PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Vial Stompy

Barsoom
09-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Hello All.
Here the deck playing by my brother, a Mono-Green deck with Creatures (of course), Disruption and Equip/Pump, very different by 9-Land Stompy.

Stompy

14 Forest
4 Gaea's Cradle (primary acceleration of the deck very very important)
3 Treetop Village (another creature uncounterable and quite strong)

4 River Boa (these guys are fucking vs Blue, specially with Vial. nothing more to say)
4 Wild Dogs (i think i will replace these with Ghazban Ogre when i own them, cause they die to Fanatic)
4 Pouncing Jaguar (another 1cc. maybe it should be Jungle Lion or so but the echo don't hurt very much)
4 Masticore (Like all the deck amazing with vial, that make Mazda immediately ready to kill creatures. is drawback help the Scroll and to leave jittes when you have one in table)
2 Albino Troll (mmm i know that this is not very good. suggestion of how we can replace this?)

4 Cursed Scroll (insane good. with masticore he can go more times, and it is another big win condition when you are at late with no creature)
4 Aether Vial (Obvious inclusion in a deck like this. creatures incounterable, surprise, speedy ecc ecc)
3 Umezawa's Jitte (Another disruption vs Aggro)
2 Sword of Fire and Ice (maybe i can switch for -1 Jitte + 1 Sword cause many time this is more good, as you can win also with only one creature pumped by Rancor with Trample, that make damage also if blocked)

4 Giant Growth (Then this is the most questionable slot i think; Sometimes the Giants are useless in the deck, and we can swing its with another creatures or something good vs Combo. what do you think?).
4 Rancor (helps the Swords and returns. Only good)

ok there is some slot questionable i think, like adding more creatures (yes maybe 18 are too few, as well this deck wins often with only one creature with Rancors and Equips, or with damage of Scrolls) in the deck or make 3 Sword 2 Jittes or change some creatures with others.
I not even make a gauntlet with this deck only many games "scatter", but i feel it can be very good. And i'm not testing the Sideboard even but i'll make it quite fast.
All Tips & Suggestions are welcome...
Bye :wink:

Jaynel
09-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Troll Ascetic is a must, I think.

Barsoom
09-16-2006, 06:00 AM
Troll Ascetic is a must, I think.

The problem with Troll Ascetic is that i can't use Rancors, Growths and Equips to it, and this is a thickly drawback. Albino Trolls are also 3/3 and not 3/2 and can regenerate at the same way, then i think this is not a good choice.

I'm going to test here Skarrgan Pit-Skulk at place of Wild Dogs; they seems quite powerful in a deck like this, and dogs are too danger vs Goblins.

Poron
09-16-2006, 06:08 AM
ehm Troll Ascetic can be targeted by your spells and ability eh..

Barsoom
09-16-2006, 06:16 AM
!!!!!!
You right guy LOL sorry for my stupidity.... :frown:
mmm in this case can be a good choice i will test it for sure

tomjulioo
09-16-2006, 06:23 AM
no need to test him
he's in the deck... as in every green deck running creatures!
i'd play more SOFI because when you're wrathed, if your hand in empty it's topdeck mode. whit SOFI your hand in full of threads.

jul

Warmonger
09-16-2006, 06:48 AM
Mono G and no disrupt?
How are you going to deal with:

Any Storm.dec
Any combo deck
Burn

Moat? Glacial Chasm?
Humility?
Wrath of God? Paralax Wave?
Stasis?
Ensnaring Bridge? Elephant Grass? Solitary Confinement? Worship?
Scepter + Chant?
Exalted Angel? Akroma? Sundering Titan?
Pithing Needle?

xsockmonkeyx
09-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Mono G and no disrupt?

Any Storm.dec
Any combo deck
Burn

Moat? Glacial Chasm?
Humility?
Wrath of God? Paralax Wave?
Stasis?
Ensnaring Bridge? Elephant Grass? Solitary Confinement? Worship?
Scepter + Chant?
Exalted Angel? Akroma? Sundering Titan?
Pithing Needle?

Dude, its his little brother's deck. Johnny wasnt thinkin about infinate storm off of an LED when he built the deck. A little more constructive criticism please.

