PDA

View Full Version : [Sideboard] Suggestions on 43land.dec vs. Combo

Amoeba-
09-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Now that I have exhausted the earlier article about 43land.dec now I need some suggestions on a good sideboard for the abundant combo decks now in Legacy. The current one I have is:

4 Zuran Orb
2 Gaea's Blessing
3 Nevinyrral's Disk
3 Armageddon
3 Pyroclasm

Anything positive would be helpful

xsockmonkeyx
09-22-2006, 12:49 AM
Rule of Law/Arcane Lab isnt bad. At 3cc theyre faster than Armageddon and arguably just as game breaking if they resolve.

Lukas Preuss
09-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Take out the Blessings. Seriously, I've been saying this forever since the 43 Lands.dec surfaced... they are not helpful, since you don't have enough disruption or speed to make them more than an annoyance against Solidarity.

Franz Ferdinand
09-22-2006, 04:28 PM
I wish people would post in the Lands.dec thread, so maybe people could comment on my variant, but oh well. :(

I play black instead of white, and Burning Wish, so half of my SB is a wishboard, but I'm currently doing:

8 Wishboard
4 Duress
3 Pyrostatic Pillar

Someone on TMD has been arguing against me for Therapy instead of Duress, and I have also thinking about letting Solidarity/other HT decks just be an auto-loss and replacing the Duresses with 4 Leyline of the Void for other combo matchups, which are much more common than Solidarity, it seems.

Also, although combo matchups are downright terrible g1, your most powerful tool against combo as a whole is Rishadan Port. It stalls Solidarity greatly. Wasteland can also help you against other combos. Solidarity is just way too difficult since it plays all basics.

umbowta
09-22-2006, 08:32 PM
some suggestions on a good sideboard for the abundant combo decks now in Legacy.

Anything positive would be helpfulI know its not positive or constructive at all, but I can't resist.

-43 land.dec

+ UGw Thresh

You could use identical sleeves and deck boxes, engage in some random act of subterfuge, then pull the old switcheroo.

Good luck.