PDA

View Full Version : Deck advice/ new to format

technogeek5000
11-28-2006, 07:23 PM
I will first start off with the list i have finally decided to play.

Fluctuator

Mana(21):
4 blasted landscape
4 polluted mire
4 drifting meadow
5 swamp
4 lotus petal

Cyclers(29):
4 disciple of grace
4 disciple of law
4 disciple of malice
2 darkwatch elves
4 cloud of faeries
4 pendrell drake
4 barkhide mauler
3 bloated toad

Control(4):
4 force of will

engine(4):
4 fluctuator

Kill(2):
2 living death

This is the maindeck list... What the deck normally wants to do is lay a turn 1-3 fluctuator and start to cycle through the deck. Once the cycling starts your hand will start to fill up with forces that will help you control the game. By turn 4 you should have cycled to living death and cast it to wipe your opposing army clear while you get a huge 1 of your own and win with 1 swing. I cannot think of any half decent sideboard cards besides engineered plagues.

Does any1 think this list is anygood, i have not yet purchased the cards, i have just been playing this list on MWS. Should i run this list or play a different deck. Any comments/ critisism are welcome.

Brushwagg
11-28-2006, 07:35 PM
WOW!!! It's been a while since I've seen a Fluctuator deck. I really don't think you need the FOW so much as you need Dark Ritual in the deck. As far as being any good?? I really couldn't tell you. Just watch out for Brainfreeze.

One suggestion would be to take a look around the Open and LMF forums for some of more proven decks out there. Probably a good starting point might be Goblins, since it's probably the cheapest DTB out there, and can win. Although I hate the deck with a passion.

Bovinious
11-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Me and The Rack have a Fluctuator thread going in this forum that has a list similar to urs, we only run 7 non cycling cards, 4 Fluctuator, 1 Lotus Petal, 1 Dark Ritual, and 1 haunting Misery, the rest are cycling 2 (24 of the lands) and all blue creatures, for FoW sideboard. I suggest you go read the Fluctuating Goodness thread and post there and we can help you :)

technogeek5000
11-28-2006, 08:06 PM
WOW!!! It's been a while since I've seen a Fluctuator deck. I really don't think you need the FOW so much as you need Dark Ritual in the deck. As far as being any good?? I really couldn't tell you. Just watch out for Brainfreeze.

One suggestion would be to take a look around the Open and LMF forums for some of more proven decks out there. Probably a good starting point might be Goblins, since it's probably the cheapest DTB out there, and can win. Although I hate the deck with a passion.
The FOW's are a must... they make sure the living death gets through and prevent any threats after living death has been played.

I know this isnt relevant but i wanted to post a screen from my latest game.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g87/Dj_Drex/stuff.jpg

And i would like to note that i forced a draining welk to make sure my living death passed. If i had not forced it I would have lost.

Thanks ill take a peak at the proven forum and see what i can come up with.

Bovinious
11-28-2006, 08:14 PM
The problem is if u play more than 7 or 8 non cyclers you will run out of gas and speed will suffer, the FoWs are SB against other counters. Living Death is not as good a win condition as Dark Ritual Haunting Misery or Songs of the Damned Drain Life b/c they can Wrath, its just not as reliable imo.

EDIT: If you play Living Death, play bigger creatures like Primoc Escapee, Keeneye Aven, Sandbar Serpent etc, but I wouldn't reccomend Living Death at all.

herbig
11-28-2006, 08:30 PM
I know this isnt relevant but i wanted to post a screen from my latest game.

It looks like you're playing against a Standard deck. You also attacked on turn 6. How do you race Dragonstorm?

technogeek5000
11-28-2006, 08:39 PM
It looks like you're playing against a Standard deck. You also attacked on turn 6. How do you race Dragonstorm?

looks it dont it... and this isnt standard, where am i going to see a dragonstorm list in legacy.

Bovinious
11-28-2006, 08:46 PM
I believe that was sarcasm, but Fluctuator can get turn 2/3 wins if its done right, that was at least turn 7 id say as he has 7 lands, anyone in legacy would have either killed you or would be in a dominating position. Me and The Rack created what we think to be an optimal suicide Fluctuator list and a decent Tendrils based one in the Fluctuating Goodness thread, you can see my latest list on the last page of that thread. Post any questions or suggestions you have there.