PDA

View Full Version : Wait just a SPLIT SECOND.

to1701
08-22-2006, 05:32 PM
The gestapo, (SS-split second) is coming to Magic the Gathering. I was just at the salvation boards looking at the pages of the new scrye showing 8 Timespiral cards that I do believe will change current legacy decks. (I do not mean all 8 cards.) The new fetchland, that only gets basics, but doesn't hurt for sac. The split second mechanic is balls to the wall , especially on cards with great effects. (The spoiler card isn't that strong, it just cannot be stopped once on the stack) I am sure the other colors will get thier split second cards. These cards can weaken the effectiveness of any counterspell or effect that can save a permanent from destruction, or has the potential to stop a combo from going off. It will be interesting to see if new FLASHBACK will have any tasty things to bring to the legacy table as well. Any way, I thought this would be a good place to start talking about the possible mechanics that could cause a ruckus in Legacy.

Jander78
08-22-2006, 05:42 PM
I have a feeling these are fakes. (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29175&d=1156277173)

Link to spoiler rumor thread on www.mtgsalvation.com (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=47153)

quicksilver
08-22-2006, 05:46 PM
A link would hav been helpful so people had an idea of what the hell you are talking about.

I think this is it:
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=49092

Also that split second ability is really really creepy, since I had just actually come up with the same ability (not the keyword of course), but I was like, wow, wouldn;t it be cool to hav a card that says players can't play spells and non-mana abilities while this card is on the stack. I thought of it mainly because of solidarity just going off to anything you could possibly play.

to1701
08-22-2006, 05:47 PM
The list of known cards is being updated with those very cards.

Getsickanddie
08-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Damn, I almost want to buy a Scrye.....I'm pretty amped to see all these old abilities coming back. That said, they probably should have left storm on the bench.

to1701
08-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah , I should have included the link, but still I was more into discussing mechanics that could shake up the legacy meta. Anyway, I don't think these are fakes at all. It has simply been very odd that there has been only one known card in the set for this long. It seems to me the rumor mill was long overdue for some info. Usually , by this time, there are at least a dozen or so leaked cards for the first set in a block.

quicksilver
08-22-2006, 05:50 PM
I did hear a while back rumors that some future block they wanted the theme to be all the different keyword and theme abilities from older blocks. This looks like it may be it. Storm, morph, flashback...

Also the fetch land. Unfortunatly it puts the land into play tapped. May still see some play.

to1701
08-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Into play tapped, yeah, missed that, only good first turn, and not in Solidarity when you want to play Brainstorm. It may see play in anything color intensive.

quicksilver
08-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Also Today's Ask Wizards seems to help validate these leaks. The ask wizards deals with the topic of "What would you do if you printed some old abilities today". How very, very relevant.

iOWN
08-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Whoah, that Grapeshot kind of looks like a half-a Tendrils. Two mana, 1 Damage with Storm? It would really be strange to see a red Storm Combo pop up after all this time. (And it also functions as a cool little sweeper like Wing Shards...)

to1701
08-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah, we all know storm cards , ones that deal damage or manipulate your opponents library , can have the potential to impact the eternal formats for sure. It's just another stifle target for me.

Di
08-22-2006, 06:35 PM
That new storm card makes stuff like Desperate Ritual and Seething Song a helluva lot better.

And I bust a nut to split second. There BETTER be a card that makes Solidarity lose in this block or I will be PISSED.

tivadar
08-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Aww sweet, are they bringing back RAMPAGE???

Also, Grapeshot < Tendrils mainly because:

A. It's damage, not lose life
B. It's red, pro-red and worship = badness...

But still, it is cheaper, and provides a color alternative.

quicksilver
08-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Grapeshot also needs double the storm of tendrils. It needs more than brain freeze generally does. It still might see play though, would be much better if it was an instant.

They might bring back rampage, they might even have banding!

And I bust a nut to split second. There BETTER be a card that makes Solidarity lose in this block or I will be PISSED.
I agree completly with you there.

legacyplayer0
08-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Grapeshot could definitely be played in a tendrils deck, becuase it makes Meddling Mage so much worse.

iOWN
08-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Aww sweet, are they bringing back RAMPAGE???

Also, Grapeshot < Tendrils mainly because:

A. It's damage, not lose life
B. It's red, pro-red and worship = badness...

But still, it is cheaper, and provides a color alternative.

