PDA

View Full Version : [Report] UGw Threshold @ Dragoncon

kabal
09-04-2006, 02:22 PM
I decided that I was only going to go to DragonCon this year to play in the $5 Legacy tournament that they had on Monday. I was wishing that I had been able to go to the TML Legacy tournament in CT over the weekend that sounded like it was allot of fun.

Anyhow, I didn’t have how hopes that the Legacy event at DragonCon would have big turnout since they decided to have the tournament on Monday. I still decided to make the 30min track to downtown Atlanta and make the best out of it. I get down there with 10mins to spare and see that there is a hand full of people waiting to sign up. There are two tournaments going on at 11A, the Legacy and a seal deck. It’s about half and half right now for each event. 30mins after it was suppose to start we are up to a whopping 6 people. Shortly after this, 2 people slated to play Legacy go over to the dark side and play sealed. After this disheartening news, I decide to get out as well and pick up a casual game with a guy from GA State. I only end up playing 1 game of casual since I ended up calling my wife 10mins before and told her that I was coming home due to lack of turnout so we could go out.

I forgot the guy’s name (I apologize if you read this), but he was playing Rw Goblins w/ Lightning bolts.

Kabal playing UGw Threshold

1 Forest
2 Island
1 Plains
4 Flooded Strand
4 Tropical Island
3 Tundra
3 Windswept Heath

3 Meddling Mage
2 Mystic Enforcer
4 Nimble Mongoose
4 Werebear

4 Brainstorm
2 Counterspell
4 Daze
2 Impulse
3 Mental Note
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Force of Will
4 Serum Visions

2 Pithing Needle

SB: 2 Armageddon
SB: 4 Blue Elemental Blast
SB: 2 Engineered Explosives
SB: 2 Jötun Grunt
SB: 2 Naturalize
SB: 3 Tormod's Crypt

He wins the roll and plays first. He goings fetch to mountain then Vial. Hurray, he is playing Goblins. I just got done playing Goblins the night before a few times and was not really pumped to play them again. Oh well, a game is a game and its time to have fun. A few turns him wasting my lands and me countering we both end up close to single digits with me having a werebear and him with piledriver matron and ringleader. He had just vialed into play the ringleader only grabbing a piledriver from the revealed cards. It was his main phase; he just played the ringleader off of the vial and decided to cast his second driver with one land left untapped. He attacks, I blocked with ringleader letting the rest through, then he attempts to bolt the bear, and I daze it. This is where it turns ugly for him. Next turn I cast a goose and proceed to beat him down. That was the unfortunate thing for him, getting a horrible reveal from the ringleader and not casting that piledriver during his second main phase.