PDA

View Full Version : For the talented and brave deck designers try to think about this 2 card combo

Lam_Ang
09-18-2006, 11:53 PM
Yes, you. First of all, I can't give you any financial reward if you can pull this off. But imagine the (insert your word here) you could have if you can pull this out and make a deck around it competitive at Legacy.

Enduring Ideal + Dovescape

Seems easy but everything is easier typed than done. Cast the Enduring Ideal then look for the Dovescape. Then fetch any enchantments you like (probably Humility, Orim's Prayer, Ivory Mask to avoid damage) (then followed by the winning enchantments).

What do you think? :confused:

Amoeba-
09-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Ahh. If you cast Enduring Ideal then immediately search for Dovescape then you'll only get 7 birds a turn. Read Dovescape and you'll understand. You can counter an epic. As does Dovescape.

How in the hell is this related to Legacy (Type 1.5)!?

Lam_Ang
09-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Well, if I'm not mistaken you aren't casting any spells anymore when the Enduring Ideal hits the table. So any enchantment you fetch wouldn't be a legal target for the Dovesacpe and it can't be countered.

That's if I'm not mistaken. :confused:

Well, it would be related to Legacy since it's not restricted or banned. Any cards that isn't restricted or banned is related to Legacy. :smile:

MasterBlaster
09-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Well, it would be related to Legacy since it's not restricted or banned. Any cards that isn't restricted or banned is related to Legacy. :smile:

But neither of these cards are considered playable in Legacy.

Lam_Ang
09-19-2006, 01:07 AM
That's why it's easier typed than done. :wink: (Or easier said than done) :laugh:

@ MasterBlaster - So does this work? :confused:

ElvenTitz
09-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Are you retard (no offence meant, i mean medical conditions) ?

Lam_Ang
09-19-2006, 01:23 AM
@ ElvenTitz - No I'm not. If the combination does work then it might be something.

atv
09-19-2006, 05:54 AM
Ahh. If you cast Enduring Ideal then immediately search for Dovescape then you'll only get 7 birds a turn. Read Dovescape and you'll understand. You can counter an epic. As does Dovescape.

Nope...

From Saturday School at Wizard's site:

Q: Considering that the epic copy isn't technically played, it doesn't trigger Dovescape. Right? --Wilson L.

A: Yes. Epic copies aren't played - they're put directly on the stack, so they won't trigger Dovescape.

Cait_Sith
09-19-2006, 07:27 AM
An enduring ideal deck being legal and at least Tier 2 in Legacy is actually a rather scary thought and this combo could lead the way. Probably you would want -

4 Enduring Ideal
2-3 Dovescape
1-2 Night of Soul's Betrayal

Any other enchantments or tutors people can think of?

Lego
09-19-2006, 02:20 PM
An enduring ideal deck being legal and at least Tier 2 in Legacy is actually a rather scary thought and this combo could lead the way. Probably you would want -

4 Enduring Ideal
2-3 Dovescape
1-2 Night of Soul's Betrayal

Any other enchantments or tutors people can think of?

You should probably play ridiculous amounts of mana acceleration, tutoring, 240 cards (because it can't be much worse than a 60 card deck that wins with Dovescape, right?) and Battle of Wits.

Cait_Sith
09-19-2006, 03:11 PM
However we are trying to make a Dovescape Deck, not a Battle of Wits deck. Please do not be so dissmissive of someone elses idea.

Skullclamping
09-19-2006, 03:36 PM
its not dismissive, it's just that won't work in legacy...

AngryTroll
09-19-2006, 04:17 PM
As..type twoish as it sounds, there is another tpe two card that fits perfectly: Faith's Fetters. Enduring Ideal does noy target with the enchantments, so you can Fetters Morphling, Troll, or Simic Sky Swallower. Maybe not a four of, but having a few available certainly won't hurt.

Plus some standbyes-
Stp, Wrath, Meddling Mage, Humility, Moat, even cards like Wing Shards can all be used. Note that Humility and Moat are enchantments.

You could go with mono-white (meh), a red/white rifterish shell (meh), or UW controllish route (my preference).

dahcmai
09-19-2006, 04:17 PM
I guess if I had the chance to search my library and slap any enchantment into play that I wanted I would go in this order. If there's a fast way to cast that beast it might be worth trying. Dovescape seems kind of pointless after a bit of thinking though.

Vs Goblins - Moat - Ivory Mask - Words of worship - OMG Test of endurance FTW! lol j/k

Vs Solidarity - Ivory Mask - Sterling Grove - win condition

Vs Iggy Pop - See above

Vs Thresh - Island Sanctuary (because you can!) - oh noes! Gravity sphere

Bah, you get the idea. Pretty amusing really. I got carried away lol

wmagzoo7
09-19-2006, 05:59 PM
It would seem that the best answers for the main decks would be:
Goblins- Humility- Ivory Mask-Night of Soul's Betrayal- win
Solidarity- Dovescape-Night of Soul's Betrayal-win
IGG- Dovescape- Night of soul's betrayal win
Thresh- Humility-Ivory Mask-Night of Soul's betrayal-Dovescape-win
Yeah so the targets would be around umm 5 targets including form of dragon that is.

