PDA

View Full Version : 9/24/06 Beta Sinkhole Tournament Dragon's Lair W.Springfield Ma.

TheDragonsLair
09-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Date: Sunday OCTOBER 1st
Start Time: 12:30PM Registration begins at 12:00 PM
Type: Legacy (1.5) Cost: $5.00 YES only $5.00
Minimum of 12 People
Where: 683 Westfield ST
West Springfield MA 01089
(413) 731-7237
1st place: 2 BETA Sinkholes
2nd place: 1 Unlimited Berserk
3rd Place: 2 Fetch Lands TBD
This will be a 16K sanctioned event
We have enough room to hold 30 players Please be there by 12:00 PM to register. If you are running late please call the store.
We had 24 people show for the last big tournament we had.
Hope to see you there.

insertnamehere
09-05-2006, 06:03 AM
Sounds good. I'll be there.

Lego
09-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Anyone from Boston going to this? I need to round out my playset of Sinkholes, so if someone could give me a ride that'd be cool.

Alternatively, isn't there a commuter rail from Boston to W. Springfield, or am I just making that up? Is that just to Worcester, or am I making that up too? I'm new to the whole MA thing.

What a waste of your 1000th post... ~ Nightmare

EDIT: Wow, way to go me... I quit life :tongue:

scrumdogg
09-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Commuter rail ends at Worcester but Amtrak either goes directly from Boston or you can switch in Worcester (same station, same track). Alternatively, you might be able to hook up with some Worcesterite with a vehicle.....not me as I'll be working the Pre-Release.

Reverend Damaged
09-05-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm hoping I can be all over this, and this time top 8 without losing to Akroma/Animate Dead tricks.

insertnamehere
09-06-2006, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE=Lego_Army_Man;88221]Anyone from Boston going to this? I need to round out my playset of Sinkholes, so if someone could give me a ride that'd be cool.QUOTE]

Tividar may be coming up from Boston. If not I may be able to get you here (see me at the prerelease)

In regards to the prerelease we may push our tournament to the following week because of the pre-release.

See you there,
Bill

TheDragonsLair
09-10-2006, 02:02 PM
DATE CHANGE!!!!!!
The event will be moved to the 1st of OCTOBER due to the pre-release tournaments for TIme Spiral. All other information remains the same.

insertnamehere
09-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Attention everyone going to the CT. and MA Prerelease tournaments, Be on the look out for me because I have special flyers to be given out at both prereleases. Each flyer I give out (10 Total) will have an added bonus if you show up to our sinkhole tournament on Oct 01. Look for the big guy in the Dragon's Lair shirt. Mention this post to get the flyer:eek:
9/23 Boxboro, MA
9/24 Hartford, CT

Hope to see you there.
Bill

Void to players from Dragon's Lair and other Greater Springfield Shops:frown:

Ebinsugewa
09-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Yeah, prerelease and stuff. But good to see you moved the date back. Granted I could get the time off, I would consider going out there, because the prize support is top notch.

@LAM: Commuter rail indeed runs only to Worcester. We can try and work something out with you as soon as we get a total of people who actually have an interest in going.

@Flyers: What is the purpose of said object. If we ask for it, is there some sort of secret prize to be won? I like secret prizes.

insertnamehere
09-12-2006, 05:43 AM
Each flyer will have a coupon to be redeemed for something at the store. Kind of like a thank you for coming gift.

insertnamehere
09-15-2006, 07:08 AM
*Note*
Rumor has it that I mat be at the midnight madness on Friday in Boxboro. I have seen the coupons and I think they are some of the greatest coupons I have ever seen.

Later
Bill

insertnamehere
09-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Who plans on attending?

tivadar
09-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Hmm, I couldn't go this past weekend, didn't even realize the date had changed, but I'll be heading home this upcoming weekend entirely by coincidence. I'll have to try and drop by. Lego, if you can get yourself there, I can give you a ride back into Boston assuming I go, give me a day...

(Sorry for dropping off earth, real life...)

SillyMetalGAT
10-04-2006, 12:32 PM
So the Top 4 looked something like this:

GOBLINS
GOBLINS
Psychatog
Confinement Loam

Both Goblins decks completely ripped through the tournement as it seems everyone forgot their hate or something. Goblins even fought through the Confinement deck which maindecked 3 Humilities. I guess Goblins is still around and needs to be feared. Although, to give them credit, both Goblin players were EXETREMELY accomplished players. Congrats on the turnout too! we had quite a few cameos including InsertNameHere, Lego_Army_Man, Tividar, AoD, Bane_Of_The_Living, and myself. When will the next Dragons Lair tourney be? Can't wait to see the prizes. Maybe that Juzam Djinn sitting in the case???

TheDragonsLair
10-04-2006, 01:48 PM
The missing top 4 deck was a psychatog deck. Congratulations to Steve and his "Good Game Goblins" deck for taking first place.

As soon as I figure out what the next big tourny is I will post it.

Thanks to everyone that came out for the event.