PDA

View Full Version : [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77

mikekelley
11-10-2006, 05:02 PM
I've seen this thread on a few vintage forums, so why not here? And it's friday, and i'm waiting to go out, and I'm bored beyond belief. So here we are: Post your deck/other decks that you've seen that are 'pimped' (god, i hate that word)

edit: need new pics

Machinus
11-10-2006, 05:05 PM
There are differering standards for pimpness.

Usually people go by rarity, which means foil asian signed junk. I'm sure there are some solidarity players with foiled/signed almost everything.

Some people, like myself, go by aesthetics, which means BB, old cardface, english, and best art. But that's an uncommon criterion.

mikekelley
11-10-2006, 05:12 PM
There are differering standards for pimpness.

Usually people go by rarity, which means foil asian signed junk. I'm sure there are some solidarity players with foiled/signed almost everything.

Some people, like myself, go by aesthetics, which means BB, old cardface, english, and best art. But that's an uncommon criterion.
I am like you.

If I could have anything, I'd get rid of those janky white bordered Serendibs for some Arabian Nights ones. Same with the Psi Blasts, Alpha/Beta all the way.

kirdape3
11-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Pimping cards unless you have them all is generally a complete waste of money. You could be buying other cards you need with the money you used to get Beta or foil versions of cards you already do have.

The Rack
11-10-2006, 05:16 PM
I just boght an entire Slide Rifter deck with the stuff from chinese Loxodon Heirarch, to signed alt art Eternal Witness, along with German FOil Lightning Rift and DCI Slides. Foil Life From the Loam with Chinese cycling lands. 4 Japanese Solidarity Confinement and DCI Wall of Blossoms. I'm actually trhinking about getting German Basic lands.

mikekelley
11-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Pimping cards unless you have them all is generally a complete waste of money. You could be buying other cards you need with the money you used to get Beta or foil versions of cards you already do have.

Oh come on, lighten up. You honestly want to look at Iff-Biff efreet with a white border?

Style is so clutch.

Anarky87
11-10-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm really more of a BB border/original art kind of person. Foil is fine and all, and sometimes I eventually foil some decks out, but mostly if I can get the deck entirely BB'd, I'm content.

This is usually my stance as well. I don't mind if the foils are easy to obtain, but I'm not going to go out of my way and drop a ton of cash for cards I essentially already own.

I'm actually trhinking about getting German Basic lands.

I literally have a ton of German Plains and Mountains, as well alot of other German basic land I got for about $2.

The Rack
11-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Don't you know that decks with foils and signed stuff plays better? I thought that was a rule of Magic...

mikekelley
11-10-2006, 05:19 PM
That too. Unless the deck is all foil, the hell with foil. It is kinda cheeseball.

Ta Jugs
11-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Oh come on, lighten up. You honestly want to look at Iff-Biff efreet with a white border?

Style is so clutch.You should buy summer magic serendib efreets.

Nightmare
11-10-2006, 05:25 PM
We have one of these pretty much every couple months.

Legacy Pimpness:

UGW Thresh -

4x Tundra (FBB)
3x Tropical Island (FBB)
4x Polluted Delta (Foil)
3x Windswept Heath (Foil)
2x Island (1 Guru, 1 MPS, or 2 Arena Foil [Ice Age or Alpha], or Alpha)
1x Forest (Arena foil [Ice Age or Alpha], or Alpha)

4x Nimble Mongoose (foil)
4x Werebear (foil)
4x Meddling Mage (signed by Artist and Pikula)
1x Mystic Enforcer (foil)

4x Brainstorm (Foil MM, FNM, or Japanese Ice Age[from Coldsnap Precons])
4x Serum Visions (Foil)
3x Portent (2 extremely miscut showing a second card, 1 Japanese Ice Age)
3x Mental Note (Foil)
3x Daze (foil)
4x Force of Will (ugly)
2x Counterspell (foil 7th Ed - he has RAINBOWS coming out of his head!)
1x Pithing Needle (Foil)
1x Engineered Explosives (Foil)
4x Swords to Plowshares (Foil, Signed by Artist)

That's all I really feel like Typing up right now. I am the Xzibit of my team, though.

So you wanna be a playa
But yo cards ain't tech
You gotta hit me up
To get a pimped out deck.

iOWN
11-10-2006, 07:19 PM
My green stompy deck has some nice stuff (2 Foil CotV, 2 Signed CotV, a couple of Arabian Erhnam Djinns, several other foils) but I haven't really finished anything.

I recently won this (http://i1.ebayimg.com/06/i/08/dd/57/e8_1.JPG) on eBay*... Japanese Foil, signed, altered, and painted, but I'm not sure what to do with it yet. Pimped Eternal Garden, most likely.

Oh yeah, all of my basics are Alpha, although I really have been wanting to replace some with Guru (the art is absolutely amazing).

*I suck at ebay -- setting the snipe up twice which raised the price by 13.00 dollars.

Nightmare
11-10-2006, 07:24 PM
I recently won this (http://i1.ebayimg.com/06/i/08/dd/57/e8_1.JPG) on eBay*... Japanese Foil, signed, altered, and painted, but I'm not sure what to do with it yet. Pimped Eternal Garden, most likely.
I was gonna outbid you on that, but when it jumped to over 30 I said forget it.

kirdape3
11-10-2006, 11:16 PM

Style is so clutch.

I personally would not play with an Ifh-Biff Efreet if you held a gun to my head. However, I personally would not care in the slightest if it was white-bordered, black-bordered, green-bordered, blue-bordered, whatever. 2GG 3/3 fliers do not impress me.

The Rack
11-10-2006, 11:28 PM
My Fluctuator deck is currently all pimped out. (costed about 20 bucks:P). Signed Fluctuators along with artist proof Sandbar Merfolk and everything else Foil. A cheesy but pimped deck.

MasterBlaster
11-10-2006, 11:29 PM
I personally would not play with an Ifh-Biff Efreet if you held a gun to my head. However, I personally would not care in the slightest if it was white-bordered, black-bordered, green-bordered, blue-bordered, whatever. 2GG 3/3 fliers do not impress me.

He was referring to how the Revised Serendib Efreet has Ifh Biff Efreet's artwork.

mikekelley
11-10-2006, 11:33 PM

That...isn't an ifh-biff efreet.

nickvo$
11-11-2006, 02:22 AM
This is the decklist I played at Gencon. I got deck-checked three times that day because the judges kept wanting to look at my cards.

4c Landstill

4 Force of Will
signed and customized by terese nielsen

4 Counterspell
DCI foil

3 Stifle
Simplified Chinese foil

4 Brainstorm
Japanese foil signed by richard garfield from MM

4 Standstill
Simplified Chinese foil

3 Fact or Fiction
Traditional Chinese foil signed by therese nielsen

4 Pernicious Deed
2 Simplified Chinese foil 2 english foil all signed by chris moeller

4 Swords to Plowshares
DCI foil signed by Jeff A Menges

2 Diabolic Edict
DCI foil

2 Crucible of Worlds
English (unfortunately) foil

2 Disenchant
Traditional Chinese from Urza's Saga (cause that pic is ill) signed by donato giancola

4 Flooded Strand
3 Simplified Chinese foil signed by rob alexander
1 english foil signed and customized by r. alexander

3 Tundra
FBB

3 Tropical Island
FBB

3 Underground Sea
FBB signed by rob alexander

4 Mishra's Factory
Antiquities spring pic (personal preference)

3 Nantuko Monastery
Japanese (hard as hell to find foil foreign)

3 Wasteland
DCI foil

1 Plains
DCI foil with Urza's Saga pic signed by rob alexander

sideboard:

4 Engineered Plague
Japanese foil signed by Mike Sutfin from Urza's Legacy

4 Blue Elemental Blast
Alpha

4 Meddling Mage
Japanese foil signed by Chris Moeller

3 Duress
DCI foil

Nightmare
11-11-2006, 08:45 AM
This is the decklist I played at Gencon. I got deck-checked three times that day because the judges kept wanting to look at my cards.I constantly see you bidding on the same stuff as me on ebay. You have a much higher spending limit than me, however.

kirdape3
11-11-2006, 10:25 AM
I personally like spending oh, $15 for a Revised Serendib Efreet playset rather than say $150.

Color me an idiot otherwise, but I could care less. That extra $135 is a Library of Alexandria for Christ's sake.

Peter_Rotten
11-11-2006, 10:55 AM
I personally like spending oh, $15 for a Revised Serendib Efreet playset rather than say $150.

Color me an idiot otherwise, but I could care less. That extra $135 is a Library of Alexandria for Christ's sake.

As much as it pains me to do so, I have to agree with Kird on this one.

kirdape3
11-11-2006, 11:21 AM
To the three people who actually are complete 'suitcases' (that is, own every card that they would need to play every Constructed or Eternal format), go nuts on pimping. Kevin Cron is Meandeck's Pimp in Residence; his 5-color stack is all hand-altered. His Stax deck? Everything Beta or Simplified Chinese foil. His Drain decks? Whoops, those are Beta duals (get the FUCK OUT you FBB wankers, get real cards thanx if you're going to pimp), the same Beta power, Simplified Chinese Fetchlands, the works. His is our most impressive collection by far. Steve used to simply have everything, but he's starting to get out of Bazaars and Shops.

Even his mighty collection pales to Jeff Anand's or Robert Vroman's. Dealers get a huge advantage on pimping things obv, but Jeff's 'fun' decks were all foil (including Wraths and Guru lands) when we played with them at SCG Philly.

al the great
11-11-2006, 11:23 AM
I do agree with all that bling comes at an ultra premium price BUT there is always that small percentage of people that do have alot of money and are bored.

I will be one of them in a few years ahahha.

Funny thing about 2 months ago was some random guy came in to the store and started showing me all his Foil Onslaught lands, BB duals, the works. I just said "cool dude". I really am not impressed because if I really wanted to I could do the same thing.

About a week later that guy gets robbed all his magic GONEEEEEEE.

Owned.

--------------------
The only deck I have semi "pimped" is my madness. All the creatures and Logics are FNM foils WHEEEEEEeeee ....I'm so pimp right now. ....OH and dont forget the half way torn Jitte in there signed by my food that landed on top of it.

