PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Legacy All Star Team (Voting Thread)

Nightmare
11-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Over on TMD they have an annual Vintage All-Star team vote. Here's this year's. (http://www.themanadrain.com/index.php?topic=31186.0)

1) Is it even possible to do this with Legacy? Turns out, yes. I had a surprisingly easy time selecting 10 individuals.

2) If yes, who would be your picks (try to keep it around top 10)?

My picks, in no particular order:

- Mike Herbig (Herbig)
- Chris Coppola (Machinus)
- Dan Spero (Bardo)
- Jeff Folinus (Getakkorel)
- Adam Barnello (Mr. Nightmare)
- Dave Feinstein (dxfiler)
- Mike Bomholt (bobholmm)
- Kevin Binswanger (Anusien)
- Dave Price (Quicksilver)
- Jesse Hatfield (Mad Zur)
- Dave Gearhart (Deep6er)

My picks are on the backs of strong performances in events throughout the year, from the SCG in VA, to the D4D in Syracuse, to TML in Connecticut, and so on. I accept the fact that all of these people are from the US, and most from the East Coast, but hey, it's my list, and if you don't like it, vote.

I'll leave this thread open for a week, and then we can see the results. GO!

Machinus
11-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Doesn't an all star team mean people you would pick to play?

Sexy_Rector
Mad Zur
Deep6er
Herbig
Machinus

Nightmare
11-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Gearhart and Darland should be in top 10.
Then Vote.

Citrus-God
11-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Here are my picks...

Top 10

1. Wastedlife
2. Herbig
3. Machinus
4. Mad Zur
5. AnwarA101
6. Lukeatron (wtf is his name?)
7. JZ23
8. Diablos
9. Josh.. He plays Solidarity, I dont remember his username...
10. Anti~American4621

I included about 4 people from Minnesota. 2/5 of the list are players who play Storm decks, and they are highly skilled. I but Wastedlife on top because I'm highly confident that he will win a major event, and the fact I know he is determined and dedicated enough to do andything, and everything. Go Cuse'!

Mad Zur and Anwar are cool, and they seem like good people. Mad Zur is the biggest advocate of Thresh I have ever met, and Anwar just knows the format well. Machinus is just a good player I would trust for advice.

Diablos is a crazy deckbuilder, and he proved that ATS was a good deck, he can prove his playskill.

As for team MN, Luke is a great aggro player. I can trust his decisions for card choices, but his deck choice and playskill has proven to me that I can trust him pretty much entirely. Jeremy is a good player I know and rely on. His also my supplier. Josh is great, and a good player. A Good guy too. As for me, I'm just getting better at the game, and I treat it a lot like a crappy version of Poker.

Anusien
11-30-2006, 10:11 PM
It's tough coming up up with a Top 10, I haven't seen enough of you play. So I'm going to cop out and talk about some people that should and shouldn't be on it.

Me: I think the only way you could get me onto that sort of team is if you had one of the Froggers or someone make me play a good deck. My main problem isn't that I'm a bad player, but I choose bad decks in an attempt to get an edge on the field.

I'm hesitant about putting a lot of the Vintage players on it. Most of the ones that I'd want to put on, like Dave Feinstein or someone like that, don't seem to spend enough time on the format. For example, I'd only put Kowal on the team with the same stipulation as me. Jacob Orlove, by contrast, already knows what the right metagame call is.

