PDA

View Full Version : Good deal or no

mikekelley
10-30-2006, 02:05 PM
An unopened box of Fifth Dawn for 40 bucks...

I usually don't buy packs, or boxes. So I wanted another opinion. Would it be good to get these cards for that price? I know there are a few legacy viable cards in that set (crucible of worlds, eternal witness, etc)

It is Chinese, to boot.

Vardaman
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
I'd lean toward "no" but $40 is fairly cheap.

Peter_Rotten
10-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Does 5thDawn even have any good money cards in it? I can't recal any off the top of my head.

Getsickanddie
10-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Crucible of Worlds, Eternal Witness.....ummm

But yeah, I'd say go for it because Crucible is coming back in tenth so it might pick up some value.

Mono-G
10-30-2006, 03:36 PM
You have a map of NZ as your avatar, does that mean you are an NZer? in which case is it $40NZ or $40US.

$40NZ is bargain central.

mikekelley
10-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Haha, it's 40US.I am moving to NZ for 7 months in June. Can't wait. Hows the magic scene down there? I'll be on the south island, Dunedin to be specific.

Anyway, I'm not sure about it still. Hmm. I love opening packs but I can't justify it that much. If it were like, Ravnica or Time Spiral or something, bring it on.

Anarky87
10-30-2006, 05:29 PM
I don't know about a whole box, but a guy that owns a store in my town bought a really cheap box of Chinese 5th Dawn and I cleaned that stuff out, because he sold all the stuff at the same price as the English counterparts. So I got a ton of Chinese Witnesses, Visions, Platings, EE's, Crucible, etc. That was pretty fun.

Ebinsugewa
10-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I would lean towards yes on this one. 5D Really did have some Legacy playables in it for sure. I wouldn't buy packs of it, but you're getting like a buck a pack here. That's reasonable.

Mono-G
10-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Haha, it's 40US.I am moving to NZ for 7 months in June. Can't wait. Hows the magic scene down there? I'll be on the south island, Dunedin to be specific.

Anyway, I'm not sure about it still. Hmm. I love opening packs but I can't justify it that much. If it were like, Ravnica or Time Spiral or something, bring it on.

There is a magic scene in Dunedin they have one or two good players, I believe its small though. No one plays older formats here apart from me and about 12 others in the whole country. There are relatively big magic scenes in Hamilton, Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, the big cities really.

mikekelley
10-30-2006, 10:04 PM
It is chinese, as well. The box, that is.

on1y0ne
10-30-2006, 10:41 PM
It is chinese, as well. The box, that is.

Then I change my vote to yes.

scrumdogg
10-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Voted yes before, what's more fun than cracking a box or drafting it out? At a buck a pack, bonus! Kung-pao on top of that? Hell yes! Post what you get out of the box or who to contact to snipe said box if you, inexplicably, turn this down.

mikekelley
10-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Yeah, there are a bunch of them. Here is the link for anyone else interested:

(it's 30.98 without shipping, 38.98 with shipping)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230042902512&rd=1&rd=1

I just picked up one. Seems like a great deal. I can't wait to crack some pork fried crucibles and general tsao's witnesses.

Fortifitakitors
10-31-2006, 02:41 AM
I would do it plus the shipping is free. At least it says on the auction listing.

mikekelley
11-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Got the box today. Cracked a chinese crucible, auriok champion, 3 magma jets, only 1 etnernal witness :frown: and some other neat stuff. I think I got thirteen or fourteen sparring collars as of my last count. I swear if I saw one more I'd burn them all.

al the great
11-09-2006, 01:11 PM
I saw these too and that person also sold 40 dollar boxes of kamigawa. Ok deal for a person that just stared playing.

DeathwingZERO
11-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Anything printed within the last couple of years has had a really bad tendency to have a horrible ratio of the "chase" cards, like Witness in 5D (less than 1 per box ratio). Some are better than others, but not really anything is past this "shortage".

Typically I'd say no to most of the sets of the Mirrodin/Kamigawa block range @ $40 US(with the exception of Darksteel, probably) unless of course they're foreign. S-Chinese stuff in particular tends to sell pretty well too.