3 Jitte

Sideboard:
4 Duress
3 Perish
2 Withered Wretch
2 Attrition
2 Virtue's Ruin
2 Phyrexian Reclaimation
I built the deck because I wanted a mono black aggro deck that had a consistant win ratio and good mana base.

Vial cheat's my creatures into play.
Dark Ritual gets me turn 1 Hyppie, or Negator.
Negator is good maindeck in my non red meta.
Jitte makes up for life lost.
Contamination locks my opponent's mana while I beat them down with fast creatures.
Oversold Cemetery keeps the Contamination lock down, but they are both good by themselves.
Mishra's Factory is aslo amazing with contamination
Dark Confidant, drawing 2 cards a turn FTW
Carnophage and Carrion Feeder are neccesary and efficient 1 drops.
Hypnotic Specter: always good in black aggro
Withered Wretch improves the Gro matchup

Matchups:
Haven't had that much time to test all of my matchups, but with the games I have played, it looks promising. I am hoping to get some feedback on this, and maybe some more testing on MWS.
AoD

Alfred
09-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Mana base:
14 Swamp
4 Mishra's Factory
2 Unholy Grotto

Creatures:
4 Carnophage
4 Carrion Feeder
4 Phyrexian Negator
4 Dark Confidant
3 Hypnotic Specter
2 Withered Wretch

Other spells:
4 Dark Ritual
4 Aether Vial
4 Contamination
4 Oversold Cemetery
3 Jitte

Sideboard:
4 Duress
3 Perish
2 Withered Wretch
2 Attrition
2 Virtue's Ruin
2 Phyrexian Reclaimation
I built the deck because I wanted a mono black aggro deck that had a consistant win ratio and good mana base.

Vial cheat's my creatures into play.
Dark Ritual gets me turn 1 Hyppie, or Negator.
Negator is good maindeck in my non red meta.
Jitte makes up for life lost.
Contamination locks my opponent's mana while I beat them down with fast creatures.
Oversold Cemetery keeps the Contamination lock down, but they are both good by themselves.
Mishra's Factory is aslo amazing with contamination
Dark Confidant, drawing 2 cards a turn FTW
Carnophage and Carrion Feeder are neccesary and efficient 1 drops.
Hypnotic Specter: always good in black aggro
Withered Wretch improves the Gro matchup

Matchups:
Haven't had that much time to test all of my matchups, but with the games I have played, it looks promising. I am hoping to get some feedback on this, and maybe some more testing on MWS.
AoD

Your plan against Combo is to race I'm assuming? First turn Negator, followed by some beats seems like this is possible, but also unlikely. Have you thought of moving some of the disruption to the maindeck? Perhaps over and above some of the creatures.

Also, I'm sensing weakness against Goblins. Jitte is good, but apart from that, you don't have much in the way of stopping the green horde. I would suggest Engineered Plague in the Sideboard to improve this matchup.

Angel of Despair
09-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Your plan against Combo is to race I'm assuming? First turn Negator, followed by some beats seems like this is possible, but also unlikely. Have you thought of moving some of the disruption to the maindeck? Perhaps over and above some of the creatures.

Also, I'm sensing weakness against Goblins. Jitte is good, but apart from that, you don't have much in the way of stopping the green horde. I would suggest Engineered Plague in the Sideboard to improve this matchup.

The reason I run Negator is to help race combo obviously. But Contamination makes it difficult for a combo player to win sometimes. One thing that I should make more clear is that I dont have much combo in my meta and little enough gobs to make Jitte and Cemetery enough for them. My meta isnt very focused, I dont know what Ill face each week.

Tao
09-06-2006, 03:34 PM
With Vial, Contagion and Ritual you have 12 cards that make card disadvantage just to play out your spells. Isn't that too much?

I would take out Vial.

You could either play some Disruption like Duress and Cabal Therapy that protects your important cards. Or you could just raise the cretaure count. I would love to see Rotlung Reanimator in some decks, in this he has many synergies with Cemetary, Contamination and Withered Wretch.

