PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Turbo Turns

Complete_Jank
09-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Ok, looking to make Time Vault & Mizzium Transreliquat work.

Combo Pieces: 8
4 Time Vault
4 Mizzium Transreliquat

Search Pieces: 8
3 Plunge into Darkness/Infernal Tutor
2 Enlighten Tutor
3 Transmute Artifact

Removal: 3
3 Echoing Truth

Mana Accel: 20
4 Dark Ritual
4 Helm of Awakening
4 Talisman of Dominance
4 Lotus Petal
4 Lion's Eye Diamond

Win Conditions: 4
1 Memnarch
1 Pentivus
1 Goblin Charbelcher
1 Cursed Scroll

Lands: 17
4 City of Trators
3 Ancient Tomb
2 Poluted Delta
2 Flooded Strand
2 Underground Sea
1 Island
2 Tundra
1 Swamp

Sideboard: 15
4 Caltrops
4 Leyline of the Void
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Duress
1 Echoing Truth

This is rough draft, but it does have a first turn lock, I tried a control version I had built, but it loses to goblins more than 50%, which is unacceptable.

I originally thought about less win conditions, but some unlucky plunges could force you to take a win condition over the missing piece of the puzzle.

Lets make it better!

Anarky87
09-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Have you thought about anyway to protect your lock/win/whatever? It seems that some key denial of your spells could really sink you, as most of your win conditions are pretty sub-par without infinite turns to back them up.

Complete_Jank
09-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Have you thought about anyway to protect your lock/win/whatever? It seems that some key denial of your spells could really sink you, as most of your win conditions are pretty sub-par without infinite turns to back them up.

I tried running Infernal Tutor over the Plunge during play testing yesterday and I have mixed feelings about it. It saves life, but a small % of the time I draw a high casting cost win condition and thus have problems dropping it with out a Lion's eye diamond.

As for your comment about win conditions...What does Belcher or Tendrils do if their only win condition gets needled or countered/stifle. At least I'm running bounce for the needle.

Don't forget this is here to try and make it better.

Tacosnape
09-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Is Fabricate too slow? The 3-cost is ehh, but the direct searching with no drawbacks isn't bad.

Complete_Jank
09-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Is Fabricate too slow? The 3-cost is ehh, but the direct searching with no drawbacks isn't bad.

Fabricate is about a turn slower, I used it in the original build.

I like Transmute Artifact better because it goes right into play.