I think there are a few obvious choices. Chris Coppola (Machinus) probably has put up the most consistent numbers of anyone, especially recently. Gearheart is ahead of him on winnings, but I think Chris's median finish is much better. Both Hatfields seem to be incredibly solid players who consistently put numbers up. Herbig obviously, and despite whatever personal hate you throw at him, I think it's clear Gearheart deserves to be on (not Gearhert or Glearhart despite what my keyboard things).
I'd put Sexy_Rector on there, both because he has an incredibly savage collection, but also because he's a solid player and something of a lucksack. That is if someone can sit down and force him to test and play the same deck.
I'd put Mike Bomholt on there for raw power. He's probably still one of the if not the best Iggy players in the world, and someone I'd want on my team.
I'd probably put Dan Spero (Bardo) on there, both because it would finally get him to the East Coast (can we get Zilla an exception for this too?) and because he playtests all the freaking time. Seriously, he gets a snow day, and so he's up at 9am testing instead of sleeping.
I might want to put Zilla on the list, but I don't know if he's done anything recently. Plus he'd decline, because he wouldn't want it known he was coming, so he can surprise attack (2x modifier!) Jack Elgin.
I don't know if I'd want Calosso playing, but he could be the team good luck charm.

Edit: good point. I'd be interested to see if after a few weeks of real life intensive playtesting, whether Hanni can be consistent enough to make it. If he stops making stupid mistakes based on not doing paper testing, he'd be a real asset to the team.

If I have to, top 10 (and I'm not voting for myself because that's tacky):
Dan Spero (Bardo)
Chris Coppola (Machinus)
David Gearheart (Deep6er)
Mike Herbig (Herbig)
Hanni Alnimer (Hanni)
Jesse Hatfield (Obfuscate Freely)
Alix Hatfield (Mad Zur)
Mike Bomholt (bonholmm)
Bryan Ramsaroop (Evil Roopey)
Shaheen Sorani

People on the watchlist
Nick Trudeau
Parcher
Ben Kowal
Dave Feinstein
James Tang
Anwar Ahmed
Eric Darland

More interesting I think would be to put together two 2HG or 3v3 teams.

clavio
11-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Deep6er
TheInfamousBearAssassin
Reverend Damaged
Evil Roopey
herbig
Hanni
Luc Cotterel
Baldy
BigBear102
clavio

Deep6er
12-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I think there might be a little problem with this one. Everybody will inevitably vote for themselves thus making it an exercise in futility.

On a different note, I vote for me. A lot. Seriously, where in the hell am I on your list, jerk? :)

EDIT: Awesome to see that fixed. I was going to mention about all the shit that I had won. Y'know like 60 Duals, 1200 Dollars, a Mox. Y'know, probably more than anyone who has played "Legacy" (not 1.5). Not to mention the random store credit that I win from the frog occasionally.

EDIT2: In the interest of having my vote count, I'll put up a top Ten so that it looks like I care. In very particular order:

1. Deep6er
2. Ewokslayer
3. Machinus
4. Spatula of the Ages
5. ObfuscateFreely
6. Overlord95
7. Legacyplayer0
8. jrp
9. Krieger
10. Now, just so everyone knows, this retarded dipshit 'bought' my vote. So, unfortunately, number ten is Calosso.

On another note, I hate Jesse Hatfield and Herbig (great a guy though he is) and thus didn't vote for them. Also Jack Elgin sucks. His name is too long also. Not to mention that Calosso stole his vote. Lolz.

Nightmare
12-01-2006, 02:09 PM
I think there might be a little problem with this one. Everybody will inevitably vote for themselves thus making it an exercise in futility.

On a different note, I vote for me. A lot. Seriously, where in the hell am I on your list, jerk? :)If everyone votes for themselves, it's still only 1 vote. No big issue there.

I changed my vote due to me forgetting you won stuff this year, and due to Jack getting the banhammer.

Jander78
12-01-2006, 02:52 PM
This thread should just read "List your teammates"......at least until everyone gets over their own egos.

Nightmare
12-01-2006, 02:55 PM
This thread should just read "List your teammates"......at least until everyone gets over their own egos.I don't plan on counting those submissions (I'm looking at you, TeenieBopper and Wastedlife).

Machinus
12-01-2006, 03:40 PM
I changed my vote due to me forgetting you won stuff this year, and due to Jack getting the banhammer.

Holy shit!! That is the most awesome errata ever to occur!!

I agree that this kind of thing is basically a popularity contest. Unless you're going to qualify tournaments and give people Legacy pro points, there's nothing substantial about it.