B. It's red, which means BURNING WISHBOARD! :smile:

Great Balls of Fire/ Burning Grapes:

4 Desperate Ritual
4 Seething Song
3 Grapeshot
4 Gamble

4 Lightning Bolt
4 Chain Lightning
4 Lava Dart

4 Burning Wish
(SB: 1 Regrowth, 1 Hull Breach, 1 Shattering Spree, 1 Recoup...and other unfairness.)

4 Chrome Mox
4 Lotus Petal
4 Land Grant
4 Taiga

8 Baubles

3 Recoup
2 Regrowth

Yum.

Caboose
08-22-2006, 07:13 PM
I plan on casting Quicken=>Grapeshot against Solidarity in casual games. :wink:

As for Split Second, well, WotC once again proves their fagginess. GG guys! :mad:

MasterBlaster
08-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Grapeshot could definitely be played in a tendrils deck, becuase it makes Meddling Mage so much worse.

As soon as I saw that the card was a sorcery my mind went straight to the thought of putting one in my Nausea sideboard as a wish target. I can't wait to try that evil little card out.

Moby Dick
08-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Hey, I finaly got my U/G fetchland. =/

to1701
08-22-2006, 08:43 PM
I plan on casting Quicken=>Grapeshot against Solidarity in casual games. :wink:

As for Split Second, well, WotC once again proves their fagginess. GG guys! :mad:

Why is gestapo fagginess? (SS) It seems like a great idea. I like the fact that if you really want to cast a spell, stop an ability, whatever, it WILL happen. Lets face it, a naturalize with that effect is not terrible, but that "destroy target artifact or enchantment" part is fairly vanilla. I don't think you will see a split second card with flashback, or could you?

Peter_Rotten
08-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Most importantly, Kobolds are back. Finally, Kobold Clamp will be viable!

Pinder
08-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm really intrigued by Krosan Grip, mainly the 'split second' ability. If I'm reading this right, that makes it an uncounterable Naturalize. I'd pony up the extra mana for that. Of course, it'll still get countered by Chalice, but who sets a chalice at 3? I sort of think they should have named the mechanic 'Interrupt', just because that's totally what this is (I mean, a spell you can't respond to? Yeah).

Grapeshot looks promising. It's waaay better than Scattershot at least.

And the omni-fetchland is the bees knees, no matter what anyone says. Just look at the art! So....beautiful.....

And I think it's great that they're bringing back all the old mechanics. So far it looks like it's just Oddessey/Onslaught (flashback, morph, storm), but I really hope they go farther than that. There have been tons of times where I thought, 'man, I wish there was a card with <insert keyword ability here> that worked like this...too bad it won't ever come back now that it's printed'.

I'm just looking for a card with Scry 3, or 4 even. It would be great.

This just made my day :laugh:.

Brushwagg
08-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Kobold Clamp will be viable

Not even with Clamp legal.

As far as Split Second or whatever the hell you want to call it, it's the same as "Can't be Countered by spells or effects". Looks like they just made it into a keyword. Who cares, I highly doubt anything really good is going to printed with this on it.

As far as bringing back the old keywords that's cool. I would really like to see some new Madness and Theshold stuff.

Bryant Cook
08-22-2006, 10:11 PM
I want a card that's 1U or even 1UU, Storm. Draw a card. Or R, Storm. Deal 1 or 2.

quicksilver
08-22-2006, 10:23 PM

As far as Split Second or whatever the hell you want to call it, it's the same as "Can't be Countered by spells or effects". Looks like they just made it into a keyword. Who cares, I highly doubt anything really good is going to printed with this on it.

No it is not the same as can't be countered it is better. Have you not played against one of the best decks in the format which essentially does everything in response to what you do, the deck is all instants! I know personally I have gotten quite tired of playing a spell and then solidarity winning in response without even bothering to counter it, they just never let it resolve. I really hope that they have a good card with split second on it that stops solidarity. Because that is the problem with solidarity, no matter what you play, no matter how devistating, and even if it was uncounterable, solidarity can simply win in response and never let your fucking spell resolve.

Lego
08-22-2006, 10:49 PM
The reason SS is better than "Can't be countered" is that your opponent can't respond to it at all. A Lightning Bolt with SS, for instance, could be cast on a Goblin Welder who could then not weld anything in before he died. It has the potential to be way too powerful, so I don't expect anything aggressively costed with the keyword.

MasterBlaster
08-22-2006, 10:56 PM
A Lightning Bolt with SS, for instance, could be cast on a Goblin Welder who could then not weld anything in before he died. It has the potential to be way too powerful, so I don't expect anything aggressively costed with the keyword.