Nightmare
11-11-2006, 11:02 PM
To the three people who actually are complete 'suitcases' (that is, own every card that they would need to play every Constructed or Eternal format), go nuts on pimping. Kevin Cron is Meandeck's Pimp in Residence; his 5-color stack is all hand-altered. His Stax deck? Everything Beta or Simplified Chinese foil. His Drain decks? Whoops, those are Beta duals (get the FUCK OUT you FBB wankers, get real cards thanx if you're going to pimp), the same Beta power, Simplified Chinese Fetchlands, the works. His is our most impressive collection by far. Steve used to simply have everything, but he's starting to get out of Bazaars and Shops.

Even his mighty collection pales to Jeff Anand's or Robert Vroman's. Dealers get a huge advantage on pimping things obv, but Jeff's 'fun' decks were all foil (including Wraths and Guru lands) when we played with them at SCG Philly.By no means am I Samite or Vroman or Cron, but I do ok for not owning a store/being a dealer/caring that much. I either own or have access to every good Legacy deck, the components to every good vintage deck, and don't really care about Standard or Extended. I'm working toward pimping things, but everyone starts somewhere, and I'm at the Foils/FBB stage, not the Foil Japanese/Beta stage. I'll take what I can get. Its understood I pale in comparison to some, but hey, at least I'm not running white bordered Savannah Lions. ;)

MasterBlaster
11-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Its understood I pale in comparison to some, but hey, at least I'm not running white bordered Savannah Lions. ;)

I know you don't know me, but I feel as if that was directed at me. At least I like my Revised Lions. :(

nickvo$
11-12-2006, 03:48 AM
A white bordered Savannah Lion will still deal 2 damage to you when it swings, the same amount a Japanese foil one will. I simply hae excess funds and like having my cards look a certain way. Its not as though the cards lose their value, either, so I look at it as an investment.
In fact, I am in the process of liquidating my collection as I am getting out of magic. To date, my "investment" has nearly tripled since I purchased the bulk of it, so even though I might have been able to buy 60 Libraries or 1000 duals, its not as though I lost anything in purchasing my pimp cards; quite the contrary.
If you don't like or can't afford pimp cards, who cares? Show them what matters - winning.

Nightmare
11-12-2006, 11:01 AM
I know you don't know me, but I feel as if that was directed at me. At least I like my Revised Lions. :(Actually, it was directed at kirdape.

GreenOne
11-12-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm sure there are some solidarity players with foiled/signed almost everything.

Yay.. that's me. :smile:

herbig
11-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm with those who prefer english, black-bordered. I also don't really like the look of foil cards. But, I enjoy beating opponents with fully pimped decks.

Silverdragon
11-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm German so obviously FBB doesn't mean that much to me. I also hate it when some kid shows up with his all-foil deck wrapped up in those shiny sleeves you think you get blind of when you look at them for too long.
What matters most to me is that the cards are playable. When they're mint it is of course a big plus but when given the option I'll always buy the cheaper one.

mikekelley
11-12-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm with those who prefer english, black-bordered. I also don't really like the look of foil cards. But, I enjoy beating opponents with fully pimped decks.

Yeah, i'm not a fan of foils in general, I just love that I can get heavily favored trades for them. Black borders are the way to go however.

kirdape3
11-12-2006, 11:18 PM
I mean, you have no idea how much people bitch when I bludgeon them with Revised/4th Savannah Lions and white-bordered Isamarus. Those are actually the awesomest cards I own - the white-bordered stuff like Stormscape Apprentice, Azorius Guildmage, Isamaru, Hound of Konda, Icatian Javelineers, Chalice of the Voids, and others. Vintage players especially hate when they lose to some idiot who makes all their cards look awful.

xsockmonkeyx
11-12-2006, 11:53 PM
As an artist, I really appreciate the artwork of Magical Card art (for the most part). Thereby, I mostly take into account the picture of the card when "pimping" out my decks, over black border, condition, etc. For example, I'll take a fifth edition Goblin King over a Beta one any day just because I love that picture.

Otherwise, my preferences are usually black border, non-foil, and English as well. An exception is white bordered duals because they are way easier to fetch when they are the only white bordered cards in the deck. For basic lands prefer the large mana symbols* (portal 1+2) , over stuff like beta and FBB for largely the same reason; they are easier to fetch.

*wouldnt it be cool if they printed Dark rituals, Seething Song, etc with large mana symbols a-la portal? Three big skulls on a ritual would be teh shitz (correct me if they have already done this).

UrDraco
11-15-2006, 02:18 AM
Personally I feel like foil asain cards are a little too cliché. If all you are going for is the most expensive deck possible then yes, foil miscut crimped artist altered asian is the way to go. The thing I hate though is that asain card collectors are catered to. Asain cards are more expensive yes, but not at all hard to find. Personally I love pimping out with only german cards because you have to search and try to find them. That and I have had my opponent reach over to read my card, start to read it and go, "what the who in the where is this, it looked like dit was english?", asian cards don't really have that effect.

MattH
11-16-2006, 08:04 PM
I mean, you have no idea how much people bitch when I bludgeon them with Revised/4th Savannah Lions and white-bordered Isamarus. Those are actually the awesomest cards I own - the white-bordered stuff like Stormscape Apprentice, Azorius Guildmage, Isamaru, Hound of Konda, Icatian Javelineers, Chalice of the Voids, and others. Vintage players especially hate when they lose to some idiot who makes all their cards look awful.

Where do you even get WB isamarus?

Bryant Cook
11-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Staples. The magic of erasers.

Vardaman
11-16-2006, 10:11 PM

Post a pic of your white-pimp deck. That is actually kind of cool.

kirdape3
11-16-2006, 10:12 PM
It involves masking tape along the edges and then a pen eraser. I have a bunch of cards done like that - mostly Vintage. They're the ones that are the most whiny about getting attacked for 2 with white-bordered cards.

Maveric78f
11-17-2006, 07:02 AM
The best in pimping is to play all your cards in asian (korean is the best), so that the opponent can't recognize your cards. Prefer Portal reeditions so that your opponent can't recognize the art neither. Then you can start trashtalk and look pissed off, so that the n00b player will prefer to stop asking when he's got some doubts and will eventually make some play mistakes that can win some games.

The flashy-foil-sparkling-cover option is not that efficient, except if you can recognize them before drawing them.

That is the only interests I see in pimping a deck. But everyone can have the investment he wants.

Team-Hero
11-17-2006, 04:05 PM
I actually do the opposite of pimping out my deck. I look to see which card out of the playset is in the worst shape and sleve that one. I play with my worst condition cards or the ones that are worth the least. I keep the pretty ones in my house... shoebox to be more exact.

hi-val
11-17-2006, 05:11 PM
http://www.geocities.com/emaillyleh/whitecards.jpg

White borders own.

Citrus-God
11-18-2006, 12:02 AM
The Tinker personally to me looks like shit with the white borders... but that Mana Drain is just so sexy. Post White Bordered Workshops next.

ApokalypseKid9
11-18-2006, 10:06 AM
The thought of white bordering mana drains/other money cards makes both my eyes and wallet hurt.

xsockmonkeyx
11-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Clearly, the guy playing the 'doo is Slash.
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g47/saxamaphone314/?action=view&current=Doo200.jpg

Mulletus
11-21-2006, 11:28 AM
I just waited in line at GP New Jersey for Mark Poole to sign my foil birds. Right as I got in the front of the line I pulled my deck out... got to the foil bird. That's when I realized it's a foil 7th edition... not Mark Poole, but Ed Beard Jr. Fortunately, Ed Beard Jr was there too... so I got it signed by him. I should have had them both sign it.... it would have been funny.
This guy I went there with got his avalanche riders signed by the artist and darwin castle-mess... hotness.
Oh I got my foil aether vials, and another foil bird. So I am two foil birds short of pimping my whole maindeck. I wish the dci would put out a judge foil Survival.
And Rebecca Guay is a MILF.

MasterBlaster
11-21-2006, 02:21 PM
And Rebecca Guay is a MILF.

Post a pic!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a pic.
http://bin.roliste.net/images/auteurs/1442.jpg
http://www.pen-paper.net/images/rpgcreators/rebeccaguay.jpg
http://www.contemplicity.com/images/guay.jpg

Nightmare
11-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Google.com for Rebecca Guay.
Go to her site.
Click "Biography."
Ta-Da!

TheAardvark
11-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Oh, and don't forget, the 'u' in Guay is silent.

Just saying.

Bardo
11-21-2006, 03:04 PM
http://www.heidistemple.com/resources/balletdivas.jpg

Here's another, probably more realistic, but not as hot.

She's on the left. I'd rather have the one in the middle, "sign my cards." If you know what I mean. Yes, I think you do.

@ Mr. Nightmare - You can go fuck a dead dog, sir.

Mulletus
11-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Actually she was dressed in leather. And had I not known she was an artist there to sign cards... I would have hit on her.... " So what's a woman like you hanging around all these geeks for?"

What really turned me on to her was that huge nose... I have wicked-witch-ism.

DeathwingZERO
11-22-2006, 06:59 PM
I've actually personally found it pretty hard to pimp any of my particular decks very easily in the way I like to. The main issue was very few languages got the older cards, and most of it was outside of foiling, which I actually prefer over foreigns. German and Japanese are usually what I try to find if I do have to go for foils, though. I'm learning both of the languages, so it makes sense to me to go for those.

Current plaything: IGGy Pop

Bling:
3x Foil Cabal Ritual-english (christ these were hard to track down for no good reason)
1x Foil Cabal Ritual-Japanese
1x Lion's-Eye Diamond-Japanese
1x FBB (Italian, I believe) Underground Sea
2x Japanese "Beta"/4th Swamp
2x Japanese "Beta"/4th Island
3x Signed Legacy Defense Grids (wish I had enough time to get them altered, but the line was huge)

The main reason I even care about pimping is mainly just to tell people how rediculously cheap I got most of them. The Rit's were $.25 each, LED was thrown in with the Sea and about 250+ foils/foreigns spanning all over the place I picked up for $400 (Later found out the Sea itself being in such good condition can net met $175+, been offered $150 on the spot multiple times from friends).

Here's some of the random stuff I don't have in decks, most of which was from this "bulk" purchase from a nearby shop:

4x Japanese SotF
3x Foil Daze
3x Foil Misdirection
1x German Misdirection
1x Foil Italian 7th WoG
1x Foil English 7th WoG
2x Foil Meddling Mage (1 German, 1 French)
3x Japanese Goblin Welder (wish they were foil....)
2x Foil Compulsion (Dragon FTW)
1x Foil Intuition (DCI)
2x Foil Yawgmoth's Bargain (French, English)
2x Foil Tinker
1x Foil Mindslaver
2x Foil Academy Rector
1x Foil Arena Disenchant
2x Foil Seal of Cleansing

I haven't really put much thought into actually hunting down things online, mainly because the prices aren't anything like finding good deals at nearby shops. Eventually I'll probably get a pet deck completely blinged, but other than Dragon for Vintage, I haven't kept anything together long enough.

