PDA

View Full Version : In need of assistance, What is MWS?

Complete_Jank
11-09-2006, 03:07 AM
And where do I go to try and use it? I'd like to try and play test some decks.

Maveric78f
11-09-2006, 04:35 AM
MWS = Magic WorkStation : www.magicworkstation.com

You'll find all needed information there. If you have some bugs while installing it, take a look to the forums' threads called "Magic on your computer" or anything like this. You'll find all the information you need.

You have to know that MWS is probably the best because the most adopted by the community, but it's far to be perfect : doesn't follow the rules (you have to do all by yourself), and a damn shuffler... (we did some mesure to prove that the esperance of the number of lands in opening hand in a random deck was not the theoratical esperance and that the variance was even higher (it means that you'll have more often fulls and shorts than regular hands).

Nightmare
11-09-2006, 10:27 AM
When you joined, if you had taken the time to read the FAQ for New Members (http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?p=69455#post69455), you'd have seen this question answered already.

Phantom
11-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Even if you google 'MWS', Magic Workstation is the second result. As always, google knows all.

scrumdogg
11-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Ahhh, but he can't see that through the firewall on his gov't computer as he defends freedom by battling firewalls & reading Magic sites on the taxpayers dime... Can't be using the Google on the internets while being paid to do nothing as a gov't leech unless you are Dave Price or George Dubya.

Nightmare
11-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Ahhh, but he can't see that through the firewall on his gov't computer as he defends freedom by battling firewalls & reading Magic sites on the taxpayers dime... Can't be using the Google on the internets while being paid to do nothing as a gov't leech unless you are Dave Price or George Dubya.Or me!
Or Jander!

Jander78
11-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Or me!
Or Jander!

Correct!

Cavius The Great
11-09-2006, 12:01 PM
And where do I go to try and use it? I'd like to try and play test some decks.

I've been using MWS for over 3 years now Mike and I love it. Once you learn the interface and whatnot you're gonna get hooked. :wink:

Finn
11-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Def. MWS is the place you go when you need a Magic idea tested NOW! ...and your little brother, wife, grandmother, and dog all have something better to do than play you.

TheAardvark
11-09-2006, 02:50 PM
...and your little brother, wife, grandmother, and dog all have something better to do than play you.

Horseshit.

Anyway, I'll echo the others: MWS is pretty good. I rarely get to play online, but it's pretty solid, and like Finn said, you can whip up a deck in no time.

If you know what I mean.

Aranan
11-20-2006, 01:15 PM
If you're looking for card images, there's a torrent thread that's updated when needed at MWSdata.com. This is the thread (http://www.mwsdata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=783), but you have to register on the forum to view it (free to do so). This is a link to the torrent via torrentspy (http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/892065/MWSHQ_MTG_Pics_Complete_thru_TSP_October_23_2006) if you want to skip the registration process for the currently up-to-date torrent file.