PDA

View Full Version : [Announcement] Albuquerque 1.5 @

jazzykat
09-27-2006, 10:11 PM
I just talked to the owner and this is definite. Last week there was no tournament due to everyone hoarding their money for the pre-release.

Where: Game Gopher in the plaza located at the NW corner of San Mateo and Osuna - look for a Pier 1 from the road. It is right next to Laffs comedy club.
What: Unsanctioned 1.5 Tournament (most likely double elim), The entry fee is $6 and you are playing for packs. 2 packs per person goes into the prize pool.
Prizes will probably go down to the top 4.
How: to contact the owner for more info: 505 352 0593
When: 9/29/2006 Tournament begins at 7:30

Metagame: Wide open.

jazzykat
09-30-2006, 01:04 PM
It was a small fun tourney. Prize support was quite good 14 packs for only 7 people! This looks like it will be weekly so you should definitely come for the next one!

jazzykat
11-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Just an update.

Tournaments have been slowly but steadily larger.

The entry fee is still $6 but the payout is a little less than 2 packs per person because of the dramatic increase in pack prices.

For under 8 people there are only prizes for 1st. and 2nd.
For 8 or more people the prizes go down to at least 3rd.

All in all this is a very fun event with mostly nice people. It is an unsanctioned tournament but we do have a judge to answer rules questions and to regulate play but not to cater to chicken littles. There is also sort of a self regulation to our community in that intentional cheating, stealing, etc. is more harshly punished than anything the DCI will dish out. As a result the tournament is basically a lot more laid back, friendly, and drama free than other sanctioned tournaments in my area.

I hope to continue to see new faces as the metagame is vastly improving and is ever changing.