EDIT: Oh, and Guay.....I'd hit it.

Jaynel
11-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Guay was at the Dissension prerelease in Boston. She doodled some birds on my foil Wonder. And she's a babe.

Windux
05-17-2007, 04:39 PM
This Thread needs more pics!
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/Windux/Pimp/
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/Windux/Pimp/PIC00008.jpg
And more :D

dahcmai
05-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Here's a couple of my decks. Death and Taxes.

I haven't finished this one yet, but it has a nice start since it's a favorite pet deck. A-pack Plains with one Guru at least makes up for my lack of foils.

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/7692/dandtoz5.th.jpg (http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dandtoz5.jpg)

And B and W Pikula

Notice the Regenerating Swamps, that's WB on purpose until I find more foil Unhinged.

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/3755/pikulapx1.th.jpg (http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pikulapx1.jpg)

Citrus-God
05-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Windux, I love those asian foil Goyfs. I'm so jealous right now....

Windux
05-20-2007, 12:13 PM
dahcmai you know that those Missprinted "Heer der geplagten Skelette" are NOT swamps, even if it's a swamp creature.
So you better play 9ED Swamps then those :P

American: I got 9 of this Foil Chinese Tarmogoyfs, so if you want a playset just say it ;)

Atwa
05-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Why pimp my deck, if it could be 'pimp my gamingroom'? Note I am not yet finished, since I need to do the rest of the ceiling, but you get the idea:

http://www.icbe.nl/Foto006.jpg (http://www.icbe.nl/Foto006.jpg)
http://www.icbe.nl/Foto007.jpg
http://www.icbe.nl/Foto008.jpg
http://www.icbe.nl/Foto009.jpg

I think I need another week to finish it (hoping I have enough boosterwraps at the moment, but I'm afraid I'll have to go bagging at the local shop). The other walls are going to get covered with all sorts of promo material. A friend of mine is also going to paint the door. He want's to paint a dragon on it, but I'm not sure which one at the moment.

Zherbus
05-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Back when pimping Keeper as the trend in Vintage, I got so bored after having mine 100%, that I made the most unpimp deck I could and dubbed it: FatKidSligh. As you can imagine, it had as much revised crap in it as I could fit with it still being the proper listing. Likewise, Bryce (AKA Kl0wn) had the ugliest Parfait deck ever far out-under-pimping everyone.

Citrus-God
05-20-2007, 06:04 PM
American: I got 9 of this Foil Chinese Tarmogoyfs, so if you want a playset just say it ;)

lol. Sure. PM me about what you want/need. I'll look through my book or trade for the cards you want/need.

@Atwa: I love the wall with the boosters on it. I cant bring myself do get boosters, or else I'll slit my wrists listening to Dashboard Confession when I open up an Earth Surge as my rare...

vigilante
05-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Thread needs more pictures. Here's my almost-pimped Burn deck (not that I play Burn anymore). Beta Lightning Bolts, non-foil non-pimp Chain Lightnings (damn you, Chain Lightning!), non-foil Mogg Fanatics (the supply of reasonably-priced Fanatics seemed to dry up just as I was chasing them). Everything else is English foil.

So, Burn.dec...
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n1/vigilante_mtg/P5210033.jpg

What Burn.dec fears...
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n1/vigilante_mtg/P5210035.jpg

xsockmonkeyx
05-20-2007, 11:28 PM
atwa, that room is a masterpiece. :cool: I only wish I could see it in person.

Atwa
05-21-2007, 01:31 AM
atwa, that room is a masterpiece. :cool: I only wish I could see it in person.

Thanks, it look me long enough to make it. I'll post more pictures after the room is finished.

A~A:
I only get some boosters after a new release, most of the time I buy one box for the (un)commons and trading with T2 players. Most of my friends save their boosters for me, and I also ask for the wraps after drafts in the local store.

However, that amount of boosters took me 5 years to collect. I started with only a door at my parents house.

Oddball
05-21-2007, 02:03 AM
However, that amount of boosters took me 5 years to collect. I started with only a door at my parents house.

Well, you will never get a girl :P

xsockmonkeyx
05-21-2007, 02:09 AM
He is recently married I believe.

Atwa
05-21-2007, 02:55 AM
Well, you will never get a girl :P

I met this very cute girl when I was still living with my parents. After a while, she visited my room, and she didn't even ask what Magic was, since her brother also used to play it. She thought my door was kind of cute actually.

Guess what, we have been married for 3.5 years now.

Citrus-God
05-21-2007, 10:03 AM
I met this very cute girl when I was still living with my parent. After a while, she visited my room, and she didn't even ask what Magic was, since her brother also used to play it. She thought my door was kind of cute actually.

Guess what, we have been married for 3.5 years now.

Damn dude, he ridin' that shit.

I tried to go for a magic theme room, but I ended up getting two cases of Dice Poker Chips. My parents think I'm crazy right now, because I said I wanted to be a professional Poker player when I grow up. I guess I'm gonna stick to that plan...

Atwa
05-21-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't play poker. I play all sorts of pub(card)games, boardgames, computergames, magic, but somehow I never got into playing poker. Maybe since there isn't really a scene for it over here.

Some TV stations tried to get some interest, by broadcasting some professional games, as well as a 'poker with the stars' series, but maybe the Dutch simply aren't interested in it.

Maybe it's for the better. Magic costs me a load of money, and if I also tried to play poker, it would simply cost me too much. I was also interested in playing warhammer for a while, but I also got less interested when I looked at the pricetag on some of the units.

Citrus-God
05-21-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't play poker. I play all sorts of pub(card)games, boardgames, computergames, magic, but somehow I never got into playing poker. Maybe since there isn't really a scene for it over here.

Some TV stations tried to get some interest, by broadcasting some professional games, as well as a 'poker with the stars' series, but maybe the Dutch simply aren't interested in it.

I know. Marcel Lusk, Noah Boeken (former Euro Nats Champ), and Dave Williams all play poker. I really like the way Dave plays. I'm sure the dutch would love that show. Most europeans I've met would much rather play Omaha than Hold'em. I personally love, both, but w/e. Then again, it's just the europeans I know, I'm really unsure of the whole continent in general really.

Maybe it's for the better. Magic costs me a load of money, and if I also tried to play poker, it would simply cost me too much. I was also interested in playing warhammer for a while, but I also got less interested when I looked at the pricetag on some of the units.

Yeah, Magic is like half my income. Poker increased my income. DDR and cooking dont do much for me. Oh well. Magic is more fun than Poker in many ways. I just play poker because I dont want my amazing hand-reading abilities to go to waste.

Pinder
05-24-2007, 01:18 AM
Seriously, am I the only one who thinks that Russian is the new Japanese? Foil Russian is just soooooooooo pretty.

Unfortunately Russian doesn't exist for a lot of staples. Oh well.

umbowta
05-24-2007, 01:33 AM
Seriously, am I the only one who thinks that Russian is the new Japanese? Foil Russian is just soooooooooo pretty.

Unfortunately Russian doesn't exist for a lot of staples. Oh well.Apparently you are. I auctioned some Russian BB Cruel Edicts that went for dirt cheap. 3x Russian Sudden Death too. I hate eBay sometimes. What really made me sad was my playset of Smallpox, two of which were foil, that sold for .49

n00bas4urus_r3x
05-24-2007, 02:17 AM
I got savannahs for cheap cause the guy misspelled savannah. :laugh:

I do however agree with Pinder that russian cards look pretty damn sweet. I've got a playset of russian signets for T2 that I'm in love with.

Isamaru
05-24-2007, 08:17 AM
This thread should have more pictures! :)

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48706&d=1179788763

Nightmare
05-24-2007, 09:14 AM

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48706&d=1179788763Didn't you like, invent that deck? How is it not more pimp than that?

Happy Gilmore
05-24-2007, 10:44 AM

All the foil cards are meh, but the play mat is awsome. Where did you get that? I've never seen a blood red one before.

Sea R Hill
05-28-2007, 06:11 AM

The white bordered underground is just awful...:eek:

luka66_6
05-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Pimp thread needs more pictures. :cool:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f41/luka66_6/IMG_1605.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f41/luka66_6/Untitled-1copy.jpg

Sea R Hill
05-31-2007, 05:10 AM
Pimp thread needs more pictures. :cool:

How is this a legacy deck?:confused:

Windux
05-31-2007, 06:07 AM
Whatever? I want that Japanese Flooded Strand. Got a german Signed for you ;P

The rest...nothing special...

noobslayer
05-31-2007, 11:50 AM
What are some good sites for finding random pimp things. I'm currently finishing out some things for Solidarity, and also trying to put together UGr Gro. On that list some of the harder things to get I think will be FBB duals, and German forces. I don't care if the stuff is signed, I'll get that done on my own time.

NANTUKO_SHADY
05-31-2007, 02:33 PM
What are some good sites for finding random pimp things. I'm currently finishing out some things for Solidarity, and also trying to put together UGr Gro. On that list some of the harder things to get I think will be FBB duals, and German forces. I don't care if the stuff is signed, I'll get that done on my own time.

.... Ebay FTW????

Man I have gotten so many steals on that site...

Windux
06-01-2007, 04:34 PM
That's so fuckin nice!
Finally I got 2 of these diamonds:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/Windux/Pimp/SeaDr.jpg

Michael Keller
06-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Here's some stuff I picked up recently

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7729/me1zt5.jpg
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3223/me3dm3.jpg

Sea R Hill
06-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Wow, your Lord of the Pit is very impressive... I have never seen an Alpha card!:tongue:
In which deck are you gonna play this bomb?

Peter_Rotten
06-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Enough cat spam.

Adan
08-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm going to post my NQGw...

part1: The Deck

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/324/pimpdeckwins001gm8.jpg

part2: The remaining Stuff

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/283/pimpdeckwinsqu1.jpg

I recently received my japanese meddling Mages, but my German ones are actually cooler because they are altered by Chris Moeller at the Toy Fair in Essen 2006.
But asian StoPs are extremeley difficult to get...

Citrus-God
08-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I got some Korean ones off eBay not too long ago. I'm sure you'll find them, 4th Ed asian shouldnt be hard to spot.

