and causing me to lose many matches that would have otherwise been blow outs (in my favor).

My only regret is that Burning Tog did not get to stomp on his IggyPop.

Cheating? What you mistake for practice is something called skill. I know it might be a foreign concept to you but people can actually play this game without having to practice for months on end. I did my practice about 10 years ago when the game was big. All I have left now is skill.

My only regret is that I lost twice to a player with almost no skill.

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-07-2006, 08:18 PM
My only regret is that I lost twice to a player with almost no skill.

Ohhh snap!!! It is getting cold in here!!!!

noobslayer
08-07-2006, 08:21 PM
NoobSlayer for being cool
Sweet, I'm cool.

Zilla
08-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Here is my tournament report; I think it was especially interesting in my last match. (etc.)
Is Thresh always this close for you? If so, is there a reason you're not running Perish as a Wish target?

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Noobslayer is not cool. He is VERY cool!

DampingEngine
08-07-2006, 10:47 PM
My memory's not good enough to give a full tournament report, but I thought I'd give some highlights and at least mention my matchups for the record.

Round 1 - BR Beats (see above) 2-1. This was the closest match that I won, and he insists that he made mistakes that cost him the match. I was at 1 life during game 2 before Jitte did broken things and I won, so he's probably right. Game 3 wasn't close thanks to Old Man of the Sea.

Round 2 - Garv.dec 2-1. I thought this would be a fairly bad match, and lost game 1 in short order from double berserk. The next 2 games went my way though, in part thanks to him keeping a 1 lander game 3. It sucks that I had to beat one of my friends, but I guess it was a good thing in the end.

Round 3 - Dirt 2-0. Game 1 he only cast 1 spell, a Funeral Charm, thanks mainly to Wasteland. Game 2 he resolved a morph, but I had both Jitte and Old Man of the Sea on the table and won the next turn.

Round 4 - Solidarity 0-2. Game 1 I didn't do much, and scooped after he cast his 4th Meditate. Game 2 I countered a few draw spells, but he still went off easily.

Round 5 - UGW Thresh 2-0. This matchup is the main reason I played Skies. After game 1 he said "I feel like I must have made some mistake". Game 2 he really did make some mistakes, and I also drew something like 5 of my fatties.

Round 6 - ID

Top 8 - UGW Thresh 2-0. Yeah, I got to beat both Hatfields in the same event.

Top 4 - 5/3 2-1. I thought this was going to be a bad matchup and I lost in short order game 1 mainly due to double Tangle Wire. Game 2 I was a land destruction deck thanks to Wasteland and Force on Mox Diamond, which is harsh thanks to errata. Game 3 I just swarmed him and Chalice for 1 didn't do anything to me.

Thanks to everyone, all my opponents were very gracious and I didn't make any boneheaded mistakes to embarass myself as usually happens in these tournaments, so that was a plus. Special thanks to Kaddy for running the thing and finding a great location, and Herbig for allowing the split & letting me take Seas even though he probably would've won.

quicksilver
08-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Is Thresh always this close for you? If so, is there a reason you're not running Perish as a Wish target?

Oh I don't know, maybe something along the lines of half my deck being green creatures. Chainer's edict is a really good wish target against them. Sometimes anarchy or tsunami. Also no the match may take a while but it seldom goes to time. We sarted late because we were figuring out if we could draw.

Getsickanddie
08-07-2006, 11:41 PM
@Dampening Engine - Don't forget to thank getsickanddie for picking you up and bringing you to b'ville, AND for getting smacked down round two in part due to my own retardation.

Zilla
08-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Oh I don't know, maybe something along the lines of half my deck being green creatures.
Uh... oh, right. Why don't you shut up?

Afro
08-08-2006, 12:33 AM
This tourney was the shizzle. Kadi runs the best tournies ever. It was nice to see many of my favorites from syracuse (rick, kadi, caulyn, alex, garv, alex, bryant, etc) as well as being pared up against Anwar again(couldn't ask for a nicer opponent).

Props:
THE LOCATION - besides the whole wedding thing this place was the fucking titties. Not hot at all, very clean, and easy to get to.
Matt for being a badass and skipping wifey things like his fucking anniversary to go to a magic tournament.
Kadi for the awesome tourney and not being too upset about the foil crubibles ;)
Myself, the badass for playing belcher

Slops:
Meddling Mage
Pithing Needle
All the drama around Lego and the Nicks match.
Matt and Norm - so close but so far away with burning tog
FIRE FUCKING IMP

quicksilver
08-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Oh I remembered a few more Props:
Ed Fear for offering to take the tournement
Viki's, for having a single breakfast that contained 4 kinds of pig
Anwar for hitting 95mph
Me for literally driving circles around Anwar.