Nightmare
12-01-2006, 03:53 PM
I agree that this kind of thing is basically a popularity contest. Unless you're going to quality tournaments and give people Legacy pro points, there's nothing substantial about it.So what? 1) you're winning, and 2) it's fun.

FakeSpam
12-01-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm shocked that I'm not on this list for any consideration.

Shocked.

... can I vote for everyone except Bryant?

gustoh
12-01-2006, 04:35 PM
This thread should just read "List your teammates"......at least until everyone gets over their own egos.

Quoted for Truth...

The Mana Drain can do this because Vintage has been around forever. Until Legacy has made a bigger splash I wouldn't know a Herbig from a Gustoh.

As far as well skilled players from around my way (Minnesota) Here's a list in no particular order...

Jeremy Zwirn
Joe Kaufman
Josh Wesley
Jesse River
Adam Sauver
Pat Mcgregor

LT...

Nightmare
12-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Quoted for Truth...

The Mana Drain can do this because Vintage has been around forever. Until Legacy has made a bigger splash I wouldn't know a Herbig from a Gustoh.

As far as well skilled players from around my way (Minnesota) Here's a list in no particular order...

Jeremy Zwirn
Joe Kaufman
Josh Wesley
Jesse River
Adam Sauver
Pat Mcgregor

LT...If you pay attention to the larger events, and who consistently does well in them, plus posts insightful things on decks here, at TMD, SCG, etc, you could get an idea. It's no more difficult for us to decide than TMD, especially since philly was last year.

Machinus
12-01-2006, 05:04 PM
I like to know about good players, deckbuilders, and writers for my own edification, because that helps me understand the format. I do think it can be nice to recognize others for their work, but I don't want Legacy to have the same kind of exclusion and egoism that exists in Vintage. This kind of exercise leads directly to that, because it encourages the pursuit of attention rather than tournamant success.

Success in Legacy comes from intelligent deckbuilding and practice.

SpatulaOfTheAges
12-01-2006, 05:40 PM
I like to know about good players, deckbuilders, and writers for my own edification, because that helps me understand the format. I do think it can be nice to recognize others for their work, but I don't want Legacy to have the same kind of exclusion and egoism that exists in Vintage. This kind of exercise leads directly to that, because it encourages the pursuit of attention rather than tournamant success.

Success in Legacy comes from intelligent deckbuilding and practice.

QFT. Obviously there are exceptional Magic players, writers, and deckbuilders, but ultimately, a tournement's success, an article's insights, and a deck's design should be weighted on their own merits.

Di
12-01-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm shocked that I'm not on this list for any consideration.

I'm even more shocked that I actually got a consideration. Word.

Whit3 Ghost
12-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Dave G.
Adam Barnello
Both Hatfields
Chris Coppola
Bardo
Nick Trudeau
Anwar
Herbig
Eric Darland

Hey, I was thinking about this a while ago, but why not copy the entire Vintage Awards?

Citrus-God
12-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Quoted for Truth...

Jeremy Zwirn
Joe Kaufman
Josh Wesley
Jesse River
Adam Sauver
Pat Mcgregor

LT...

I would also like to add that Gabriel White is also a good player...

@Mr. Nightmare: Give us Minnesotans sometime, as we have very, very good players. Pat McGregor Top8ed one big event and Jesse Rivers is so fucking good at Vintage. Jeremy Zwirn is crazy good at the game. Joe Kaufman is like the best Aggro player I have ever seen. Josh Wesley is a good player.

Nightmare
12-01-2006, 10:05 PM
@Mr. Nightmare: Give us Minnesotans sometime, as we have very, very good players. Pat McGregor Top8ed one big event and Jesse Rivers is so fucking good at Vintage. Jeremy Zwirn is crazy good at the game. Joe Kaufman is like the best Aggro player I have ever seen. Josh Wesley is a good player.I'm certainly not saying there arent excellent players across the globe. Keep in mind, however, that generally people who perform well in large events get recognition, and that we're discussing this year only. If those names come up throughout the next year, they could very well make my list about 12 months from now.