Angel of Despair
09-06-2006, 03:47 PM
I was actually considering putting Rotlung in here. I will test with it in place of Vial..but I only have 2 copies of it, What would you suggest for the other 2 slots?

nitewolf9
09-06-2006, 04:10 PM
I had a similar deck to this, but it ran a cleric engine with oversold cemetary/rotlung reanimator. Confidant is good in it as well, so here's a list:

Creatures: 18
4x Dark Supplicant
4x Withered Wretch
4x Rotlung Reanimator
4x Dark Confidant (could be grave defiler)
1x Scion of Darkness

Spells: 18
4x Duress
4x Hymn to tourach
3x Umezawa's Jitte
1x Sword of Fire and Ice
4x Diabolic Edict
2x Oversold Cemetery

Mana: 25
3x Chrome Mox
4x Dark Ritual
4x Wasteland
4x Rishadan Port
10x Swamp

Sideboard: 15
4x Engineered Plague
4x Dystopia
3x Cabal Therapy
2x Pithing Needle
2x Darkblast

Bane of the Living
09-06-2006, 04:14 PM
With Vial, Contagion and Ritual you have 12 cards that make card disadvantage just to play out your spells. Isn't that too much?

I would take out Vial.

You could either play some Disruption like Duress and Cabal Therapy that protects your important cards. Or you could just raise the cretaure count. I would love to see Rotlung Reanimator in some decks, in this he has many synergies with Cemetary, Contamination and Withered Wretch.

Vial isnt card disadvantage, you pay for it and it stays in play. Making itself more than worth its weight in cardboard in only a turn. She doesnt play Contagion so I think your refering to Contamination. Dark Confidant is there to help keep up with the upkeep cost, as is Cemetery. Infact the synergy bewteen Aether Vial and Cemetery is about equal to Vial and SotF. Only you dont pay mana to return creatures.

Angel of Despair
09-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Vial isnt card disadvantage, you pay for it and it stays in play. Making itself more than worth its weight in cardboard in only a turn. She doesnt play Contagion so I think your refering to Contamination. Dark Confidant is there to help keep up with the upkeep cost, as is Cemetery. Infact the synergy bewteen Aether Vial and Cemetery is about equal to Vial and SotF. Only you dont pay mana to return creatures.

So I should keep it in? I can't say that I hate uncounterable creatures. To play an extra one that i don't have to pay for is pretty cool too. So now I am at square 1... and I do not know what to cut... Let me start with things I am also considering with this deck

Rotlung Reanimator
Zombie Infestation
Phyrexian Reclamation
Oath of Ghouls
Cabal Archon

I also think it might be worth it to put Duress maindeck
Comments?

Cavius The Great
09-06-2006, 04:49 PM
I was actually considering putting Rotlung in here. I will test with it in place of Vial..but I only have 2 copies of it, What would you suggest for the other 2 slots?

Then just buy two more Rotlung Reanimator, they're like a .50 cent rare. :tongue:

scrumdogg
09-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Contamination is an awesome card, but black based combo doesn't care about it & you have zero ways other than Turn 1 Swamp-Ritual-Hyppie to protect it vs. blue based combo. That makes no sense to me, at all. Vial is amazing, especially with Oath/Cemetary/Grotto, as it turns your 'disadvantage' into a moot point. Sac, get something back, play it for free seems some good to me...

Angel of Despair
09-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Contamination is an awesome card, but black based combo doesn't care about it & you have zero ways other than Turn 1 Swamp-Ritual-Hyppie to protect it vs. blue based combo. That makes no sense to me, at all. Vial is amazing, especially with Oath/Cemetary/Grotto, as it turns your 'disadvantage' into a moot point. Sac, get something back, play it for free seems some good to me...

Ok, so the question for me is...Cabal Therapy or Duress? Is it better to see the opponents hand first, or rip 2 cards? Also, can anybody suggest any other black anti-combo cards?
Thanks
AoD

MasterBlaster
09-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Also, can anybody suggest any other black anti-combo cards?
Thanks
AoD

Hymn to Tourach is always a good card. Double black might be a little hard to get reliably with only 14 swamps.

scrumdogg
09-07-2006, 12:15 AM
14 is a bit low for BB Turn 2, but since this deck can't recur Mishra's Factories, unlike every other 'creature' in the deck, it would make sense to either cut them entirely or at at least cut them down to 2x & 2x Swamps. Hymn is a no-brainer & good against everything, Duress vs. Cabal Therapy comes down to several factors A) what is played in your meta - you state random, but more aggro or or control or combo? Therapy is more for the aggro end of the spectrum, Duress for the combo/control end B) how comfortable you are naming cards off Therapy. If you are at sea vs. most decks, having no clue what to name, Dureess is much better for you, although either Therapies or Cranials belong in the sideboard to augment your combo/control matchups. Hope this helps, also, why not Wretch maindeck? He is so good versus so many different decks & a bear at worst, which is NOT a drawback.

