PDA

View Full Version : Gamekeeper & Cabal Therapy

nightshade81
09-12-2006, 09:55 PM
I had a question about playing around Sword w/ a Gamekeeper on the stack and a Cabal Therapy in the yard. I have always thought that once Gamekeeper resolves I retains priority and have the first chance to do anything. So I cast Cabal Therapy before my opponent can cast swords, so then I would name Swords and go on to win the game. Is this correct?

Part two is - What now happens? Since Gamekeeper goes to the grave before the resolution of Cabal Therapy then his ability will go on the stack and resolve before Therapy does. So if it resolves before Therapy and my opponent still has a Sword in his hand and hit what ever Gamekeeper mills into (Unless SSS). OR is this correct?

OR are they both wrong and my opponent can Swords before I cast Therapy?

I'm confused.

Brushwagg
09-12-2006, 10:11 PM
I use to play The Game and I'm pretty familiar with this.

1.After Gamekeeper comes into play you have priority. So your opponent can't swords until you do something. If you Flashback Cabal Therapy saccing the Gamekeeper then your opponent still can't STP it.

2.The Stack looks like this.

Gamkeeper ability
Therapy

So Gamekeeper goes off, then Therapy. Your opponent has a chance to respond to what ever Gamekeeper put into play. STP, bounce it, etc...

iOWN
09-12-2006, 10:13 PM
I had a question about playing around Sword w/ a Gamekeeper on the stack and a Cabal Therapy in the yard. I have always thought that once Gamekeeper resolves I retains priority and have the first chance to do anything. So I cast Cabal Therapy before my opponent can cast swords, so then I would name Swords and go on to win the game. Is this correct?

408.1c The active player gets priority at the beginning of most phases and steps, after any game actions are dealt with and abilities that trigger at the beginning of that phase or step go on the stack. No player gets priority during the untap step and players usually don't get priority during the cleanup step (see rule 314.3). The player with priority may play a spell or ability, take a special action, or pass. If he or she plays a spell or ability, or takes a special action, the player again receives priority; otherwise, the next player in turn order receives priority. If all players pass in succession (that is, if all players pass without taking any actions in between passing), the top object on the stack resolves, then the active player receives priority. If the stack is empty when all players pass in succession, the phase or step ends and the next one begins.

After Gamekeeper resolves (if it resolves), you recieve priority. They can't Swords it unless you pass, which means you can play the cost of Cabal Therapy without worrying.

Tacosnape
09-12-2006, 10:41 PM
That's more or less it.

You -can- flashback Gamekeeper to Cabal Therapy immediately after it resolves and your opponent can't play Swords to Plowshares on your Gamekeeper.

However, your Cabal Therapy doesn't resolve until after the Gamekeeper's trigger resolves. So your Auriok Salvagers/Darksteel Colossus is fair bait for Swords to Plowshares before the Cabal Therapy resolves.