PDA

View Full Version : [Discussion] Morph gets better!!!

Complete_Jank
09-20-2006, 12:07 AM
With the changing of the morph rule, will some morph creatures see more play?

For anyone that doesn't know, the Morph rules will be changing when TS comes out.

Triggered abilities caused by a creature Morphing up will no longer use the stack. It will happen the same time the creature is turned face up. Thus nothing will stop it once the morph has been declared.

Phantom
09-20-2006, 12:29 AM

I doubt it. Morph creatures are generally not used in legacy becasue of the expensive mana cost, not because of timing rules. I guess I could see something like Bane of the Living see slightly more play, but it's still 7 mana over 2 turns to sweep Goblins.

parallax
09-20-2006, 02:21 PM

For anyone that doesn't know, the Morph rules will be changing when TS comes out.

Triggered abilities caused by a creature Morphing up will no longer use the stack. It will happen the same time the creature is turned face up. Thus nothing will stop it once the morph has been declared.

The rules for morph have not changed in any appreciable way. The only change is that they no longer have a mana cost. They used to have a mana cost of 0.

Abilities that trigger off of a creature turning face up still use the stack. Turning a creature face up in the first place does not use the stack, and never did. Turning a morph face up is not considered playing a spell and is not an activated ability. That is why it gets around split second.

You can still respond to "face up" triggers.

Nightmare
09-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Closed since the rules didn't really change.