PDA

View Full Version : Intuition Combo-Control

VeniVidiVici
11-22-2006, 02:39 PM
I wanted to make an Intuition combo deck but was tired of IGGy Pop. I started experimenting with this skeletion:

4 Intuition
4 Rite of Flame
4 Accumulated Knowledge

I cobbled together a decklist or two and started testing. While the decks themselves were quite bad, the concept itself proved to be very strong. I'm creating this topic so that we can discuss how to build a deck with the engine most effectively.

I was thinking that it would work best as a blue-based control deck that stalls until it can combo out the unsuspecting opponent. Some T2 Dragonstorm decks play like this, although this is an inherently stronger concept.

I'll pose a few questions to start the discussion:
Storm seems to be the best win condition, but should we confine ourselves to red? If so, Grapeshot or Empty the Warrens?

Splash? Which splash would benefit the deck most, if any?

What other cards would be useful? Comment on the following:

Chrome Mox
Sapphire Medallion
Merchant Scroll
Mystical Tutor
Mental Note

I'm not trying to build something better than IGGy Pop, but I do feel that this could at least be a viable alternative.

insertnamehere
11-23-2006, 02:40 PM
A friend of mine piloted a deck using this. The combo was intuition+rite of flames+ izzet guildmage= tons o red mana to burn your opponent with for the win.

Cavius The Great
11-24-2006, 11:40 AM
I wanted to make an Intuition combo deck but was tired of IGGy Pop. I started experimenting with this skeletion:

4 Intuition
4 Rite of Flame
4 Accumulated Knowledge

I cobbled together a decklist or two and started testing. While the decks themselves were quite bad, the concept itself proved to be very strong. I'm creating this topic so that we can discuss how to build a deck with the engine most effectively.

I was thinking that it would work best as a blue-based control deck that stalls until it can combo out the unsuspecting opponent. Some T2 Dragonstorm decks play like this, although this is an inherently stronger concept.

I'll pose a few questions to start the discussion:
Storm seems to be the best win condition, but should we confine ourselves to red? If so, Grapeshot or Empty the Warrens?

Splash? Which splash would benefit the deck most, if any?

What other cards would be useful? Comment on the following:

Chrome Mox
Sapphire Medallion
Merchant Scroll
Mystical Tutor
Mental Note

I'm not trying to build something better than IGGy Pop, but I do feel that this could at least be a viable alternative.

I actually had a Dragonstorm list build with that same exact engine. I discarded the idea after testing. It proved to be too inconsistant to be any good.