PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] B/G Death Cloud / Poxish

Plank
12-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Digging through my old cards I found a favorite of mine, Death Cloud and thought it would be cool to build a deck around it. Yes, I could just play Pox... But Death Cloud is so much more of a bomb. Anyway, here's the list.

Lands //
4 Bayou
4 Polluted Delta
4 Wooded Foothills
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Swamp
3 Forest

Kill //
3 Phyrexian Totem
3 Yavimaya Elder (He's not REALLY acceleration)

Mana Accel //
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 Mox Diamond
3 Chrome Mox

Disruption //
4 Duress
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Death Cloud
4 Small Pox (I'm still debating between small pox or pox, if anyone has any insight as to why one over the other I'd love to hear it.)

Other //
3 Phyrexian Arena
2 Life from the Loam

I don't know what the problem with the deck is, but I lost to U/G madness 9 out of 10 games... Maybe more creature kill? More creatures of my own? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

erdjinn
12-07-2006, 06:59 AM
I don't know what the problem with the deck is, but I lost to U/G madness 9 out of 10 games... Maybe more creature kill? More creatures of my own? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have only 1 win condition: Phyrexian Toem.
Maybe you lost because you never draw it, or maybe because you have no answer to Pithing Needle on Totem, or maybe only because the deck is pure garbage. :laugh:

xsockmonkeyx
12-07-2006, 11:04 AM
4 Small Pox (I'm still debating between small pox or pox, if anyone has any insight as to why one over the other I'd love to hear it.)

FYI, I went over the Smallpox vs Pox thing at the top of this (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4618) thread. Hope it helps.

Goblin Snowman
12-07-2006, 12:29 PM
I have this buit still, but mine looks alot more like a Pox build at the moment. The reason to use Green is Grave-Shell Scarab, really. Also, I'd run 4 Small Pox, and 2 Pox/Infest/Barter in Blood. That kinda of stuff. Smother, Innocent Blood, Funeral Charm, Chainer's Edict, Uba Mask, Sylven Library, Sinkhole, and Hymn all merit consideration.

Cavius The Great
12-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Digging through my old cards I found a favorite of mine, Death Cloud and thought it would be cool to build a deck around it. Yes, I could just play Pox... But Death Cloud is so much more of a bomb. Anyway, here's the list.

Lands //
4 Bayou
4 Polluted Delta
4 Wooded Foothills
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Swamp
3 Forest

Kill //
3 Phyrexian Totem
3 Yavimaya Elder (He's not REALLY acceleration)

Mana Accel //
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 Mox Diamond
3 Chrome Mox

Disruption //
4 Duress
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Death Cloud

Other //
3 Phyrexian Arena
2 Life from the Loam

Death Cloud is really good with Eladamri's Vineyard. It not only provides a setup for a massive Death Cloud, it also makes them take mana burn after a massive Death Cloud. Just make sure you have stuff to spend the Vineyard mana on like Jayemdae Tomb or Totems.

Brushwagg
12-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I really think you need Exploration in this deck. While the Elders are nice, you want to out pace your opponents in the permanent race. They also allow you to recover faster then your opponent. Another suggestion would be Crucible to go along with the LftL.