PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Godzilla

dahcmai
11-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Ok, yes, I know there are entirely too many decks out there using Ancient tomb and City of traitors already. The big thing is why no one has tried this color before. The king of beatdown will always be green so why not try it out.

Green has a massive problem though and it's not mana acceleration. The creatures all die too easily for what you have to put into them. So I fixed that. So I present, Godzilla.

5 Forests
4 City of Traitors
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Land Grant
4 Chrome Mox
4 Sword of Fire and Ice
4 Berzerk
3 Umezawa's Jitte
4 Troll Ascetic
4 Silhana Ledgewalker
4 Taoist Hermit
2 Zuo Ci, The Mocking Sage
3 Sylvan Library
4 Invigorate
4 Rancor
3 Briar Shield
1 Might of Oaks

61 cards, yeah I know.

Sideboard:
4 Call of the Herd
4 Viridian Zealot
4 Avoid Fate
3 Tormod's Crypt

Ok, the main goal of the deck is simple enough, beat the crap out of people fast. I was looking at Faerie Stompy and my old Blue sligh deck and realized they work well for what they do, but they have the inherent problem all creature decks do. You beef one up and it gets swords away and you have to dig up the next threat. No so with Godzilla. You plain can't kill these guys unless you happen to be packing wraths or edicts. Every Single guy in the deck cannot be targetted by the opponent, but can be by you.

Let's go over the choices.

So we take the better cards typically used in ancient tomb style decks. Sword of Fire and Ice and Jitte. They are plain all out the best equipment made by a longshot. That was easy.

Troll Ascetic - he's big, he's hard as hell to kill, regenerates, doesn't mesh with the mana well but who cares, he's hard to ignore. He makes Rancor seem sick.

Silhana Ledgewalker - Small, but has a nice evasion, untargetable as well as the troll, and generally isn't going to die real soon.

Taoist Hermit - Reminder 2G - Cannot be the target of opponents spells 2/2
Yet another untargetable guy that you can target. No evasion, but he fits the mana setup well.

Zuo Ci, The Mocking Sage - 1GG - Cannot be the target of opponents spells. (yeah there's a theme here) 1/2 He's the crappiest of the bunch, but that's ok, he equips real well. He does get around those Horsemanship guys, lol.

Sylvan Library - It's the green card drawer. Just rip into it. 8 Life is usually nothing. that's what Jitte is for anyway.

Then we take all the goodies from old Green Stompy and mix them in. Invigorate, Berzerk, Rancor, Briar Shield, and a surprise Might of Oaks tossed in for good measure. That should make sure those 3 kingdoms guy's stay nice and large. The Might of Oaks I am actually thinking of upping the count since it's not hard to cast it at all. Wild Might was a consideration also since everyone will be on the defensive.

How does it play?

Well, it puts every deck I have seen on defense real quicklike. Solidarity is actually the best matchup short of Iggy pop for ovious reasons. Turn 3 kills are quite common so their clock is real short and they don't have much in the line of chump blocking or defense that early. I'm not giving percentages because everyone will debate that stuff anyway.

Goblins of course is the biggest pain in the ass. They can go just about as quick and you're not helping with that 2 damage land. It's just a race and you can't afford to go the long game with it. stupid gobbos....

ATS is a pushover. Wall of roots? hah! It mows it down like no ones business.

Rifter can't burn anything in it so it's heavily favorable. Everything lives through slice and dice for those versions that run that.

Thresh is fun, I'll just say that.

I haven't had anyone to play against as far as the Faerie stompy or Angel Stompy goes, but I can expect it will be interesting.

The key of the deck is the untargetability. It's totally relying on the fact no one plays Wrath much in Legacy. I don't see it much and even if you do, you can just play conservatively. The only card I really fear is Flamebreak. That ones hard to get around. Briar Shield should fix that, but I haven't hit people playing it enough to really get an idea of how worried I should be about it. There are Call of the Herds in the board for the Diabolic Edict player and any random control decks that give you a problem.

