PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever wondered...

Complete_Jank
09-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Over in China and Japan, do they say things like...

Check it out, I just got my Foil English Watery Grave.

or

My English Foil is more pimp than your regular foil.

Just funny to think about.

Peter_Rotten
09-29-2006, 02:48 PM
So close to lock worthy... so close, but I'll leave it open. Maybe I'm going soft in my old age.

SillyMetalGAT
09-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Lol I dont think so.... From the webcasts that I've seen, Japanese people play with Japanese cards.

Anarky87
09-29-2006, 05:33 PM
They're probably more like, "-Holds up foiled card- Hey, how much do think some American will pay for this?"

dahcmai
09-29-2006, 07:19 PM
"I'll put it on my credit card!"

MasterBlaster
09-29-2006, 10:39 PM
"I'll put it on my credit card!"

Us Americans totally say that! LOL at our big round eyes.

South Park is awesome.

Complete_Jank
09-30-2006, 03:19 AM
So close to lock worthy... so close, but I'll leave it open. Maybe I'm going soft in my old age.

You can lock it if you want, ot if it starts any bad racial remarks.

I just think it's funny how many people always try and get those cards, rather than English.

As for my Avatar, I don't have one, so you can't take mine, lol. :tongue:

dahcmai
09-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Eh, this one is kind of pointless to be honest.

Lego
09-30-2006, 11:31 AM
I think they probably prefer things like Poruguese or maybe Russian now. I know in Italy they prefer English to Italian, but they prefer unreadable scripts to all of those (Chinese, Japanese, Russian, etc.)

miaomiao
09-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Over in China and Japan, do they say things like...

Check it out, I just got my Foil English Watery Grave.

or

My English Foil is more pimp than your regular foil.

Just funny to think about.
Actually we say things like:

Players: Check it out, I just got my Foil Chinese Watery Grave and I can sell it to the traders at a nice price!
Traders: Check it out, I just got my Foil Chinese Watery Grave and I can sell it to the American at a nice price!

In China the price of Chinese cards are higher than the English ones cause traders dont need English foil cards.

DeathwingZERO
10-01-2006, 06:19 PM
From what a friend told me that recently moved to Japan, the only American things from Magic they care about are the original sets they never got printed. Power, duals, etc.....everything Europe is buying at insane prices, Japan is pretty equal on. You're more than likely to pay 2-3x more than the average base American price.

But at the same time, most of the people that would want those cards would look to places like Ebay for deals. It's just a matter of seeing them in person in Japan, or having to get them shipped, that gives guys out there from America the advantage on selling them.

FakeSpam
10-01-2006, 07:08 PM
When I played cards in Bern, the people I played with put English cards over the German ones. I don't know how high in value exactly. I suppose it's just personal preference.