PDA

View Full Version : [Brainstorming] on a new Legacy R/U deck!

Poron
09-17-2006, 07:48 AM
The deck idea is to deal direct damages with burns and creatures and have some draw/protect cards by blue. There's auto win combo inside the deck but the deck can always win with Burns and Wee Dragonauts.

this is the decklist i'm testing.

4 Lightning Bolt
3 Incinerate
2 Fireblast
4 Chain Lightning
4 Lava Spike
4 Desperate Ritual
4 Izzet Guildmage
3 Wee Dragonauts

4 Mana Leak
4 Impulse
4 Brainstorm

4 Wooded Foothils
2 Volcanic Island
9 Mountain
5 Island

Problems of this deck: slower then a burn, worse on counter then a U deck. And we have problems with mana too.. often I would need blue, but I have red and the opposite.

the sb is composed like this.
2 Pyroblast
2 Reb
2 Beb
2 Hydroblast
4 Shattering Spree
3 Price of Progress

the price of progress is perfect for the mono land deck, affinity deck, etc. etc. Shattering for Pithing Needle, Chalice of the Void, and similar, 4 red blast are for counter and 4 blu blast are for goblin matchups!

The combo, obviously is made of Izzet + Lava Spike + Desperate Ritual spliced into Lava spike!

I need some help on this deck! Can be strong and it's a very fun deck to play!

Thanks!!!

Warmonger
09-17-2006, 08:00 AM
It has no advantage over simple burn, but is fragile to creature hate. Conslusion: it makes no sense, you'd better try it in T2 :P.

Poron
09-17-2006, 08:45 AM
mmm i disagree with the "no advantage over straight burn" because wee dragonauts often gives me a veeery good WC after a simple play as: brainstorm, lightning bolt, desperate ritual, lava spike, impulse etc etc (it's all sorcery and instants this deck..) and wee offers too a big wall for everything which hasn't first strike.

I think this deck needs a chance.. perhaps with Force of Will of Misdirection for StP etc. etc.
I need some ideas about what to test and what to cut.. -____-

aznfoodgood
09-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Just a couple of thoughts hear…

Magma jet? It helps set up draws…

Desperate ritual just plain sucks off of the top deck, and I know that’s what happens to most burn decks.

Also fire and ice seems like it belongs in hear, or electrolyze. Maybe even scepter. Also have you considered running ensnaring bridge? With only 4 counters I think you can keep those pesky goblins at bay. Maybe even pyroclasm in the main

Just some thoughts
-food