PDA

View Full Version : [Announcement] Cali Legacy Players - Last Eudemonia Legacy Tournament!

Aggro_zombies
10-23-2006, 05:46 PM
So it looks like the bastards are switching to Extended after this...which means this will be the last Legacy tournament at Eudemonia and thus Northern California for at least a year, if not more. Details:

Sunday, October 29
Registration starts at 11:00, tournament begins at noon
First place prize: $100 and packs (number of packs depends on tournament attendance)
Random prizes should be given out each round
Time Spiral will, of course, be legal (so the judge won't have to panic anymore when he sees me play Phyrexian Totems...sheesh, I was just playtesting, I'd already reported by that point)
Registration Fee: $12
Swiss-style rounds, cuts to top X depends on number of players

So far I only know of one other Sourcer who's gone to Eudo tournaments in the past (remember to build something that's not Truffle Shuffle, dude, that deck sucks ballz). Any other Californians coming to this one?

EDIT: Oh, btw, if anyone on here is or knows of a judge in Northern California who would be willing to continue Legacy tournaments, give me their name and contact info! I'll be damned before I sit on my hands for a year waiting for Eudemonia to get its act together and host more Legacy events.

EDIT2: I might even get off my lazy ass and write a tournament report for this one...even if I get DE-stroyed like I got at the last two tournaments.

TheDarkshineKnight
10-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Fuck North and South California. When the hell is Central California going to have some tournaments. Hell, we practically don't even have T2 tounies here.

Aggro_zombies
10-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Fuck North and South California. When the hell is Central California going to have some tournaments. Hell, we practically don't even have T2 tounies here.
I feel your pain. That's the way it usually is around here too, except when Eudemonia runs these or the Vintage tournaments.

jamest
10-24-2006, 03:12 PM
So far I only know of one other Sourcer who's gone to Eudo tournaments in the past ...
I played in a number of their Legacy tournaments before moving.

Oh, btw, if anyone on here is or knows of a judge in Northern California who would be willing to continue Legacy tournaments, give me their name and contact info! I'll be damned before I sit on my hands for a year waiting for Eudemonia to get its act together and host more Legacy events.

Good idea. If the prize structure was improved (i.e. Mox and higher entry fees), I think you'd get more people to show up. Also, the upcoming Legacy Grand Prix should help draw more attention to the format.