I know I haven't tested this thing in a large tournament yet, but I totally love how it's working so far and I expect it would do well. Proxy it up and give it a shot since 3 kingdoms cards are not in everyones trade binders. It's fun and incredibly hard for an opponent to deal with. Not to mention, it's hilarious to see opponents hands afterwards stuffed with creature killers that don't work.

frogboy
11-09-2006, 02:37 AM
Turn 3 kills are quite common

Teach me how to draw double Berserk as often as you do.

Complete_Jank
11-09-2006, 03:01 AM
Turn 3 kills are quite common

Are you refering to how long it takes you to lose?

I didn't see Fling in the deck list anywhere.

I'm sorry, but it is very difficult to take your post seriously with comments like the one above.

Goblin Snowman
11-09-2006, 12:19 PM
How do you beat Combo? Like against Solidarity (one of you better MUs), going Tomb, Jitte, next turn The Mocking Sage, then they wait for a few turns and go off. The only concevable way for you to win that match is to have turn one Troll, followed by T2 SoF&I + Equip, then 2x Beserk. That's the only turn 3 kill, I think. Do you beat Thres? You say you do, but I'm not sure how. Rifter should have decent game against you with Wrath, Humility, Vengence, Slice and Dice, Pyroclasm, and recurring Fat, but you taking out their STP and Rift could slow the down. You don't have much of a clock though.

I made a deck called SeNoR sToMpY Stompy since green has good beaters, but I never got around to playing it much. Instead of running 1/2s for gg1, I used Ravenous Baloth, Call of the Herd MD, Iwomori of the Open Clam, Loaming Shamen and a few others that I can't think of.

Cavius The Great
11-09-2006, 12:37 PM
The only concevable way for you to win that match is to have turn one Troll, followed by T2 SoF&I + Equip, then 2x Beserk.

He has Invigorate which is basically free, plus Sylvan Library to pay 8 life and draw into more pump spells. I don't find a third turn kill that hard to believe. Sure it's not consistantly third turn, but it's very possible.

Lego
11-09-2006, 01:27 PM
We used to play Phantom Centaur and Plow Under in this thing, and we tested Eladamri's Vineyard. It wasn't very good though. Just saying.

iOWN
11-09-2006, 03:09 PM
I have been messing around with a similar deck on MWS for a couple of months. It started as Green 5/3 and eventually when I realized artifact creatures sucked, Green FS.

// Phantom Stompy

// Lands
9 [RAV] Forest (2)
4 [EX] City of Traitors
4 [TE] Ancient Tomb
4 [TE] Wasteland

// Creatures
4 [AL] Elvish Spirit Guide
4 [AN] Erhnam Djinn
4 [JU] Phantom Centaur
4 [TS] Scryb Ranger

// Spells
4 [MR] Chalice of the Void
3 [DS] Sword of Fire and Ice
1 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte
4 [SH] Mox Diamond
3 [FD] Crucible of Worlds
4 [OD] Call of the Herd
4 [LG] Sylvan Library

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [CS] Sheltering Ancient
SB: 4 [AL] Hail Storm
SB: 4 [DS] Trinisphere
SB: 3 [WL] Gaea's Blessing

It used to run Plant Elementals over Scryb Sprites, but Scryb Sprite ended up working much, much better since it offers a nice equipment-carrier and can be flashed into play as a surprise blocker. I've found that green has trouble against other aggro so it's best to have a creature that can still attack unblocked with others in play.

Sylvan Library is perhaps the best card Green offers, since it is amazing at fixing your lands, finds answers and can refill your hand. Call of the Herd is close; being an incredible three-drop and can create card advantage.

The creature base is pretty much self explanatory. Centaurs are the best creatures in the deck, being a 5/3 nearly impossible to kill beatstick, especially with a SoFI. Erhnam Djinn is 4 mana for a 4/5 with an ignorable drawback.

I use Crucible because this deck has a pretty stable landbase, and recurring Wasteland really wrecks some decks. It's also incredible good at tuning in your lands midgame.

I've found this deck to have an exceptionally good combo-game, with Maindecked Chalices and Sideboarded 3spheres (and Gaea's Blessings, which also serves as disruption) and a nice clock. Control is fairly easy, especially when you have a Sylvan Library in play. White-based control can be difficult, and if it is played heavily in a meta the Gaea's Blessing slot should be replaced with Troll Ascetic. (I don't really like him MD because of the double-green mana cost; Phantom is the only exception to that.)