Nightmare
08-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Misses:
- Altered States. This place should know enough to get their act together before a Fire inspection. This can't possibly be their first.
- Dirt. How do I lose to this deck?
- Drama. That shit's for messageboards, not tournaments.
- Matt Cole for going apeshit when I yelled to Watcher487 "That's cause your deck sucks," when he complained about being sick of looking at his hand. Seriously, learn to take a fucking joke. I'm sure if Shane had heard me, he'd have laughed, too.
- Me for pulling the "Do you know who you're talking to?" line in the above situation. God I'm lame.
- The adults who decided Bville would be more fun than downtown Syracuse for afterhours.

Hits:
- Rich Borque, who wasn't even there. He got the email from States as soon as it came out, and immediately called me. I started calling everyone I could, and that led us to find a new place once Kadi's power came back on. Rich pretty much wins the prize for quick action on this one.
- Everyone who travelled for this, even though it was cancelled for 4 hours.
- Kadi for making it happen.
- The Herbig Project.
- Herbig for winning and taking Volcanics.
- Heather Hudson for being awesome at drawing.

Mulletus
08-08-2006, 11:05 AM
OH! I forgot to tell everyone my play of the day!

First off you should know I woke up at like 10:35 am, still pretty drunk from the night before... Big surprize, I know.

In game 3 of round one, my opponent is playing white based stax, and he has a Chalice out for 2. He's at 14 and I have 6 dmg showing (4/4 + 2/1). I decide to cast Survival top seal the deal. He says, "counter". I don't believe him thinking he hasent played Island yet... and proceed to pay one green and discard Anger to said Survival. Several people around thought this was fairly funny, and explained that Survival really was countered. I untap the green mana, pick up the Anger, and put Survival in the graveyard. Then, in my brilliance, I decide that chalice needs to go. So I tried to Burning Wish for Meltdown. (after all the 3 mana left could kill it all in one turn) A roar of laughter insues, and the Burning Wish goes to the graveyard with the Survival. I get mildly frustrated, and swing for 6. Next turn comes, I hard cast anger and swing for 8 ftw.

Jander78
08-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Prop:
Kadi - Good job organizing and re-organizing
Eli - Great job judging and amazing to deal with in regards to sales/trades
Hooters girls
My Name is Scott
Bryant's well timed birthday
Peanut-butter Pie
Red lights
Albany dudes
Virginian's in general
Nightmare for owning a camera phone
"Swords" - the game
Hot chicks from the wedding stareing in like it's a freak show.
ebeer.com

Slops:
Deep6er for losing to me in the battle of wits math challenge
Spatula of the Ages for staying home and having buttsex instead of attending (but props for the "over the phone high five")
IBA for pretty much being single handedly responsible for every match that went into time in the round because they were all due to variations of his decks being played. (although this maybe more deserved as a prop)
Work....because that's where I'm writing this from.
Wastedlife for telling the Hooters girls he was 17. I've never seen Hooters girls scared to shake their boobs around.
Someone else for eating the Pie that Scott and I paid for and Bryant gave away.
Jesus for not picking up a chick.
Subway subs for tasting horrible the next day when you forget to put it in the fridge.

Watcher487
08-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Misses:
- Matt Cole for going apeshit when I yelled to Watcher487 "That's cause your deck sucks," when he complained about being sick of looking at his hand. Seriously, learn to take a fucking joke. I'm sure if Shane had heard me, he'd have laughed, too.

Actually Matt wasn't playing my deck he decided not to play my version due to his fact 'that it sucks'. I actually enjoyed playing 5c Eternal Gardens Saturday and I'm thinking of playing it for GenCon.

But what was the comment towards (his deck or mine) ....I don't actually remembering hearing it. Mind everyone, I would have laughed my ass off if it was about Matt's deck. Like who could top 8 a tourney w/ a survival deck with ~15 one of's.

Nightmare
08-08-2006, 12:22 PM
But what was the comment towards (his deck or mine) ....I don't actually remembering hearing it. Mind everyone, I would have laughed my ass off if it was about Matt's deck. Like who could top 8 a tourney w/ a survival deck with ~15 one of's.We were waiting for round 1 to start, you yelled "Can we start now? I'm sick of sitting here looking at my hand!" I yelled, "It's cause your deck sucks!" He flipped out at me. Then he scrubbed out.

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Which one was Matt Cole?? Was he the big kid wearing the "Green Shirts are for Pimps" shirt playing Survival?

Kadishack
08-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Which one was Matt Cole?? Was he the big kid wearing the "Green Shirts are for Pimps" shirt playing Survival?

You would be correct with that assumption.

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Lol.. that was the same kid that Jesus started shit with before the tournament began... ahh good times.

Mulletus
08-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Like who could top 8 a tourney w/ a survival deck with ~15 one of's.

ummmmm, me.

on1y0ne
08-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Hits:
- Rich Borque, who wasn't even there. He got the email from States as soon as it came out, and immediately called me. I started calling everyone I could, and that led us to find a new place once Kadi's power came back on. Rich pretty much wins the prize for quick action on this one.

The props are much appreciated. I wish I could attend. Actually, I arrived at Altered shortly after the fire inspection, so I was in the loop before the e-mail was sent.

