PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] U/B Despotic Fish

Amoeba-
09-07-2006, 11:40 PM
When I first saw Hunted Horror I knew it could be good in something and I think I found its home. A little homebrew of mine utilizing Despotic Scepter/Tel-Jilad Stylus and Hunted Horror. Here's the list. Tell me you think, give suggestions.

4 Dimir Infiltrator
4 Dark Confidant
4 Hunted Horror
4 Gilded Drake

4 Echoing Truth
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Despotic Scepter
1 Umezawa's Jitte
4 Duress
2 Tel-Jilad Stylus
4 AEther Vial

1 Volrath's Stronghold
4 Polluted Delta
4 Underground Sea
1 Watery Grave
2 Tainted Isle
3 Bloodstained Mire
6 Swamp

Sideboard

2 Umezawa's Jitte
3 Withered Wretch
4 Engineered Plague
3 Pithing Needle
3 Defense Grid

It is rather odd but I have found it to be competitive while testing it on MWS.

Vincent
09-08-2006, 02:39 AM
I actally played this deck, and decided I needed a better direction. Thus the list I am playing in "B/u Donovan Solution"

xsockmonkeyx
09-08-2006, 04:20 AM
http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4105

Isamaru
03-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Thank you for stealing my deck, but if you would actually like to learn more about it, you can go here (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=47196).

outsideangel
03-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Cards that are only good with other cards are generally considered to be bad cards.

You also need an answer to Lackey, and probably more real threats. Confidant and Dimir Infiltrator aren't the scariest guys around, leaving you with 4x Hunted Horror and whatever you can steal with Guilded Drake. Not exactly the best plan around. If you fail to get a Vial to stick, you basically scoop to anything with countermagic or enough removal.

At least your list is better than Isamaru's against combo and control variants, with the 4x Hymm maindeck.

Still, putting all your eggs in one double-colored-mana-needs-other-cards-to-be-playable-loses-to-relevant-removal basket probably isn't the bestest game plan around.

telcontar
03-20-2007, 04:39 PM
I've played against this deck piloted by Isamaru on MWS a few times. As you can imagine, if everything fires in sequence (turn 1 scepter, turn 2 hunted horror, etc etc) then it's hard to deal with.

The flipside of course is when things don't work that way. Then you've got a bunch of sub-optimal or even dead cards and nowhere to go. In one game in particular, I blew up turn 1 scepter with a turn 2 tin-street hooligan, and that was essentially game.

Ironically, Isamaru got really pissy, accusing me of playing 'crap cards' (like Call of the Herd and Tin-Street Hooligan). This when he was playing a deck with despotic scepter, hunted horror, and gilded drake.

Obviously an inconsistent but 'cute' deck.