SillyMetalGAT
09-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Theres someone in my area that actually plays this deck in 1.5. Unfortunately hes not on the Source. Ask Scrumdogg as im sure he helped him make the deck. It is kinda jank though, as its very hard to reach the mana to play Enduring Ideal and not die.

Goblin Snowman
09-19-2006, 06:39 PM
It would seem that the best answers for the main decks would be:
Goblins- Humility- Ivory Mask-Night of Soul's Betrayal- win
Solidarity- Dovescape-Night of Soul's Betrayal-win
IGG- Dovescape- Night of soul's betrayal win
Thresh- Humility-Ivory Mask-Night of Soul's betrayal-Dovescape-win
Yeah so the targets would be around umm 5 targets including form of dragon that is.

Goblins - Trainquil Domain for the cry?
Solidarity - Yes, if you get to cast Enduring Ideal
Thres - Likewise

But you guys should put these remarks to shame and kickass with it.

IndyTerminator
09-19-2006, 11:44 PM
I think the idea could have merit. Most likely it would either have to be around a control shell with things like Duress and Cabal Therapy backing up the Enduring Ideal until you can cast it. Or, you could go with a board control plan. I think the most important thing is to figure out which enchantments are going to be used as the win condition and what is really needed and what is really just chaff.

I think Humility is definitely one of the echantments that should be considered. It will allow you to beat pretty much any aggro deck that you see. Also, Solitary Confinement should be mentioned since it should be pretty easy to keep around. You won't be casting any more spells after Ideal.

scrumdogg
09-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Have you guys considered going G/W for the A) acceleration route B) ability to play the new Eureka (which puts Enduring into play, which wins you the frickin' game) C) the other cool things available to you in G/W? Like Glare of Subdual (decent with used up mana accelerators & tokens I hear) or Ray of Revelation or Angel's Sodomization of Solidarity & any deck dealing damage? You also have some interesting silver bullet enchantments ranging from the powerful to the goofy (that Aerie thingamawhatsis that pumps birds...). Turn 1 forest, accelerator into Turn 2 land + neo-Eureka into Ideal could be pretty hot.

Lam_Ang
09-24-2006, 12:47 PM
@Caith Sith - Thanks for your reply defending the idea.

@Lego_Army_Man - No offense taken. It may have more cards but Battle of Wits doesn't fit here.

@scrumdogg - You're already mentioned before at this thread. That might help and that's a good idea. Actually, I haven't made any deck revolving around the combo because I focus on building another deck. Let's see what Time Spiral can offer.

Warmonger
09-24-2006, 01:18 PM
My complete build which doesn't work:

Perfect Ideal:
3 Enduring Ideal
4 Burning Wish
1 Humility
2 Form of the Dragon
1 Ivory Mask
1 Dovescape
1 Night of Souls' Betrayal
1 Nether Void
4 Duress
4 Brainstorm

4 Chromatic Sphere
3 Terrarion
4 Pentad Prism
4 Dark Ritual
2 Seething Song

3 Ancient Tomb
1 Volcanic Island
1 Plateau
1 Scrubland
1 Underground Sea
1 Badlands
1 Tundra
3 Polluted Delta
3 Flooded Strand
2 Bloodstained Mire
1 Plains
1 Island
1 Swamp
1 Mountain

Sideboard:
1 Enduring Ideal
1 Vindicate
4 Overmaster
1 Pyroclasm
1 Recoup
7 open slots

How it should work: Tighten deck with fetches, cast acceleration, filter mana and draw cards to finally cast Ideal. Enchantments perfectly deal with any possible threat. The problem is that it hardly goes off on turn 3.

dahcmai
09-25-2006, 01:07 AM
The amusing thing is a friend of mine and me were debating finding a new deck idea and I brought this up for laughs. The cute thing is it's actually got a fix coming in time spiral. The Lotus Blossom gives you a turn four Enduring. Now that doesn't sound all that great considering most decks have already decided if you're going to win or lose on turn 4. The thought is you are playing white after all and a bunch of enchantments why not just put this into Enchantress with major changes.

Kind of like so

Exploration - if need be
Serra's Sanctum - Seems like an ovious choice.
Wild Growth type crap - might speed it up
Humility - Easily the best slowdown creature hate card.
Ivory Mask - screw you burn boy
Argothian Enchantress - Because drawing is good and she's not really bad
etc etc...

You get the idea. If you're already playing with a crapload of stalling junk anyway, Lotus Blossom actually can hand you the start turn 4 and lock it down thereafter. So the goal needs to be stall till turn 4 pretty much.

Lam_Ang
09-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Yep, the Lotus Bloom would be a real help for this kind of combo. I know the Enduring Ideal is a white card but I think this deck should be G/U for speed and stall.

Lam_Ang
09-26-2006, 02:35 AM
I think Hypergenesis from Time Spiral would give this deck a little bit of chance to be competitive...