TheAardvark
08-02-2007, 12:04 AM
But asian StoPs are extremeley difficult to get...

I'm considering getting out of Legacy and I have 3 signed Asian Swords; if you're interested I will contact you if I do decide to dump them. But yeah, Revised Swords look really out of place next to everything else.

Nightmare
08-02-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm going to post my NQGw...

part1: The Deck

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/324/pimpdeckwins001gm8.jpg

part2: The remaining Stuff

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/283/pimpdeckwinsqu1.jpg

I recently received my japanese meddling Mages, but my German ones are actually cooler because they are altered by Chris Moeller at the Toy Fair in Essen 2006.
But asian StoPs are extremeley difficult to get...White bordered Duals FTL. Especially in Germany, where FBB duals came from!

Nantuko88
08-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Didn't you like, invent that deck? How is it not more pimp than that?

The play mat thats in the picture...where do you get those?

Adan
08-02-2007, 10:33 AM
White bordered Duals FTL. Especially in Germany, where FBB duals came from!

Yeah, but they are expansive like hell. And I would buy a Black lotus rather than just upgrading my duals to BB for 480 Euro (That's approximatley 600 dollar or something like that? But my 4 Volcanics are included, so upgrading 12 blue duals to BB costs me that amount of money).
And anyways, they are WB, so i can play them until they disintegrate into dust.

If we should ever meet each other in RL, you will see what I mean when you see my shuffle-techniques. They are definitley not healthy for the cards.

The play mat thats in the picture...where do you get those?

I bought it at our Store? If you want to know who's the fabricant, they are made by Dragonshield.

Nightmare
08-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah, but they are expansive like hell. And I would buy a Black lotus rather than just upgrading my duals to BB for 480 Euro (That's approximatley 600 dollar or something like that? But my 4 Volcanics are included, so upgrading 12 blue duals to BB costs me that amount of money).
And anyways, they are WB, so i can play them until they disintegrate into dust.MEH. You can't be pimp with WB duals.

zulander
08-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Why'd you want to buy a black lotus. pimp your 1.5 cards out, and proxy the stupid power out when you play type 1 tournaments. but if you're a t1 player you gotta go big and pimp or you just don't cut it. the only pimp i play is a foil meddling mage, 2 foil goyfs and a BB badlands and a couple foils here and there.

tpnp
08-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Random stuff I've collected over the years, except the Needle that I cracked yesterday:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q221/tpnp/MTG/Pimp1.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q221/tpnp/MTG/Pimp2.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q221/tpnp/MTG/Pimp4.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q221/tpnp/MTG/Pimp5.jpg
I have more in my decks at home that I'll post at some point.

zulander
08-17-2007, 03:39 PM
That island is hawt. What's MPS?

tpnp
08-17-2007, 03:59 PM
It stands for Magic Premier Shops, this is the only info I could dig up:
http://www.magiclibrary.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3673
http://mtg.takaratomy.co.jp/tc/mps/index.html

Bryant Cook
08-17-2007, 05:31 PM
I need a camera that doesn't suck so I can show off my amazing TES deck...

Hummingbird TG
08-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Scanners are good.

Happy Gilmore
08-18-2007, 02:28 AM
I'll post some better shots when I can. UGr Thresh:

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\DSC00074.JPG
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\DSC00075.JPG
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\DSC00076.JPG
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\DSC00077.JPG

Edit: sigh....I need to figure out how to get those pictures to show...

Afro
08-18-2007, 05:17 PM
MEH. You can't be pimp with WB duals.

I beg to differ. You can go really badass and antipimp your deck which I like ever more. Take an eraser and totally white border your cards and play shitty revised or 5th edition lands. I've seen it done and I've liked what I saw. Just make sure your deck isn't too expensive this way if you don't like the cards you don't get boned when you try to resell. I wanna do this with Sligh but I'm far too lazy to eraser like 40 cards.

Sims
08-18-2007, 05:41 PM
I beg to differ. You can go really badass and antipimp your deck which I like ever more. Take an eraser and totally white border your cards and play shitty revised or 5th edition lands. I've seen it done and I've liked what I saw. Just make sure your deck isn't too expensive this way if you don't like the cards you don't get boned when you try to resell. I wanna do this with Sligh but I'm far too lazy to eraser like 40 cards.

I was thinking of doing this with my Ravager deck if I could find a non-asian set of AEther Vials. Aside from those, I'm not sure I could bring myself to erase my Antiquities Atogs.... maybe I'll scrounge up some ugly ass Mirrodin ones.

Di
08-18-2007, 09:33 PM

I am sure Summer Magic begs to differ, sir.

Also, I think EPIC completely owns this thread. Where are teh pixtuurz?

andrew77
08-19-2007, 12:36 AM
Im kind of curious as to why everyone posts pics of type one stuff like crypt and drains. I mean c'mon i want to see some beta duals and what not.

Bryant Cook
08-19-2007, 12:59 AM
WB is ugly I agree BBFL.

Jak
08-19-2007, 02:23 AM
I want to see some pimp ass decks. It makes me dream.

tpnp
08-19-2007, 01:29 PM
I was thinking of doing this with my Ravager deck if I could find a non-asian set of AEther Vials. Aside from those, I'm not sure I could bring myself to erase my Antiquities Atogs.... maybe I'll scrounge up some ugly ass Mirrodin ones.
You mean like this? I recently got the Fling and Lotus Petals finished, I'll try to get an updated pic:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q221/tpnp/Random/Affinity1.jpg

Bryant Cook
08-19-2007, 01:31 PM
I thought that this was a pimp thread?

Zork
08-19-2007, 01:35 PM
That affinity deck would be pimp if after white bordering everything, you then made the borders all purple or something else equally dark.

calosso
08-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Wow that is the most unpimped thing I have ever seen in my life.

noobslayer
08-19-2007, 02:22 PM
That's awesome. It'd be even better if those cards were pimped in the first place or something cool. Artist altered or foil white bordered cards. Too good.

Bardo
08-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Wow that is the most unpimped thing I have ever seen in my life.

Building a good white-bordered Legacy deck is surprisingly hard. As for the Affinity deck, I think it is awesome, but find it amusing that he didn't white-border anything worth $$ (Ravagers, mainly.) :)

Sims
08-19-2007, 04:01 PM
That pretty much seals it, I'm gunna wb mine. The only thing I don't really want to wb, as said, my asian Vials. I'm gunna see if I can get an english set and start erasing those. Pimp.

Jak
08-19-2007, 05:03 PM
I have heard of a guy white bordering IGGy Pop. Not sure if he has finished yet, but he did post some pics in the SCG.com thread.

Afro
08-19-2007, 07:00 PM
That pretty much seals it, I'm gunna wb mine. The only thing I don't really want to wb, as said, my asian Vials. I'm gunna see if I can get an english set and start erasing those. Pimp.

Couple tips. It is much easier to use acetone and just use masking tape to block off the card art and anything you want to keep on the card, and dip a rag in acetone and go to town. What would take like 20 min a card takes 2 and it turns out MUCH MUCH better.

I like the WB affinity that was posted but as someone said you have to go all the way and do the $ cards. Ravager and Nexus are not expensive at all in my eyes and when I get non foils of my ravager deck I plan on doing this.

tpnp
08-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Couple tips. It is much easier to use acetone and just use masking tape to block off the card art and anything you want to keep on the card, and dip a rag in acetone and go to town. What would take like 20 min a card takes 2 and it turns out MUCH MUCH better.

I like the WB affinity that was posted but as someone said you have to go all the way and do the $ cards. Ravager and Nexus are not expensive at all in my eyes and when I get non foils of my ravager deck I plan on doing this.
Those were next, I've been slowly doing this while at work and lately it's been busy. I'll get pics of those posted as soon as they are done.

ApokalypseKid9
08-21-2007, 11:58 AM

yeah, once I finish belcher, I'm going to make it all wb. The fact that I'm a cheap ass and only have wb duals (except 1 fbb underground sea) helps alot with wb pimping!

andrew77
08-21-2007, 01:48 PM
yeah, once I finish belcher, I'm going to make it all wb. The fact that I'm a cheap ass and only have wb duals (except 1 fbb underground sea) helps alot with wb pimping!

I wouldn't say your cheap for not having bb duals. They are very expensive and very hard to find. A playset of beta duals in ex/nm condition is at least $5000 which is a lot more than a playset of revised which is only like $800. Beta duals are also very hard to find. I personally have a good amount of pimp cards, but don't plan on getting bb duals for a while. Theres just so much else to get.

Nightmare
08-21-2007, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't say your cheap for not having bb duals. They are very expensive and very hard to find. A playset of beta duals in ex/nm condition is at least $5000 which is a lot more than a playset of revised which is only like $800. Beta duals are also very hard to find. I personally have a good amount of pimp cards, but don't plan on getting bb duals for a while. Theres just so much else to get.
FBB Duals range from 40-125 each, depending on what condition and dual. They aren't THAT hard to come by, although they are much more scarce than revised duals. On the other hand, once you have a pimp manabase, the rest comes pretty easily. I'm over half way to a playset of BB duals (I've got all the blue ones, which is really the important part), and 2 Mires/2 Foothills away from a playset of foil fetches. It makes a lot of difference when you look at the pimpness of a deck. Don't forget, your manabase is anywhere from 30-50% of your deck.

goobafish
08-21-2007, 02:31 PM
It is hard to concentrate on one area. When you have wb power and drains, what do you go for next? Shops? Grims? BB Duals? BB Power? Very tough.

zulander
08-21-2007, 02:41 PM
It is hard to concentrate on one area. When you have wb power and drains, what do you go for next? Shops? Grims? BB Duals? BB Power? Very tough.
Don't go for shops, especially not at $300 a pop. Any card that is mentioned whenever the banned list comes up is a card to stray away from pimping a set of, especially when it means buying a set at $1200.

goobafish
08-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Don't go for shops, especially not at $300 a pop. Any card that is mentioned whenever the banned list comes up is a card to stray away from pimping a set of, especially when it means buying a set at $1200.

Heh? Shops are 150-170 now...

zulander
08-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Heh? Shops are 150-170 now...
Ah ok, my type1 price guide is stuck back in 2006.

andrew77
08-21-2007, 08:47 PM

I just recently finished my set of unlimited power and am having this problem. I really want to get into bb power and alpha/beta duals, but they are so scarce in my area. Instead I have just been picking up extra pieces of power. Shops and bazaars are also a possibility, but i have yet to be interested in a deck that runs them. I'd rather go for japanese foil fetches.

When it comes to fbb duals I don't really see the appeal. I usually like to either just get foils of cards that are fairly cheap or go for the pimpest thing out there meaning beta duals. I also really hate the date on the bottom of fbb duals. I mean I would prefer just having a playset of revised duals instead of a handfull of fbb ones, but if I could trade y playset of revised duals for a set of ex/nm beta sea's I'd proabbly do it.

thulnanth
08-22-2007, 12:59 AM
I agree with you - fbb duals have never really done anything for me, either. I have just been slowly replacing my Revised with A/B as able; I'll be pimped out someday :wink:

Take it easy,
Jared

DeathwingZERO
08-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Alright guys, I've got my foreigns and foils going up on Ebay probably by the weekend. I'm listing a thread on here for the stuff I'd see in Legacy and Vintage decks, if any of you play T2 or Extended PM me and I'll get a full list of playable stuff to you. Check out my "Bling for Sale" thread if you wanna look at any of it.

UrDraco
08-23-2007, 11:26 AM
This is in need of more pictures. I love German cards, like a little too much. Here is some of the pimp from my homebrew and a few other things.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2669/u1uz3.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3365/u2xw6.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3778/u3du2.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1473/u4sm2.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1791/u5yv1.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2982/u6wq0.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8273/u7ps8.jpg

Pretty good 100th post.

Nightmare
08-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Very nice.

Jaynel
08-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Spontanzauber!

andrew77
08-23-2007, 06:43 PM
damn, those thirsts look amazing.

Pinder
08-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Awww, you're Gedankenwirble is prettier than my Gedankenwirble...

emidln
08-23-2007, 08:12 PM
These are part of my 4c Tendrils deck that I played at Gencon. I asked some of the artists to make me Goblin tokens and they obliged. Here are the better ones:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1149/1218124588_9a57f91a99.jpg

I might get around to posting more of my deck later. Where does a set of Grim Tutors rate in this thread?

marit
08-23-2007, 10:30 PM
I might get around to posting more of my deck later. Where does a set of Grim Tutors rate in this thread?

They have to be black bordered, white bordered isn't pimp enough compared to the german cards above.

And nice goblin tokens.

emidln
08-23-2007, 11:38 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1365/1219390524_3e951b4cb8.jpg

These Grim Tutors disagree. Oh, and Asian, Signed, & ALTERED Lotus Petal > German Signed Lotus Petal.

marit
08-24-2007, 09:19 PM
@Emidln: I love the Lotus Petals, what language are the Dark Rituals?. The Grim Tutors are cool, but all the other ones I've seen are WB, so they don't stand out as wow, but I wish I had them nontheless.

Sanguine Voyeur
08-24-2007, 09:25 PM
@Emidln: I love the Lotus Petals, what language are the Dark Rituals?. Korean, you can tell by the lines and circles.

The Lotus Petals are Japanese.

Bane of the Living
08-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Im sorry German cards always > Asian. They're generally harder to find which would make them more pimp to begin with. Also pronouncing, or trying to pronounce German cards as you play them is fun compared to the scribbling on Asian stuff.

Ur Draco wins this thread hands down.

Sanguine Voyeur
08-24-2007, 10:15 PM
I find Japanese, better then German because I have a rough understanding of Japanese.

Russian is also good, people try to read it and freak out when they don't identify the letters.

Jak
08-24-2007, 11:01 PM
I know I am pretty lame, but I prefer just english cards. They just are so much easier when you have friends who don't know what every card does. Plus I just like cards I can read. But damn those cards all look sexy. I may not like playing with foreign cards, but I do like to look.

TheAardvark
08-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Im sorry German cards always > Asian.

Usually. I think my favorite will always be Winter Orb in German: Frostbringer. It just sounds so primal and awesome.

Sanguine Voyeur
08-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Now that you mention it, German names kick ass.

Tempest's name in German is "Strumwind," literally storm wind.

Adan
08-25-2007, 03:35 AM
Im sorry German cards always > Asian. They're generally harder to find which would make them more pimp to begin with. Also pronouncing, or trying to pronounce German cards as you play them is fun compared to the scribbling on Asian stuff.

Ur Draco wins this thread hands down.

No they are not, German cards are BOOOORING.

But do you got a japanese Pithing Needle? Do you want my "Lähmungsnadel"? :laugh:

ForceofWill
08-25-2007, 05:03 AM
Simplified Chinese that is all.

DeathwingZERO
08-25-2007, 11:13 AM
German > Asian

Avenging Angel in German? EVANGELION.

That alone wins the prize.

Sanguine Voyeur
08-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Æther Flash is Ätherblitz in German.

This is making me reconsider everything.

Lightning Storm is Blitzstrum. I think it's clear that I like the words "blitz" and "strum."

Windux
08-25-2007, 01:16 PM
I think you mean "Sturm" not "Strum", because that's not a word :)

All I have to say:
Willenskraft > Force of Will

Sims
08-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Eh, to my favorite languages are Korean, Japanese, Russian, and German, though not necessarily in that order.

The only thing that really matters to me when it comes to foriegn cards, is that I really prefer the whole deck being one language or language style. My food chain deck was mostly korean/assorted asian languages with a few german food chains. I wish the whole thing was 1 language, but by the time I even finished getting the deck fully foriegn, recruiter got banned. Just my luck lol.

Adan
08-26-2007, 06:48 AM
I finally made it! The whole NQG completley in asian.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8304/pimpdeckwins002pb8.jpg

Now I will move on pimpin Baseruption.

DeathwingZERO
08-26-2007, 08:47 AM
I've still yet to see an Asian Force of Will in my entire span as a collector. Anybody know what languages Alliances was done in? I know it had to be in at least one Asian language, as my Animate Dead from Japan's 4th Edition was released before Alliances came out in the states.

Adan
08-26-2007, 11:29 AM
I've still yet to see an Asian Force of Will in my entire span as a collector. Anybody know what languages Alliances was done in? I know it had to be in at least one Asian language, as my Animate Dead from Japan's 4th Edition was released before Alliances came out in the states.

I only know that there are european Force of Will, spanish, italian, french, german and english ones obv.

But asian Force of Will don't exist.

noobslayer
08-26-2007, 11:40 AM
German > Asian

Avenging Angel in German? EVANGELION.

That alone wins the prize.

While it was an awful show, that is a cool point. German, Korean, Russian, and Japanese are the coolest pimps. So I guess I'm with CA on that one.

Adan
08-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Anyways, I think I won't ever be able to figure out why you Americans find the word "BLITZ" so funny.

Sanguine Voyeur
08-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Anyways, I think I won't ever be able to figure out why you Americans find the word "BLITZ" so funny.I don't think it's funny, I think it's a cool word.

I think it has someting to do with the "t" and "z" at the end.

Whit3 Ghost
08-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Anyways, I think I won't ever be able to figure out why you Americans find the word "BLITZ" so funny.
*Looks at team name.*

No idea.

UrDraco
08-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Usually. I think my favorite will always be Winter Orb in German: Frostbringer. It just sounds so primal and awesome.

No they are not, German cards are BOOOORING.

But do you got a japanese Pithing Needle? Do you want my "Lähmungsnadel"? :laugh:

@Aardvark: I could post a scan of a german fbb frostbringer, or people could just eBay it if they really care.

@Adan: Sorry, no Japanese Pithing needle, I don't even touch asain cards unless it is to make a huge profit.

This thread has pretty much hit it on the head. I feel German cards are the most impressive because they are the hardest to find/collect for those of us that do not live in Germany. If you want to buy a pimp Asian card I know at least three collectors that can sell it to you, the only problem is having the money. It doesn't matter how much money you have when you want to buy a German card because half the time you simply cannot find it. Seriously, just look up foil German Goblin Welder and Foil Asian Goblin Welder (or polluted delta/brainstorm/dark confidant/anything cool and foil) and see what is harder to find. Not only that but wayyyy too many people love Asian cards just because they should, and that is about the lamest most un-pimp thing ever. Not only that, but if you want your entire deck the same language, and want pimp Force of Wills/Duals, Asian isn't going to work.

DeathwingZERO
08-27-2007, 09:44 AM

Personally, I'm gonna have to go with associating it with the following 2 things:

1) Sunday afternoon tv/video games where I get to watch 3-4 450lb 6'+ black guys pancake some 180 lb 5'5" white guy the second he hears "HIKE!"

2) Reminiscing of all the times I think of the term "blitzkreig", and realize that "lightning war" just sounds less awesome instead, when your factoring in the heavy damage of said war scenarios were tanks, the most notoriously slow armed vehicles of modern war.

Either way, irony is a great, great thing.

Oh, and I saddened myself when I realized a few days ago the reason I was able to sell off my Japanese LED for so high a while back was because Mirage was the first expansion Japan got. Serves me right for smoking weed, now all the useless knowledge I had is dying away, only to be replaced by things I actually need to know in life. Like remembering I own Resets when I'm trying to sell off my collection $D

Anarky87
08-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know of anywhere where you can even begin shopping for German cards? I've been looking for German Dystopia's for awhile, but I'm not coming up with anything.

Arsenal_Fan
08-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Stardustshop on Ebay is a German Magic selling store. I looked up Dystopia, but all they had were English versions in their Ebay Store. I hope this helps.

zulander
08-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Less talking, more pictures.

Ta Jugs
08-30-2007, 04:22 PM

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/cjm101691/DSCF0267.jpg

goobafish
08-30-2007, 04:22 PM
I have just officially unsubscribed to this thread.

Nightmare
08-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Stardustshop on Ebay is a German Magic selling store. I looked up Dystopia, but all they had were English versions in their Ebay Store. I hope this helps.Thats cause I bought the 1 they had. Pwnt.

Sanguine Voyeur
08-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Ta Jugs beat me to it because my computer had a stroke, but...
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb242/Sacul_Kamadaka/Pimp-Boss.gif

Edit: A new page starts with this? Nice.

Ta Jugs
08-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Thats no where near as cool as 8 foil orggs.

Jak
08-31-2007, 04:28 AM
Thats no where near as cool as 8 foil orggs.

I don't know. It is a rigger. I mean holy shit 2 contraptions!!!

DarkAkuma
08-31-2007, 06:50 AM
Show me 8 foil Squire, then ill be impressed...

Adan
08-31-2007, 07:07 AM
*Looks at team name.*

No idea.

LAWL, your team name is spelled wrong.

