PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Counterbalance + Combo

Amoeba-
10-31-2006, 09:38 PM
Before anything else, please do not bombard this thread with how I'm taking a deck from standard and that bs. I've been testing this deck on and off for a little while and come to the conclusion that if word was to spread if could be at the top of the meta in all legacy tournaments. It obviously utilizes the synergy of Counterbalance and Sensei's Divining Top, while at the same time builds to use the old Sensei/Helm of Awakening/Future Sight/Brain Freeze combo.

Counterbalance Combo:

Lands:(22)

1 Seat of the Synod
1 Ancient Den
3 Polluted Delta
4 Flooded Strand
4 Tundra
8 Island
1 Plains

Creatures:(0)

Spells:(38)

4 Force of Will
4 Counterbalance
4 Brainstorm
3 Swords to Plowshares
4 Sensei's Divining Top
4 Cunning Wish
3 Enlightened Tutor
1 Moat
4 Counterspell
4 Wrath of God
1 Helm of Awakening
1 Brain Freeze
1 Future Sight

Sideboard:(15)

1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Brain Freeze
1 Misdirection
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Dismantling Blow
1 Fact or Fiction
1 Pulse of the Fields
1 Argivian Find
1 Seal of Cleansing
1 Tormod's Crypt
1 Pithing Needle
1 Jester's Cap
1 Rushing River
1 Morphling
1 Trickbind

I am not going to go over card choices because I figured that you guys aren't retards and don't need everything spelled out for you.

Any constructive criticism would be appreciated. Happy Halloween!

Complete_Jank
10-31-2006, 09:46 PM
I might throw in a something like Rebuild to bounce artifacts against Affinity, or even Echoing Truth against multiple Vials which will hurt your counter balence lock attempt.

Amoeba-
10-31-2006, 10:06 PM
I might throw in a something like Rebuild to bounce artifacts against Affinity, or even Echoing Truth against multiple Vials which will hurt your counter balence lock attempt.

I do side one Pithing Needle, it may not be enough but I can tutor for it post sideboard.

Complete_Jank
10-31-2006, 11:09 PM
I do side one Pithing Needle, it may not be enough but I can tutor for it post sideboard.

I'm talking about wish target, maybe remove Jester's Cap or something else from the sideboard.

Amoeba-
10-31-2006, 11:30 PM
It may not be necessary but Jester's Cap is in the side for pesky cards like Gaea's Blessing which would keep me from winning (as far as Brain Freeze is concerned).