PDA

View Full Version : Harmonic Sliver vs. Humility

Volt
10-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Opponent has Humility on the board. I play a Harmonic Sliver. Do I get to destroy the Humility? I'm thinking no.

quicksilver
10-12-2006, 05:50 PM
No, the ability triggers once the sliver hits play, at which point it has already lost the ability.

Pinder
10-13-2006, 03:39 PM
On that same note, does Harmonic Sliver kill Engineered Plague? I believe it does, but I'm not sure if SBEs check before or after it's had the chance to trigger before it dies.

quicksilver
10-13-2006, 03:40 PM
On that same note, does Harmonic Sliver kill Engineered Plague? I believe it does, but I'm not sure if SBEs check before or after it's had the chance to trigger before it dies.

It does kill engineered plague

Ewokslayer
10-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Harmonic Sliver kills E-Plague.
It has to come into play in order to be effected by E-Plague and for SBEs to be checked at which point the ability will be on the stack.
So,
Humilty > Comes into play > E-Plague > Activated Abilities

Pinder
10-13-2006, 03:44 PM
So SBEs check after it triggers? That's good to know. I was worried that SBEs would check after Harmonic Sliver resolved, and kill it before it triggered.

So I guess we have to counter Humility.

Ewokslayer
10-13-2006, 03:49 PM
SBEs are checked whenever a player would receive priority
I believe it works like this
Harmonic Sliver is on the Stack,
SBEs are checked
you pass to your opponent,
SBEs are checked
they pass back,
Harmonic Sliver resolves and comes into play
Its ability triggers and SBEs are checked because a person is about to get priority (you as it is your spell that resolved).
Harmonic Sliver goes to the graveyard
SBEs are checked
Its ability is still on the stack,
you target the ability
SBEs are checked
pass to your opponent
SBEs are checked
your opponent passes back
Its ability resolves
SBEs are checked

Edit: This only works because it is a comes into play ability. You would not be able to use an activated ability (Mogg Fanatic) because in order to active the abililty you have to get priority at which point SBEs would have been checked and the Fanatic killed. But Goblin Matron would work since it is not an activated but a triggered ability.