PDA

View Full Version : copying lands?

No_Life_No_Future
11-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Vesuva
Oracle text: As Vesuva comes into play, you may choose a land in play. If you do, Vesuva comes into play tapped as a copy of the chosen land.

I guess im not clear on the: as ~this~ comes into play thing.... Im sure its probably like clone where comes into play abilities still trigger.

Obviously this would not work with dark depths (otherwise broken things could happen).

Oracle text: Dark Depths comes into play with ten ice counters on it.
3: Remove an ice counter from Dark Depths.
When Dark Depths has no ice counters on it, sacrifice it. If you do, put an indestructible legendary 20/20 black Avatar creature token with Flying named Marit Lage into play.

What if you were to change dark depths into something else (such as a mountain with bloodmoon) and then copy it with dark depths?

What about lands that have the if this would come into play (a replacement effect)?

Will there copy still trigger the replacement effect?

Watcher487
11-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Vesuva
Oracle text: As Vesuva comes into play, you may choose a land in play. If you do, Vesuva comes into play tapped as a copy of the chosen land.

I guess im not clear on the: as ~this~ comes into play thing.... Im sure its probably like clone where comes into play abilities still trigger.

Obviously this would not work with dark depths (otherwise broken things could happen).

Oracle text: Dark Depths comes into play with ten ice counters on it.
3: Remove an ice counter from Dark Depths.
When Dark Depths has no ice counters on it, sacrifice it. If you do, put an indestructible legendary 20/20 black Avatar creature token with Flying named Marit Lage into play.

What if you were to change dark depths into something else (such as a mountain with bloodmoon) and then copy it with dark depths?

What about lands that have the if this would come into play (a replacement effect)?

Will there copy still trigger the replacement effect?

Here's what I know about Vesuva.

1) With Ravnica Bounce lands, Vesuva bounces a land if you copy it.
2) Vesuva copies the counters on Gemstone Mine if you copy it.
3) Vesuva would count as a legend if you target a Legendary Land (so your combo doesn't work anyway.)
4) With Bloodmoon any non-basic land would be a Mountain in play, so if you copy a non-basic land w/ Bloodmoon in play Vesuva will be a Mountain even if Bloodmoon leaves play.

The whole As ~this~ comes into play effect thing is so the effect happens and there isn't a period of time where something (ie. Clone) isn't a card with nothing on it.

Lego
11-21-2006, 01:47 AM
4) With Bloodmoon any non-basic land would be a Mountain in play, so if you copy a non-basic land w/ Bloodmoon in play Vesuva will be a Mountain even if Bloodmoon leaves play.

Keep in mind, though, that it will be a Land- Mountain, not a Basic Land- Mountain. That's the nature of Blood Moon.