PDA

View Full Version : 12/16/06 Legacy Tournament In MN at Monster Den. 4xTundra 4xFOW and more...

gustoh
12-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Since the tournament is about a week away.

Info pulled from the sight.

Saturday 12/16 Big Prize Type 1.5 Legacy Tournament
This is at Monster Den. Start time is 1pm. Cost is $15. 1st-4th place get choice of 4X Force of Will, 4X Tundra, 4X Bayou, Mana Drain. More prizes to other top finishers dependant on number of entries.

For more info go to www.monsterdengames.com

Hope to see people there...

LT...

Citrus-God
12-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Which one are you going to Lenny? I heard theres also another one in Dreamers happening the same day as well.

gustoh
12-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Which one are you going to Lenny? I heard theres also another one in Dreamers happening the same day as well.

It's only at the Den...

LT...

Citrus-God
12-11-2006, 06:47 PM
That's pretty convinient for me. Thanks Lenny. I'll be seeing you Wednesday anyways.

Xero
12-16-2006, 11:57 PM
So what happened?

swishandamiss
12-17-2006, 12:57 AM
its still going on

gustoh
12-17-2006, 09:44 AM
I can't remember the exact head count but there were a bunch of Goblins, and Threshold decks everywhere.

Top 8 did consist of:
2 Goblin Decks... One WR... I'm not sure what splash color was in Troy's deck
1 RG Survival
1 WGB Rock
1 RUG Threshold
1 UBW Fish
1 W/R Boros Deck with Browbeat and Exalted Angel
and another deck that I can't remember right now but he was playing against Gabe's RG Survival in the top 8.

LT...

Vardaman
12-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Did anybody get some rough numbers on how many of each archetype showed? I saw a ton of Thresh and UBW Fish. I think most of the people planning on playing Solidarity audibled into other decks when they saw that.

Anyway, it was six rounds of swiss and cut to top 8. ~42-46 people showed.

Top 8
Zwirn (some sort of Rock deck) vs Bearmon (R/w Goblins) 2-?
UGW thresh (1st place after swiss) vs RW deck (I didn't get to see what all was in the deck but I think the guy's name was Ozzy) 2-?
Ron Eldred (UBW Fish) vs. Goblins (not sure on the splash color) 2-1
Me (RGSA) vs. UGW thresh 2-1

I get rolled game one after mulling to five and stalling on one land for four turns. Thankfully, I win the other two games.

Semis
RW deck vs Rw Gobs 2-?
UBW Fish vs RGSA 2-0

We don't play out the finals and Bearmon snags the Tundras, I grab the Forces, Fish gets the Mana Drain and RW gets the Bayous.
The Mana Drain was tempting but I didn't want to go through the hassle of ebaying it. The thing was in pristine condition.

Citrus-God
12-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Congratz Gabe. I'm glad you beat UGw Threshold. Sorry I wasnt there to cheer you on fully.

n00bas4urus_r3x
12-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Nice finish Gabe ^^

gustoh
12-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Did anybody get some rough numbers on how many of each archetype showed? I saw a ton of Thresh and UBW Fish.

I'm almost positive there were only 2 UWB fish decks there and you ended up playing against both.

By far Goblins and Threshold decks were played the most. Here's what else I saw in the field:

Angel Stompy
GameKeeper/Salvagers
UG Madness
Mono Black with Rack and Discard Stuff
Rock Decks... WBG
R/G Beats
GAT
Solidarity

LT...

b4r0n
12-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Sounds like you guys have a very diverse meta.

Is there any chance of seeing some of the T8 decklists?

gustoh
12-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Sounds like you guys have a very diverse meta.

Is there any chance of seeing some of the T8 decklists?

Not sure who really post on here who Top 8'd. I know Gabe's RG Survival list was very simular to the list he ran at the Shinders event a few months ago.

And about the Solidarity players... I believe at the last "big" Legacy tournament at the Den, Goblins were everywhere and sided at least 8-10 cards in against Solidarity. I know Josh Wesley still played Solidarity and finished 4-2. Jeremy on the other hand played played WBG Rock and still made it into the top8 after losing round one. I saw another person playing Solidarity who attempted to play Reset during his turn and then during his opponents upkeep. Stupid Italian Legends...

LT...

Citrus-God
12-19-2006, 05:03 PM
That same person who played Reset on his own turn lost to Jeremy to the most rediculous way ever! It involves Volrath's Stronghold, and that Solidarity player using up all 3 Cunning Wishes.

Vardaman
12-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Yeah, my RGSA list hasn't changed much. I'm pretty happy with the maindeck but I usually switch some of the sideboard cards.

RGSA
4 Bird of Paradise
3 Sakura Tribe Elder
1 Rofellos
4 Troll Ascetic
4 Ravenous Baloth
3 Flametongue Kavu
1 Masticore
3 Eternal Witness
1 Tin Street Hooligan
1 Anger
1 Genesis
1 Squee

4 Survival of the Fittest
4 Burning Wish
3 Umezawa's Jitte

2 Mountain
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Windswept Heath
4 Tiaga
10 Forest

Sideboard
1 Hull Breach
1 Pyroclasm
1 Rolling Earthquake
1 Tsunami
1 Ruination
1 Seeds of Innocence
1 Anarchy
1 Shard Pheonix
1 Duplicant
1 Loaming Shaman
2 Tormod's Crypt
3 Chalice of the Void

It was a great field to play this deck since there was a ton of thresh decks and the goblins matchup is ~50/50.

Citrus-God
12-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Gabe, have you tested Indrik Stomphowler in that deck yet? It seems pretty good IMO. Have you considered replacing those Crypts with Loaming Shaman? Having a creature to shove Jitte on makes a difference.

Vardaman
12-20-2006, 12:25 AM
I still haven't tested Stomphowler. It looks fine but I just can't argue with Tin Street as far as efficiency goes. I rarely run into enchantments that I need to destroy anyway. Maybe I'll try it this week.

I do have one Loaming Shaman in the board. It's nice to have at least one tutorable Crypt effect. I hadn't thought of replacing all of the Crypts with Loaming Shaman since it's much harder to play Loaming Shaman around Daze and other counterspells. With Crypt, I can just get them to tap out/Daze some spell and throw down Crypt for free. It's also much easier/quicker to recur Crypt with Witness.

Citrus-God
12-20-2006, 01:00 AM
It's not so bad against them. When they counter stuff, it's probably FtK or Baloth. if they Daze soemthing, it's probably STE or Troll. Shaman will resolve because this deck has way more must-counters than Goblins. I agree it is easier to re-cur Crypt with Witness, and they've probably already wasted their Needles on your Survival.

jodawe
12-21-2006, 03:50 PM
That same person who played Reset on his own turn lost to Jeremy to the most rediculous way ever! It involves Volrath's Stronghold, and that Solidarity player using up all 3 Cunning Wishes.

More like wasting a Stroke of Genius... Jeremy is the luckiest sack ever. Should have been an 0-2 drop... :tongue:

It was funny watching Jeremy say upkeep I'll put the witness on top of my library. That was the most entertaining part of the whole tourney.

Citrus-God
12-22-2006, 02:40 AM
Yeah... I dont know how the hell he does it, but he does it. Also, next time you go to Maplewood, just repetitively play Rifter, as it smashes the format.

JZ23
12-22-2006, 05:36 AM
Jeremy is the luckiest sack ever. Should have been an 0-2 drop... :tongue:

All skillz, ballsac :tongue: