PDA

View Full Version : [Report] Calosso won 30 duals!

calosso
10-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Here is my fascinating tournament report on how I split with Machinus in the finals of day 2 with R/W Vial Goblins.

Round 1 Vs Parcher playing Miracle Gro

Game 1: I open a hand with lackey, Siege-gang, plateau, swords, wasteland, Piledriver, warchief. So I go 1st turn lackey and he doesn’t have a counter. He goes island portent go. I connect with lackey drop gang-bang and driver. He says go and I win.

Game 2: I still don’t know what he is playing so I assume he is playing standard gro and I ask him and he says no so I sideboard how I would normally sideboard and we start the game. He goes land go and so do I. Then he plays vinelasher kudzu and I nearly jump out of my chair and say “kudzu”. The game goes on I find out he is playing miracle gro. He has fatal next turn but with the help of siege-gang I deal fatal damage and win.
1-0

Round 2 Vs MeatballsinPasta Playing Mantle Affinity

Game 1: He drops most of his hand turn 1 and I do not like my chances but with the help of 2 swords, 2 incinerators and my one of goblin tinkerer I stabilize. When I am about to win the game with tinkerer and incinerator I make the biggest play mistake ever that costs me the game. I lose to fling when I am at 6.

Game 2: I play lackey go he plays mantle, thopter go. I swords thopter and hit with lackey and drop siege-gang. GG from there.

Game 3: I have a slow hand and he has 2 needle 1 on vial and 1 on tinkerer. I lose from fling damage.
1-1

Round 3 Vs _________ Playing R/G Natural Order

Game 1: He goes bird go. I play vial and pass. He plays land wall of roots. I play land and say go he plays natural order and puts in phantom Nishoba. I don’t draw swords and I lose.

Game 2: I play lackey, and he plays bird. I fanatic the bird and waste his land and connect with lackey to drop siege-gang. GG from there.

Game 3: I don’t remember this game very much all I remember is that he plays Inkdrik Stomphowler and I overwhelm him with goblins.
2-1

Round 4 Vs nitewolf9 playing Red Death

Game1: I keep a one land, lackey, siege-gang, swords hand. He bolts lackey and sinks my land. I do not draw another one.

Game 2: I play first turn lackey and he connects. I drop siege-gang and he can’t stop him and his boys.

Game 3: We both keep solid hands but he infests 5 goblins and I start losing to his anurid. Then I drop a lackey and he chain lightning’s lackey and then I chain it back to anurid because he forgot I could do that. Then I waste and port his red sources, then I drop many goblins and I win.
3-1

Round 5 Vs Nick Trudeau playing 4 color landstill (He is luckier then I am and a better player not a good combo. He is the guy who top 4ed at legacy worlds.)

Game 1: He gets very lucky and draws 3 wastelands and draws crucible. He also resolves 3 P.deeds and 3 FOF. Good fucking Game!

Game 2: Before the game starts I summon Sexy Rector to return to me my Didgeridoo and I slap it on the table.
I play lackey and he plays Island. Then I swing with lackey, he tries to stifle then I pyroblast stifle, I drop siege-gang. Then I swing with my team and drop another siege-gang. Good Fucking game (sweet revenge)

Game 3: We keep solid hands and we both stall on 3 lands. I get him to 2 and drop a vial. Then time is up in the round. I get vial to 3 when I have siege-gang commander in hand.
3-1-1

Round 6 Vs Shaheen Soorani Playing U/W control

Game 1: We both have solid hands and I get him to 4. He vengences the board away and he drop Exalted angel. I do not draw swords and I lose.

Game 2: I resolve lackey and he hits. I drop siege gang and keep him off 4 lands and I win.

Game 3: Same thing as game 2.
4-1-1

Top8 Vs Evil Roopey playing Miracle Gro

Game 1: I am on the defensive in the beginning sine he has 2 watchwolfs early. I deal with both of them and then Roopey drops a Jotun Grunt. I play ringleader and pass and then Roopey draws a card which makes him sacrifice the grunt. I proceed to overwhelm him and win.

Game 2: I over commit to the board and he Crusades my board away. Jitte plus watch wolf equals Good Game.

Game 3: I play vial he plays island. Then I play plateau go, and he plays Quirian Dryad. I waste his land and swords his dryad and I win from there.
5-1-1

Top4 Vs__________ playing Iggy Pop

Game1: He mulligan’s to 4, and I get the third turn win with lackey, siege-gang, piledriver.

Game 2: He mulligan’s to 6. I play vial, Crypt turn 1, then I play Pillar turn 2. He never draws a black source through 2 brainstorms and I win 3 turns later.
5-1-1

Top2 I Drop to Machinus and I win 30 duals.

Props:
Vial Goblins for being fucking awesome.
Jesse Hatfield for beating David Gearhart
Iggy Pop for sucking
Didgeridoo, Dark magician girl, and Rogue for being the best lucky charms ever.
Being very lucky
Subway
Machinus
Team Unicorn!!!!!!!!!!!

Slops
David Gearhart for sucking at magic
Shaheen Soorani for leaving to early to give him his duals
Not being able to curse
I cannot type well so sorry for my grammatical error!!
Obfuscate freely for thinking gro beats Goblins

I suck at English!

calosso
10-11-2006, 12:52 PM
My list of R/w Goblins
4 Aether Vial
4 goblin lackey
4 goblin ringleader
4 goblin warchief
4 goblin matron
4 goblin piledriver
4 mogg fanatic
4 gempalm incenerator
3 STP
2 Siege-gang commander
1 goblin king
1 goblin tinkerer
4 wooded foothills
2 bloodstained mire
5 mountains
3 plateau
4 wastelands
3 Rishadan port

sideboard
3 pyrokensis
3 tormonds crypt
3 pyrostatic pillar
3 pyroblast
3 disenchant

Canook
10-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Game 1: I open a hand with lackey, Siege-gang, plateau, swords, wasteland, Piledriver, warchief. So I go 1st turn lackey and he doesn’t have a counter. He goes island portent go. I connect with lackey drop gang-bang and driver. He says go and I win.

I hope I'm not the only one to catch how rediculous all his opening hands were.

Phantom
10-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I don't want to take away from your win because you're clearly skilled with goblins, but how is it possible to have a SGC all seven times you connect with Lackey when you only run 2?

Congrats on the win and I really like the list.

Meatballsinpasta
10-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Hey dude. Good finish, hope to play again sometime.

I still feel bad for the Iggy pop player.

Not only did he draw bad, You drew F'in AMAzazaZING. lol

Meatballsinpasta
10-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I don't want to take away from your win because you're clearly skilled with goblins, but how is it possible to have a SGC all seven times you connect with Lackey when you only run 2?

Yea... He could quite possibly be top deck God, because he is not lying. All his hands were really that good. :tongue:

My Name Is Scott
10-11-2006, 03:23 PM

Congrats on the win and I really like the list.
1. He's not skilled with goblins.
2. Shuffle his deck.

SillyMetalGAT
10-11-2006, 03:34 PM
2. Shuffle his deck.

3. He uses Yu-Gi-Oh cards as "lucky charms".........

Anusien
10-11-2006, 03:49 PM
3. He uses Yu-Gi-Oh cards as "lucky charms".........
They have to have some purpose, and it sure as hell isn't to play cards with them.

ShaheenSoorani
10-11-2006, 04:54 PM
UW Control nuucccaasss UW Control....

That reminds me, who is showing up in VA Beach for the easiest Mox Jet in the world to win. Skill-less format, legacy, like twenty locals. Easy cleanup, and more valuable than silly dual lands.

I think the Jet is beta also.

OH! And did I mention my UW control had one loss at that dual for duals? Just one loss, and draws because Jimmy and James play hella slow....like hella slow. I fixed the list up and made it more legacy compatable, and I don't plan on losing a match this weekend.

I love all you legacy kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even Calosso :)

PS: The signature is bascially an advertisement for playing outside of the legacy format, duals here duals there blah, this is over seven thousand dollars lifetime! And I'm a SCRUB, good lord.

