PDA

View Full Version : Dark Depths + Aether Snap

xsockmonkeyx
09-12-2006, 02:16 AM
Dark Depths + Aether Snap

Ok, my instincts tell me that this doesnt work, but I want to know why. Is it because the counters are not "charge" counters, but "ice" counters?

Locutus
09-12-2006, 03:23 AM
Aether Snap doesn't care about the type of counters, it will remove them all: Charge counters, fade counters, ice counters, age counter, +1/+1 counters, soot counters, doom counters, an whatever other types of counter you can imagine ;p
So it does work indeed, as soon as the Snap is resolved, Dark Depths wont have any ice counters on it, and the ability will trigger.

xsockmonkeyx
09-12-2006, 04:34 AM
Really? Didnt they errata this out though? Seems kinda broken.

Locutus
09-12-2006, 05:20 AM
No, they didn't. There is nothing 'broken' with this, I wouldn't even call it good Oo

quicksilver
09-12-2006, 11:16 AM
This most definatly works, in fact is was one of the combos wizards recommended when they previewed this card. The article can be found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/feature/343), the combo is at the bottom.

Tacosnape
09-12-2006, 03:50 PM
In fact, if you play Solidarity, this is the absolute most fun combo to play against in the history of time.

Why's that, you ask?

Watch their expression when you Twincast Aether Snap.:cool:

quicksilver
09-12-2006, 04:23 PM
In fact, if you play Solidarity, this is the absolute most fun combo to play against in the history of time.

Why's that, you ask?

Watch their expression when you Twincast Aether Snap.:cool:

I thought iggy pop was the most fun combo to play against with solidarity. Twincast Ill Gotten Gains, draw you deck and generate infinate mana.

Tacosnape
09-12-2006, 05:49 PM
I thought iggy pop was the most fun combo to play against with solidarity. Twincast Ill Gotten Gains, draw you deck and generate infinate mana.

Like, getting back Twincast/Reset/Draw of choice?

Wow. I never thought of that. You're an awesomely evil bastard.:laugh:

DeathwingZERO
09-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I actually just pulled this trick out against my buddy with playtesting, got me up to a storm count of 31, 35 (remanded + a couple draw spells), 37 (another remanded brainfreeze), 38 (last remand found), and finally drew into the other Brainfreeze maindeck, for 40.

Then I did a stroke for 122. Best half hour masturbation sequence since the Type 1 TPS vs Stax matchup (1 hour turns are great).

xsockmonkeyx
09-13-2006, 06:29 AM
So A. snap even works on stuff with age counters? What about time counters (time vault)?

quicksilver
09-13-2006, 10:08 AM
So A. snap even works on stuff with age counters? What about time counters (time vault)?

Yes, aether snap removes all counters from all permanets, regardless of what type fo counter it is. I don't know how to make this any clearer.

You're an awesomely evil bastard.
Oh don't give me credit for that, I leaned it from Dave Gearhart. No one is more of an evil bastard than he is.

xsockmonkeyx
09-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Its clear, I just like to be absolutely sure if it ever come up.

parallax
09-13-2006, 02:56 PM

Time Vault no longer uses counters.