A SS Shock would be good enough for me.

Would that be too broken in Standard?

troopatroop
08-22-2006, 10:59 PM
I want a card that's 1U or even 1UU, Storm. Draw a card. Or R, Storm. Deal 1 or 2.

Yes Bryant. A card that says...

R

Deal 2 damage to target opponent

Storm

...would be fair. Thats basically a rediculous tendrils.

dontbiteitholmes
08-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Yes Bryant. A card that says...

R

Deal 2 damage to target opponent

Storm

...would be fair. Thats basically a rediculous tendrils.
A Shock with SS would be...
R
Deal 2 Damage to target creature or player, As long as this is on the stack non-mana spells/abilities can't be played.

I'd say that's not going to happen, either it could be overcosted or only target creatures and still probobaly cost atleast 2.

Ridiculous Hat
08-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Split Second is their way of reprinting interrupts.

AngryTroll
08-23-2006, 12:09 AM
Man, I am really, really looking forward to this block. More then Ravnica. Way more then Coldsnap. Bring on the good old days! I like the feel we have now...Ravnica was like Invasion, but with a modern twist. Then Coldsnap was Ice Age, again, modernized. I like that this covers a ton of old stuff, not just one block. Merfolk! Yes! Time to go dust off the Lords of Atlantis.

Madness and Threshold! Where are the Wild Mongrels hiding?

Eldariel
08-23-2006, 07:35 AM
Heh, I thought of the same mechanic ("Swift" "This spell doesn't use the stack."), seems like it's fairly intuitive. Nice to see it getting printed. I find my version more elegant though. And Merfolk are back (Lord of Atlantis finally getting its errata?) and most importantly, KOBOLDS! Seems like majority of the mechanics thus far are from Onslaught/Odyssey though. And red storm-card that doesn't cost 9 seems pretty good. Could be actually usable.

Elfrago
08-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Interrupts are back.

And this makes them uncaunterable too!
Pretty BAD!

bigbear102
08-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Yeah, no more Aluren winning in response to Naturalize, EVER!!!! I know you guys were getting scared of Aluren... I guess we'll all be safe now.

quicksilver
08-23-2006, 09:52 AM
That split second naturalize also seems like it will be fairly powerful against scepter chant. Since they have no way to stop you from destroying the scepter. Also running it in survival decks, or at least in the board seems good. Becuase with that thresh decks can't let survival resolve even if they got a needle out on it already. It also is very good against survival since they can't go tutor up a witness in respone to you destroying it. I am really very pleased with the split second ability. Most of all because it was preveiwed on a green card. That seems like an ability wizards might only give to blue, but I'm glad they are printing it on cards that are enemy colors of blue (because this ability hoses blue the most). I think split second it a wonderful ability and it really stops so many things, so many things are broken in this format cause your opponent can do stuff in response, it really will help keep power levels in check.

Lukas Preuss
08-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Argh, I already hate Split Second. :(

Solidarity is not overpowered... It's a decent combo deck. I hope they won't print any unfair Split Second spells that makes Solidarity unviable... :(

quicksilver
08-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Argh, I already hate Split Second. :(

Solidarity is not overpowered... It's a decent combo deck. I hope they won't print any unfair Split Second spells that makes Solidarity unviable... :(

You have no idea how much I want them to do so.

PunkRocker1134
08-23-2006, 10:39 AM
what do you guys think about this new ability Suspend? and Lotus Bloom, its like Black Lotus, but it comes out three turns later. It just seems interesting.

to1701
08-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Yes, killing scepter is going to be ,well, easy, with an uncounterable kill, and with activated abilities being squashed type card being around. The question is , what are the other colors going to get? Red, very likely a dd spell. We know green is getting a destroy card, black will likely get a destroy card. White will get a prevent damage card, or a put tokens into play sorcery, blue will get a sorcery speed card draw. The rarity will be interesting as well. The green one is uncommon. Naturalize is a common. Is it just that much better?

to1701
08-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Where did you get this info on this keyword and this "lotus" type card?
(A link would be nice) Forget it, found it, HOLY CRAP a new lotus. Mind is churning how to abuse that card, second sunrise sounds really good.

SpatulaOfTheAges
08-23-2006, 10:59 AM
If they print any reasonably cheap white Split Second card I'll be happy. Abeyance + Split Second mid-combo? Eat it, Mike Herbig, and find it delicious.

