PDA

View Full Version : [New Card Discussion] Swarm Yard

Tao
09-21-2006, 06:06 AM
Swarmyard
Land U
{T}: Add 1 to your mana pool.
{T}: Regenerate target Goblin, Rat, Saproling, or Sliver.

From the MTGsalvation.com spoiler. Seems to be extremely powerful in Goblins and Slivers.

Lukas Preuss
09-21-2006, 06:23 AM
Wow... this is quite powerful. It seems that Pyroclasm (or any other non StP-Removal) just got worse in Legacy. Seriously, why do they feel the need to make Goblins even more broken? :(

fearphage
09-21-2006, 06:55 AM
Atleast goblins will have to give up a few mana denial slots to play this, so its not so bad. I'm suprised there is no white swarm (rebels?) or elves. Slivers are generally color intensive. I can't see this being much more than a 2 of in those decks.

Tao
09-21-2006, 10:34 AM
I think this land really makes Goblins far stronger and it will be played 4x without a doubt.

The smallest Goblins can block Werbear or Rumbling Slum. You can attack with the swarm and regenerate blocked creatures. With the land untapped Lightning Bolts and Blue Blasts can be countered.

Nightmare
09-21-2006, 11:54 AM
A recent scan on Salvation changed this rumor. The land does not Regenerate Goblins or Slivers.

xsockmonkeyx
09-21-2006, 01:49 PM
A recent scan on Salvation changed this rumor. The land does not Regenerate Goblins or Slivers.

Swarmyard
Land
T : Add 1 to your mana pool.
T : Regenerate target Insect, Rat, Spider, or Squirrel.

Significantly weaker than previously indicated.

Brushwagg
09-21-2006, 09:32 PM
That would have a been a little too good. Nothing like making Goblins THE deck to beat.

Zilla
09-21-2006, 09:46 PM
That would have a been a little too good. Nothing like making Goblins THE deck to beat.
Not that it's relevant anymore, but I think the card was being blown out of proportion. In order to run it, Goblins would have to cut Ports, which is the primary reason it beats control. It can be Needled or Wasted. It doesn't do shit against the primary creature removal in the format (Swords), or other removal like Parallax Wave and Edict. It has no alternate use like Skarrg, the Rage Pits, which is similar in that it makes your Goblins more resilient and also sees hardly any play. The decks that beat Goblins would still beat Goblins even if that card existed as previously written.