PDA

View Full Version : [Announcement] Eudemonia Legacy League Tournaments start Sept. 17

Aggro_zombies
09-05-2006, 03:36 AM
For those of you who are reasonably close to the Berkeley, CA area, Eudemonia is holding its first Legacy League tournament of the fall on Sunday, September 17. This is a sanctioned event that will run Swiss style. The entrance fee is $12 and registration begins at 11:00 am, with the tournament (supposedly...) starting at noon. Not much word on the prize structure yet (usually varies with attendence) but I do know that the winner will be walking out of the store with an extra $100 cash prize in their pocket. As usual, Legacy League points will be awarded based on your performance in the tournament - one point for each match won, no points for ties or losses. Points can be traded in for cards. I don't remember off the top of my head what all the choices were, but I know there's a Psionic Blast and a Wasteland involved.

So...anyone else going (or trying to go) to this?

This is the store's website: https://www.eudemonia.net/

throst54
09-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Im going to try and go if i can get my friend to come so I'll have a ride.

Do you know what the meta is like there?

jamest
09-07-2006, 10:47 PM
They post the top 4 standings of their previous Legacy tournaments in the site's forum so that should give you a pretty good idea what's out there.

throst54
09-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Those, while they help somewhat, are from almost a year ago--so any recent assesment of the metagame would be greatly appreciated.

Aggro_zombies
09-08-2006, 02:09 AM
The metagame seems to consist of lots of Tron, plus some Ghost Husk and Snakes. In other words, no one around here has been playing Legacy recently, they've all been playing type 2. Therefore, I think it's safe to say that the meta will at least start out the way it ended last time around - lots of Goblins, lots of shitty non-AS white weenie, a bad Solidarity player (if he shows up) and some random control decks that try to beat Goblins but lose to everything else. But for the most part, expect the little red men in droves. Me, I'm going to be playing my pet project, which should do well.