PDA

View Full Version : Stax

Goblin Snowman
09-25-2006, 07:07 PM
This is a thread devoted to any and all Stax varients, so that we stop pissing people off by having large amounts of fairly similar builds with different threads, and we stop piggybacking off of the Angel Stax thread. If you have had success with a Stax build in a Tournement, share your tech with the rest of us.

Current Build of Braids Stax

2x Death Cloud
3x Braids, Cabal Minion
4x Smokestack
4x Trinisphere
2x Sphere of Resistence
3x Chalice of the Void
3x Crucible of Worlds
3x Infest
2x Nether Void
2x Uba Mask
3x The Abyss
3x Karn, Silver Golem.

4x Mox Diamond
4x Wasteland
3x Rishadan Port
4x Ancient Tomb
7x Swamp
2x Bloodstained Mire
2x Polluted Delta

SillyMetalGAT
09-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Nether Void? Why? Isn't Nether Void the 1cc Enchantment that when its in play, all players RFG cards instead of in the Graveyard?? Thats a horrible card with Crucible. If Im wrong though, don't hesitate to correct me.

Also, why no fetches? You dont play Suppression Field, so I would think that playing like 2 of each wouldn't be a bad play.

Mr. Nipples
09-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Nether Void? Why? Isn't Nether Void the 1cc Enchantment that when its in play, all players RFG cards instead of in the Graveyard?? Thats a horrible card with Crucible. If Im wrong though, don't hesitate to correct me.
You're thinking of Planar Void. Nether Void does this (http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisplay.php?product=11130).

Goblin Snowman
09-25-2006, 07:50 PM
You're both wrong, Nether Void eats paychecks. It does it quite well, actully.

On topic - Cards not played

Tanglewire - It's always good, never great. I didn't have room
Bottomless Pit - Uber Techy against Combo and Control, but it kinda rapes you with them.
Pox - Deathcloud is better in this deck.
Razormane Masticore - The Upkeep in a deck with no draw killed him.
The Abyss - I have them, and they should go in, but what to take out? Night of Souls' Betrayal?

Bane of the Living
09-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Dude you have The Abyss and your not playing it in stax? For shame..

I dont see anything nice for black stax right now. White got Flagstones and Thunder Totem at least. Blue got Paradox Haze, Chronotog Totem, and ACADEMY RUINS OMG!

SillyMetalGAT
09-25-2006, 08:32 PM
You're thinking of Planar Void. Nether Void does this (http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisplay.php?product=11130).

Ahh ok! Thanks, the Gatherer was down so I couldn't see the card.

Goblin Snowman
09-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Dude you have The Abyss and your not playing it in stax? For shame..

I dont see anything nice for black stax right now. White got Flagstones and Thunder Totem at least. Blue got Paradox Haze, Chronotog Totem, and ACADEMY RUINS OMG!

There's nothing new, except the awesome sauce that is Small Pox, and a better win condition that is Negator Totem. A few other gems that could see play are...

Curse of the Cabal

And, well, that's it. Shut up. The Abyss is going in in the place of the singleton Decree and 2 Night of Souls' Betrayal. I hate World Enchs. Why are the 2 good ones both black, and both fitting Stax's plan?!