PDA

View Full Version : Landstill Milling

Gix_Ebonblade
09-21-2006, 02:21 AM
My Deck is a spin on landstill deck but its Blue/Green
Now I 1st must say that this deck was made for fun with friends and since there is a Lagacy tournament coming in 3 day at my local game store, i would like any and all feedback on my deck! Thanks

Ok here it is: Still Milling!

Artifact:
4x Mesmeric Orb

Green:
4x Life from the Loam
4x Gaea's Blessing

Blue:
4x Stifle
4x Brain Freeze
4x Standstill
4x Memory Lapse
4x Counterspell
4x Force of Will
2x Hinder

Land:
2x Forest
4x Islands
2x City of Brass
2x Yavimaya Coast
4x Faerie Conclave
4x Treetop Village
4x mishra's Factory

SideBoard:
4x Blue Elemental Blast
4x Hydroblast
3x Tormod's Crypt
4x ????i have 4 slots open need something here!

Well thats what I have. I know Multi-land(aka:duel-lands) would help but I dont have them. and as for SB i never hade one since the deck was for fun!
PLease e-mail me with a response as soon as you can thx!

laststepdown
09-21-2006, 02:24 AM
Someone move this to Developmental, please.

Oh, by the way, welcome to The Source!

Lukas Preuss
09-21-2006, 04:04 AM
Okay, this will certainly be moved to Developmental, but here are some suggestions for your deck:

- You have not enough draw (Add something like Brainstorm, etc. Standstill alone is most likely not enough)
- Fetchlands are good, even if you don't run Duals since they make you shuffle after a Brainstorm
- Life from the Loam and Gaea's Blessing. This is not good since you will end up milling Blessings into your grave, thus making your Loam engine useless.
- Speaking of which, where are your Cycling lands (Lonely Sandbar, Tranquil Thicket)? They are a solid draw engine with LftL.

Welcome to the Source. :)

goldenj
09-22-2006, 04:52 PM
This deck needs some creature defense, too. I think any heavy aggro would roll you. Maybe add white for swords and wrath (good synergy with manlands, too). Mesmeric Orb + Loam should give you access to much mana. Speaking of which, loam plus coliseum plus frequent threshold might make cephalid coliseum good here as a one-fer or two-fer. Without the duals or fetches I don't think you can support the factories -- especially if you add white. You could maybe run Jotun Grunt instead of the blessings if you wanted to cut green altogether. Regardless of fetches, brainstorm would be good with the orb.

alakar
09-22-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm guessing that you are using the LFTL to also mill the blessing in the grave. While an interesting tactic, it is unneeded. Take a look the version I am currently working on.

4 counter spell
4 force of will
4 mesmeric orb
2 stifle
4 swords to plowshares
3 wrath of god
4 brain storm
3 thirst for knowledge
2 sensies devining top
2 isocron scepter
2 orims chant
2 gaes blessing
4 flooded strand
2 polluted delta
4 tundra
4 tropical island
1 forest
6 plains
3 islands

Probably not optimal, but hey, its a start. Hope this helps.

Edit: mabey this does not belong, because I am not running stand still.

xsockmonkeyx
09-22-2006, 05:12 PM
I would reduce the number of Blessings to 1 if not zero. You only really need one as a backup win condition.

Also if youre dumping so much stuff in your graveyard you should probably be running graveyard abuse like crucible of worlds, or flashback stuff like deep analysis.

Brushwagg
09-22-2006, 10:00 PM
The biggest problem with straight U/G is removal or lack there of. I really feel you need something for removal. Even if it's some form of bounce. Straight aggro decks like Goblins can really give you fits. So if you expect Goblins to be there I would probably splash a 3rd color or cut green for a different color.