PDA

View Full Version : Legacy in Pittsburgh, PA?

BiscuitVader
08-04-2006, 03:38 AM
I know there is Mr. Nice Guy Games games, but they don't play Legacy.

Is there anywhere else in the Pittsburgh Area?

Drkdstryer
08-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Very infrequently Legions has a Legacy tourney, like once every month or two. It's north of the city, on Route 19 in North Hills, towards Cranberry. Are you the only one who's interested, or do you have a playgroup that all want to participate? It would be a LOT easier to convince the store owner to have more frequent tourneys if you could expand the player base past like 6 serious decks and x number of scrubs.

BiscuitVader
08-04-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm very sorry to have to say that I am the one who wants to play....
Not a play group.

Sorry. But thank you very much for telling me about Legions.

Do they have a website or a phone number you could PM me with? So I can get exact directions.

mmmetaphor
08-04-2006, 09:19 PM
I know of 2-3 others from the 'burgh that would attend a legacy tourny if we knew of one..

matyburger
08-05-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm at CMU, so if there were events that were within a bus ride/able to get a ride to, I'd definitely go.

Drkdstryer
08-06-2006, 03:56 AM
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=&ie=UTF8&ll=40.572126,-80.036752&spn=0.012273,0.020127&om=1

It's on the corner of Cumberland and 19. There's no website and I don't have the number or address on me, sorry :\ Pretty sure a bus or two goes up there.

I'm going to Canada for a week and then moving down to Oakland, so I probably won't be able to tell them to have a tourney, but I'll try to get one before the fall semester begins. If I do, I'll post here (with better directions also).

BiscuitVader
08-06-2006, 11:34 AM
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=&ie=UTF8&ll=40.572126,-80.036752&spn=0.012273,0.020127&om=1

It's on the corner of Cumberland and 19. There's no website and I don't have the number or address on me, sorry :\ Pretty sure a bus or two goes up there.

I'm going to Canada for a week and then moving down to Oakland, so I probably won't be able to tell them to have a tourney, but I'll try to get one before the fall semester begins. If I do, I'll post here (with better directions also).
Thank you!

mmmetaphor
10-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Very infrequently Legions has a Legacy tourney, like once every month or two. It's north of the city, on Route 19 in North Hills, towards Cranberry. Are you the only one who's interested, or do you have a playgroup that all want to participate? It would be a LOT easier to convince the store owner to have more frequent tourneys if you could expand the player base past like 6 serious decks and x number of scrubs.

Anyone know if these tournaments still happen or if there are any other legacy tournies in Pgh?

Arsenal_Fan
10-05-2006, 07:44 PM
I would be interested in forming a play group for legacy players in Pittsburgh. I live near Greensburg. I know that there was a store in Washington that holds type 2 tourneys, but I am not sure about Legacy tourneys.

Drkdstryer
10-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Anyone know if these tournaments still happen or if there are any other legacy tournies in Pgh?

I'm going home this weekend and probably hitting Legions, I'll post with more details. Actually, if I can show them all there this thread it might spark more interest in holding more consistant Legacy.

Note: last I was there (like 2+ months ago) they were NOT sanctioned (new store). I don't see how the sanctioning process can take more than 2 months, but it's a valid concern. When I post from Legions, I'll make sure to include the address as well.

Arsenal_Fan
10-15-2006, 06:36 PM
@Drkdstryer

Did you find any info for any Legacy tourneys in the Pittsburgh area?

I was just wanting to know how much interest we have because we could go to local stores that run Type 2 tourneys and see if they would run either sanctioned or unsanctioned tourneys. We could always go that path.

Drkdstryer
10-15-2006, 09:50 PM
No, didn't get out to Legions when I was at home... like I said, I live in Squirrel Hill right now, and school makes it tricky for me to consistantly get out to Wexford for Legions. I mean, next time I talk to the guy who organizes tournies there I'm obviously going to bring up Legacy, and post more accurate directions 9from the business cards that I don't have on me) and what the tournies will be like.

Drkdstryer
10-21-2006, 11:45 PM
OK, so there is going to be a big tourny Thanksgiving weekend, tenatively at 7:30, with 1st getting a box, as long as there are eight - ten people attending, with more prizes are there are more people. Good attendance will pretty much let the owner know that Legacy would be good for his store, and he'd be willing to have more consistant, smaller prized-tourneys.

The address is:
9066 Perry Highway
McCandless Twp

Phone number is 412-366-3725

I mena, if there are like 16+ people here that would really impress the guy and that would be a good sign for more tourneys... like monthly or possibly more :>

Arsenal_Fan
10-23-2006, 05:51 PM
@Drkdstryer

Thanks for the info. Did they give any specifics as to the date? Thanksgiving weekend would hurt the tourney turnout IMO, but I will do anything I can do to support Legacy in Pittsburgh. Do you plan on attending?

mmmetaphor
10-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the info Drkstryer.

I'll make every attemt to get myself and a few friends there, I should be able to make it assuming I don't get forced into working OT due to the holiday..

Drkdstryer
10-24-2006, 02:56 AM
Well the tourney will probably be the weekend after Thanksgiving - not sure, teh owner needs to make sure it meshes with all the other events he holds. I could easily see this being 20+ players (there were about 10 at the last Legacy event, and if there are enough people from The Source...)

I'll post an "official" thread once everything is set in stone, but this IS happening.

I'm like 90% attending. There may be some events that conspire to keep me at school... but I'm making this a pretty big priority. There are so many Legacy decks I want to play.

Deger
10-24-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm kinda interested in this legacy tourney end of Nov beginning of dec.
why do I feel that this is going to be like the scene from my blue heaven when steve martin walks into the resturant and is greeted by all his old friends.....

I haven't played in a constructed event since 2000

could be cool.... Could be painful.... Will be fun...

-D

mmmetaphor
10-27-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm kinda interested in this legacy tourney end of Nov beginning of dec.
why do I feel that this is going to be like the scene from my blue heaven when steve martin walks into the resturant and is greeted by all his old friends.....

I haven't played in a constructed event since 2000

could be cool.... Could be painful.... Will be fun...

-D

It's a little scary to me that you could see yourself as Steve Martin.

Deger
10-28-2006, 09:41 AM
It's a little scary to me that you could see yourself as Steve Martin.

Well MM

I may not have the hair or the great gangster (I don't think he is "gangsta") accent but I might have a really snazzy suit....

maybe I have said too much already and I'll get in trouble with the DCI relocation program....

BiscuitVader
11-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Google Maps says that is 32 minuites away from my house.
I'm going to try and make it.

If I don't make it, it would be b/c of Holidays.
I would still be interested in going to them if they were every week or two.

matyburger
11-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Anybody in the CMU/Oakland/Squirrel Hill area going to this? A friend of mine and I are looking to go, but we don't have a ride. Send me a PM or email (tehmaty@gmail) about it.

Thanks.

Arsenal_Fan
11-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Has anyone talked to the owners of the store? Is this event still on and if so what day and time is it officially?