PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 1.5 tournaments in Las Vegas

The Lotus Eater
09-27-2006, 06:53 PM
If you happen to know of a good place to play 1.5 in the Las Vegas, NV area, please post or PM me. Thanks :)

Eatatjoes
10-07-2006, 05:56 AM
If you happen to know of a good place to play 1.5 in the Las Vegas, NV area, please post or PM me. Thanks :)

both gameworlds in las vegas hold legacy tournaments, 307-1440( gameworld on durango) 531-9337( gameworld on charleston, give them a call and see what days they hold them, i go to both

Eatatjoes
10-14-2006, 05:59 AM
hoseheads hobbys, on flamingo and buffalo is starting to hold tournies, we just need some people to show up (989-0730) they want to hold legacy tournaments on wednesdays, give them a call and get the details

The Lotus Eater
10-15-2006, 12:50 PM
I work graveyard, so Saturday and Sunday would be the best times for me to play in some tournaments, as I'm usually sleeping during most of the day during the week.

I almost made the gameworld (Charleston) 1.5 tournament yesterday, but I ended up entering a small poker tournament instead (and won, woot).

I'll check into the horseheads hobbys place, though.

Eatatjoes
10-16-2006, 03:28 AM
yeah, hoseheads is just tryin to get the word out there, so if you know some people, let them know, im gonna let all the people that i play with know, gameworld on charleston should be having a tourny this weekend

DarkAkuma
10-17-2006, 03:26 AM
I go to the tourney at Gameworld East every saturday. We have a tourney every saturday, as long as theres enough people. 2pm is the start time.

Realy, we need a new place to go, just not something on the west side, like everything seemed to be. The tourney at Gamewrold East isnt sanctioned, and its run by a guy who doesent know jack about magic. So theres a limited supply of singles available to buy, and the ones that are there are overpriced.

Weekend Daddy
01-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm going to try to come to the Gameworld tournaments on saturdays. I went once a while back and the guy running it let 1 game go on for 2 hours. I ended up leaving due to time constraints. WTH?!

I'll be able to go to Hoseheads in February once I kick the ex-wife out of the house.

DarkAkuma
01-10-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm going to try to come to the Gameworld tournaments on saturdays. I went once a while back and the guy running it let 1 game go on for 2 hours. I ended up leaving due to time constraints. WTH?!

I'll be able to go to Hoseheads in February once I kick the ex-wife out of the house.

I dont remeber any ever going on that long, but he did have some time keeping problems. But after i got screwed by a 25 minute round one week when we were about to go to game 3, theres been alot more attention paid to the time, and there hasent been a issue since.

Daughter of Cacophony
01-15-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm hoping for casual play while I get the feel for the game again. I'm not ready for tourneys yet. Any groups out there in Vegas that play regularly and can quietly tolerate a semi-n00b asking a million questions?

The Lotus Eater
02-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Can anyone confirm that the Gameworld on Charleston is still having their tournaments on Saturdays?

If so, about how many people normally attend?

Thanks.

Weekend Daddy
02-09-2007, 12:06 PM
I'd say around 8 people.

they still hold tournaments, but will close shop in less than a month. I'm trying to get a tournament setup at Hoseheads. The guy is willing to do Legacy tournaments on Saturdays, I just have to give him a date as to when GW finally closes.

I'll be there this Saturday

DarkAkuma
02-09-2007, 04:43 PM
We still need a place other then hoseheads/gameworld west.

If the only places running legacy are on that side of town, im affriad my magic hobby is about to die.

Someone needs to find out if kool collectables with run legacy on the weekend. Sanctioned or not. Just as long as it doesent take a 3 hour bus ride to get there and 3 hours back.

Or im going to have to find someone to carpool with from the eastern/lake mead area....

Weekend Daddy
02-09-2007, 10:04 PM
We still need a place other then hoseheads/gameworld west.

If the only places running legacy are on that side of town, im affriad my magic hobby is about to die.

Someone needs to find out if kool collectables with run legacy on the weekend. Sanctioned or not. Just as long as it doesent take a 3 hour bus ride to get there and 3 hours back.

Or im going to have to find someone to carpool with from the eastern/lake mead area....

I can try Kools, but I know they run HEroclix and Mechwarrior tournaments at the same time Magic is on Saturdays

DarkAkuma
02-09-2007, 10:15 PM
What about sundays? Might be better for some people, but honestly for me, any day is fine. Long as i dont have to waste 6 hours round trip on a bus.

And im not sure about others, but i dont mind starting at a later time then 2:00pm.

I'll talk to some more of the legacy regulars tomorrow, get some more opinions and ideas. Hoefully.

The Lotus Eater
02-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Sundays would be best for me.

As long as the tournaments aren't regularly on a weekday, I should be able to attend just about every week.