It has to be Blitzkrieg, not Blitzkreig.

emidln
08-31-2007, 01:08 PM
LAWL, your team name is spelled wrong.

It has to be Blitzkrieg, not Blitzkreig.

no, white_ghost is retarded. he even printed it wrong on his shirt. despite being decent at magic, white_ghost is awful at spelling, even when there is a giant fucking logo on our site with the correct spelling for him to copy from...

Whit3 Ghost
08-31-2007, 01:53 PM
no, white_ghost is retarded. he even printed it wrong on his shirt. despite being decent at magic, white_ghost is awful at spelling, even when there is a giant fucking logo on our site with the correct spelling for him to copy from...
For the record, rsaunder printed the hoodies.

GTFO the both of you/

goobafish
08-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Since when do we have hoodies and shirts? Why wasn't I sent one? :P

Whit3 Ghost
08-31-2007, 02:14 PM
Since when do we have hoodies and shirts? Why wasn't I sent one? :P
Rsaunder only had two, and it was for the glens falls portion of us.

There were only hoodies, no shirts. If I ever get the time I might make some, but it's highly unlikely.

DeathwingZERO
09-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Show me 8 foil Squire, then ill be impressed...

Give me about a week, and $2. Seriously, the TS shifted garbage cards are completely worthless, even the GOOD cards from that subset aren't worth the effort they put into foiling them out. That subset was a complete letdown.

I was going to shit on my foil Squire for ruining my chances at ANY of the other 100+ cards in the subset more useful, but decided I wouldn't want to clean it up, and partially laminated cardboard can't be flushed down a toilet easy.

Cait_Sith
09-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Quick question: Are Foil Pre-Release cards only printed in English, no matter where they distributed?

marit
09-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Quick question: Are Foil Pre-Release cards only printed in English, no matter where they distributed?

Not necesarilly, sometimes they change the language for no apparent reason, I remember for the torment pre-release, the promo was a foil Russian Laquatis' Champion, several years before WotC started printing Russian.

Adan
09-03-2007, 12:49 PM

ROFL.

By the way, if you like german cards, does someone want these?

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8812/portentbrainstormeg6.jpg

Quality sucks a littlebit.

Cait_Sith
09-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Not necesarilly, sometimes they change the language for no apparent reason, I remember for the torment pre-release, the promo was a foil Russian Laquatis' Champion, several years before WotC started printing Russian.

I was more looking at "Are they ALL in one language?" The answer, apprently, is "Yes." That dashes my hopes for an all German Korlash Control with Foil-PreRelease German Korlash.

Cait_Sith
09-03-2007, 01:31 PM
ROFL.

By the way, if you like german cards, does someone want these?

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8812/portentbrainstormeg6.jpg

Quality sucks a littlebit.

AAAH THOSE ARE HOT! I NEED! I NEED!

I am finally taking German too. The professor already gave me a nickname.

zulander
09-03-2007, 09:58 PM

DeathwingZERO
09-04-2007, 06:19 AM

The pre-release cards from Odyssey block through Onslaught blocks were all in foreign languages. Most of them were languages not printed at the time, which made for some really interesting textual looks. Greek, Hebrew and Russian come to mind.

I think the big reason for changing it back to just English was because they were probably just using those languages to see which language they should print next, from secondary market purchases, but that's completely speculation.

SnakeEater
09-05-2007, 07:18 AM
German > Asian

I have a lot of german playable Legacy cards. If someone is interested in a list, please pm me.

I will trade them for japanese (if exitst) or englisch Version of the cards.

For me asian > german. I am german but I hate them.

edit:

Does anyone know of anywhere where you can even begin shopping for German cards?

I can give you a link to a german online trader. The only problem is, that the site is only avialable in german and the cards are very expensive imo. And I don't know if they will ship outside germany. But you may have a look.

Trader-Online (http://www.trader-online.de/login/shop.htm)
BazaarOfWonders (http://www.magic-shop-online.de/shop/index.php?VID=RBD5mwCeZUIE3WWr20070905140155)

Nightmare
09-05-2007, 07:33 AM
I have a lot of german playable Legacy cards. If someone is interested in a list, please pm me.

I will trade them for japanese (if exitst) or englisch Version of the cards.

For me asian > german. I am german but I hate them.PM sent.

Lego
09-05-2007, 11:07 AM
The Arabic one was hot. I'd say that's the coolest language yet printed.

tpnp
09-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Here are a few foils in my Trainwreck build:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q221/tpnp/MTG/P8200185.jpg
My list is quite different, using Tribe Elders and Jens to accelerate into faster Decrees, and then using Living Wish to either grab Coffers or Maga.

Adan
09-05-2007, 12:40 PM
SnakeEater just stole my idea...

n00bas4urus_r3x
09-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Here's some pimp ass goblin tokens. They're from a game called Earthquake WOTC released a while ago. Goblins were red, zombies black, elves green, soldiers white I think and i forgot what blue was.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w111/noobas4urus_r3x/IMG_0979.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w111/noobas4urus_r3x/IMG_0978.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w111/noobas4urus_r3x/IMG_0980.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w111/noobas4urus_r3x/IMG_0983.jpg

BB STP for the win.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w111/noobas4urus_r3x/IMG_0977.jpg

Atwa
09-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Those goblins are really cool.

Since I am building a pimp Ichorid list, I'd like to take your zombies, if you have them. Compensation for me paying for our website/forum and stuff :)

Bane of the Living
09-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Those goblins are really cool.

Since I am building a pimp Ichorid list, I'd like to take your zombies, if you have them. Compensation for me paying for our website/forum and stuff :)

I wish I had a cam to post my build. Its so nice. Foil Ichorids are insanely hard to get!

Atwa
09-06-2007, 12:57 AM
I wish I had a cam to post my build. Its so nice. Foil Ichorids are insanely hard to get!

QFT.

I've only recently started building the deck, and Ichorids are surely hard to get. I was planning on building it all english foil (except for LES, now try those for judge foil!), but people are also hesitant to trade away their foil Gemstomes (TSS) and foil City of Brasses.

I have half the deck foiled out now (the easy part obv), but since I don't see any chance to play in a tourey in the near future, I have the time.

I'll propably play ICBE Goyf Control anyway. Now try foiling that one out:
4 Tamogoyf
3 Pernicious Deed
4 Orim's Chant
3 Vindicate
3 Wasteland
6 Fetches

I'm bidding on some foil Goyfs atm, but they are expensive as hell.

DeathwingZERO
09-06-2007, 06:10 AM
QFT.

I've only recently started building the deck, and Ichorids are surely hard to get. I was planning on building it all english foil (except for LES, now try those for judge foil!), but people are also hesitant to trade away their foil Gemstomes (TSS) and foil City of Brasses.

I have half the deck foiled out now (the easy part obv), but since I don't see any chance to play in a tourey in the near future, I have the time.

I'll propably play ICBE Goyf Control anyway. Now try foiling that one out:
4 Tamogoyf
3 Pernicious Deed
4 Orim's Chant
3 Vindicate
3 Wasteland
6 Fetches

I'm bidding on some foil Goyfs atm, but they are expensive as hell.

As far as foils are concerned, it's best to wait until after the new block starts, and the prices slowly go down on the "non-block" stuff. Goyf's will always be pricey, but with Future Sight hands down being the best selling set from the block, the market should flood pretty soon now that all the block constructed tourmaments are done. That might tank the foil prices by about 1/3 by the end of the year, if my predictions are correct.

Nightmare
09-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Here's some pimp ass goblin tokens. They're from a game called Earthquake WOTC released a while ago. Goblins were red, zombies black, elves green, soldiers white I think and i forgot what blue was.
Blue are like, moonfolk or something kinda. They're pretty generic. BTW, I have over 50 of each of these tokens.

Adan
09-06-2007, 11:45 AM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3876/pimpmages001gd0.jpg

BAM BAM, Scream Slasher ownz yo!

Zach Tartell
09-06-2007, 01:16 PM
That is extremely hot. I'm starting to believe that english-alphabet foreign cards are hotter than asian. Because you lure your opponent into believeing that they could read them, then they lean across the table, and, WHAM!! Shit's in German, bitch!

Also, I now own just under 250 grozoth.

Seriously.

Adan
09-06-2007, 01:30 PM
That is extremely hot. I'm starting to believe that english-alphabet foreign cards are hotter than asian. Because you lure your opponent into believeing that they could read them, then they lean across the table, and, WHAM!! Shit's in German, bitch!

Also, I now own just under 250 grozoth.

Seriously.

But asian cards can be tricky :cool:

I just saw an interview with the guy who was T8ing with Cephalid Breakfast at the German Legacy Open. He always thought: "Abeyance is worse than Chant, can someone tell me why they are all playing it??? But the I got it! Activated abilities are also banned! And when I play my japanese Abeyance, they always think: Naaah, k, I can sac T.Crypt, sac T.Crypt, but no!"

That PWNZ. Some people still try to StoP my Nimble Mongoose...

Kadaj
09-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Just some oldschool randomness:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8640/sexyphlingsmq5.jpg

beezy
09-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Can't really tell, but they're foil..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/bri213/123.jpg

Adan
09-14-2007, 04:12 PM
They don't look like they are.

Anarky87
09-14-2007, 04:14 PM
They don't look like they are.

True that, they only look German too me.

beezy
09-14-2007, 04:50 PM
True that, they only look German too me.

Scan was no good whoops, here's a better pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/bri213/1234.jpg

Shawn
09-15-2007, 01:58 AM
The only semi-pimp cards I have are 1 Foil Russian Spell Snare, 1 Russian Protean Hulk, and a foreign Vindicate titled Justification (French?). I would post some pictures but I don't have a scanner at home. Also, does anyone know where I could find a price guide for the Russian cards? Thanks.

Sanguine Voyeur
09-15-2007, 01:26 PM
It's not much, but...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb242/Sacul_Kamadaka/CruelBagain.jpg

dlevsApiJ
09-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Yeah, i also have 4 :D. They are really hard to get ;(.
Are there people who want to see:

- 2 Goblin Ringleader Asian
- 1 Goblin Charbelcher Asian
- 1 Lotus Petal Asian
- 1 Land Grant Asian
- 2 Xantid Swarm 1 FOIL and 1 Asian
- 1 Burning Wish Asian
- 4 Cruel Bargain
- 4 Seething Song 1 FOIL and all of them (also the FOIL) Russian)
- 1 Tendrils of Agony Asian
- 1 Cabal Therapy Asian
- 1 Taiga Unlimited (looks much better than Revised)
- 1 Putrefy (a friend painted him as Santa Claus :P)

23 (of the 32) Vanguard cards

I asked if there are people who wanted to see it, because its not the best PIMP.. so if there arent people who wanted to see it, i dont have to scann al the cards..

Mvg

Bane of the Living
09-15-2007, 02:19 PM
- 1 Putrefy (a friend painted him as Santa Claus :P)
Mvg

YES!

Brot_Ohne_Kruste
09-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Hi,

here is my Ichorid deck, which isn't finished at all. About 20 cards left, but I think its okay for now ;) (the LEDs are Italian and French)[just got a handycamera, but I think this pictures are quite good :)]:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5199/dsc01083hs9.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2725/dsc01086cb0.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9078/dsc01084st1.jpg

The Rack
09-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Damn, that looks nice, what are you going to do about Ichorids?

Brot_Ohne_Kruste
09-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Damn, that looks nice, what are you going to do about Ichorids?

I want to get the whole deck in foil (expect the LED, they should be in a other language other than german or englisch; if Wizards prints it as a judge reward, I'll get a playset ;) ), but Ichorids are really hard to get. If you are lucky onlineshops or ebay just got one...

Bane of the Living
09-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Ichorid is insanely hard to find. I dont get it.

Those LED's are hot hot hot. I just picked up two Arabian Italian Cities for my build.

TheAardvark
09-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Ichorid is insanely hard to find. I dont get it.

Those LED's are hot hot hot. I just picked up two Arabian Italian Cities for my build.

Italian Renaissance, FWIW.

Foil Ichorids are indeed a bitch, and it's for 2 reasons:

1. It's been "hot" for almost 2 years, so a lot of players have picked up those available on the market.
2. It's from a pretty bland middle set that wasn't purchased in large amounts, so the demand is higher than the supply.

beezy
09-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Italian Renaissance, FWIW.

1. It's been "hot" for almost 2 years, so a lot of players have picked up those available on the market.
2. It's from a pretty bland middle set that wasn't purchased in large amounts, so the demand is higher than the supply.

Foil Ichorids, a few Ebay Stores have them, troll and toad has 2 for 8$ each.. and some other has one for 10$

Brot_Ohne_Kruste
09-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Foil Ichorids, a few Ebay Stores have them, troll and toad has 2 for 8$ each.. and some other has one for 10$

The price is okay, but the problem is, that troll and toad want to have about 50$ for shipping to Germany^^. I think I'll buy them piece by piece in several shops...

DeathwingZERO
09-16-2007, 11:41 AM

I disagree. I was running a store when Odyssey block hit, and Torment WAS the selling point of the block. Judgment only barely pushed by on better sales from the Wishes, and Odyssey itself sold very well only in singles, the set was filled with so many mediocre rares and uncommons that it wasn't really worth buying packs after the first few weeks. The reason the supply is short is because Odyssey block was the start of the "limited" print runs, meaning that Wizards would print just enough to keep around for the 3 months the set was released, then completely stop printing once the new set came out. They unfortunately made this mistake with Judgment and Torment especially, cutting it far shorter than demand over time.

The real problem is the foil distribution wasn't really all that great for the sets in this timeframe. Torment itself was absolute terrible distribution for foils, with the imbalance of the colors in Torment and Judgment. But the card being hot (even if it's only for casual players), made it for one of the few cards in the set to actually find, and foils were just hitting the rage in Odyssey block especially. I remember selling my two foil Ichorids off for $30 each, at least a year after the set's release.

Atwa
09-16-2007, 12:35 PM
The price is okay, but the problem is, that troll and toad want to have about 50$ for shipping to Germany^^. I think I'll buy them piece by piece in several shops...

Haha, you should have just changed the shipping method. I've just got them shipped to the Netherlands for $3.95.

Sorry for you, but I am also trying to get the deck pimped :confused:

marit
09-16-2007, 07:44 PM
I have some decent stuff, but i don't know how to post the pircures.

Sanguine Voyeur
09-16-2007, 07:53 PM
I have some decent stuff, but i don't know how to post the pircures.Take pictures and load them into your computer. If you have Photoshop, open them and go to "File > Save for Web and Devices" to reduce them to a more efficient file size. Go to Photobucket and make an account if you don't have one. Go to "Upload" and find your picture. When it's done, click the url under the picture involving "[img]" tags, and paste that into your post.

dlevsApiJ
09-20-2007, 04:10 PM
YES!

Ok, here the photo's are (I've picked almost all my pimp, Its not very much and not very Hot pimp, but its something...), the fotos aren't very good, but ok:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/dlevsApiJ/DSCN1539.jpg
The Putrefy for you ;)!

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/dlevsApiJ/DSCN1556.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/dlevsApiJ/DSCN1555.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/dlevsApiJ/DSCN1554.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/dlevsApiJ/DSCN1549.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/dlevsApiJ/DSCN1552.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/dlevsApiJ/DSCN1553.jpg

Mvg

caiomarcos
09-20-2007, 11:53 PM
I got two foil Portuguese Yawgmoth's Bargain (part of my collection of 40smthng Bargains), how much are they going for?
If anyone got one, I'm interested!

And BTW, Russian is tha shit! Asian is so common, don't even see it as pimp anymore.

TheAardvark
09-21-2007, 12:46 AM
I disagree. I was running a store when Odyssey block hit, and Torment WAS the selling point of the block. Judgment only barely pushed by on better sales from the Wishes, and Odyssey itself sold very well only in singles, the set was filled with so many mediocre rares and uncommons that it wasn't really worth buying packs after the first few weeks. The reason the supply is short is because Odyssey block was the start of the "limited" print runs, meaning that Wizards would print just enough to keep around for the 3 months the set was released, then completely stop printing once the new set came out. They unfortunately made this mistake with Judgment and Torment especially, cutting it far shorter than demand over time.

The real problem is the foil distribution wasn't really all that great for the sets in this timeframe. Torment itself was absolute terrible distribution for foils, with the imbalance of the colors in Torment and Judgment. But the card being hot (even if it's only for casual players), made it for one of the few cards in the set to actually find, and foils were just hitting the rage in Odyssey block especially. I remember selling my two foil Ichorids off for $30 each, at least a year after the set's release.

Well, all I can say is that Torment sold terribly locally, as the 3 "local" stores at that time didn't sell very much at all; at one of the stores, the owner told me that it was the worst selling set pack-wise since Homelands for him, so... *shrug*

Yes, distribution was a huge problem in that era as well, but that was for pretty much every set until Mirrodin/Kamigawa era stuff. I still have nightmares of people trying to collect foil sets of Masques block; that was one of the most fucked up blocks ever as far as distribution goes. Gah.

Oh, and @dlevsApiJ, BB REBs are only pimp if they actually say Instant for the card type. Just saying.

andrew77
09-21-2007, 12:51 AM
I got two foil Portuguese Yawgmoth's Bargain (part of my collection of 40smthng Bargains), how much are they going for?
If anyone got one, I'm interested!

And BTW, Russian is tha shit! Asian is so common, don't even see it as pimp anymore.

In all honestly I have been picking up beta duals and power recently and nothing compares. Most things that are cool don't even appeal to me if they aren't expensive because I know I could easily get them. I don't have a scanner atm since i'm at college, but I'l get some picks up whem im back for thanksgiving.

BTW misstamped guru lands are insanely pimp.

Windux
09-21-2007, 04:54 AM
I love those WB Japanese Pyroblasts!
Give it :>
I'll post my manabase, when my last Japanese Fetchies are receiving here :>

20 Japo Fetchies
16 German.Limited U-Duals

Be prepared ;)

dlevsApiJ
09-21-2007, 11:50 AM
I love those WB Japanese Pyroblasts!
Give it :>
I'll post my manabase, when my last Japanese Fetchies are receiving here :>

20 Japo Fetchies
16 German.Limited U-Duals

Be prepared ;)

Yeah, its good they are WB, when i will board them out for Spree's, they are very easy to find ;). Also my Land (dont want them FBB) cause i can search them fast with Land Grant, cause they are WB (Unlimited).

Mvg

ps. Why are REB's from Beta not pimp? why only from alpha?

umbowta
09-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Hey guys, I just picked up a couple more Foil Chinese Tarmogoyf's. That mean's my 4x S-Chinese Tarmogoyfs are going to be up for sale. I'm also considering letting go of the English playset too, but I dunno yet.

I'd like to get $35 a piece for the S-Chinese, which is $140 for the playset. I'll cover shipping and insurance...within the U.S. and Canada.

Nightmare
09-21-2007, 02:06 PM
ps. Why are REB's from Beta not pimp? why only from alpha?Alpha REBs are misprinted. The Alpha ones were printed as Instants, and Beta ones were corrected to be Interrupts. Since interrupt is no longer a card type, Alpha are in higher demand.

Cait_Sith
09-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I am probably the only person who values Beta above Alpha, in fact I would trade any Alpha Card I own for a Beta Equivalent... if you're Lego. Also, those three free Goyfs I promised Lego? I'll get them to you soon.

Edit:

A moral quandary:

I have enough cash to buy a box or Lorwyn and some singles or a bunch of Lorwyn singles and an Signed Italian Moat.

Given that I may be enlisting in the Navy soon... which should I do?

That Moat is both pimp and will be useful for a long time...

But I LOVE opening booster boxes... a lot and I will miss it.

DeathwingZERO
09-21-2007, 05:16 PM
From a money standpoint, buy the Moat. Only money rares retain any value after the first month of sales, and even then most people have already gotten them, so short of ridiculous things like Tarmogay, they won't hold value for long (think Extirpate, for example).

As for the Moat, the card has increased it's value 300% in 5 years. That's uh, really, really good. And Legends stuff like that will never see the light of day in reprints, so it'll keep it's value for multiple years to come. Anything from Lorwyn can't say that.

But yes, boosters are amazing. I'd say keep an eye on the pre-sales of certain cards, crack a box, trade money cards off for Moat, and then you've gotten both your pack cracking addiction AND a good card taken care of. If you actually want to keep the Lorwyn cards though, then stick with the Moat plan.

Tog
09-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been having a hard time valuing my Foil Russian Mystic Enforcer from Timespiral. I know it's not worth too much but anyone want to give a ballpark estimate on how much it can go for?

Thanks in advance,
~Tog

Afro
09-26-2007, 06:06 PM
That Moat is both pimp and will be useful for a long time...