Aggro can be a trouble, since your creatures are worse when they play some, but Scryb Sprites are good in most matches (the only flying deck is FS and Sprite has problue). Against Goblins, Hailstorm is vital, and equipment is always good.

In your deck, you are focusing way too much on hard-to-kill creatures, when most of yours are vanilla other than that ability. Having a 2/2 or 1/2 for three mana absolutely sucks other than when you have a SoFI and they have no way of blocking. In Faerie Stompy, most of their creatures are really easy to kill, but that doesn't mean it runs unbelievably subpar creatures to fix it.

Have you actually tested it out, like, 10 games? Your analysis seems like a cop-out and you do not even mention the combo match. Goblins looks like it is unwinnable without a SoFI. Gro's creatures can get bigger than your's. They have countermagic. If you play with this deck a little more, I bet you will find yourself rethinking the creature base greatly.

Goblin Snowman
11-09-2006, 03:12 PM
He has Invigorate which is basically free, plus Sylvan Library to pay 8 life and draw into more pump spells. I don't find a third turn kill that hard to believe. Sure it's not consistantly third turn, but it's very possible.

He needs to have dropped a creature turn 1-2, be holding 2x Beserk, have 2 green down, and be holding pump. If that creature is not Troll, then that pump needs to be Invigorate or Might of Oaks. That's a great 4 card combo that is negated by any countermagic, Edicts, or blocking creatures. It's not very possible. This deck loses to a large amount of the format just because the creature base blows hard. 1/2s and 2/2 don't matchup well against 3/3s and 4/4s. Hell, Goblins can trade one for one with most of the creatures, and they have significantly more CA and creature density.

dahcmai
11-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Ok...

Teach me how to draw double Berserk as often as you do.

If that creature is not Troll, then that pump needs to be Invigorate or Might of Oaks

Really now?

1. mox, city, hermit
2. briar shield, swing for 3pts
3. swing, sac shield, add invigorate, zerk = 21 points.

1. Mox, city, ledgewalker (burn 1)
2. city, (tap in other), sword, equip swing for 6
3. swing for 6 + random other pump (shield, oaks, invigorate), zerk = more than enough.

1. Mox ,tomb, hermit
2. Tomb or city, equip jitte swing for 2
3. Jitte counters makes a 6/6, invigorate, zerk

There's a ton of ways to go 3rd turn. This is not hard to do and I'm not counting the "God" hands. That's not all of the combinations. Try reading the decklist before bashing, ok? Granted, a third turn is typically reliant on a mox and zerk, but it's not exactly that hard to do. It's a hell of a lot easier to do than the only way Faerie stompy can do it.

1. City, Mox, Sea drake
2. Tomb (tap in city) equip sword, swing for 8
3. swing for 8 more +psionic blast.

That's a hard thing to pull up everytime and my deck has a hell of a lot more options available to pull that off. Also, a single swords to plowshares doesn't ruin my day like it would in the above situation.

Also, what goblin deck is going to block to trade against a green deck with ovious pumpers? Sure I'll trade for that Piledriver/Lackey. No problem. If I happen to have a pumper? I guess it's not a trade and there's nothing they can do about it. cycle that goblin all you like. Also, have you ever watched a game between Goblins and Faerie stompy? If that Sword or Jitte comes out it's over. Goblins do not deal with those two cards real well if they go online. Same goes for here. Getting through is not a problem with Trample from Troll or Rancor or just plain having a ledgewalker.

Notice in the second example I used the 1/1, the smallest creature in the deck. They don't have to be big to start out with oviously. The mocking Sage is my only complaint creature. He doesn't curve well in the mana. Troll is next up for being the worst oddly enough. Double green is a pain to go early with. Elvish Spirit guide would go in if I could find the room.

The only work I need to do is more than likely up the Might of Oaks count. Casting the one I stuck in as a tester seems easy everytime I get it and I really like the simplicity of damage you get for the cost.

Also, the sideboard is rough since I haven't lost to anything badly so I wasn't sure what to put in there yet. Enchantress gave me some problems therefore the Avoid fates and Viridian Zealots. Solitary confinement was annoying. I could easily change it up if I have some problems with anything. It's only filler for now till I find a large weak spot. Call of the herd takes care of those Counters and Diabolic edict users. It works like a charm. I had Chatter of the squirel in there for a bit for Edict, but I just couldn't bring myself to play with a card that bad, though it did give edict users fits.

The deck is quite solid, but could stand some tuning. Like I said, just proxy it up and try it. It's a lot better than it looks by a longshot. It's really surprising.

iOWN
11-09-2006, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE]Also, what goblin deck is going to block to trade against a green deck with ovious pumpers?
I would.

Sure I'll trade for that Piledriver/Lackey. No problem. If I happen to have a pumper? I guess it's not a trade and there's nothing they can do about it. cycle that goblin all you like.

Goblins does not care. You'll typically get 1-3 creatures out and then have no way of powering more other then a topdeck. The Goblin player has Ringleader to explode in your face, as well as Matron, Siege-Gang, and Warchief which will all lead to unpleasant situations. Point is, you run completely out of gas while they can continue to pound you.

I do not see why you would attack when they had creatures out. Of course they will not block, as they can just attack you for more the following turn. In fact, when you are left unguarded around the 3rd or 4th turn, you will most likely die in that one turn.

Also, have you ever watched a game between Goblins and Faerie stompy? If that Sword or Jitte comes out it's over. Goblins do not deal with those two cards real well if they go online. Same goes for here.

Unfortunately that isn't always the case. Sure, you can most definitely win games with a SoFI, but that is first counting that you can live long enough to get one online. And then you have to take into consideration that different goblin decks have different answers -- Tinkerer, Hooligan, Matron for either, Disenchant, Dralnu's Crusade; the list goes on. I am not saying it is unlikely that you will win, but you cannot count on a piece of equipment carry you over them.

Getting through is not a problem with Trample from Troll or Rancor or just plain having a ledgewalker.

Getting through wouldn't be a problem as SoFI gives Pro Red. Btw, Troll doesn't have Trample?

And you still haven't given any reason as to why you use suboptimal untargetable creatures. Sure, they avoid Incinerator and burn and StP, but they suck otherwise. They give nothing to any nonremoval match-ups, and therefor don't deserve a slot.

Complete_Jank
11-09-2006, 06:01 PM
So, pretty much your 3rd turn win can be stopped by any LD and or Duress/Counter,

I like the quick aggro beats. It is Aggro Combo, with the ability to play out better against control.

Seriously, have you thought of Grab the Reins and splashing red.

dahcmai
11-09-2006, 06:17 PM
What else does Thresh use for removal? STP

Deadguy - Vindicate, Cursed Scroll, STP out of the board.

Rifter - Lightning rift, Slice and dice, STP, and Darkblast. humility and Wrath have to come out fast with no acceleration.

Considering this deck is immune to almost all of those things, that's not bad.

Most decks have a problem with wasteland. I'm not denying that, though the rest of the decks using the same manabase in a different color seem to do well.

@Grab the Reins - that's pretty scary. I dunno if I would want to try that unstable of a manabase though, it's already wasteland bait. I might give it a shot for laughs though, it is like berzerk 5678

I never said this deck is so totally awesome no one can play anything I can't beat. Being immune to the common removal is nice though. These arguments are starting to sound like posting a deck and saying everything can be countered. Of course there's answers, just not many commonly played in every deck.

Oh wel, I guess I just need to win a major tounament for a deck to be taken seriously. Speaking of which, seeya in Rochester.

Cavius The Great
11-09-2006, 06:30 PM
I agree with dahcmai. I think he has made some valid points about how the deck actually works. Third turn kills are very possible for the deck. I remember the R/G zerker decks of 97' and the deck was able to pull it off, even with an inferior card pool. You guys need to reanalyze the deck before making rash judgements.

Now for some constructive criticism. :wink: Dahcmai, have you considered Isao, Enlightened Bushi at all? it's basically uncounterable and can be cast off of a City/Tomb. It can also be regenerated with the any Tomb or City making it a potential MVP.

Another card worth testing is probably Matyr of Spores. The matyr can speed up your clock significantly and is nuts with Sylvan Library. It might be something to consider.

Props on the deck. I actually have a list similiar to yours that's untested. I'mma goldfish with the deck a bit in MWS and tell you my results. :smile:

Complete_Jank
11-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Just to let you know why I said Grab the Reins instead of Fling.

Fling you sac the creature as part of the casting cost, and thus can 2 for one yourself to a counter.

Also Grab the Reins has other uses, like if they drop worship. Yea yea, I know, no one plays that, but just saying.

Goblin Snowman
11-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Ok, I will admit I have not tested this deck yet, due me not having MWS anymore (mine got bugged and I haven't replaced it yet), but I still do not see how this is a good deck. Your matchup desrciption of Thres is, "Thres is fun". How do you actully beat them? Only 4 creatures in your deck can kill a Mongoose without pump (and the inherent CD that goes with it). They can dig for cretaures far better than you, and just counter anything remotely important. Again, there is no way you should beat Combo. Against Solidarity, they run 8 Counterspells, and every other one can go off before you can really race them. Any midrangish deck, like Faerie Stompy, RGSA, Angel Stompy, or Zoo, is going to be a nightmare. Their threats are significantly larger than yours, and they run more of them. Rifter runs Pyroclasm, Disenchant, S&D, Wrath, Humility, and Vengence as things that are really relevnat. Yes, they must get to four mana against you to cast Wrath and Humility, but watch what happens when they 'Clasm away Troll that you tapped out for.

This is a really ong way of saying it, but I'd like to get up more games and real percentages as opposed to having brief descriptions that sound like threory. I'll play the deck some and see if it works out on my end.

Kronicler
11-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Ok...
1. City, Mox, Sea drake
2. Tomb (tap in city) equip sword, swing for 8
3. swing for 8 more +psionic blast.

Faerie Stompy's claim to fame is NOT that it can sometimes get a turn three kill. It is that it can get a quick kill with some of the best cheep creatures in the game equiped with some of the best equipment in the game as well as having quite a nice slice of control with FoW and Chalice / trinket mage to fetch chalice. Also, please stop saying that FS gets it's creatures swordsed away as we almost always have a chalice at 1 out within the first few turns.

Onto your deck though. Possibly the greatest thing about this deck is sylvan library. In order to abuse this card I would add fetch lands as shuffling away the crap on top of your deck is invaluable. Also you should definately look into the creatures that people have already suggested most notably Call of the Herd, Phantom Centaur, and Erhnam Djinn.

You grosely overestimate the value of creatures being untargetable. The best three decks in the format (goblins, thresh, and solidarity) do not need to target your creatures to win.

Post actual winning % against Gobos, Thresh, and Solidarity along with how the games went and how you beat them. Only after that will people take this deck seriously.

laststepdown
11-09-2006, 11:04 PM
most deadguy lists run stp main. duh.
i like the ehrnams. that's it. looking for GG seems like a pain if you don't have elvish spirit guide.

dahcmai
11-10-2006, 04:09 AM
Well, there's a tourny 2 weeks from now I am going to take it to. I'll bother to write down the turns so I can give people a better idea. I think I might kill those damn sages though, they are pissing me off for that double green. You're totally right about that. It screams for spirit guides.

Maveric78f
11-10-2006, 06:58 AM
I know that it's a bit far from you godzilla deck but, I also tried to make some green stompy :

I tried to make some Beast Stompy deck, and I called it smartly "Be Stompy".

// Lands (19)
5 [TS] Forest (4)
4 [B] Savannah
4 [ON] Windswept Heath
2 [MR] Plains (3)
4 [TE] Ancient Tomb

// Creatures (25)
2 [ON] Hystrodon
1 [DIS] Indrik Stomphowler
4 [FD] Eternal Witness
3 [VI] Stampeding Wildebeests
3 [NE] Blastoderm
4 [RAV] Loxodon Hierarch
4 [MI] Wall of Roots
4 [ON] Ravenous Baloth

// Spells (16)
4 [IA] Swords To Plowshare
4 [MR] Chrome Mox
4 [DS] Trinisphere
4 [TE] Eladamri's Vineyard

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [DIS] Indrik Stomphowler
SB: 2 [A] Disenchant
SB: 2 [TS] Krosan Grip
SB: 2 [RAV] Life From the Loam
SB: 4 [SOK] Pithing Needle
SB: 3 [MR] Rule of Law

The concept is to play a lot of high cost and powerful creatures (at least 4 in S/E), thanks to mana acceleration (12 : chrome mox, wall of roots and eladamri's vineyard).

