PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Show and Tell

Xkevin.meloncholicX
09-08-2006, 12:17 AM
I know it is kinda similar to the Eureka deck but very disimilar in this deck tries to focus more on getting out the Darksteel Colossus on first turn. A 4 card combo but still a posiblity none the less. Here is my decklist, it is still in the first stages of "fine tunning" so any suggestions are very welcome.

Spells(24):
4 Show and Tell
4 Intuition
4 Force of Will
4 Counterspell
4 Impulse
4 Boomerang

Creatures(8):
4 Darksteel Colossus
4 Drift of Phantasms

Artifacts(8):
4 Chrome Mox
4 Lotus Petal

Land(20):
4 City of Traitors
4 Ancient Tomb
12 Island

Ideal opening hand is 1 Ancient Tomb/City of Traitors, 1 Lotus Petal, 1 Show and Tell and 1 Darksteel Colossus. The Drift of Phantasms is in there for the transmute ability to fetch either Show and Tell or Intuition. Intuition is in there to fetch any missing pieces. Again all comments and suggestions are very much welcome.
Thanks for looking,
kXm

Poron
09-08-2006, 05:19 AM
-4 Boomerang
+4 Echoing Truth

And if you need Drift of Phantsm for its Transmute ability why not to play Mystical Tutor? You could just get Intuition or Show and Tell.. so it's easier paying 1 and Eot then paying 3 as a sorcery!

Cavius The Great
09-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Have you considered running Brainstorm over Impulse and include fetches? That seems to be a better option IMO.

UrDraco
09-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Have you thought about adding a second creature. Maybe one that doesn't get ganked by Swords to Plowshares, i.e. Simic Sky Swallower. Another creature I have always thought would be cute in a Show and Tell deck is Tidespout Tyrant because you just play another spell and bounce what they just put into play.

Xkevin.meloncholicX
09-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Echoing truth is way better then Boomerang(completely forgot about it). I will also try out the Tidespout Tyrants. Mystical Tutor is Also a good idea, but after play testing yesterday I don't see the need for the transmute ability. Will make the additions and repost updated decklist.
kXm

Cavius The Great
09-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Echoing truth is way better then Boomerang(completely forgot about it). I will also try out the Tidespout Tyrants. Mystical Tutor is Also a good idea, but after play testing yesterday I don't see the need for the transmute ability. Will make the additions and repost updated decklist.
kXm

Have you considered running Thirst For Knowledge as additional draw? It might be a better replacement for Impulse considering you run Tomb/Cities. Also, do you ever have a hard time finding two blue for Counterspell? Maybe Rethink, a Prophecy counter, might be the better option.