PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Wonder Fish

Black Rain
11-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Hello guys it's that old pest from down here in Louisville, Ky. (Our football team sucks):frown: Anyway back with what I feel is a more focused version of stupid deck I posted long ago. Anyways I built this deck because I wanted to build a u/w/g creature control deck at one time. Funny my deck started looking like threshold. So I went with something original and decided on making u/g fish-like deck. I added living wish for the versatility of neo-removal and alternate win conditionns. I like threshold but I wanted to play instant buisness spells over cantrips. I also wanted to play more beaters. So I present to you Wonderfish aka Living Fish Redeux

Creatures//
4x Wild Mongrel
4x Basking Rootwalla
4x Living Wish
3x Nimble Mongoose
2x Serendib Efreet

Control//
4x Force of Will
4x Daze
3x Stifle
1x Remand

Draw//
4x Brainstorm
3x Standstill
2x Life from the Loam

Lands//
4x Mishra's Factories
4x Tropical Island
4x Flooded Strand
3x Forest
2x Lonely Sandbar
2x Windswept Heath
2x Island
1x Tranquil Thicket

Sideboard//
3x Hydroblast
2x Submerge
1x Wasteland
1x Maze of Ith
1x Treetop Village
1x Lonely Sandbar
1x Waterfront Bouncer
1x Kira
1x Trygon Predator
1x Melouku
1x Wonder
1x Jitte

Card by Card Analysis:
Wild Mongrel: Superb beater, Instant mana free discard outlet, Comboes with LIfe from the Loam and Wonder ala Living wish for the winand the inspiration of the deck's name

Basking Rootwalla:
1 drop for Lackey,Combos with Mongrel for a free instant creature, Cheap beater

Living Wish: Originally used for fun, but for practicality gets me Wonder without taking up deckspace with her. Neo-Removal (see Trygon P. and Waterfront Sloucher I mean Bouncer)

Nimble Mongoose: One drop for Lackey, I achieve Threshold by turn 5 with this deck regularly and a flying untargetable beater in the mid to late game for one mana, and they say Serra Avenger is hot?

Serendib Efreet: The best cheap flyer there is. Cant be bolted. Comes sometimes as an Early or Backup win condition. I wish my mana base could Support three.

Force of Will: no comment

Daze: Free Counterspell, Stolen tech from threshold and Madness, Also a possible turn 1 answer to Lackey if u are playing first.(vial as well)

Stifle: Another "counter" spell, Land denial of fetches, Another turn one answer to a Lackey activation on the play.

1 Remand: I don't know, maybe should be Misdirection or Jitte. Give me an opinion

Brainstorm: No comment

Standstill: Probably my most contoversial choice. The one i'll get flamed for
Yet it works so good with manlands and fast one drop creatures. My meta is goblins(w/o vial?!?), Survival, Random aggro, Minimal control, No Landstill.
Real Card Advantage.

Life from the Loam: Game Breaker, Card drawer, Land Saver, Land Killer, Man land Regrowth for three, Giant growth for Wild Mongrel. Card advantage.

Misra's Factories,Cycle Lands,Fetch Lands: To gain card advantage with LFTL
Misra's and Cycle lands combo with Standstill.

Basic lands: no comment

Resultz:

Goblins=50/50: I have Lackey stoppers but I can get over whelmed.

Threshold= 60/40 My favor if you doubt let's test on MWS

Survival=80/20 my favor

Solidarity=80/20 my favor, Stifle=MVP

Pikula= 70/30 My favor. I have more threats and LFTL saves you from land destruction.

i know this deck seems similar to Uber Madness but the concept is different
I'm taking this to a Legacy tournament next week I'll post resul

Bane of the Living
11-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Goblins=50/50: I have Lackey stoppers but I can get over whelmed.

Threshold= 60/40 My favor if you doubt let's test on MWS

Survival=80/20 my favor

Solidarity=80/20 my favor, Stifle=MVP

Pikula= 70/30 My favor. I have more threats and LFTL saves you from land destruction.

LMFAO!!

Wow it looks like you found the best deck in the format.

Solidarity can play around Stifle very very easily. You've never played against the deck have you?

Whats its win percentage against Dirt?

Black Rain
11-17-2006, 11:20 PM
No just in my meta. I respect what you say because I know up North play is more serious in this format. I will play at at a tournamnet and repot my winnings to you.

rsaunder
11-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Whats its win percentage against Dirt?LOL. Oh man, the results...

I believe the pikula matchup, given mongose and standstill and LfTL, but that's beside the point. Why aren't you playing any MD wonder? Flying mongeese and dogs are just scary.

1 remand? Could be something else, eh?

MasterBlaster
11-18-2006, 10:41 AM

There's no reason to run Remand over Memory Lapse in this deck(that I can think of).

Bane of the Living
11-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Its probably worth adding that Standstill + Remand = goodies. You could have your Standstill broken, draw your 3 cards including a Remand, and Remand their spell. You replace the counter with another card, almost like Standstill drew you 4 cards. It gets better if its a successfull Remand and they cant recast the spell because you could take your next turn and drop Standstill #2, your opponents poor spell still sitting in hand.

Black Rain
11-19-2006, 02:29 PM
LOL. Oh man, the results...

I believe the pikula matchup, given mongose and standstill and LfTL, but that's beside the point. Why aren't you playing any MD wonder? Flying mongeese and dogs are just scary.

I don't run maindeck Wonders because of Living Wish, but I thought about making the Remand Wonder at one time. My main win condition is to wish for Wonder. What would you suggest the Remand be?
I don't know it's win percentage against Dirt. I never played against the deck. I assume unfavorable.

Jankwolf
11-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I don't run maindeck Wonders because of Living Wish, but I thought about making the Remand Wonder at one time. My main win condition is to wish for Wonder. What would you suggest the Remand be?
I don't know it's win percentage against Dirt. I never played against the deck. I assume unfavorable.

Wishing for wonder is good..but not that good...Against any deck running counters and the like could potentially ruin that plan..then on top of that if wonder is in the yard...they will most likely remove the graveyard. Since loam is in the deck...people will remove the graveyard period.

And why is there only on jitte in the side board??
You cant wish for it and with only one copy in th SB Your chance of crawing it game two or game three are very slim...very very slim...

On to something else Can someone give me a deck list for Pikula via PM...I'm very curious as to what it is....

Back to the main...the decklist looks ok and all....It just needs some work...

Ookami
11-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Jank has a point about the wonder. Against almost any control deck (there will be some in almost every semi-large tourny) that wish will likely get countered. Now you're stuck with non-fliers. With only 1 remand I would make that a wonder so you don't need to worry about the wish being countered.

The stifles are good to stop a tormod's crypt from activating and getting rid of the graveyard and saving your wonder. against many decks standstill is always a good card.

I agree with Jank; it's a good decklist, could be better, but only testing and input can make it so. Good luck at the tourney though.