PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Last Will and Testament

TheDarkshineKnight
09-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Soooooooo, last night, I was thinking about making a deck that could deal with a lot of shit, and so I came up with this in five minutes. Bear with me, folks.

Lands (19):

4 Island
4 Polluted Delta
4 Underground Sea
3 Swamp
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Flooded Strand

Creatures (19):

4 Dark Confidant
4 Dimir Cutpurse
4 Phyrexian Negator
4 Serendib Efreet
3 Kira, Great Glass Spinner

Non-Creature Spells (22):

4 Brainstorm
4 Dark Ritual
4 Duress
4 Force of Will
3 Psionic Blast
3 Stifle

Card Explanations:

Dark Confidant: It's card draw, and considering this deck isn't very fast, that's important.

Dimir Cutpurse: It's Hypnotic Ophdian Spectre. You get card advantage, and they lose card advantage. :)

Phyrexian Negator: It's stomps all over aggro. Sure, the drawback sucks, but PhyNeg kicks too much ass not to include.

Serendib Efreet: It's the best blue fattie other than Sea Drake. I would have chosen Sea Drake, but I didn't think the deck could handle the drawback.

Kira, Great Glass Spinner: It's protects your creatures, which means I can use my Force of Wills for more important things.

Brainstorm: Cheap card draw and deck stacking.

Dark Ritual: Not only does this let me get my black spells out quicker, but since a lot of my blue spells only use one blue mana and at least one colorless, it helps me fuel those as well.

Duress: It makes the opponent lose card advantage.

Force of Will: I have enough blue to support it, therefore, it's an auto-include.

Psionic Blast: It kills creatures and can hit the opponent directly. Plus, it's blue. What more do you want?

Stifle: It rapes the ungodly amounts of cards with activated abilities in this format.

Anyhoo, it's basically U/B aggro-control with the most bad-ass name of all time.

Any comments or critiques will be appreciated.

kirdape3
09-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Just looking at the list, you basically pray to whatever god you believe in to not face Goblins ever. AEther Vial, Goblin Lackey, even an Incinerator on a Negator would look to completely blow you out.

Koby
09-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Dark Ritual seems really weak in this deck. You might actually be better off with Withered Wretch instead. Even Umezawa's Jitte seems better in here too.

This looks similiar to a T2 build I've seen with Remand. In Legacy you can add Remand and/or Memory Lapse. Considering you have fairly fast clocks, Memory Lapse could be the deal breaker here.

legacyplayer0
09-01-2006, 06:19 PM
It seems like Phyrexian Negator goes against your general strategy, and would be much better as Hypnotic Spectre. My reasoning is that the rest of your deck is geared torward gaining card advantage and establishing control, while Negator is a strictly aggresive creature that gives your opponent card advantage at the price of life points, which seems entirely out of place in this otherwise slow deck. You also have three removal spells and yet you somehow expect Cutpurse to deal damage to your opponent. At least have some Darkblasts and Edicts, or maybe Vendetta if you want.

TheDarkshineKnight
09-01-2006, 06:58 PM
I put Kira in so as to protect my other creatures and allow them to actually deal some damage. I don't think the majority of people want to have to spend two removal spells to kill a single creature.

Anyhoo, you're probably right.

dakkon
09-01-2006, 07:50 PM
I like Kira and all but the problem with her (it's a her?) is that most your other creatures come down before she does. Also, she's bloody slow to bring out in your deck and you don't play enough control to survive long enough before you achieve your "lock".

MattH
09-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Everything in your deck cosst 3:

1. Petal would be good.
2. If not Petal, Vial maybe?
3. Confidant is going to hurt.

Alex_Van_R
09-02-2006, 03:59 PM
18 cards on your manacurve of 3 is too much. Try to stabilise somewhat. You only have BOB on CC 2. Bob will hurt a lot.