PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] R/U/w scepter control

Baiken87
10-29-2006, 03:12 AM
So what im thinking with this is alot of cheap instants taht can be abused with Scepter and Izzet Guildmage, well at teh same tiem being a decent 3c control build. I just built this today and as such havent had a chance for testing yet.

Counters
4x Remand
3x Mana Leak
Draw
4x Brainstorm
4x Accumalated Knowledge
Removal
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Lightning Helix
4x StP
Copying tech
4x Isochron Scepter
3x Izzet Guildmage
Win
3x Eternal Dragon
3x Orims Chant

Card Analyses
Remand- Tempo advantage and it replaces it self. (considering Memory Lapse)
Mana Leak- I dont like this in here but im afraid of running Counterspell in a 3c deck. especially in a format where wasteland is rampant.
Brainstorm- IMO this is the best cantrip spell in the format, and i think most people would agree.
AK- Works wonders when copied late in the game. But still unsure about it.
Lightning Bolt- Do i need to say?
Lightning Helix- ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
StP- ok enough of this
Isochron Scepter- great card that can be used with over half the deck.
Izzet Guildmage- Mostly included for a more versatile back up to the scepter. And it trade with piledriver.
Eternal Dragon- Thins out the deck, and hes a nearly impossible to get rid of beatstick.

Mana Base
So i dont have the old duals at this time do to having gone nearly broke on states, however i have U/W shock lands, U/R Shock lands, and the R/W shock lands. MY main issue is im having problems building a base that wont crumble under Wasteland. This is something i need help with.

Sideboard
Havent thought about it much, but probably 3-4 Disenchant, 3-4 Tormads Crypt/ Phyrexian Furnace, 4 beb, and 4 trickbind/stifle. but that will need some work.

so the post may be a little shaby but i think you get the point of the deck. And mostly what i need is advice on any better cards i might want to swap in. and the mana base, big flaw there. Thanks in advance

Koby
10-29-2006, 12:05 PM
I would recommend Memory Lapse in this deck. You can sometimes completely disable the card you counter with it for 2 turns with Orim's Chant.

Also, try out Tithe instead of Eternal Dragon. With fetchland and Brainstorm, this card just rocks. And everyone knows that Scepter is a mana hungry deck that can't afford to miss a landdrop til turn 6.

Solpugid
10-29-2006, 01:02 PM
And as a side note, izzet guildmage does not trade with piledriver. It can't even deal damage to piledriver.

Baiken87
10-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Yeah i just realized guildmage is red....well i was thinking of cutting him anyways, And the dragon was run over tithe because the dragon doubles as a win condition, nd as for memory lapse i wasnt sure if i want to run that or remand, i chose remand over it because i really like the cantrip helping dig through the deck.