Ewokslayer
08-23-2006, 11:13 AM
If they print any reasonably cheap white Split Second card I'll be happy. Abeyance + Split Second mid-combo? Eat it, Mike Herbig, and find it delicious.

I very much doubt that the white split card will be an abeyance/chant effect.

SpatulaOfTheAges
08-23-2006, 12:13 PM
I very much doubt that the white split card will be an abeyance/chant effect.

That would be sweet.

But what I meant was 1st cast Abeyance, then cast [white split second card].

URABAHN
08-23-2006, 12:18 PM
That would be sweet.

But what I meant was 1st cast Abeyance, then cast [white split second card].

Don't start creaming your pants over Split Second at the Solidarity hoser just yet.

Using your above example, someone would respond in game by saying, "Ok, your White Split Second card resolves. Now I go off in your face while Abeyance is on the stack."

Lego Army Man and Ridiculous Hat have it right, it's like Interrupt. Just let it resolve and Solidarity goes about it's business.

M.Maddox
08-23-2006, 01:15 PM

Because if it was, this mechanic would be total bullshit - as in, WAY too good.

Parcher
08-23-2006, 06:28 PM
I think every Thresh player should be drooling right about now. Thresh already beats Solidarity, so it doesn't need a new interrupt counterspell. What Thresh loses to is...(Mr. Elgin?), that's right; Pernicious Deed. Krosan Grip in the side instead of Naturalize says, "Deed This!". Piggies and 'Dozers are trembling in fear.

Mr. Nipples
08-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Piggies and 'Dozers are trembling in fear.
I believe you've confused Elgins. IBA is the one that makes decks like Train Wreck and Truffle Shuffle.

Parcher
08-23-2006, 06:57 PM
No. Though IBA fears nothing, he was the one the comment was directed at, in a rhetorical way. Spat plays Survival more than Thresh anyway. Though nuking Survival before they can activate it is good times as well.

Mr. Nipples
08-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Ok. I just figured your comment was directed toward Spat since he had posted in the thread.

dontbiteitholmes
08-23-2006, 07:27 PM
I think every Thresh player should be drooling right about now. Thresh already beats Solidarity, so it doesn't need a new interrupt counterspell. What Thresh loses to is...(Mr. Elgin?), that's right; Pernicious Deed. Krosan Grip in the side instead of Naturalize says, "Deed This!". Piggies and 'Dozers are trembling in fear.

Ummm I think if IBA has any opinion on this card he is like, "Fucking Sweet". Having played a Legacy deck with Deed in it before I can say not much sucks more then having some douche-bag Needle your Deed then having to destroy it before Deed works again through Counterspell backup. Enter Grip... Now you have an uncounterable Naturalize for Needle. So you can play Deed and activate it before passing priority still (usually turn 4-5 against Thresh) with the downside being that they can now Naturalize your Top and you can't pass priority with Deed in play and expect to activate it in response to problems. On a related note this seems that it will make green a more popular splash in Goblins which should make IBA happy since Armageddon can tend to suck for him.
Perhaps we should ask him.

EDIT-

so I don't expect anything aggressively costed with the keyword.
You mean like a 3 mana Naturalize. I would say we already have an aggressively costed SS card.

Parcher
08-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Yeah, you're right for the most part. The problem I have had is more when it's later in the game, and I have less countermagic due to exhaustion and discard. This is when these decks actually have enough mana to play and activate Deed in the same turn. Having an extra answer in addition to Needle seems like it would help. I've never seen Wreck or Truffle use Naturalize to begin with, so I've never had to deal with countering it on a Needle. Still, if they Grip Needle, untap, and play Deed, you can counter it just as easily, as they have left your hand untouched for at least two turns.

EDIT: Frigging Survival runs Naturalize in the sideboard. This will make Needle much less frightening for them. Poop.:(

CavernNinja
08-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Don't start creaming your pants over Split Second at the Solidarity hoser just yet.

Using your above example, someone would respond in game by saying, "Ok, your White Split Second card resolves. Now I go off in your face while Abeyance is on the stack."

Lego Army Man and Ridiculous Hat have it right, it's like Interrupt. Just let it resolve and Solidarity goes about it's business.

No can do sir. You cast Abeyance and before passing priority play the split second card. Abeyance resolves first then the other thing and the solidarity player never has a chance.

quicksilver
08-24-2006, 10:47 AM
No can do sir. You cast Abeyance and before passing priority play the split second card. Abeyance resolves first then the other thing and the solidarity player never has a chance.

