PDA

View Full Version : U/W/B Rector Trix (Just For Fun)

valor
09-23-2006, 01:16 AM
I've always wanted to play a Trix deck so I figured I'd give it a try. Under no circumstances should this ever be played as I can guaratnee that this is far worse than Solidarity, Tendrils, and even Belcher combo, but its still really fun.

In about 5 miuntes I came up with this list:

Land:
4 Flooded Strand
2 Polluted Delta
4 Underground Sea
2 Tundra
2 Scrubland
1 Swamp
2 Island

Creatures:
4 Academy Rector
4 Stormscape Familiar

Other Spells:
2 Illlusions of Grandeur
3 Donate
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Duress
4 Diabolic Intent (sick rRector combo)
2 Plunge Into Darkness (awesome with Rector)
4 Force of Will (barely enoug blue for this)
4 Dark Ritual (doesnt seem like it works but it actually works)
4 Brainstorm
4 Counterspell

After a little testing, I found that it could go off earliest turn 3, with some good control plays for the beginning turns, avegage turn of about 4-5, a little slow i know, but still really fun. The problems that arose with the original list were a lack of card draw and speed. I considered cutting Counterspells for some effect similar to Brainstorm, possibly Serum Visions, although it kinda sucks. I also considered Lotus Petal over Dark Ritual, although I dobut the speed would make much difference.
Overall I can say that this deck is pure suckage, but I'd still like to make the best out of it.

mercc
09-23-2006, 02:21 AM
How about adding 2-3 Gamekeepers like Auriok salvagers.dec needs?

They should work really well with diabolic intent aswell.

The counters doesn't seem to fit in there, you already have 8 protectionspells, no need for 16.

I'm suggesting maybe..

-4 Familiar
-4 Counterspell
-4 Force of will

+2-3 Gamekeeper
+1 Phyrexian tower
+4 Lotus petal
+2 Culling the weak(really, really maybe :)
more digging?
+4 Impulse

valor
09-23-2006, 10:45 AM
@ gamekeepers: I've never seen that card before lol. Looks like it would be a perfect fit. The only issue is green mana, but I probably could support it.

I agree on the counters.
The other ideas you listed there seem pretty solid. I can't believe I've never seen half of these cards lol.
I was also thinking of doing something cool with Rector, where if you get him out in a situation where you cant/dont want to go off yet, you just pop out some sick enchantment (future sight, decree of silence or something stupid) but I'm pretty sure that wouldnt help too much.

Thanks