TeenieBopper
12-01-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't plan on counting those submissions (I'm looking at you, TeenieBopper and Wastedlife).

It was a fuckin' joke, chill out.

Bryant Cook
12-01-2006, 11:27 PM
It was a fuckin' joke, chill out.

He can't risk not getting his E-Penis off.

Nightmare
12-01-2006, 11:40 PM
It was a fuckin' joke, chill out.I'm chill.

Getsickanddie
12-01-2006, 11:51 PM
He can't risk not getting his E-Penis off.

Bingo. This is fucking retarded. But I'll play along, just because I like to stroke e-penis...

Roland Chang
Herbig
Chris Coppola
Nick Trudeau
Dave Gearheart
Whatever the fuck Callosos real name is. While his play may be poor, his results speak loudly.
Both Hatfields
Jack Elgin. While he might be the Pete Rose of this list, his contributions to the format demand he make this list.

Lego
12-02-2006, 01:45 AM
I vote for Gearhart ten times. And Herbig negative ten times.

If I had to really compile a list, it'd be something like this:

Herbig
Gearhart
Bardo
Anusien
Nightmare
Machinus
Jesse Hatfield
Alix Hatfield
Anwar
Jack Elgin (had to do it, sorry)

I noticed that Nightmare thinks Jesse Hatfield is Mad Zur, while Anusien thinks Mad Zur is Alix, and Jesse is Ob Freely. Can we get a ruling here? All I know is Ob has a quote from me in his sig, which makes him inherently cooler.

And Ben Kowal? He's a good friend and all, but did he finish anything anywhere? I saw him scrub out a couple times...

foursquare
12-02-2006, 02:04 AM
Shaheen Soorani!
Shaheen Soorani!
Shaheen Soorani!
Shaheen Soorani!
Shaheen Soorani!
Shaheen Soorani!
Shaheen Soorani!
Shaheen Soorani!
Shaheen Soorani!
Shaheen Soorani!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgevent/worlds06/stand18

Shaheen Soorani just got 9th at Worlds!!!! I love it when he constantly proves brown peoples Magic skillz.

TeenieBopper
12-02-2006, 02:27 AM
I noticed that Nightmare thinks Jesse Hatfield is Mad Zur, while Anusien thinks Mad Zur is Alix, and Jesse is Ob Freely. Can we get a ruling here? All I know is Ob has a quote from me in his sig, which makes him inherently cooler.

Mad Zur=Jesse
Ob Freely=Alix

TheInfamousBearAssassin
12-02-2006, 04:16 AM
Shaheen Soorani just got 9th at Worlds!!!! I love it when he constantly proves brown peoples Magic skillz.

You ever notice it's always the brown people who get 9th place? What an interesting "coincidence".[/conspiracyofracistWizards]

Shaheen's a cool player, and I admire his deckbuilding style, but he's done little to develop anything for Legacy. Based on actual Legacy results, I'd have to say that I'd pick:

Jesse Hatfield
Mike Herbig
Chris Coppola (despite his raging hate-on for me)
Brian Diefendorf- A lot of top 8's last year. I guess he doesn't get attention for failing to finish in the top 2.
Zohar Bhagat- Did very well both at the Duel for Duals and at Worlds.
Eric Darland is apparently able to top 8 with anything. Eric Darland smote the ground with his surfboard and out sprung Richard Garfield with a pile of proxies and a sharpie, and thus the game of Magic was born.
Anwar Ahmed- A lot of 9th place finishes. Yup.
Phil Stolze- Someday he'll actually win with that thing.
Calosso Fuentes

That's all I can think of. Believe me, I wanted to put myself more than anyone else, but I can't really justify the handful of almosts I got as amounting to the same thing. I could almost pull it off on the back of deck design, but a) Clearly anyone attempting to alleviate this format of it's stagnancy with new decklists over the past year failed, and b) No one, when discussing basketball, puts a really good theorist on their dream team, so I don't see why we should with Magic.