Angel of Despair
09-07-2006, 12:37 AM
14 is a bit low for BB Turn 2, but since this deck can't recur Mishra's Factories, unlike every other 'creature' in the deck, it would make sense to either cut them entirely or at at least cut them down to 2x & 2x Swamps. Hymn is a no-brainer & good against everything, Duress vs. Cabal Therapy comes down to several factors A) what is played in your meta - you state random, but more aggro or or control or combo? Therapy is more for the aggro end of the spectrum, Duress for the combo/control end B) how comfortable you are naming cards off Therapy. If you are at sea vs. most decks, having no clue what to name, Dureess is much better for you, although either Therapies or Cranials belong in the sideboard to augment your combo/control matchups. Hope this helps, also, why not Wretch maindeck? He is so good versus so many different decks & a bear at worst, which is NOT a drawback.
I have 2 Wretch maindeck, and 2 sideboard. I would like to put Hymn maindeck..but I don't know what to cut. I also want to put Oath of Ghouls in my maindeck and Duress..because that's what would work in my Meta. It is a mostly control/combo meta. What would you cut?
~AoD

scrumdogg
09-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Control? Or aggro-control? Because if it is true control, you could sideboard the Jittes, believe it or not. Carnophage is fast but ultimately ignorable, it would be better as Hyppie #4, Wretches #3-4, and Hymn #1. Jitte to the side gives you Hymn #2-4. -2 Factory, + 2 Swamp, -4 Cemetary, +3 Oath (you can activate it quicker than Cemetary & control/combo doesn't have the conditions to use it anyway....also, you want to cast creatures first, meaning you can get away with 3) +1 Duress. Here's where it gets trickey, -1 Contamination (see reasoning behind Cemetary/Oath - you don't want or need it in opening hand) -1 Feeder (1cc drop admittedly but more of a late game combo piece withGrotto/Oath/Contamination) + Duress # 2-3. Sideboard is where your aggro & aggro-control hate lies, although you have a decent maindeck versus them anyway.

Clark Kant
09-07-2006, 04:50 PM
If you cut Vial for a creature, have you thought about Priest of Gix.

He's free to cast and recast ad infineium.

Once you get three creatures in your yard, you can keep saccing Gix to Contamination and recasting it while playing out the rest of your hand.

Also Ritual + Gix + Negator is a three turn clock.

Anyways though, 2 card combos are tricky to pull off.

Angel of Despair
09-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Well I have been doing more testing, and I also made room for Hymn, which made my combo matchup AMAZING. I beat Solidarity to the ground, while it cried and twitched. I added one more MD wretch, which helped with the Gro match-up. I also took out the perish in the sideboard for Crypt's. I haven't tested my Gro matchup again yet, but I bet it is better. I beat Loam Assault pretty easy too...And so far that is all my testing..
AoD

EDIT:
I brought the Swamps up to 16 and went to 2Mishra 2Grotto. I also cut the 4th Contamination

scrumdogg
09-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Well I have been doing more testing, and I also made room for Hymn, which made my combo matchup AMAZING. I beat Solidarity to the ground, while it cried and twitched. I added one more MD wretch, which helped with the Gro match-up. I also took out the perish in the sideboard for Crypt's. I haven't tested my Gro matchup again yet, but I bet it is better. I beat Loam Assault pretty easy too...And so far that is all my testing..
AoD

So far, so good :) Solidarity twitching & crying is a pleasing image, as is Gro being stomped. Crypt belongs in every board & while Perish is good, Crypt helps you versus more decks (Iggy, SotF, Salvager Game, Reanimator, etc). Crypt also means that oath works for you & not your opponent, which can be important until you get a Wretch online.

Bane of the Living
09-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Al what cards did Justin play in his Legacy port of Ghost Husk? Anything that can help Contamination out? Is Promise of Bundrai worth splash? Probably not..

SillyMetalGAT
09-08-2006, 09:02 PM
I played against AoD today with Berserk Affinity and I must say, this deck can shell out quite an ass whoopin! MY only suggestion for this deck is the use of Sarcomancy. Sarcomancy would be a very viable 1st turn drop. With all the zombies in this deck and such, the drawback isn't too bad at all.

EDIT: Compliments on the deck name too Jess, the game kicks ass!

scrumdogg
09-09-2006, 01:30 AM
Justin gave up that attempt after the one tournament so I'm not completely sure. Although the deck idea has serious merit since you can play twice as many Husk critters & Legacy has an asston of good token generation. It doesn't seem to fit this deck, however, since mono-black is a huge strength of the deck & tokens don't come back via Oath. I'm not sure more one drops are needed, especially ones without serious upsides, but if you do go that route Sarcomancy is as good as any.

Angel of Despair
10-26-2006, 12:08 AM
I changed my mind...I think I am going to pick this deckup again, but I am going to take out the Factories, and put in Wasteland instead. Any thoughts?