PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Ignite Memories [SPOILER]

Djelmo
09-17-2006, 07:22 PM
First, the Basis:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30905&d=1157909103

The idea is to play cheap/free burn and red versions of Dark Rituals to get a storm count of about 6-7 (maybe less depending on how much burn you've already played) and win. It can usualy go off turn 3-5.

Manas (34):
4x Badlands
4x Bloodstained Mire
4x Sandstone Needle
10x Mountain
4x Chrome Mox
4x Seething Song
4x Rite of Flame
Tutors (4):
4x Infernal Tutor
Burns (12):
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Fireblast
4x Shrapnel Blast
Tech (4):
4x http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30899&d=1157908827
Win Con (4):
4x Ignite Memories

Any ideas? Is it any good? I'm an experienced player but I don't know a thing about Legacy.

vigilante
09-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Isn't your primary win-condition terrible against 43Land.dec? It would seem that as far as storm-based combo decks go, Iggy-Pop has 1) better tutors, 2) better acceleration, and 3) Tendrils of Agony as a finisher which costs less to cast and isn't dependent on randomly revealing high CC cards in your opponent's hand.

That said, this deck has burn as a back-up win condition, which is always nice.

valor
09-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Looking at the spoiler, theres a better red storm card for burn.

Grapeshot - 1R
Grapeshot deals 1 damage to target creature or player
Storm

I still think for storm kill its gotta be Tendrils>Brain Freeze>Grapeshot>The other red one, if only because of the colors.

Bryant Cook
09-17-2006, 09:03 PM
You're running black just for Infernal Tutor? Why not play better tutors? Better rituals? Better spells? I'm not saying change the deck 100% but why not go deeper into black? You gain Dark Ritual, and Cabal Ritual. You're playing red, why do I see 0 Burning wish? Cut some burn spells, they're unnessesary. You really only need a few. Maybe 1x Tendrils of Agony? Move one ignite memeries to the SB. I see Ignite memories as more of a B/r Long combo deck than Burn.

Jaynel
09-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Moving into black also allows you to pack discard like Duress and Cabal Therapy so you can "sculpt" an opposing hand with high converted mana cost cards. Hitting a Force multiple times is probably the nuts.

wmagzoo7
09-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah to me this seems like it is kinda worse than iggy pop and all of those because against decks like goblins/43 land/high tide which combos off in response to your like 5th spell you lose or have a hard time winning when you have a variable spell that is good vs. reanimator and the likes but would be worthless vs. certain decks means that ignite memories could be SB tech in a storm deck but tendrils is better a lot of the time IMO.

Clark Kant
09-18-2006, 12:41 AM
It's a nice enough card except for the fact that them revealing a land screws over your whole game plan.

The Sinister Minister
09-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Hell if you can manage to play this with a FOW as the only card in their hand then your looking at a minimal storm count of 3......

Tacosnape
09-18-2006, 02:26 AM
Gamekeeper Salvagers destroys this card, too. Lion's Eye Diamond > Ignite Memories.

It's possible that against certain decks Ignite Memories could be a solid kill condition, but eh. I'll stick with Dragonstorm.

The Sinister Minister
09-18-2006, 02:56 AM
Upon reading this card i cant see how it could possibly be any better than tendrils. It relies upon too many specifics to be set in place rather than just playing 9+ spells and winning. You have to worry about what the other person is playing, whats in their hand, how much it costs, etc etc. If you could stip them to a single FOW or Humility or anything 4+CC its phenominal, otherwise its just too inconsistant. This card unlike tendrils has to have the entire deck built around it, meanwhile tendrils needs accel, draw, and tutors to kill. To be 100% sure with Ignite you'd have to run something to keep them off high CC cards, strip their hand down, then play enough draw / tutors / accel to go lethal. Thats an awful tall order........

JeremM
09-18-2006, 03:30 AM
If your going to break a card then read it first.

Not quite. Ignite Memories deals damage to the player that revealed the card.

Djelmo
09-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Uh, well the card wins with a storm count of 7 if your opponent has an average cost is 3, which I guess Threshold/Goblins might have, depending on the deck. Also, since it has burn to assist it, it doesn't require a large-costing hand, having the average cost being able to be 1-2.

Also, Grapeshot isn't all that great as a better storm card, as it requires a 20 storm count to win. It might be a good addition to the deck, as I can play it as spell 6 before Ignite Memories, so it would deal 5/6 split damage for 2 mana.

Anyway, new version of the deck:

Ignite Memories v1.1

Manas (34):
4x Great Furnace
4x Sandstone Needle
14x Mountain
4x Chrome Mox
3x Seething Song
4x Rite of Flame
Tutors (4):
4x Burning Wish
Burns (10):
4x Lightning Bolt
3x Fireblast
3x Shrapnel Blast
Tech (4):
4x http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attac...9&d=1157908827
1x Terrarion
Win Con (7):
3x Ignite Memories
3x Grapeshot

SB (8):
1x Ignite Memories
1x Grapeshot
1x Fireblast
1x Shrapnel Blast
1x Seething Song
4x Pyroclasm

Decided to drop black, as messing up the mana base seemed stupid, especially since it was only for tutors (replaced by Wish) and I could've used Dark Rits but I think I'll be ok with Rites.