Just so everyone knows, there has been an issue with me getting the tournament files. We are going to try again on Wednesday, this time instead of e-mailing them, Matt is bringing his laptop to me so that I can just upload them to my jump drive. If this doesn't work, then, unfortunately, the tournament will have to not be reported. My apologies, in advance, if this is the case.

Regards.

Mulletus
08-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Just so everyone knows, there has been an issue with me getting the tournament files. We are going to try again on Wednesday, this time instead of e-mailing them, Matt is bringing his laptop to me so that I can just upload them to my jump drive. If this doesn't work, then, unfortunately, the tournament will have to not be reported. My apologies, in advance, if this is the case.

So did it work?

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Lol yeah seriousely, I wanna know if my rating gets to go up for once!!!:tongue:

Kadishack
08-14-2006, 10:32 AM
I will call Rich tonight and see what the scoop is. I sent him the files but last time it did not transfer correctly. So hopefully this time it will. I will do everything within my power to get this tournament sanctioned.

Thanks

Nightmare
08-14-2006, 06:35 PM
http://thumb17.webshots.com/t/53/753/7/38/92/2514738920094764637CkwPoP_th.jpg (http://community.webshots.com/photo/2514738920094764637CkwPoP)

noobslayer
08-14-2006, 06:37 PM
What the hell? Bryant isn't fondling one of those gorgeous bombshells? I knew he was gay.

Braves54321
08-14-2006, 07:02 PM
http://thumb17.webshots.com/t/53/753/7/38/92/2514738920094764637CkwPoP_th.jpg (http://community.webshots.com/photo/2514738920094764637CkwPoP)

He looks awkward as hell around those hot chicks....lol.
I hope he at least got some better pics w/them......

Mulletus
08-15-2006, 02:29 AM

Yeah he looks as scared as a deer in headlights... that or a young teen forced to sit on grandpa's lap. This may be the booze talkin... (22oz blue, 12 beast cans, 8oz bottle of warm wiskey; = pretourney - pitcher of miller light alone; = port tourney) ... but he was a total ass telling them he was only xxteen. Only the ATF and 'bouncer law' could have known what I'd have done in his shoes. It's a shame I was drivin or I would have really busted loose.

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-15-2006, 02:41 AM
ROFL... that picture is hilarious.. a classic indeed!!!!

AnwarA101
08-15-2006, 02:57 AM
He looks awkward as hell around those hot chicks....lol.
I hope he at least got some better pics w/them......

Don't think the ladies weren't keeping their distance. They had just learned he was only 17. I'm sure they felt awkward around a minor. In his defense, he was caught off guard by the whole thing and he might just have been awed by all the attention he was receiving from the lovely ladies.

T is for TOOL
08-15-2006, 04:17 AM
Well that's pretty damn lame. What worthless sack of crap ruined it for him and told the girls that he was a minor?

on1y0ne
08-15-2006, 06:34 AM
For some reason, after many attempts, I cannot get the files from the tournament to work. We tried zipping them and sending them in an email, which didn't work. We tried copying them to my flash drive, which didn't work. Even without them being zipped, they were sent to me in an email. Without the files, I cannot send them to Wizards, and the tournament is now late. It was late as of Sunday. If I cannot get it work, then I cannot submit it. Sorry guys... :cry:

AnwarA101
09-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Apparently there was some technical issue with the decklists being listed multiple times for this event on StarCity's database. Though a front page link was never created, the decklists are there. Here is the link - Top 16 (http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/deckshow.php?t%5BT3%5D=leg&deck_name%5B%5D=&event_type=&feedin=&start_date=2006-08-06&end_date=2006-08-06&city=&state=&country=&start=&finish=&exp=&p_first=&p_last=&simple_card_name%5B1%5D=&simple_card_name%5B2%5D=&simple_card_name%5B3%5D=&simple_card_name%5B4%5D=&simple_card_name%5B5%5D=&w_perc=0&g_perc=0&r_perc=0&b_perc=0&u_perc=0&a_perc=0&comparison%5B1%5D=%3E%3D&card_qty%5B1%5D=1&card_name%5B1%5D=&comparison%5B2%5D=%3E%3D&card_qty%5B2%5D=1&card_name%5B2%5D=&comparison%5B3%5D=%3E%3D&card_qty%5B3%5D=1&card_name%5B3%5D=&comparison%5B4%5D=%3E%3D&card_qty%5B4%5D=1&card_name%5B4%5D=&comparison%5B5%5D=%3E%3D&card_qty%5B5%5D=1&card_name%5B5%5D=&sb_comparison%5B1%5D=%3E%3D&sb_card_qty%5B1%5D=1&sb_card_name%5B1%5D=&sb_comparison%5B2%5D=%3E%3D&sb_card_qty%5B2%5D=1&sb_card_name%5B2%5D=&card_not%5B1%5D=&card_not%5B2%5D=&card_not%5B3%5D=&card_not%5B4%5D=&card_not%5B5%5D=&order_1=finish&order_2=&limit=25&action=Show+Decks)