To set things straight an Italian Moat signed or unsigned is not pimp. Italian Legends cards look like ass.

As for the person who said Moat has gone up 300% in five years....your fucking crazy. In 2000 they were still at the 40/30 range depending on language. A bit more if you are going for mint. The only cards to gain that amount in value in that period of time are In the eyes of chaos, reset, and tabernacle.

Ophidian
09-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey just wanted to put up some pics of the new deck. Sorry that the pics aren't very good

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u119/EricMixon/Pictures001.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u119/EricMixon/Pictures002.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u119/EricMixon/Pictures003.jpg

Afro
09-27-2007, 01:34 AM
@ Ophidian - Very nice deck! Makes me miss my pimp days. I just have but one question - Why the new border Portents? I would go with Signed IA if you can find them. If you need Danforth's contact info I got it lying around somewhere. Though you are probably going to just switch them out with the better cantrip in Lorwyn.

Jak
09-27-2007, 02:03 AM
Hot. That is a sweet deck. Thanks for posting. And I do agree with Afro, the portents do look a little out of place. Makes me want to throw UG Thresh together.

Sea R Hill
09-27-2007, 05:13 AM
Very nice trops man, very nice trops...:cool:

noobslayer
09-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Nice Islands. Always nice to see Guru lands.

Nightmare
09-27-2007, 07:41 AM
First person in this thread who wins the pimp game with me when it comes to Thresh. You beat me by beta trops to my fbb Trops. On the other hand, I have better Portents and Forces, so it might be a wash.

Ophidian
09-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Hot. That is a sweet deck. Thanks for posting. And I do agree with Afro, the portents do look a little out of place. Makes me want to throw UG Thresh together.

firstly, thanks for the props everyone

It's funny. The average response from people so far has been “whoa they actually reprinted those?!” I wanna try and keep it card for card world champish (although Ponder looks pretty juicy) I would love to score some japanese Portents (coldsnap) if I could

@Nightmare
Man, I would love to get my hands on some extreme alteration Forces...those are supa dupa fly.

sorry bout punctuation errors. had to send my laptop in for repairs and I have to use my Wii for internet

Lego
09-27-2007, 09:26 AM
In the eyes of chaos

It's not worth more than 30/20 for English/Italian now. I can't imagine them going for as low as $6 or $7, even in 2000. It hasn't experienced that much of an upsurge, has it?

Slay
09-27-2007, 09:42 AM
It's not worth more than 30/20 for English/Italian now. I can't imagine them going for as low as $6 or $7, even in 2000. It hasn't experienced that much of an upsurge, has it?

Keep in mind 2000 was before anyone paid attention to Vintage. Power was going for $100-200 back then.
-Slay

Afro
09-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Keep in mind 2000 was before anyone paid attention to Vintage. Power was going for $100-200 back then.
-Slay

Exactly. At a local store even like when I got into legacy around 02/03 they had resets at $2-5 so I can't imagine the eye being much more expensive Evn.

Wallace
09-27-2007, 01:45 PM

In the Eye of Chaos is going for $25 (english) on Ebay. I just picked up two of them, 1 @ $24.98 + $2.00 s/h and got lucky on another $17.95 buy it now + $2.50 s/h. If you can find them around $20 then you got a deal. I have seen FFB's going as low as $15-$20.

Lego
09-27-2007, 02:22 PM
In the Eye of Chaos is going for $25 (english) on Ebay. I just picked up two of them, 1 @ $24.98 + $2.00 s/h and got lucky on another $17.95 buy it now + $2.50 s/h. If you can find them around $20 then you got a deal. I have seen FFB's going as low as $15-$20.

All I know is that I traded a slightly beat Italian In the Eye for a Tarmogoyf and a couple other junk cards. I figured it was worth it.

Sea R Hill
09-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I have some In the eye of chaos in an old binder, I thought they were worth nothing. Why are they now at 25-30 USD? I can't see any deck using them.

DeathwingZERO
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
To set things straight an Italian Moat signed or unsigned is not pimp. Italian Legends cards look like ass.

As for the person who said Moat has gone up 300% in five years....your fucking crazy. In 2000 they were still at the 40/30 range depending on language. A bit more if you are going for mint. The only cards to gain that amount in value in that period of time are In the eyes of chaos, reset, and tabernacle.

Ok I think I gotta set this straight. First off, I've been a shop owner for the 5 years I was quoting, and I was an employee for 2 years prior. Let me give you a rundown of what prices I was seeing on average back then:

2000-2001:
Mishra's Workshop: $25
Mana Drain: $20
Moat: $20
Chains of Mephestopheles: $15-20
Bazaar of Baghdad: $20-25
Tabernacle: $15 max
Reset: Who cared? $5 maybe?
In the Eyes of Chaos: $5 or so
Nether Void: $20
The Abyss: $25
Diamond Valley: $20
Library of Alexandria: $75
Ali from Cairo: $35
Elephant Graveyard: $10
All Hallows Eve: $10

And let's say a good 10 or so more in the $10-15 range, like Candelabra, etc.

Now, go check out places like Findmagiccards or other stores that are connected to a storefront (not just ebay sales from random people), and see how much these guys are going for now. Chances are, they've at least doubled. In the case of Moat, Library, Chains, Bazaar, Workshop, Drain, Chains, and the ones you've listed, they've tripled, if not just flat out skyrocketed.

So in reality, I'm not crazy. Moat WAS a $20 card back then, I was buying them @ $10 a pop. Maybe the prices were a little different on your side of the country, but out here we had plenty of the original sets, being one of the main cities to get them early on. Hell, I can remember when the beta duals weren't going for much higher than what our revised ones are hitting now, and that was about '99.

And as far as shops that deal with international customers are concerned, there's barely a 20% margin of loss for being Italian compared to English. The store I just sold my Moat's to has english at $80, and his set of Italians were just sold at $70 each. So ya, those have gone up too, especially being Italian, one of the least sought after languages.

So with that knowledge, it should be very agreeable that the Moat, even being Italian, will hold it's value more than Lorwyn singles. And with Moat being playable, it's going to continue going up, as is the trend with all the original sets.

EDIT: Oh, and for those wondering about "In the Eyes of Chaos", it's a Vintage sideboard staple from about 2003-2004 for controllish decks, and was opted as a maindeck option for a few MUC style decks.

Ophidian
09-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Ok I think I gotta set this straight. First off, I've been a shop owner for the 5 years I was quoting, and I was an employee for 2 years prior. Let me give you a rundown of what prices I was seeing on average back then:

2000-2001:
Mishra's Workshop: $25
Mana Drain: $20
Moat: $20
Chains of Mephestopheles: $15-20
Bazaar of Baghdad: $20-25
Tabernacle: $15 max
Reset: Who cared? $5 maybe?
In the Eyes of Chaos: $5 or so
Nether Void: $20
The Abyss: $25
Diamond Valley: $20
Library of Alexandria: $75
Ali from Cairo: $35
Elephant Graveyard: $10
All Hallows Eve: $10

And let's say a good 10 or so more in the $10-15 range, like Candelabra, etc.

Now, go check out places like Findmagiccards or other stores that are connected to a storefront (not just ebay sales from random people), and see how much these guys are going for now. Chances are, they've at least doubled. In the case of Moat, Library, Chains, Bazaar, Workshop, Drain, Chains, and the ones you've listed, they've tripled, if not just flat out skyrocketed.

So in reality, I'm not crazy. Moat WAS a $20 card back then, I was buying them @ $10 a pop. Maybe the prices were a little different on your side of the country, but out here we had plenty of the original sets, being one of the main cities to get them early on. Hell, I can remember when the beta duals weren't going for much higher than what our revised ones are hitting now, and that was about '99.

And as far as shops that deal with international customers are concerned, there's barely a 20% margin of loss for being Italian compared to English. The store I just sold my Moat's to has english at $80, and his set of Italians were just sold at $70 each. So ya, those have gone up too, especially being Italian, one of the least sought after languages.

So with that knowledge, it should be very agreeable that the Moat, even being Italian, will hold it's value more than Lorwyn singles. And with Moat being playable, it's going to continue going up, as is the trend with all the original sets.

EDIT: Oh, and for those wondering about "In the Eyes of Chaos", it's a Vintage sideboard staple from about 2003-2004 for controllish decks, and was opted as a maindeck option for a few MUC style decks.

Why did I not live near your store.

Di
09-27-2007, 03:23 PM
I remember buying a playset of Mana Drains for $80 and a playset of Shops for $160. Got my playset of Bazaars for $130.

Oh, the glory days...

Ophidian
09-27-2007, 03:31 PM
But in 2000?!

I lived in the Bay Area/Dallas around 2000, and the prices he's talkin about were half of what I remember the cards goin for

Actually, as much as I love reminiscing about how cheap cards used to be, I really like thinking about how ridiculously high some cards used to be

Playset of Spirit Links circa 1994 for $100
Sol'Kanar The Swamp King for $50
Carrion Ants for $45
Killer Bees for $35

umbowta
09-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Playset of Spirit Links circa 1994 for $100
Sol'Kanar The Swamp King for $50
Carrion Ants for $45
Killer Bees for $35 I remember that shit. Serra Angel was trading straight up for Duals back then.

Ophidian
09-28-2007, 02:05 PM
I remember that shit. Serra Angel was trading straight up for Duals back then.

Hell yeah,

and Forcefield selling for $100-120

and Natural Selection going for $50

The Rack
09-29-2007, 02:51 AM
How do you post scans? I can't seem to be able to.

beezy
09-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Ah I remember when cards were that cheap.. Bazaars for 20$...

How do you post scans? I can't seem to be able to.
Upload the picture/scan to say photobucket and then insert the image link.

zulander
10-03-2007, 07:48 AM
GAGOMEEE!!!!
More pimpness in the mail including gators/4th confidant/4th goyf/foil thoughtseize too hopefully.

Nightmare
10-03-2007, 08:29 AM
I wish I lived somewhere where they have artists come and sign stuff.

Di
10-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Instead you were given the mecca of large Legacy tournaments. I don't think we have any reason to complain.

Nightmare
10-03-2007, 09:22 AM
I don't think we have any reason to complain.
That doesn't stop anyone else...

I think next pre-release (or maybe the next big tourney) we should work on artists.

zulander
10-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Or just come down here to VA, cause you know.. anything relatively close to NJ sucks.

Nightmare
10-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Or just come down here to VA, cause you know.. anything relatively close to NJ sucks.
You're as close to Jersey as I am.