Anyway, what could he add to improve the deck against the things you just named off? It it would probably be of interest to him now that he knows what to look out for :P

Warmonger
09-16-2006, 07:36 AM
the deck playing by my brother

his little brother's deck
Ahh, now he's little? In a moment it will become next mythical list written by handicapped friend, found in his trash. I've heard such stories too many times. :tongue:

First of all, stompy doesn't work.
You can try some secret force / MGA deck, with Wire, Trinisphere, Chalice, other mana denial, Pithing Needle and so. This needs a bit improved acceleration, but is possible. Naturalize or Viridian Zealot is a must.
The question is: how much of this deck will be left? :confused:

Barsoom
09-16-2006, 08:38 AM
No Disrupt? and Masticore and above all Cursed Scroll for you is not distruption (and seems to me that also 9-land Stompy don't run so many disruption...)

Any Storm.dec (for now i suck i think)
Any combo deck (same as storm.dec)
Burn (50/50 i'm fast as him, and 8 of my creatures regenerate...)

Moat? (Naturalize. and if you see some deck in the meta that run Moat plz Mail me :confused:) Glacial Chasm? (LOL this card sucks alone then no problem)
Humility? (Naturalize)
Wrath of God? (Cursed Scroll) Paralax Wave? (Naturalize)
Stasis? (Naturalize)
Ensnaring Bridge? (Naturalize) Elephant Grass? (Naturalize) Solitary Confinement? (Naturalize) Worship? (Naturalize)
Scepter + Chant? (Naturalize. and not so many played i see)
Exalted Angel? (mm late game maybe Masticore can deal with this guy. if not same as Akroma) Akroma? (if he is at low life Cursed, if not i suck :frown: ) Sundering Titan? (Naturalize)
Pithing Needle? (Naturalize)

vs Artifacts green have also Oxidixe.
And all cards that you speak seem not to be played very much, or i'm wrong?
And i don't want to break Legacy with this deck, only win sometimes and lose sometimes, have FUN in conclusion.

ps: And about my "little" brother probably is more high and strong of you... but this is another story... :wink:

Watcher487
09-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Guys it's a little known fact that Mono-Green Stompy actually top 16'd at Worlds. The bigger difference between the 2 decks though is that the one that placed had a low-ball curve (nothing over 2 that wasn't free, Berserks and less land)

When you can win on turn 3 without disruption, you don't need disruption.

Warmonger
09-16-2006, 10:22 AM
And all cards that you speak seem not to be played very much, or i'm wrong?
You are. I've seen each of those cards many times, maybe without Scepter.

Fortunately, they aren't met among tier1 decks, but it doesn't matter, as they have possibilities to deal with you anyway.

So... what metagame do you expect?

Anyway, you should agree that mainboard naturalize is a must.

Barsoom
09-16-2006, 11:41 AM
My meta is: enough Madness and Thresh and Fish (then Blue based decks), some Goblins and many others random.dec like White Weenie, Elves, Stompy ecc; there is no Combo somewhere (luckily).

Anyway, you should agree that mainboard naturalize is a must.

yes and not; i don't figure what i can leave for Naturalizes without make the deck less explosive, maybe the Growths but dunno... For now i take the Natu in SB and i'm quite pleased.
The real big problem for me is Wrath of God; also with Scrolls is always difficult to recover/win... any suggestions?

Anyhow here the adjustments i'm testing
-1 Treetop Village
-4 Pouncing Jaguar
-1 Umezawa's Jitte
-2 Albino Troll

+4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
+1 Sword of Fire and Ice
+3 Troll Ascetic

Clark Kant
09-16-2006, 01:56 PM
This deck seems slow. Cursed Scroll is a very slow card for example.

If you want to play a good green based stompy deck that actually does well against good decks (like the one that top 8ed at the german championship), do a search for a deck called "zilla stompy"

If you are on a budget, play 9 land stompy. It's a very fast deck. Can overpower most decks by turn 3 or 4.

xsockmonkeyx
09-16-2006, 02:49 PM
ps: And about my "little" brother probably is more high and strong of you... but this is another story...

Trust me, no one is higher than me right now. :wink: