3 Decree of Justice

//Sideboard
2 Disenchant
3 Argivian Find
4 Cabal therapy
4 Leyline of the Void
2 Seal of Cleansing

Okay, here is some basic information.
Time Vault + Mizzium Transreliquat = Infinite turns. This is the main combo of the deck and can really blindside players.

Vindicate: This is good for just about anything.

Mortify: This can trash troublesome creatures and break otherwise lethal Solitary Confinement locks.

Swords to Plowshares: This is some more cheap creature hate.

Infest: Goblins and other weenies are enough of a problem that this becomes quite useful in dealing with them as well as not killing my angel tokens.

Duress + Hymn to Tourach: This is to keep control and combo decks down early game.

Enlightened Tutor: It can fetch artifacts!

Sideboard:

Argivian Find: For the soon coming artifact hate in everyones sideboards.

Cabal Therapy: More control and combo hate.

Leyline of the Void: Good for Enchantress, IggyPop, 43 Land, and any other deck that relies on the same selection of cards.

Seal of Cleansing + Disenchant: Sometimes you have to deal with nasty artifacts yourself.

Matchups:
In a general note, this deck tends to win the first round simply because my opponents do not expect the combo and so do not try to stop it. If this deck type becomes more popular this phenomenon will probably not be so prevalent.

IggyPop: If I can get off some early hand disruption their lack of answers to my Combo gives me a large advantage. In games 2-3 I turn Mortify into Cabal Therapy and try to hold them off.
Solidarity: See IggyPoP.
Spring Tide: See Solidarity.
(Vial) Goblins: This tends to depend solely on how many board sweepers I can draw before they beat me down. Infest and Planar Collapse work amazingly well in these situations. For boarding I typically grab Cabal Therapy and Planar Collapse.
43 Land: This is pretty much about solely how fast I am able to start my combo. Without Leyline of the Void this is a risky matchup.
Enchantress: This is an easy match up in almost every form. I have enough enchantment hate main deck to create serious problems for them.

ATTENTION:
I desperately need more testing and would greatly appreciate any aid someone could give me with tournament staple decks (Testing really).

Lego
09-17-2006, 10:20 PM
First, let me welcome you to the Source!

As for the deck, it looks good on paper, but I keep having this sinking feeling that it doesn't actually do anything. Yes, I know what it's supposed to do, but if you can't put your combo together fast enough, you lose. How quickly are you finding yourself assembling Time Vault + Mizzium?

Your removal package of Infest, Vindicate, Mortify, Swords seems okay, although I'd replace Mortify with Smother. With 7-8 early game creature kill, you may be able to replace Infest with Wrath.

Planar Collapse just draws a big WTF in my mind. It seems like too many times you'll topdeck it or Tutor for it and play it the turn before you lose. Are you having trouble with the removal package as is? It seems pretty good.

I might consider Dark Confidant, for the dual role of chump blocking and drawing you into the combo a bit faster, although he makes opposing creature removal relevant. He's at least worth testing, and there's nothing horribly big for him to hit. He also dies to your mass removal *frown*

Ancient Tomb is always something I'd consider in a list like this.

And finally, out of the board Pillory of the Sleepless seems horrible, I'd replace it with 2 Leyline (no real point in running them if you're not playing 4) and another Cabal Therapy. Planar Collapse can become something like Moat if you really feel like you need it. I'd be more inclined to fit 4 Disenchant effects, as Needle is game winning.

Overall, it looks like a good start, but I think it could be a lot better with tweaking. Let us know how testing shows it to be (and please, please get a few more relevant matchups up there and do a bunch more testing. At the very least Threshold needs to be tested, as it's probably not very good at all)

Cait_Sith
09-17-2006, 10:28 PM
I made some edits you suggested. Got rid of the pillories and collpases and turned then into disenchants and some more mainstream cards.