PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to move my cards?

Atwa
11-25-2006, 06:31 AM
Hi guys,

I've bought a house a couple of days ago, and I will move to my new house within a month.

I've got a very nice wife, since she allowed me to have a gaming-room for myself where I can put my old consoles, and a table where I can play cards with some friends. Thanks girl!

We (me and my wife) are figuring out how to move our stuff, and we we've got everything planned by now. All except my magic cards. I've got a few binders full and a handmade wooden suitcase for my rares and uncomons. The problem however is al my commons. I've got them placed in some empty boosterboxes, but the cards are towering 8 inches above the cardbords of the boxes.

What is the best way to move these cards to my new house? Don't argue I should just give them away, since commons are worthless, I've given away over 12.000 cards already last year, I really want to keep these cards.

I could just toss them into a box and hope they survive the trip, but I want to keep them mint. Please help.

PS: congratulations are always welcome :)

DeathwingZERO
11-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Get yourself a hold of a couple of those 5000 count cardboard boxes, if any hobby shop nearby sells them. A 5000 count can hold around 7200 Magic cards, and a 3200 count can hold about 4500. Not too expensive either, I think retail is about $5 for the 5k counts.

Get a couple of those guys together, and 10-20,000 cards are basically 2 boxes stacked on top of each other. It's exactly what I did to move my storefront into my house. Have about 20 of the 5k boxes full of commons and uncommons, not very hard to carry 2-3 of them at a time.

Peter_Rotten
11-25-2006, 08:19 AM
You should fly me over there so that I can hit on your hot wife...um...I... I mean help you move.

And, btw, how unfair is life when you get a cute wife that is also cool?

But that's OK. I curse you with children! The writing is on the wall. Recently married. New house. Before you know it, Daddy's cool hang-out room is painted with dancing giraffes and smelling like diapers.

I'm not bitter, but I hope your box of commons die in a truck fire.

Atwa
11-25-2006, 08:41 AM
But that's OK. I curse you with children! The writing is on the wall. Recently married. New house. Before you know it, Daddy's cool hang-out room is painted with dancing giraffes and smelling like diapers.

Haha, I've already have a spare room for the (future) kids. I'm not planning of handing over the room after I've put all my stuff in it. In my current room I've taped my door full with booster wraps (218 packs, took me 8 hours). My new room is going to get a whole wall full with booster packs. I'm not leaving the room after I've taped over 1000 wraps on the whole wall.

PS: I don't really care about the commons if they die in the truckfire, but my money cards will also be in the truck at the same time. Screw you P_R.

EDIT: Who cares if my cards die in a truck fire. I've got them insured for more. Just like a insurranceagent knows which cards died. "Yes sir, there was a beta mind P9 set in my set, please give me the money to rebuy them."

dwarven_anarchist
11-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I second DeathwingZERO's idea. The boxes also serve as a way to keep them organized and safe.

Anarky87
11-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Yup, just pick up a couple of the monster boxes (Most hobby shops should have them) and pack them up that way. Congrats on your new home, Atwa.

dahcmai
11-25-2006, 08:21 PM
You should glue them all together into a moving van, then just drive it to wherever. Just use Elmer's glue cause that shit doesn't stick anything together for too long.

xsockmonkeyx
11-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Pfft. Dont listen to him. Everyone knows that superglue works best. Oh yeah, major congrats are in order.

Lego
11-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Good move. Get married, then commit insurance fraud. That way you can enjoy the honeymoon, but you don't have to stick around with her for too long.

Finn
11-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Atwa, I am moving into a new house in less than two weeks. I packed my cards in those big boxes and I am confident that that will do. Plus, if you have those cards in such disarray, you really need something more permanent to store them in anyway.

Atwa
11-29-2006, 02:49 PM
I am busy building a closet for my cards. The frame already stands (and looks very nice), but I dont have the time (or skill) to get to all the drawers (there will be 14 of them, each 30 cm, about 13 inches, deep).

Even if the closet was finished, I wouldn't want to move them in the closet, there is way too much risk one of the drawers falls out.

TeenieBopper
11-29-2006, 03:07 PM
So uhh.... does your wife have a younger sister?

Atwa
12-01-2006, 05:35 AM
So uhh.... does your wife have a younger sister?

Nope, but she has 3 younger brothers, will that be sufficient?