I wanted to put more San Diego and German players on there, but I really don't know who's who there. They don't talk about themselves enough. I was impressed that Rodrigo Gonzalez beat me. That's supposed to be like, impossible.

calosso
12-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Here are my votes.
They are not in order

Eric Darland(sexy_rector)
Alix Hatfield(Ob_freely)
Jesse Hatfield(mad_Zur)
David Gearhart(Deep6er)
Nick Trudeau
Adam Barnello (Mr.Nightmare)
Calosso Fuentes (Calosso)
Chris Coopula (Machinus)
Mike Herbig (Herbig)
Anwar Ahmead (AnwarA101)

Alex_Van_R
12-02-2006, 08:58 AM
Here are my votes.
They are not in order

Eric Darland(sexy_rector)
Alix Hatfield(Ob_freely)
Jesse Hatfield(mad_Zur)
David Gearhart(Deep6er)
Nick Trudeau
Adam Barnello (Mr.Nightmare)
Calosso Fuentes (Calosso)
Chris Coopula (Machinus)
Mike Herbig (Herbig)
Anwar Ahmead (AnwarA101)

You forgot Alex_Van_R... and Atwa 2002... and Lukas Preus...

on1y0ne
12-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!

*Waving hand excitedly*

Can I be the All-Star Judge!?!?

/end sarcasm

Bane of the Living
12-02-2006, 10:06 AM
In no real order..

sexy_rector
GRAH
Bardo
Deep6er
Lukas Preuss
Mr.Nightmare
IBA
Machinus
Herbig
Evil Roopey

Atwa
12-02-2006, 10:24 AM

You wanted to vote me, while I've attended to only one tournament, made the worst playmistake ever there, which costed me not only the game, but also the rest of the tournament? I dropped that tournament 1-2, but it was a hell of a tourney.

We are talking about a hall of fame here, not a hall of shame.

But I do have to vote for Lukas though. We europeans must stand out for each other (and he's a good player too).

Alex_Van_R
12-02-2006, 10:32 AM
You wanted to vote me, while I've attended to only one tournament, made the worst playmistake ever there, which costed me not only the game, but also the rest of the tournament? I dropped that tournament 1-2, but it was a hell of a tourney.

We are talking about a hall of fame here, not a hall of shame.

But I do have to vote for Lukas though. We europeans must stand out for each other (and he's a good player too).

I voted you because you speak Dutch.

herbig
12-02-2006, 10:46 AM

The correct phrase would be "come out for each other."

Alex_Van_R
12-02-2006, 11:03 AM
The correct phrase would be "come out for each other."

We Europeans must stand on our feet! Inner fear, our worst enemy! REFUSE! RESIST!

No, Lukas has to be on the list, and Windux too.

calosso
12-02-2006, 01:54 PM

Why would I vote for you? You guys have not performed well in any legacy tournaments.

nickvo$
12-02-2006, 02:31 PM
This is Nick Trudeau, seeing as you guys don't know my handle. In regards to this All-Star voting, I would imagine the only players that should be included should be those who had several quality finishes in prominent tournaments this year. There are many quality players who represent this format well, and if someone wants to start a thread to list the best players in the format that might be a good idea, too. Remember that the best players in sports don't always make their All-Star teams, just the ones performing the most noticeably.

nick

kabal
12-02-2006, 03:47 PM
This is Nick Trudeau

I'd vote for you. Considering the last two SCG tourney you played 8th & 9th and top 8'ing @ Legacy Champs '06 playing Landstill. A deck by many considered dead and unable to perform well.

Anyone that just plays Goblins and happens to get a top 8 spot isn't what I call a spectacular player.

xsockmonkeyx
12-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Best Performance - Machinus - the 4 Tinkerer solution.

Player of the Year - Calosso - D4Ds, other lucksackery

Best Deck Builder - Roopey - Miracle-Gro, EBA, others.