Trinisphere and vineyard may look as incoherent choice, as trinisphere tries to slow down the play and vineyard tries to haste it. Moreover, trinisphere gives the opportunity to use the GG of vineyard although a lot of decks (deadguy ale or Hanni fish) take burn from it regularly. Actually, that's exactly the case, you should never play both cards (except against combo), but their effect is quite the same :
- vineyard speeds you up
- trinisphere slows opponent down
- together, their synergic effects are null, not to say negative

So the goal is to play your creatures as fast as the opponent and, as yours are bigger, you win the battle. To do that succesfully, you'll need to sacrify a lot of your life, but you'll very fast get it back, thanks to baloth or hierarch. This life gain ensure you a good matchup against goblins, even if they are overwhelming us.

the synergies :
- baloth + all the beasts (every creature except hierarch, wall and witness)
- stampeding wildebeests + witness or hierarch (or even sometimes the wall)

Creatures I happened to dislike :
- Hystrodon : too slow...

Creatures I may include :
- Krosan Warchief (gives a little speed boost, regenerates any beast)
- Krosan Tusker (big creature and mana fixer)
- Hidden herd (good first turn, reacts also on fetches, not really a creature though)

Cavius The Great
11-10-2006, 10:40 AM
I know that it's a bit far from you godzilla deck but, I also tried to make some green stompy :

I tried to make some Beast Stompy deck, and I called it smartly "Be Stompy".

// Lands (19)
5 [TS] Forest (4)
4 [B] Savannah
4 [ON] Windswept Heath
2 [MR] Plains (3)
4 [TE] Ancient Tomb

// Creatures (25)
2 [ON] Hystrodon
1 [DIS] Indrik Stomphowler
4 [FD] Eternal Witness
3 [VI] Stampeding Wildebeests
3 [NE] Blastoderm
4 [RAV] Loxodon Hierarch
4 [MI] Wall of Roots
4 [ON] Ravenous Baloth

// Spells (16)
4 [IA] Swords To Plowshare
4 [MR] Chrome Mox
4 [DS] Trinisphere
4 [TE] Eladamri's Vineyard

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [DIS] Indrik Stomphowler
SB: 2 [A] Disenchant
SB: 2 [TS] Krosan Grip
SB: 2 [RAV] Life From the Loam
SB: 4 [SOK] Pithing Needle
SB: 3 [MR] Rule of Law

The concept is to play a lot of high cost and powerful creatures (at least 4 in S/E), thanks to mana acceleration (12 : chrome mox, wall of roots and eladamri's vineyard).

Trinisphere and vineyard may look as incoherent choice, as trinisphere tries to slow down the play and vineyard tries to haste it. Moreover, trinisphere gives the opportunity to use the GG of vineyard although a lot of decks (deadguy ale or Hanni fish) take burn from it regularly. Actually, that's exactly the case, you should never play both cards (except against combo), but their effect is quite the same :
- vineyard speeds you up
- trinisphere slows opponent down
- together, their synergic effects are null, not to say negative

So the goal is to play your creatures as fast as the opponent and, as yours are bigger, you win the battle. To do that succesfully, you'll need to sacrify a lot of your life, but you'll very fast get it back, thanks to baloth or hierarch. This life gain ensure you a good matchup against goblins, even if they are overwhelming us.

the synergies :
- baloth + all the beasts (every creature except hierarch, wall and witness)
- stampeding wildebeests + witness or hierarch (or even sometimes the wall)

Creatures I happened to dislike :
- Hystrodon : too slow...