What?! That's not how the stack works. If you play abayence then you play the split second card, the split second card resolves before abayance, then your opponent can do stuff with abayance on the stack. The only way split second affect solidarity, is if the split second card itself has an impact on solidarity.

And I am not gushing over the ability hosing solidarity because of comboing with abayence (which it doesn't), I am gushing over the ability in hopes that they are printing a card with split second that crushes solidarity. I'm not gushing over a card, just the hopes of a card, that is how much I want to see it.

play nice---frogboy

CavernNinja
08-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Haha, I sucks!

quicksilver
08-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Quicksilver fucking LIVES on this site.

Oh come on that was a full 8 minutes after his post, 8 MINUTES! That is slow as balls for me. Yuo had plenty of time to beat me too it.

Pinder
08-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Aside from the Split Second ability, I noticed something else on Krosan Grip that I found intriguing. The flavor text. The quote is contributed to a Kamahlite druid. At first I thought this was just another race that Wizards thought up, but then I realized it was based on the name Kamahl. He has his own druids now! I wonder if other orders of people developed from Onslaught block legends. I can't wait to see Ixidorans, Phagites, and Akromanauts running around :laugh:! In all seriousness though, this nostalgia rocks my fucking socks.

I hope they bring back slivers. Again :D.

Rastadon
08-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Have no fear, they do.

I am so psyched that Green is finally getting some new tools. It's the most under appreciated color and it's about time Wizards gave 'em a solid boost.

Whit3 Ghost
08-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Have no fear, they do.

I am so psyched that Green is finally getting some new tools. It's the most under appreciated color and it's about time Wizards gave 'em a solid boost.
Hell, I just want something in Green with SS that ruins solidarity so I can play Trainwreck.

Pinder
08-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Wow, seems everyone in here hates Solidarity. Not without good reason, but still.

@Rastadon: Are there slivers in the spoiler? You're sure they're bringing them back?

Lego
08-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Okay, let's face it guys, when Solidarity goes away, people will just start playing Iggy Pop. So what we really need is a Split Second card that reads something like, "For the rest of the game, treat cards with Storm as if they didn't have it" then we're all set, no?

M.Maddox
08-25-2006, 01:23 AM
Storm blows. Hard.

I wanna see Invasion era nostalgia!!

quicksilver
08-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Okay, let's face it guys, when Solidarity goes away, people will just start playing Iggy Pop. So what we really need is a Split Second card that reads something like, "For the rest of the game, treat cards with Storm as if they didn't have it" then we're all set, no?

I liked my idea of "if your opponent played 5 or more spells this turn, you win the game" with split second. It would be a dead card against most decks except storm.

Pinder
08-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Might also win against Affinity.

Rastadon
08-25-2006, 05:51 PM
There was sliver art at Gencon, so yeah, it's definetly back. See for yourself.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=46922

Lego
08-26-2006, 02:57 AM
There was sliver art at Gencon, so yeah, it's definetly back. See for yourself.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=46922

Plus, one of the precons is named Sliver Evolution, so that's a pretty good guess. (The others are Fun with Fungus, Hope's Crusaders, and Reality Fracture)

I'm excited about the Rack Doll.
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27956&d=1155342896

Whit3 Ghost
08-26-2006, 10:27 AM
I liked my idea of "if your opponent played 5 or more spells this turn, you win the game" with split second. It would be a dead card against most decks except storm.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the only card to be banned in Vintage for power reansons

Pinder
08-26-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm sooo glad they're bringing Slivers back. I stopped playing just in time to miss Slivers the first time around, and came back just in time to have an affair with the Legions Slivers. My deck sucked, but Slivers will always have a special place in my heart.

I'm also excited about the return of flashback. I hope they print some tech for Friggorid (flashback artifact destruction, anyone? Wizards, you listening?)

EDIT: To me, this picture (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27954&d=1155342825) looks like Lava Axe. I hope it isn't, but it does bear a resemblance.

M.Maddox
08-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech for solidarity = blah.

MasterBlaster
08-26-2006, 11:33 PM
EDIT: To me, this picture (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27954&d=1155342825) looks like Lava Axe. I hope it isn't, but it does bear a resemblance.

It looks more like red lightning than lava.

DeathwingZERO
08-27-2006, 12:54 AM
In case nobody found out yet, all abilities with the exception of Banding, Rampage, and Horsemanship, are to show up in the block in some way. This was given to me by a friend who is an acquaintance of Rancored_Elf.

