PDA

View Full Version : Potential interest in a Columbus, Ohio tournament?

Caboose
09-16-2006, 05:55 AM
Okay, my buddy runs a store and wants to hold a big tourney. He is willing to have the same prize support as the Mana Leak Open, and would probably increase it, or have a lower entry fee, or anything that actually makes it better than the TML.

Considering this factor, who would be interested in possibly making a trip to Columbus? Nothing official has been planned, but any tournament would likely be held in the early Spring. I'm just trying to get a feel for what kind of crowd we could potentially pull with this kind of prize support.

SuckerPunch
09-16-2006, 10:21 AM
i would love it. it's very close to where i live.

where would it be specifically? comic town, is that where most people play?

I really want to know where people play on saturdays in columbus actually. That's my only free day. I went to comictown on westerville on a saturday and no one was there.

If you can let me know where people play on saturdays that would be really helpful. Sorry if that was offtopic.

IndyTerminator
09-16-2006, 11:33 AM
I think a buddy and me could make it if its in early spring. I just need plenty of heads-up time so that I can plan for the trip.

umbowta
09-16-2006, 12:42 PM
I am interested. I'm pretty sure Team C.H.U.M. and Team Predict would also be willing to make the trip, as would Team RIW. Obviously the prize support would have to be good enough to validate the 3-4 hour drive, but you could pull 10-15 players from Michigan. Let us know when.

P.S. The next event at Pandemonium is scheduled for October 15th. I will post an announcement when we have the prizes secured.

Anarky87
09-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah, my family makes a trip to Columbus about every 3 months for my mom's business, so I could most likely hit this one. Just post a heads up in advance if you can so I can get everything settled.

blarknob
09-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Well considering its a Meandeck hub you would have several of us there. Myself, Steve, Hi-Val, Lyle.... You could probably count on at least 5-6 of us.

Kenderleech
09-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Im in Indy, so as long as i get enough notice to get the weekend off, im in.