Di
10-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Maybe it's just some ancient Peruvian philosophy to believe in the 'heart of the cards' and you be rewarded. His reward happened to be God-hands every damn round.

Or Calosso is a dirty Hispanic cheater. You decide. (poll to follow!)

Parcher
10-11-2006, 05:35 PM
It also sounds like the Siege-Gang in game two allowed you to swing for the win. The only possible out you had that game was to topdeck the Siege-Game, resolve it, have me not Plow it, and then topdeck a land the following turn to shoot the last points through. While I admit it wasn't the best match up for me, a tremendous amount of luck was involved in that win.

NANTUKO_SHADY
10-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Great job Calosso, it was a pleasure watching you smash people with turn 1 lackey. Although some of that was in order, seeming as how you got double FoFed up the asshole against Nick. So now the question remains, is Calosso better at magic than Dave Gearhart!?!? :eek:

Eldariel
10-11-2006, 06:40 PM
I find it funny how decks like red death fail to mulligan into an answer to turn 1 Lackey on draw against Goblins. I mean, every Gobs-player prolly mulls into that Lackey anyways so if you can't answer it, you're pretty much toast and yet that's quite a few answerless hands kept...

I wonder how Shareen Soorani managed to do so twice a row. Maybe he mulled to 5 or something? It just seems wrong to have no answer to turn 1 Lackey when you're on play -.-

Parcher
10-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Since no one else spoke up.

I think it needs to be noted that not only is Calosso the biggest lucksack at the tournament, but that Michael Morgan was the unluckiest.

Not only did his deck get swiped between round six and the Top 8, he got the worst draws anyone has ever seen against Calosso.

I think someone here needs to thank Krieger and Anwar for putting his exact decklist together in an extremely quick fashion so that he could at least play.

Unfortunately, that good Karma did not transfer into his match.:frown:

Ewokslayer
10-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Since no one else spoke up.

I think it needs to be noted that not only is Calosso the biggest lucksack at the tournament, but that Michael Morgan was the unluckiest.

Not only did his deck get swiped between round six and the Top 8, he got the worst draws anyone has ever seen against Calosso.

I think someone here needs to thank Krieger and Anwar for putting his exact decklist together in an extremely quick fashion so that he could at least play.

Unfortunately, that good Karma did not transfer into his match.:frown:

Another stolen deck at a Legacy tournament. What are we, type 2 players?

TripleAgent
10-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Yea... He could quite possibly be top deck God, because he is not lying. All his hands were really that good. :tongue:

WTF? Think about it again. :mad:

foursquare
10-16-2006, 08:47 PM

Meatball, I gotta say that a few others and myself kinda laughed when you did the whole "face wash" thing that 50cent does in your top 4 match. It was pretty sweet.

EDIT

2. Shuffle his deck.

QFMFT

SillyMetalGAT
10-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Its funny, I think Gearheart put it best. Just slow everything down and go phase by phase, that way he cant "lucksack" (CHEAT). Then he gets frustrated and loses. Just zone his voice out and laugh at his lucky charms. Think through your plays and hopefully we wont have to read another t8 from him.

foursquare
10-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Haha, it's funny how this turned into a flame calosso thread. I guess while we're at it....
Scott remember at the Coldsnap Release D4Ds when Calosso was staring at a certain card and he heard us laughing at him cause he knew exactly why we were laughing?

SillyMetalGAT
10-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Haha, it's funny how this turned into a flame calosso thread. I guess while we're at it....
Scott remember at the Coldsnap Release D4Ds when Calosso was staring at a certain card and he heard us laughing at him cause he knew exactly why we were laughing?

Inside joke FTW/L?

Meatballsinpasta
10-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Meatball, I gotta say that a few others and myself kinda laughed when you did the whole "face wash" thing that 50cent does in your top 4 match. It was pretty sweet.

hehe =]

thank you...haha

Meatballsinpasta
10-16-2006, 09:25 PM
WTF? Think about it again. :mad:

O sorry Darryn, o.k. Darryn Felton is the top deck "God" if any of you know him and his skill.

foursquare
10-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Inside joke FTW/L?

It was a Magic card with cleavage.
It's not so inside anymore...