PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] - Pox

APriestOfGix
09-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Well i actually need help with the sideboard.

Main Deck:

20 x Swamp
4 x Wasteland

3 x Nether Spirit
3 x Chimeric Idol
2 x Phyrexian Totem

4 x Pox
4 x Smallpox
4 x Hymn to Tourach
4 x Duress
4 x Sinkhole
4 x Dark Ritual
4 x Innocent Blood

Sideboard:

3 x Cursed Scroll
4 x Planar Void / Leyline of the Void
4 x Tormods Crypt
4 x Cabal Therapy / Unmask / Craniel Extraction

The main deck is choked full of control elements, most of the cards are self explained, but there are a few that arn't:
Phyrexian Totem - acts as non Poxable mana, and turns into a large beater when the board is cleared.
Innocent Blood - The hardest thing is to keep chreatures off the board so yours can get through, this helps.
Everything else - kills hand/lands/creatures or does all 3.

The sideboard needs the most help, as i have no idea what to put in there. The discard would be for control, and the grave hate for everything w/ a grave. Scrolls for aggro to keep creatures out of creatures way.

Pinder
09-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Im not going to talk much about the main deck, just the sideboard as thats where i need the help.

Ummm...that's probably a bad decision. Typically when you post a deck, card choices in the main are the first thing you explain.

Icon Of Sin
10-01-2006, 03:58 AM
First, in the mainboard run 4 cabal pit - they are great against aggro and the damage doesn't matter much vs control/combo.

As for the sb - leyline of the void is better than planar void because it doesn't kill your spirits and can't be force of will'd. Also try infest instead of cursed scroll vs aggro - it has better synergy with chimeric idol and can kill mongeese.

Cranial extraction is awful in legacy, and unmask is not good without card draw. Use the cabal therapies but consider running duress sb and therapy mb.

Negator131
10-01-2006, 10:32 AM
@Icon of Sin: Infest is never realistically going to kill Mongeese, unless you blow a Tormod's Crypt on it (2 for 1 for them) or mull into Leyline, if you end up boarding both. Isn't 4 Smallpox, 4 Pox, 4 Innocent Blood enough answers against Nimble Mongoose anyway?

4 Cabal Pit seems excessive, as you can't get to Threshold right away. Three is a number I can agree with, though.

I think Dark Ritual would be better as Mox Diamond, but I suppose that's a personal choice.

Therapy should be maindecked, with Duress in the sideboard IMO. Therapy is good in all matchups, whereas Duress can be awful against bad matchups like Goblins.

Leyline is better than Planar Void, but 4 Leyline of the Void AND 4 Tormod's Crypt seems excessive.

xsockmonkeyx
10-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Theyre talking about pox w/ smallpox a couple links down (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4300)

APriestOfGix
10-01-2006, 10:21 PM
thanks all for your thoughts.