PDA

View Full Version : Infernal Contract + Nefarious Lich/Lich

Cavius The Great
09-13-2006, 01:48 PM
If I have a Nefarious Lich in play and I'm at 10 life, can I play an Infernal Contract and pay 5 life without having to remove cards from my graveyard? I assume you can just pay 5 life because life loss is different from damage. I just want to make sure.

I also assume you can play an Infernal Contract with Lich in play without any drawbacks whatsoever. Correct me if I'm wrong. thanx ahead of time.:smile:

P.S. - Those two questions are regarding two different cards, don't get it confused. Lich and Nefarious Lich.

quicksilver
09-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Nefarious Lich does not replace the life loss of Infernal Contract. Life loss is not damage (although damage is life loss, damage being a specific kind of life loss). The Nefarious Lich only replaces damage which infernal contract does not do.

Cavius The Great
09-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Nefarious Lich does not replace the life loss of Infernal Contract. Life loss is not damage (although damage is life loss, damage being a specific kind of life loss). The Nefarious Lich only replaces damage which infernal contract does not do.

Sweet, so I can cast an Infernal Contract with a Nefarious Lich in play without any drawbacks other than loss of life?

quicksilver
09-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Sweet, so I can cast an Infernal Contract with a Nefarious Lich in play without any drawbacks other than loss of life?

yes

Cavius The Great
09-13-2006, 02:08 PM
yes

I got another question for you bro. Can you basically cast an Infernal Contract with the originial Lich without any drawbacks whatsoever? I assume you can always pay zero life then be at zero life and not lose the game because of the Lich's effect. I just want to make sure.:tongue:

Nightmare
09-13-2006, 02:15 PM
I got another question for you bro. Can you basically cast an Infernal Contract with the originial Lich without any drawbacks whatsoever? I assume you can always pay zero life then be at zero life and not lose the game because of the Lich's effect. I just want to make sure.:tongue:From Gatherer:
10/4/2004 You can't pay life, just like any player at less than one life can't pay life. You can pay zero life if you want.

10/4/2004 You can lose life and take damage, and thereby have a negative life total, while Lich is in play.

Therefore, at 0 life, you lose half, rounded up, or 0 life. Draw four, killer.
Related: You can't Fetch with a Polluted Delta or other fetchland, and you have to pay 3UU for Force of Will.