PDA

View Full Version : U/G/b Thresh

valor
09-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Im guessing this is the right forum since its not the standard deck.
White thresh is a really difficult deck to play at times, and Red seems to be somewhat lacking (at least compared to white),
I doubt this is any better than the white version but this is what i came up with
(explanations in parenthesis for non obvious cards)
Mana:
4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
2 Tropical Island
3 Underground Sea
4 Lotus Petal (feeds thresh quickkly, pumps of stuff first turn, replaces basics since luckily i NEVER see wasteland somehow)

Creatures:
4 Nimble Mongoose
3 Werebear
3 Psychatog (replaces dragon/mystic enforcer) might switch out one since i tend to draw multiples and you dont want to see one too early anyway

Counter:
4 FoW
2 Counterspell
2 Daze
1 Stifle

"Draw"
4 Brainstorm
4 Serum Visions
4 Mental Note
2 Nights Whisper

Removal:
3 Ghastly Demise (works out really well surprisingly)
3 Darkblast (drege+tog is pretty obviously good) might go 2 gahstly, 4 darkblast but darkblast doesnt remove as well
4 Duress

Maverick676
09-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Your list looks pretty solid, however I would reccomend not running petals since you dont run that many lands you want all of your mana sources to be permanent. Droping tog to a two off would also be good since you can then run 4 werebear. No matter what splash your running mongoose and werebear are MVPs.

Also since you have maindeck duress, you won't need as much countermagic so you should just go with the 4 force 4 daze package.

Darkblast could safely be a two of since it dredges; with all the cantrips finding it shouldn't be a problem. I really like the darkblast in this deck since it helps get thresh faster and also acts as recurring creature kill which Ive always had a problem with in UGW thresh which has only 4 swords.

Stifle should really be a two of at least if not more, since it is so savage against alot of decks in legacy.

Mirrislegend
09-11-2006, 04:03 PM
The whole reason to run black in Thresh is to run Dark Confidant. It's a house: Run it.

Welcome to The Source!

quicksilver
09-11-2006, 04:54 PM
There is already a thead for UGB thresh found here (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873). Feel free to post your thoughts there.