PDA

View Full Version : Dredgatog

despo
11-15-2006, 02:42 PM
I was thinking about building a dredgatog deck in legacy, and because i couldn't find a thread about it, so I'll post my idea here:

creatures: 7
3 psychatog
3 stinkweed imp
1 wonder

instants 20
3 darkblast
4 Force of Will
4 Counterspell
2 circular logic
4 brainstorm
3 fact or fiction

enchantments 4
3 pernicious deed

sorceries 6
3 life from the loam
3 duress

lands 23
2 barren moor
2 lonely sandbar
1 tranquil thicket
4 underground sea
4 tropical island
4 polluted delta
2 flooded strand
3 island
1 swamp

Sideboard:
4 krosan grip (crypt is everywhere)
1 duress
4 tormod's crypt
3 infest
3 chalice of the void (combo hate)

Some card explanations:
psychatog, stinkweed imp, life from the loam, cycle lands: are what makes the deck work.
Force of will, counterspell, circular logic, duress: protection/disruption, quite simple.
fact or fiction: insane card draw that fills your grave...
darkblast: kills easily half of the goblins that are in a goblin deck, and a little harder, but still nicely, all the others.
pernicious deed: resets the board, just lovely.

I did consider burning tog, but I don't think adding red is worth the mana troubles.

Tips on improving the deck are welcome.

valor
11-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Intuition is an awesome card in this deck, especially with Loam and such. AK might be a better draw engine than FoF, and I would personally use Rune Snag over Circ. Logic but thats really opinion.
1 more wonder and 1 genesis are really nice in here, in case you dredge all your Togs, or just to discard something to.
Mox Diamond is really really really good, especially with Loam, and the color fixing, and speed help, and you already run enough land to support it.

Zilla
11-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Closed. Please discuss the archetype here (http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802).