Rookie of the Year - Hanni, Hannifish, 10th place at D4D

Best Rogue Deck - Terrageddon - the Dutch Connection

Best Deck Report - dxfiler - Apeshit

Best Article - Bardo - UGW Threshold

Best Signature - Mr. Nightmare, Vacon quote.

Zilla
12-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Plus he'd decline, because he wouldn't want it known he was coming, so he can surprise attack (2x modifier!) Jack Elgin.
6x modifier. I'm not some shitty level 1.

Bardo
12-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Nick Trudeau (nickvo$)
Dave Price (Quicksilver)
Chris Coppola (Machinus)
Adam Barnello (Mr Nightmare)
Jesse Hatfield (Mad Zur)
Dave Gearheart (deep6er)
Eric Darland (sexy_rector)
Alix Hatfield (Obfuscate Freely)
Anwar Ahmad (Anwar)
Roland Chang (Changster) * the dude is the reigning 1.5 World Champ, after all
Mike Herbig (Herbig)

Edit - And no, I did not look at calosso's answers before posting. Fucking eerie.

BossOfTheGame
12-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Reverend Damaged
TheInfamousBearAssassin
Baldy
Evil Roopey
Deep6er

No particular order

TheDarkshineKnight
12-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Since he's not getting enough love, I'm gonna have to vote for Jack Elgin. It seems he's the only person in the format who can actually create NEW control deck that are actually decent. Without him, all of the control we would ever see would be Mono-Blue and Landstill, with the occasional Loam.

kabal
12-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Since he's not getting enough love, I'm gonna have to vote for Jack Elgin.

I'd have to vote for him as well. Even no he seems like a total ass, without him this format wouldn't have much innovation. Most people just play the popular or Tier 1 decks, others attempt to create a variant. Jack goes above and beyond to create some interesting (yet terrible j/k) decks. Too bad he is banned from playing competitive magic right now, we have seen a decline in new decks from him. I'm guessing this is the reason why.

Nightmare
12-04-2006, 02:53 PM
DELETED STUFF
Oh man. Fixed.

Tao
12-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Since he's not getting enough love, I'm gonna have to vote for Jack Elgin. It seems he's the only person in the format who can actually create NEW control deck that are actually decent. Without him, all of the control we would ever see would be Mono-Blue and Landstill, with the occasional Loam.

I won both Source Tourneys and with my own GBW Control Survival.

Bardo
12-04-2006, 04:30 PM
I'd have to vote for him as well. Even no he seems like a total ass, without him this format wouldn't have much innovation. Most people just play the popular or Tier 1 decks, others attempt to create a variant. Jack goes above and beyond to create some interesting (yet terrible j/k) decks. Too bad he is banned from playing competitive magic right now, we have seen a decline in new decks from him. I'm guessing this is the reason why.

There's kind of schism in how this thread is playing out. Some are interpreting this as "who's who in Legacy." Others, like myself, are trying to stay clear of that minefield and are just focusing on actual tournament results (GenCon, the SCG events, etc.)

Thinking of this in terms of "only tournaments matter" pretty much exlude IBA and people like me.

ShaheenSoorani
12-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I did vote for myself 10 times, but I just realized that Tom Smart invented Goblins in legacy, so I have changed my votes (all ten) for Tom Smart, inventor of Smart Goblins, top 4er of THE legacy GP, and master wizard of wielding spells that inately have little to no skill.

Umm...are you kidding me? I have revolutionized legacy. The all mighty gobs lose to what you may ask? Tsabos decree, yea....six mana instants. When I have a little more free time I'm going to bomb lists all over the source until they ban me.

-Mr. Nightmare

Thanks man. Being a "dick" is one of my character traits, but I'll attempt to supress it for your readers.

kabal
12-04-2006, 05:51 PM
In no particular order...

IBA
Bardo
Nick Trudeau
Machinus
Deep6er

Ewokslayer
12-06-2006, 09:09 AM
I am pretty much voting because Gearhart keeps bugging me to.

