PDA

View Full Version : R/W Staxx

Son_Gozen
10-02-2006, 03:54 AM
As many of my friends know i love Staxx and iīm a total Staxx Freak so i decided to make a new Staxx... This time R/W and it plays like Wildfire Staxx just a little bit better in my opinion hereīs the List:

4 Mox Diamond
4 Trinisphere
4 Tangle Wire
4 Smokestack
3 Crucible Of Worlds
4 Chalice Of The Void
3 Suppression Field
3 Ghostly Prison
3 Wildfire
3 Covetous Dragon
2 Pyroclasm

4 City Of Traitors
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Plateau
4 Wasteland
2 Plains
3 Mountain
1 Flooded Strand
1 Wooded Foothills

Choices:

Covetous Dragon: Flying 6/5 and we got lots of artifacts, fast clock only 4R to play no double color in its cost.
Wildfire: Good sweeper to get a hardlock...
Pyroclasm: Against the Goblins Nutdraw.... Early "wrath"

Suppression Field: Helps against Goblins with Vials, against Fetchlands, Wastelands, Ports and other activated abilities..
Ghostly Prison: White Propaganda...

Suggestions: Maybe i shall play no Fetchlands and Godīs Eye instead. I am missing the Winter Orbs in this build... Maybe Winter Orbs instead of Pyroclasms... Winter Orbs are gg against Solidarity or any other deck with Trini and/or Suppression Field out....

Well would be great to get a feedback... I tested this Deck against Solidarity and Goblins on Saturday. Didnīt have enough time to test against NQG, Pikula, Lands Ho! It has a good matchup against Solidarity once a wildfire resolves... and Goblins are ok...

Goblin Snowman
10-02-2006, 12:14 PM
My suggestions are
More Razia's Purifacation. Like 3-4, that card is such a bomb witha 3Sphere/Crucible/Smokestack/Prison/Always.
Have you considered Powerstone Minefield? It wrecks Goblins, and is good against everything else with creatures (Like Angel Stompy, Zoo, Madness, ect.)
Do you feel that Suppression Field is needed? And, if so, do you think Fetches are needed?

Son_Gozen
10-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Actually iīm cutting the Fetchlands for Godīs Eye theyīre pretty good with wildfire and or smokestack Raziaīs Purification sound good maybe instead of Wildfires...

jazzykat
10-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Maybe Winter Orbs instead of Pyroclasms... Winter Orbs are gg against Solidarity or any other deck with Trini and/or Suppression Field out....

Solidarity plays reset as well as turnabout, winter orb does not affect them too much.

Trinisphere, sphere of resistance, chalice, and destroying their land with smokestack are what kills solidarity.

Also, have you tried goblin trenches? It looks hilarious as a kill condition and with crucible you can make a heck of a lot of chumps. The best part is that they get the bonuses from goblin king!

Son_Gozen
10-02-2006, 03:23 PM
actually ever seen solidarity scooping second turn? 1st turn trini second turn winter orb and they have to search for their combo.... they have.. you always can do your thing if they canīt counter cuz of trini.... you are slowing them down so much with trinisphere and winter orb.. itīs mostly gg if it resolves...

jazzykat
10-02-2006, 04:03 PM
You used the magic word: trinisphere. Of course winter orb and 3sphere together is better than 3 sphere alone. I personally don't care for winter orb that much. It is the other lock components that screw them, orb by itself is easily circumvented without having to waste even a wish to bounce it.

Son_Gozen
10-03-2006, 06:31 AM
4 Mox Diamond
4 Trinisphere
4 Tangle Wire
4 Smokestack
3 Crucible Of Worlds
4 Chalice Of The Void
3 Suppression Field
3 Ghostly Prison
3 Razia's Purification
3 Covetous Dragon
2 Winter Orb

4 City Of Traitors
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Plateau
4 Wasteland
2 Plains
3 Mountain
2 God's Eye, Gate To The Reikai

Side Board:
3 Wildfire
3 Burning Of Xinye
1 Ghostly Prison
3 The Tabernacle At The Pendrell Vale
1 Winter Orb
1 God's Eye, Gate To The Reikai

Well the Sideboard is pretty thrown together... what shall i use in the sideboard??

meanee
10-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Why would you ever play purification over wildfire? When you play wildfire, chances are that their boards consists of less than the 3 perms they get out of purification. And you are gonna kill your lands anyway.
Wildfire costs the same (I know that it is not that freakin' easy to get to RR, but still). Also, if youre playing purification and your opponent has more than 3 perms (say 4...) you're in a pinch anyway. And then it will only kill one of his perms - of HIS choice. With wildfire you will most propably kill all his lands - and a good deal of his critters if he has some.

I am by no means able to see why purification is any good.

Also: drop the fields. They are really not very good maindeck. use the spots to pump up your prisons, and if you like 'em, your orbs.

- meanee

Pinder
10-03-2006, 10:52 PM
This might be more of a suggestion for straight Wildfire than Wildfire Stax, but I figured I'd throw it out: How about Stuffy Doll? He's pretty much the ultimate chump blocker against Goblins ('No sir, you take twelve damage from Piledriver'). They can't even get rid of it with an Incinerator (and if they try, they're stupid). And having one under a Pyroclasm or Wildfire throws the damage straight to the dome, while wiping the field clean. And even if there's no other use for him, you can always ping your opponent for 1 at the end of their turn.

The only problem I can see with the doll is that the mana cost can be a bit prohibitive. Without the strict mana accel that Wildfires runs, you might not be able to get him out fast enough for him to be useful. Either way, I just thought I'd throw it out there.