Creatures I may include :
- Krosan Warchief (gives a little speed boost, regenerates any beast)
- Krosan Tusker (big creature and mana fixer)
- Hidden herd (good first turn, reacts also on fetches, not really a creature though)

Weird, I have a deck really similiar that I've been working on for the past few months. The only difference is that It's mono green and runs equipment with a slightly different creature base. I guess great minds think alike, eh? :wink:

Maveric78f
11-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah, but I don't poretend it to be optimal at all. I did only a few test... Actually I like a lot the hierarch in that deck, and without Swords, why would I play witness during the first turns ? That's why I wanted to include white. Moreover it offers rule of law in SB. I even wonder if rule of law would not be better adapted in MD in place of trinisphere...

I created the deck when I realized that vineyard was a kill against some decks :
- deadguy ale (in no angel...)
- threshold after the random 2/3 werebear+mongoose, they really don't know what to play to get rid of the GG mana. Morover, they feel that they have to use the mana by any way, so that they finally forget to keep mana to counterspell our big creatures...
- funny to beat burn at that game too

My sideboard is awful too... We need a solution against gobs, ghostly prison should be good...

Goblin Snowman
11-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Weird, I have a deck really similiar that I've been working on for the past few months. The only difference is that It's mono green and runs equipment with a slightly different creature base. I guess great minds think alike, eh? :wink:

Ditto. Now I guess I should take my version to a tourny on Sunday.... tell you how it goes later.

dahcmai
11-10-2006, 07:14 PM
It's too bad we don't have an area to join up and play with other Source members on Apprentice/Magicworkshop here kind of like a chatroom type thing instead of hunting IRC or some junk. hint hint. Be kind of fun to say something like "oh yeah? my version is much better" and actually try it.

I wonder how possible it would be to do that.

Maveric78f
11-10-2006, 08:43 PM
I never claimed that my deck is better. I posted it just to offer another way to think green stompy. It can happen that I'm highly confident enough to be somehow arroguant, but that's not the case here. As I told my deck had terrible default (that I can't remember now), but I remember finding it promissing.

Cya on MWS ^^

iOWN
11-10-2006, 08:49 PM
It's too bad we don't have an area to join up and play with other Source members on Apprentice/Magicworkshop here kind of like a chatroom type thing instead of hunting IRC or some junk. hint hint. Be kind of fun to say something like "oh yeah? my version is much better" and actually try it.

I wonder how possible it would be to do that.

You can just organize a game with someone you would like to play. I would personally want to try my deck against yours just to see how it actually plays out.

dahcmai
11-10-2006, 10:35 PM
That's not quite what I meant sorry it sounded bad. I just meant it would be nice to have a space like that. Wasn't tryign to insinuate anything about any of our decks there.

Phantom
11-11-2006, 11:55 PM
Some interesting stuff going on here, but this thread is all over the place.

@ dahcmai: I really like your deck, or at least the idea behind it. Much better version of a standard green stompy. Ledgewalker and Troll are both amazing, but I've had some problems with the number of creatures. Also, the goldfishing is a tad slow on average, so you're going to need something in the board to help with combo. Since geen offers nothing except the craptacular Ichnuemon Druid, it should probably either be Chalice or 3sphere. I actually like Chalice here, even though it shuts down some of your pump. Also, I think a few more shuffle effects (like fetches) would be nice as they have ever better synergy with Library than they do with brainstorm.

I don't like the board at all though. Call of the heard is ok, but assuming you bring it in against Control, wouldn't you rather have Winter Orb? And I think Indrik Stomphowler > Shaman here (It sticks around and doesn't require GG). Avoid Fate is the most perplexing as it can't save any of your creatures. I would replace it with something to help you against Goblins like Aeolipile, Pithing Needle or Hail Storm. Keep up the good work.

@Maveric78f: I like your deck. I actually had a deck like yours that was completely based around the bouncing mechanic. It ran 4 Wildebeests and Serow, as well as 4 Witnesses, Blasties, and 4 of each Wall (Roots and Blossoms). I also ran some Gaea's Cradles to help with the mana. One question though, doesn't Eladamri's Vineyard have terrible synergy with Trinisphere? I mean, you're just giving them an easy way to play around both. I'd reccomend replacing Trini with Chalice, even if it will hurt swords.

Maveric78f
11-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Phantom : I have already answered to this issue. And STP is absolutely needed. MD the best anti-all would be 4* rule of law I think.