In no particular order

Nick Trudeau (nickvo$)
Mike Herbig (herbig)
Chris Coppola (Machinus)
Jesse Hatfield (Mad Zur)
Dave Gearheart (deep6er)
Anwar Ahmad (AnwarA101)
Brian Diefendorf (Ewokslayer)
"Friendly" Phil Stolze (legacyplayer0)

Mulletus
12-06-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm surprized no one mentioned Doug Mckay.... He won Ed Fears Lotus and Kadilack's Dual Lands. All with a deck of his own design.

Bryant Cook
12-06-2006, 10:54 AM
It's because 90% of this thread is a popularity contest.

calosso
12-06-2006, 12:11 PM
It's because 90% of this thread is a popularity contest.

Then why don't you vote?

Bryant Cook
12-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Then why don't you vote?

Mine was deleted.

Yours was a joke. If you actually vote, it won't be deleted. ~ Nightmare

Lego
12-06-2006, 06:42 PM
So seriously, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I was honestly wondering why people voted for Ben Kowal. I mean aside from his enormous member. Did he win something I missed?

troopatroop
12-06-2006, 09:34 PM
I am pretty much voting because Gearhart keeps bugging me to.

In no particular order

Nick Trudeau (nickvo$)
Mike Herbig (herbig)
Chris Coppola (Machinus)
Jesse Hatfield (Mad Zur)
Dave Gearheart (deep6er)
Anwar Ahmad (AnwarA101)
Brian Diefendorf (Ewokslayer)
"Friendly" Phil Stolze (legacyplayer0)

Bryant Cook
12-06-2006, 09:46 PM
So seriously, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I was honestly wondering why people voted for Ben Kowal. I mean aside from his enormous member. Did he win something I missed?

The real question is why is anyone voting? This thread doesn't serve a purpose other than getting off E-penis. Voting doesn't mean a damn thing.

troopatroop
12-06-2006, 10:07 PM
The real question is why is anyone voting? This thread doesn't serve a purpose other than getting off E-penis. Voting doesn't mean a damn thing.

QQ

I bet you would be singing a different tune if your name was mentioned a few more times...

Shriekmaw
12-06-2006, 10:47 PM

Could you please stop wining, because its pretty damn pathetic. If you want to vote, then vote. Otherwise, please let the other source members have some fun to see who deserves to be mentioned among the top performers.

My list:

Ashok Chitturi
Mike Herbig
Chris Coppola
Adam Barnello
Jeff Folinus
Dave Gearheart
Doug Mckay
Brian Diefendorf
Phil Stolze
Alix Hatfield

Getsickanddie
12-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Doug Mckay

Ahh yes, he to deserves a mention.

ShaheenSoorani
12-07-2006, 01:12 PM
So hypothetically I win the next legacy GP, can I then join the ranks of legacy masters? And if so, where do I lie in relation to say a Tom Smart who has also proved his vast skill in wizadry. I do actually have a great idea for a legacy control deck that doesn't have decree of justice in it, yep. I'll post it in a fitting forum in a day or so, when I work the kinks out.

Ewokslayer
12-07-2006, 02:56 PM
So hypothetically I win the next legacy GP, can I then join the ranks of legacy masters?
Yup, plus I am sure some VA players would have sex change operations just to carry your love child.

And if so, where do I lie in relation to say a Tom Smart who has also proved his vast skill in wizadry.
Well lets see, Tom Smart invented "Smart Goblins" so that is a tough hurdle. You should name your decks Soorani _____ and then you are the clearly better Legacy Guru.

I do actually have a great idea for a legacy control deck that doesn't have decree of justice in it, yep. I'll post it in a fitting forum in a day or so, when I work the kinks out.Soorani Control without Decree of Justice? Say it's not so. :cry: That is like Smart Goblins without the Swords to Plowshares and the Ravages of War.

Lego
12-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Tell me it's at least got the Urzatron in it!

Nightmare
12-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Results are in!