Lukas Preuss
08-27-2006, 04:29 AM
In case nobody found out yet, all abilities with the exception of Banding, Rampage, and Horsemanship, are to show up in the block in some way. This was given to me by a friend who is an acquaintance of Rancored_Elf.

Yeah, heard that, too. I really want a storm spell with buyback... :)

deadlock
08-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah, heard that, too. I really want a storm spell with buyback... :)

Remand, anyone? :tongue:

Concerning Krosan Grip, finally its save to unban Necro / Replenish
Needle and this will keep the enchantment driven combos in check. :laugh:
I am seriously bored by the fact that nearly every combodeck abuses storm nowadays and this comes from someone who LOVES combo.

So far..

Drathro
08-28-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm hoping for a cycle of 2cc enemy color pair slivers sometime in the block. That would be sweet!

to1701
08-28-2006, 04:34 PM
It would be almost confirmed, the Orb of Insight is pointing to 10 cards with Split Second, likely 1 uncommon and 1 rare per color. I gotta guess that at least one of the cards will have an impact in legacy.

quicksilver
08-28-2006, 04:37 PM
It would be almost confirmed, the Orb of Insight is pointing to 10 cards with Split Second, likely 1 uncommon and 1 rare per color. I gotta guess that at least one of the cards will have an impact in legacy.

I think the naturalize one will have an impact on legacy. It won't break it or change the meta game, but I think it wil see a fair amount of play, despite Anwar's lack of respect for it because it doesn't stop combo, thus making it terrible to him.

JeremM
08-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Blue might get something akin to Last Word, but with Split Second. Of course, it'll probably cost 3UU and therefore absolutely worthless in stopping dear-God-don't-let-the-stack-clear Solidarity antics.

dontbiteitholmes
08-28-2006, 05:12 PM
My dreams look like this...
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6776/ultimatumss3.jpg
I mean why not right? Can control not scoop to Storm combo plz?

quicksilver
08-31-2006, 02:50 PM
There are some more preview cards on mtgsalvation.

http://mtgsalvation.com/spoiler/time-spiral/

Including Urza's Factory! More Assembly workers!!! Too bad it sucks major balls.

Oh and we found out the power card with buy back!
It's time walk with buyback!! Let's take infinate turns. Oh wait, I have to sacrfice three lands a turn for this, well maybe turbo land or 43 land.deck will like it.

And a suspend sorcery. Target it at a darksteel collossus and that is game over, too bad the colossus will kill you before the suspened 5 wears off. Go Go 7th turn removal!

The night looks fairly decent. A 2/2 flanking for 2 that your opponent has to spend 2 mana when it dies or else it doesn't die.

tivadar
08-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Wipe Away 1uu
Instant
Split Second (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't play spells or activated abilities that aren't mana abilities.)
Return target permanent to its owner's hand.

So instead of getting a card that nails solidarity with split second, we get one that helps it? Goodbye mister meddling with protection from Mother, goodbye mister arcane lab with counter backup! Alas, we knew ye well...

But in all seriousness, are they serious??

Watcher487
08-31-2006, 03:37 PM
So instead of getting a card that nails solidarity with split second, we get one that helps it? Goodbye mister meddling with protection from Mother, goodbye mister arcane lab with counter backup! Alas, we knew ye well...

But in all seriousness, are they serious??

Come on this is Wizards that we are talking about. The place that doesn't build or even test for Eternal Formats... Just look at the screw up that the new Time Walk would be for this format, have they ever seen Turboland?

Whit3 Ghost
08-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Uh, you just counter the Cunning wish and use Mom in response to the Wish, not the spell.

Plus, we're still waiting for like 8 cards.

dontbiteitholmes
08-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Come on this is Wizards that we are talking about. The place that doesn't build or even test for Eternal Formats... Just look at the screw up that the new Time Walk would be for this format, have they ever seen Turboland?

Yeah sooo broken... all you need is 6 lands, 2 Explorations, a Crucible, and this card and you take infinite turns. [/SARCASM]
Seriously though its good and will probobaly be played but it's definitly not broken by any means.

CynicalSquirrel
08-31-2006, 07:19 PM
That buyback Time Walk could actually be really ridiculous in this format. Because obviously Life from the Loam decks didn't have enough broken tricks they could do. This one really ices it. It wouldn't surprise me if some Loam deck ran one copy of it just for those late game Loam locks where they have multiple Explorations out.

Peter_Rotten
09-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Please continue Spoiler discussion HERE (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4126&page=3).